In this tutorial, we will learn
- How to Define Schema Group
- How to Define Schema Determination
How to Define Schema Group
We can create schema groups for purchase organization or vendor.
Schema groups are then assigned to purchase organizations in customizing and to vendors in vendor master record. They are used to map the pricing determination process based on the vendor or purchase organization.
- Choose Define Schema Group from SPRO IMG path like in the previous topics.
- From the menu below, choose Schema Groups: Vendor.
On the next screen, you can define schema group for use in vendor master & maintain a description of your vendor schema groups.
You define only schema group number and description. There are no settings as this is used to be assigned to the vendor master record.
For example, we might need to create a new group 02 – Schema vendor 02.
Next, choose schema groups for purchasing organizations from main schema group menu.
Define your schema groups per your requirement. You define only schema group number and description. No settings either, just an indicator assigned to a purchasing organization.
Choose Assignment of Schema Group to Purchasing Organization from schema group menu.
If you want to use a standard schema for group organization, leave the field in the previous screen blank, and if you want to choose the Schema 0001 enter 0001 in the field marked in the upper screen. Screen with the available schemas for assignment to purchasing organization is available in the previous step (same as on below screen).
Assigning a schema group in the vendor master.
Go to the purchasing data view. You will see Schema group, Vendor field. You can choose whichever schema group is suitable for this vendor, default is left blank for standard schema vendor.
You can see that this field is maintained at purchasing organization organizational level (0001), so in combination with schema group for that purchasing organization, if we check tables, the selected calculation schema will be RM0000 – Purchasing Document (Big), as you can see in the next topic.
How to Define Schema Determination
Determination of calculation schema is a customizing activity.
You have to assign a pricing procedure to a schema group purchasing organization / schema group vendor combination.
Settings are located in Define schema determination option.
Choose Determination Calculation schema for Standard Purchase Orders.
- Choose schema group for purchasing organization.
- Choose schema group for vendor.
- Choose calculation schema to be assigned to the purch.org/vendor schema group combination.
Let’s analyze two records on this screen.
- In case 1, we have chosen default schema group for purchasing organization (first field is empty), also, default schema group for vendor (second field is empty), for this combination of both default schema groups, we assigned a RM0000 (Purchasing document – Big) calculation schema.
- In case 2, we have chosen schema group for purchasing organization as 0001, and schema group for vendor as 01, and assigned an RM1000 calculation schema to the combination.
How does it work?
Let’s say that we have a purchase organization 0001 with blank (default) schema group assigned to it, and a purchase organization 0002 with schema group 0001 assigned to it (not default).
We also have a vendor 1 with assigned schema group as blank (default), and vendor 2 with schema group defined as 01 (not default).
- In case we are creating a purchase order through purchasing group 0001 for vendor 1, our calculation schema is going to be determined as RM0000.
- If we are creating a PO for vendor 2 through purchasing organization 0001, calculation schema RM1000 will be determined.
- If we are creating a PO for any of the two vendors in purchasing organization 0002, in both cases there will be determined calculation schema RM1000.
The below table clarifies the calculation schema determination.
|Vendor 1||Default (blank)||RM0000||RM1000|
|Purchasing Organization 0001||Purchasing Organization 0002||PURCHASING ORGANIZATION|
You are done. Your pricing procedure is now fully functional.
You can use some advanced features like condition exclusions, copy control, define limits for condition types etc.