22 BEST OCR Software in 2021 [Free/Paid]
OCR (Optical character reader/recognition) is the electronic conversion of images to printed text. There are many OCR software which helps you to extract text from images into searchable files. These tools accept numerous image types and converts into well-known file formats like word, excel, or plain text.
Following is a handpicked list of OCR Software, with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source(free) and commercial(paid) software.
OnlineOCR recognizes characters and text from PDF documents and images. It allows you to convert more than 15 images per hour into editable text formats.
- It supports more than 46 languages, including English, Chinese, French, etc.
- OnlineOCR can handle BMP (Bit Map), PNG (Portable Network Graphics), zip files, etc.
- You can convert text into Word, Excel, RTF, and plain text format.
- This service allows you to integrate converted files into your website.
Adobe Acrobat is an OCR system that helps you to convert scanned PDF files, images into searchable/editable documents. It provides custom fonts that look similar to printouts.
- You can instantly edit any printed document.
- It enables you to easily cut and paste the text into other applications.
- Acrobat enables you to export the file to Microsoft office.
- You can convert scanned documents to PDF file and move the data from one location to another.
- This tool helps you to keep the look and feel of documents like the original one.
OmniPage Ultimate is software that can convert your document easy to edit and search. It can scan files to any format with minimal effort.
- Provide ready-to-use document formats.
- You can integrate this application with mobile and printers.
- It supports a wide range of applications, including Microsoft Office, HTML, and more.
- You can open this application from the network.
- This application can recognize in more than 120 languages.
ABBYY Cloud Reader is a tool that recognizes a full printed or handwritten page. It can detect more than 200 languages. This tool helps you to transform PDF/image to searchable MS Word, Excel, PDF, etc. format.
- It supports Mobile devices and desktop PC.
- This tool can recognize receipt and business cards.
- ABBYY Cloud Reader provides REST (Representational State Transfer).
- It converts recognized data into XML (Extensible Markup Language).
- This tool provides a library for Java, .NET, iOS, and Python.
Cisdem is an easy-to-use PDF converter tool. The tool also allows you to retain texts, images, tables, elements and keep them in the original formatting. It allows you to convert PDF to MS Office, iWork, image, and more.
- It helps you to scan PDF into searchable documents.
- You can convert multiple PDFs to various document formats.
- Create PDF from Word, PowerPoint, HTML, EPUB, etc.
- Supported platform: iOS.
NanoNets is a web service that helps you to digitize documents and PDF using OCR. You can use it to convert more than 100 scanned documents at the same time into formats, like XML, PDF, and more.
- You can specify a category of text for accurate detection.
- It enables you to upload up to 50 images of each text category.
- NanoNets automatically type out characters from captured images.
- You can get your converted files within few hours.
- It can transform the human-readable text into structured data using OCR.
- This app enables you to extract information from images.
LightPDF is online service that helps you to convert and manage scanned PDF files into editable text formats. It enables you to add files by a single mouse click.
- It enables you to select more than one language for recognizing text.
- This tool encrypts your personal information.
- You can turn images and PDF into PPT, TXT, RTF, etc. formats.
- LightPDF provides support on the phone.
- You can scan files having more than 30 MB size.
Ocr.space is a service that converts images containing text into an editable file format using OCR. This website also helps you to get a text from PDF files.
- It allows you to choose a specific language for your document.
- This service can also transform a screenshot of text documents.
- You can use Ocr.space without any registration.
- Ocr.space enables you to get an editable file into a multi-column text format.
- It does not store your confidential data on the server.
9) Easy Screen OCR
Easy Screen OCR enables you to turn images into an editable text file format. It helps you to capture screenshots to extract text in an efficient way.
- It supports drag and drop facility to upload files.
- Easy Screen OCR deletes uploaded files within 30 minutes.
- You can extract text from images without registration.
- This service uses Google learning service to keep your cloud data safe.
- You can add up to five pictures for the conversion.
- It can recognize 100+ languages.
- Easy Screen OCR enables you to set a shortcut for easy access.
Symphony is a back-end OCR engine which ensures that the text of the scanned file is searchable. This service enables you to extract text from PDF, TIFF (Tagged Image File Format), e-faxes, email, etc.
- Symphony OCR helps you to detect text from PDF files containing scanned images.
- You can copy and paste text from the documents.
- It enables you to search text in the document.
- This tool can be integrated with SharePoint, ShareFile, etc.
FineScanner is a smart scanner that captures documents as well as books and converts them into easy to search text format. Once the scan is done, you can make changes in the output file.
- It can read your phone screen, including icons, links, buttons, etc.
- FineScanner accepts virtual assistant commands to get PDF, scan documents, open books.
- Output can be shared with other people.
- You can use it on iPad or iPhone.
12) Text Fairy
Text Fairy is the Android OCR app. This app can scan text from images or photos taken from the camera. It can recognize print from more than 50 languages.
- It can extract text from scanned images.
- This app automatically adjusts the image accurately for a better result.
- You can edit the resulted file.
- It can convert images into PDF files.
- Text Fairy does not show any advertisement while using it.
