Quickbooks is automated accounting software that enables you to handle bookkeeping sales tax, invoicing, etc. You can use this software to track bills and expenses.This accounting software helps manage your business anytime, anywhere. It also provides customizable reports and dashboards.
However, this software has some drawbacks like lack of key reports outside of accounting, does not offers any direct professional support, system crash issues, etc.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Quick book alternative with popular features and website links. The list contains both open source(free) and commercial(paid) software.
Top QuickBooks Alternative [Free/Paid]
|FreshBooks||30 Days Free Trial + Paid Plan||Learn More|
|Netsuite||30 Days Free Trial + Paid Plan||Learn More|
|Bill.com||Free + Paid Plan||Learn More|
|Xero||30 Days Free Trial + Paid Plan||Learn More|
|Kiwili||14 Days Free Trial + Paid Plan||Learn More|
FreshBooks is an accounting tool developed by 2ndsite Inc company. It is one of the best QuickBooks online alternatives that helps you to run your small business fast, easy, and secure way.
- You can generate invoices for clients in just a few clicks.
- It enables you to organize expenses effortlessly.
- You can use log hours without any hassle and automatically put them onto the invoice.
- This tool helps you to collaborate on projects.
- It provides easy to understand reports on finance.
- Freshbook mobile app helps you to stay connected with your clients.
- It automatically checks and balances to ensure compliance and accuracy.
NetSuite is an integrated cloud business product suite developed by Oracle. It provides real-time visibility of your business financial performance.
- It has billing management capabilities that can integrate your finance and sales.
- This QuickBooks alternative provides a revenue recognition management solution.
- Netsuite helps you to streamline your financial planning process.
- You can manage users according to their roles using the dashboard.
Bill.com is a cloud-based solution that enables you to automate your financial operation for both small and medium-sized businesses. This tool helps clients to manage cash inflows and outflows. It allows you to collaborate with your team in real time.
- It can be detect duplicate invoices.
- Enables you to set up task approval workflow with ease.
- It logs all your payment-related activities.
- Provides fast chat support.
- This application secures your data using TLS (Transport Layer Security).
- Can be accessed from desktop, iOS, and Android device.
Xero is an online accounting application for small businesses. It enables you to collaborate with your advisors and share it with your employees. The key benefit of this app is that it automatically tracks profit and losses across more than one currency.
- You can track bank cash flow.
- It allows you to send online invoices with online payment options.
- You can connect Xero to your bank.
- Record and manage receipts and expenses.
- You can follow an employee’s payroll information.
- Xero provides financial reports to monitor the amounts.
- It saves a snapshot of relationship history and contacts.
- This free alternative to QuickBooks has one dashboard to check business performance.
kiwili is online accounting software for business and freelancers that helps you to manage your expenses and revenues in a better way.
- You can analyze your cash flow.
- This free QuickBooks alternative provides accounting automation.
- You can bifurcate your income and expenses.
- Kiwili enables you to see the amount of taxes collected and paid.
- You can prepare and send reports to your accountant.
- It helps you to generate a balance sheet and income statement.
- This tool includes a range of modules for the journal, ledger, payroll, trial balance, and more.
KashFlow is an online payroll and bookkeeping solution for small businesses and accountancy firms. It automatically updates VAT (Value Added Tax) and can be submitted directly to HMRC (HM Revenue and Customs).
- You can see a full view of your finances.
- It enables you to convert your quotations turn into invoices.
- You can set up multiple payment methods.
- Kashflow provides an accurate report on profit and loss, stock control.
- You can link your bank account to KashFlow business accounts.
FreeAgent is an online accounting and money management tool. You can use it to send and track professionally designed invoices. It provides a bird’s eye view of the performance of income, expenses, and profit.
- You can fill and file your self-assessment tax return to HMRC.
- You can forecast your corporation tax bill.
- It enables you to analyze your cash flow and see when your tax bills are due.
- You can review VAT returns and file with a single click.
- Freeagent provides a bird’s eye view of the performance of income, expenses, and profit.
- It offers an in-built stopwatch to record your time.
8) Clear Books
Clear Books is a cloud-based (SaaS) accounting application. You can link your bank account with Clearbooks, and it will automatically import your bank transactions.
- You can create invoices and payment reminders.
- It helps you to manage your project finance effortlessly.
- Create a report on profit and loss and cash flow.
- You can create invoices in more than 170 currencies.
- Clear Books allows you to track stock levels using the report.
- It enables you to record the time you have spent on tasks, clients, and projects and create directly from timesheets.
Patriotsoftware is an online accounting and payroll management software for small businesses. It enables you to securely run your payroll from any device connected to the internet.
- It provides support via phone, chats, or email.
- You can track all customer payments you need to make.
- It utilizes encryption techniques to keep your bank information safe.
- You can assign departments to vendor payments and customer invoices.
10) Easy Accountax
Easy Accountax is a strong competitor of a quick book. This tool helps you manage your accounting transaction with ease. It enables you to manage your accounts on the go.
- It helps you to create professional-looking invoices.
- You can record bills and attach scanned receipts from the mobile device.
- It offers statutory and payroll reports.
- You can manage your assets without any hassle.
Tally is an ERP accounting software that helps you record day to day business data from your desktop. It automates your business operations, such as finance, sales, manufacturing, inventory, and purchasing.
- You can manage GST (Goods and Services Tax) billing in tally.
- It enables you to handle all types of transactions, including payments, purchases, journals, and more.
- You can generate trial balance, balance sheet, and many other accounting reports.
- This free alternative to QuickBooks helps you to manage bank transactions and checkbooks.
- You can easily organize your outstanding.
