SharePoint is a web-based collaborative software developed by Microsoft Corporation. This Software helps you to store, manage, share, and access important information from any device. However, SharePoint has some limitations, like complicated setup and maintenance. It also has poor search capability.
Here is a list of Collaboration tools which are Top SharePoint Alternatives & competitors. This SharePoint alternatives list comprises both Commercial(Paid) and Open-source(Free) tools with their popular features, pros, cons, and website links:
Best Alternatives to SharePoint [Open Source/ Paid]
|Name||Monday.com||ClickUp||Smartsheet||Google Workspace||Zoho Workplace|
|Features||✔️ Manage everything in one workspace
✔️ Set up in minutes
|✔️ One app to replace them all.
✔️ All your work in one place: Tasks, docs, chat, goals, & more.
|✔️ Helps you to simplify budget and planning.
✔️ It offers powerful analytics and reporting.
|✔️ You can use shared calendars to check when other people are available and arrange meetings with email invites.||✔️ Zoho Workplace allows you to take your office suite wherever you go.
✔️ It offers 20+ themes and more than 100 fonts.
|Price||Free Forever Plan||Free Forever Plan||Free Forever Plan||Starting from $6.99/mo.||Free|
|Link||Visit website||Visit website||Visit website||Visit website||Visit website|
Monday.com is a SharePoint competitor tool that offers a clean interface and color-coded features. This easy-to-use collaboration tool is suitable for small, medium, and big-size teams. It also offers a user-friendly mobile app and highly customizable workflows.
- It allows you to collaborate with other people.
- It can automate your daily work.
- Provides integration with Mailchimp, Google Calendar, Gmail, and more.
- This SharePoint alternative allows you to track your work progress.
- It enables you to work remotely.
- Helps you to bring your team together, anywhere, and anytime.
- It provides a map view for location-based collaboration projects.
- Allows your team to create stunning text documents.
- It offers highly customizable workflows.
- It provides a map view for location-based projects.
- Adding an additional number of users costs you extra money.
- The subtask addition process can be difficult.
Pricing: Four Pricing plans: 1) Individual – $0 per month, 2) Standard – $10 per month, 3) Pro – $16 per month, 4) Enterprise – Ask for a quote.
Why should you choose Monday.com?
Monday is one of the most customizable and user-friendly tools available. It’s the best choice if you are looking for flexible task management and a team collaboration tool that fits different teams in any organization. And to add, it has an amazing mobile app that works well for remote teams.
ClickUp is software that enables you to manage your task, docs, chat, goal, and more with ease. This application allows you to assign and resolve comments to tasks. It helps you to set priorities of the work with no hassle.
- It allows you to filter and search for the desired task with ease.
- Enables you to assign multiple tasks with just one mouse click.
- You can sync with Google Calendar.
- Helps you to collaborate with other people.
- ClickUp enables you to sort tasks by project.
- It offers a freemium plan for basic services.
- Provides a customer-centric approach.
- Offers a highly efficient dashboard view.
- Good customer support.
- Reporting features are not so great.
- Not an ideal project management tool for individuals.
Pricing: Two pricing plans: 1) Free plan, 2) Unlimited plan for $5 per month.
Why should you choose Clickup?
Clickup is the most versatile tool on the market with a free forever plan. It has an excellent user interface with a powerful core in which you can easily integrate other tools. For instance, integrating Spreadsheet, Email, Events, Chat, and more, all in one app!
Smartsheet is a SharePoint Alternatives software that is widely used for project management. It offers exceptional business process management. It also allows you to align and execute a better, faster, and cost-effective process.
- Smartsheet allows automating actions using simple rules.
- It helps you integrate with the enterprise tools and apps you are already using.
- It helps to simplify budget and planning.
- It offers administrator controls that help users to manage and audit access, ownership, and usage.
Google Workspace is a collection of cloud-based, collaboration, and productivity site developed by Google. This tool provides file management through mobile in order to keep your data safe in case the device is lost. Google Workspace offered a 14-day free trial.
- You can use shared calendars to check when other people are available and arrange meetings with email invites.
- It enables you to work on spreadsheets, doc files, and slides from any devices, with or without using the internet.
- This alternatives to sharepoint tool can keep all your work in one place with secure access from your phone, tablet, or computer.
- It protects your organization’s data with security options such as single sign-on and 2 step verification process.
Zoho Workplace is a suite of productivity apps. This app offers tools for file management, word process, presentation, online training, and meeting.
- Zoho Workplace allows you to take your office suite wherever you go.
- The tool has a clutter-free design that helps you to highlight your stories.
- It offers 20+ themes and more than 100 fonts.
- Helps you to connect effortlessly with colleagues using the business communication tools
- Choose a pre-defined layout to insert a chart from the template.
Teamwork is an easy-to-use, task management system. It is a tool that allows companies to maximize their project management processes. This tool also helps you to avoid unnecessary meetings and get things done quickly.
- Allows integration with Gmail, Dropbox, and cloud drive of Hotmail.
- It helps you to turn your goal into a small achievable task.
- You can automate your workflow and visual project tasks.
- Teamwork allows you to track the progress of your team.
ONLYOFFICE is a tool developed by IT experts from Ascensio System SIA. It offers you the most secure way to create, make changes, and collaborate on your business documents online.
- All in one suite that is integrated with collaboration platforms like Projects, CRM, calendar, and mail, and much more.
- You can connect ONLYOFFICE online editors to the business application you already use like Nextcloud, SharePoint, Confluence, OwnCloud, Alfresco.
- You can integrate this tool with Software as a service (SaaS) or on-premise solution.
Samepage is all in one alternatives to sharepoint tool that combines chat, video conferencing, task management, file sharing, real-time document collaboration, and screen sharing in a collaborative workspace.