13) Softworks OCR
Softworks is a OCR program that helps you to extract data from images. It enables you to minimize manual entry and provides an automated solution for your business.
- It helps you to improve the quality of scanned documents.
- Softworks OCR accepts numerous input sources.
- It uses a computer vision algorithm to analyze the processed page.
- This tool can detect existing layers of texts within an image or document.
14) Text Scanner [OCR]
Text Scanner [OCR] is an Android app that scans texts. It helps you to convert images to text. This tool can automatically recognize characters from a photo.
- It supports 50+ languages.
- You can scan the handwritten paper and turn it into a digital format.
- Text Scanner [OCR] helps you to share a file with others via email.
- You can save the file to Google drive.
- It supports communication software like Google Hangouts and Google+ social media website.
15) Scanbot SDK
Scanbot SDK helps you to scan and create documents from your phone. It provides SDK (System Development Kit) that can be easily integrated into Android and iOS projects.
- It automatically recognizes text from scanned images.
- You can extract text from documents and transform it into searchable and editable files.
- This app supports all major operating systems.
- You can use it offline.
- Scanbot SDK can recognize Latin, Arabic, Asian, etc. characters.
- You can scan PDF files having a multi-page.
16) OCR Text Scanner
OCR Text Scanner enables you to recognize text in scanned documents. It is a user-friendly app that helps you to turn your handwritten or typed format into editable file.
- It can detect text in more than 30 languages.
- You can copy text from the clipboard.
- OCR Text Scanner helps you to share a document via email.
- It automatically recognizes text written in the scanned document.
- This tool helps you to save a quotation written in a magazine or books.
- You can use the OCR Text Scanner online and offline.
- OCR Text Scanner helps you to send the extracted file to other people via email.
- It can identify typed text format.
17) Google Cloud
Google Cloud Vision is an API that can detect text in images. It allows you to convert PDF, PNG, JPEG, etc. file format to machine-readable text.
- You can use this application on a computer, Android phone, iPhone, iPad, and more.
- It can detect handwriting in images.
- This tool can extract and save text from uploaded images.
- It triggers cloud function in order to save text to online storage.
- Google Cloud automatically detects image files located in the cloud.
OneNote is an optical character recognition product that enables you to copy text from a printout or picture. This software helps you to make changes in the file.
- You can turn information written in the image into the text by just one click.
- It enables you to extract text from printout.
- OneNote helps you to extract text from a business card.
- You can paste copied text using the keyword shortcut.
19) Soda PDF
Soda PDF transforms paper documents and images into editable PDF files. It recognizes the text from more than one document simultaneously.
- Soda PDF helps you to change font type, style, and size.
- It stores files on the server for 24 hours.
- You can use this app online and offline.
- PDF files having images can be easily converted into plain text.
- It encrypts the URL between the server and the browser.
Chronoscan is a document processing and data extraction application. It is flexible and easy to use. This tool can scan documents in less time.
- It enables you to scan a large volume of documents.
- You can effortlessly filter out text from PDF files.
- Chronoscan enables you to upload documents to the cloud.
- You can export documents to ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software.
- It helps you to reduce data entry work.
- This software helps you to quickly organize your document.
Readiris is a simple software package that automatically transforms text from paper documents or images. It helps you to make changes in the file without retyping it.
- It supports numerous output formats.
- Readiris can listen to your books with a format specified by you.
- Compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Chronoscan helps you to edit the embedded text in an image.
- You can export files to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
22) Amazon Textract
Amazon Textract is a service that helps you to extract text from scanned documents. You can use it to automate document workflow, process numerous documents quickly.
- It identifies content written in form or table.
- This tool uses API to get data from documents.
- It automatically extracts data from forms.
- Textract can read virtually any documents.
- Automatically identifies key information.
- You can adjust document quality in percentage.
- It is integrated with Amazon Augmented AI service for document processing.
23) Evernote Scannable
Evernote Scannable is a mobile app that helps you to capture paper and transform it into ready to save files. It enables you to share the file with other people.
- You can scan receipts, business cards, contracts, etc.
- It automatically rotates, crops, and adjust images.
- Evernote enables you to export documents as JPG and PDF files.
- You can effortlessly extract contact details from business cards.
- This app can be used on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
- Preview images before approving them.
- It enables you to send the converted file via email or text message.
Infrrd is an OCR solution. It enables you to convert documents into easy to read files. This app can filter out text from contracts, financial, and medical documents.
- Infrrd app can recognize titles and text quickly.
- It enables you to filter text from Infrrd using machine learning.
- You can integrate with your existing CRM (Customer Relationship Management).
- This tool uses AI (Artificial Intelligence) technology to extract data from the invoice.
- You can classify documents according to category.
- It provides OCR solution for all document formats.
❓ What is OCR?
OCR stands for Optical character reader/recognition. It is the electronic conversion of images to printed text.
🚀 Which are the Best OCR Software?
Below are some of the Best OCR Software:
- Adobe Acrobat
- OmniPage Ultimate
- ABBYY Cloud Reader
- Cisdem pdf converter