Waveapps accounting tool is a replacement of QuickBooks, which helps you to handle invoices, track expenses, transactions, and investments. It enables you to connect unlimited bank connections.
- This QuickBooks alternative open source software enables you to track income and expenses without any stress.
- Waveapps enables you to create and send unlimited professional invoices.
- It has a smart dashboard that gives complete information about how your business is going.
Sage is a small business and accounting software that helps you to manage payments and expenses. It offers a wide range of payroll and accountancy products.
- You can access customer details, transaction history, and account balances from M.S. outlook.
- It can be integrated with Office 365.
- You can upload a photograph of expense receipts to Microsoft OneDrive, and it will automatically sync with Sage.
- It enables you to schedule backup to MS OneDrive with 1 T.B. of available storage.
Versaccounts is a business accounting software that gives ERP solutions to companies. You can utilize this software to manage ERP modules like general ledger, account payable, accounts receivables, and fixed assets.
- It enables you to create and tracking of production orders across a range of the manufacturing process.
- This tool supports contact and service management with pipeline scheduling.
- You can organize inventory across more than one location and system.
AccountsIQ is a cloud accounting system that helps you to improve your productivity. This tool can be used to manage budget, audit, cash flow, and tax return.
- You can process multilocation customer accounts, statements, and bulk email invoices.
- It enables you to batch credit notes and post-purchase invoices to the cloud.
- You can capture, code, and authorize transactions in real-time.
- AccountsIQ enables you to integrate with numerous legacy electronic banking systems.
- It allows you to choose many pre-configured reports or create your dashboard.
16) Myob Greentree
Myob Greentree is accounting software that enables you to track when the client receives an open invoice. It supports seven days a week customer support.
- You can work with your bookkeeper or accountant in the software wherever you are.
- It enables clients to use a credit card to pay directly from your invoices.
- Myob Greentree provides a Single Touch Payroll (STP) reporting.
Reckon helps you to manage your payroll, finances, and inventory together from one place. It offers a Single Touch Payroll reporting facility.
- It has the ability to organize your customers, sales, employees, and inventory from anywhere.
- You can schedule and manage your finances with ease.
- It enables you to connect your bank accounts to see your transactions flow.
- You can track and manage already paid invoices to boost your cash flow.
- Employees can bill and manage their expense claims.
- Reckon can be integrated with more than 1000 apps.
OneUp is an accounting software design for small companies. You can use this product to retrieve daily bank transactions. It can also use it to manage inventory, CRM (Customer Relationship Management), and invoice.
- When you visit the app the second time, it automatically matches a bank transaction with an existing overdue invoice.
- You will receive daily information on cash flow and profit information.
- An accountant can log in to this tool and export all the financial records to prefer the app.
- Once you connect with your bank, it will automatically remember your choice.
19) Momenteo Free Edition
Momenteo provides a solution for accounting. It helps you to track work completed, expenses, and travels in the calendar and generate accounting.
- You create and send invoices to clients.
- It enables you to convert estimates into invoices when your clients approve them.
- Momento helps you to track, classify, and archive expenses.
- You can archive the previous year’s activity.
- This free QuickBooks alternative enables you to add a personal brand to your invoices.
- You can link your Paypal or Stripe account so that clients can deposit money online.
- It allows you to search for the most significant expenses and figure out how to reduce them.
NewViews is accounting software that is developed by Q.W. Page Associates Inc. You can adapt this app to sync with all your bookkeeping related needs.
- It enables you to create custom report layouts.
- You can allocate costs to multiple activities or projects.
- It provides a full history of your account.
- You can integrate NewViews with payroll and Electronic funds Transfer (EFT).
Quickfile is accounting software that helps you to organize your receipts in the cloud. You can utilize it to snap your receipts from a mobile device.
- It helps you to track and file your VAT Returns.
- You can group activity with the various projects you have.
- It supports full multi-currency.
- This free accounting software like QuickBooks enables you to connect your invoice to payment solutions like PayPal, Stripe, Bitcoin, etc.
- You can handle purchase orders, estimates, and delivery notes.
- You can set up a scheduled backup of your account.
22) Zoho Books
Zoho Books is a tax compliant accounting software that enables you to manage your account payables, receivables. It allows you to collaborate with the company employee.
- It automatically calculates GST and generates the report.
- You can follow up payment using automatic alerts.
- It enables you to integrate with numerous online payments.
- Zoho Books enables you to track expenses and record bills.
- You can choose your price from the list provided by Zoho Books.
- It automatically fetches a bank statement from the bank into your account.
- You can manage more than one project, add tasks, and assign them to employees.
- You can generate invoice customer depend on on-task time or fix cost for any project.
❓ What are the best alternatives to QuickBooks?
Following are some of the best alternatives to QuickBooks:
- Clear Books
- Zoho Books
💻 What is the difference between Desktop and Cloud Accounting Software?
The following are the key difference between desktop and cloud small business accounting software:
Desktop Small Business Accounting Software: To use desktop software, You need to install software on your computer and run it there. And all your business accounts data is also stored on your computer.
Cloud Small Business Accounting Software: This accounting software runs on the internet. To use it, no need to install software on your computer. Your business accounts data is stored on a cloud server. To access the Cloud software, you visit a website and sign in with a username and password. This means you can access software with a connection to the internet from anywhere and any device.
⚡ Which factors should you consider while selecting the Best Accounting Software?
You should consider the following factors before selecting accounting software.
- Ease of use.
- Size of your business.
- Quality of Customer support.
- License cost, if applicable.
- Hardware/Software requirements of the accounting software.
- Support and Update the policy of the accounting software.
- Reviews of the company.