- You can create your organization by sign up easily, quickly, and free.
- Create teams to organize people, projects, files, events, etc.
- It allows you to send the invitation to coworkers quickly.
- You can work with built-in applications like tasks, file sharing, real-time page co-editing, and text & video chat.
Jostle is a cloud-based intranet solution which improves employee engagement as well as internal communications. It boosts communication and gets your work done across locations.
- This tool helps you to find and share valuable information.
- Helps you to bring company’s value, purpose, and character to life
- Jostle allows you to connect and collaborate with your people.
Podio is a tool build for organizations’ collaborating environment. It provides streamlined work that boosts your business forward.
- It allows you to share files you are working on.
- With Podio app, you can coordinate with your team no matter where you are.
- You can breakdown the workflow into manageable pieces.
- Using Podio API, customer can integrate new apps.
- It provides add-ons which are built for specific use cases.
Confluence is an open-source tool that helps your team to do their work together. You can connect people and ideas to complete your work.
- You can create better-looking pages by using any handy template
- It allows your teammates to edit page, give feedback via page comments.
- Page labels for organization
- Offers real-time notifications
- It has search filters that ensure that your content is always easy to find.
- Track, and manage your projects in Jira tool and note all your requirements in Confluence.
Box is an online tool that creates an environment where you can work collaboratively and manage your content and workflow.
- Box provides you a platform to boost your business processes and increase the productivity of the employee.
- It protects your important content with advanced encryption key management, security controls, and complete information governance.
- This tool offers collaboration, automated workflow, and machine learning integrations to work efficiently.
- Box has automated workflow, machine learning integrations, and collaboration on a single content platform.
- It is integrated with Office 365, Google Workspace, Salesforce, and more than 1400 tools.
Huddle is a document collaboration tool that helps your team to work together to share, discuss, and work on content. This sharepoint competitor tool saves your time in organizing documents and tasks, searching through email, etc.
- You can collaborate with partners and clients securely.
- Quickly assign tasks, set approvals against your documents, and track progress without any hassle.
- It integrates perfectly with Microsoft Office and Google.
- You can customize Huddle for ‘on-brand experience while working on a project or collaborating with clients.
- The tool allows you to upload file more than 10GB.
- Drag and drop any file in your Huddle workplace.
HyperOffice is a team collaboration application. It helps you to spur teamwork, automate processes, and improve the way of communication between teams and customers.
- You can quickly create intranet or extranet spaces for your company.
- It allows you to securely share & collaborate on files and documents with the people you like.
- You can customize the portal for your company and customer.
- It helps you to manage your project effectively by scheduling tasks, assigning roles, and data visualization through Gantt charts.
- It automates workflows and processes with web forms and database apps.
- Organization team can communicate via video, audio & chat from any mobile device or web browser.
Slack is the collaboration tool that helps you to make your work life productive and straightforward. It provides 1,500+ apps and a robust API for the teamwork.
- Allows you to decide channels by team, project, and client for your organization.
- It enables you to share channels with clients, vendors, and partners to bring them into the same room.
- The tool provides voice call and video calls directly from Slack.
- Allows you to drag and drop images, videos, PDFs, and related files directly into Slack.
- You can create an archive of your work progress.
Alfresco is an open-source application which offers a good way for people to work by making sure that they get the right information when they need it.
- You can extend and integrate many applications.
- It provides open APIs or open standards to achieve business agility.
- The tool offers flexible deployment that you can choose on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- It offers content services with fully featured ECM.
- Alfresco search and insight Engine gives you integrated analytics solution that helps clients to make a better decision.
SweetProcess is a tool that allows you to document repetitive tasks and save you precious time so that you can grow your team and business.
- It allows you to capture data with forms.
- You can comment on any documents.
- Single Sign-On (SSO)
- The tool provides Integration with more than 1000 apps via Zapier.
- Two-Factor authentication
- Export word, Excel, and PDF documents to the cloud.
- You can assign the task to employees and track them.
Nuxeo makes your content available to your entire company by ensuring safety. It does not interrupt your existing work processes. You can empower employees by providing access to the content they want.
- Manage all your files, documents, and rich content in place with the industry’s most advanced metadata tools.
- Speed up your entire business supply chain, from asset creation to distribution.
- Nuxeo enables organizations to streamline their content-intensive business processes and make a better customer experience.
- It offers a modern and flexible content services platform.
- It allows you to configure complex application fast and easily.
- The tool provides a 10x performance benefit over DAM technologies and legacy ECM.
Redbooth helps the team to manage their tasks and communication, so projects get completed quickly and easily. You can use this tool to stay on track with current projects and start new ones quickly with any built-in templates.
- With Redbooth, your team can organize everything from small tasks to large projects from your desktop or on the go.
- With the intuitive design of this tool, projects are easy to track and plan on customizable boards.
- You can sort, organize, and tag your tasks for better task management.
- You can track your projects with Gantt charts
- It enables you to connect quickly with your team with HD meetings powered by Zoom.
- You can check task status, time spent, and progress planning across users and workspaces with Redbooth’s overviews, reports, and calendar.
❓ What is SharePoint used for?
Sharepoint is widely used for creating websites. Microsoft Sharepoint is used for file sharing, organize, and access the information from any device. Microsoft Sharepoint gives the modern search experience, Libraries, Lists, etc.
💻 Which are the Best SharePoint Alternatives?
Following are some of the best alternatives to Microsoft SharePoint:
🏅 Which factors should you consider while selecting a BEST Sharepoint Alternatives?
You should consider the following factors before selecting a sharepoint competitors
- License Cost if applicable
- Quality of Customer support
- The cost involved in training employees on the tool
- Reviews of the company