Adobe Acrobat DC is a software that helps you to create, secure, and distribute PDF files. It also allows you to change content or images in PDF files. However, the biggest drawback of the adobe acrobat is the cost.
Following is a handpicked list of the Top Adobe Acrobat Pro alternatives, with popular features and latest download links. This list includes commercial(paid) as well as open-source (free) software.
Best Alternatives to Adobe Acrobat (PDF Viewer, Editor & Creator)
|Icecream Apps PDF Editor||
|Ashampoo PDF Pro||
|ABBYY FineReader/FineReader Pro||
Icecream Apps PDF-Editor is an intuitive software that enables you to create and make changes in the PDF file. This application helps you to edit, manage pages, annotate, and more.
- Combine PDF pages.
- It allows you to move, rotate, and resize objects.
- This application allows you to set a password to protect PDF files.
- Offers built-in forms in PDF documents.
- Add notes in the PDF.
- You can search through the document before making changes in it.
Wondershare is a software tool which makes creating, editing, converting, and signing PDF files easy. It runs on both Windows and Mac operating system. There are three plans: 1) Individual 2) Team and 3) Education.
- You can control your PDF file with no hassle.
- This software provides a simple way to distribute forms and combine them for analysis.
- Protect your file from unintended access.
- Collaborate your team efficiently using a comment feature.
- Express yourself verbally and visually word processor so that you can easily edit PDFs.
3) Nitro Pro
Nitro Pro is a replacement for Adobe PDF Editor. This software allows the business team to work in a better way with various documents and each other. This software comes with OCR engine for scanning paper documents. It makes working with digital documents stress-free.
- Helps you to convert PDF to Excel and PowerPoint faster.
- Quickly share documents securely via the cloud.
- Access and share file quicker with your colleagues.
- It is an excellent alternative to printed documents.
- Multitasking feature allows you to modify PDF files easily
- Provides a simple way to verify digital signatures.
Ashampoo PDF Pro is an editor to make changes in PDF files. It enables you to manage your documents with ease. The application can create the exact size of the document that you can read on any device. This tool can also be used to merge two PDFs.
- You can design and edit forms.
- Compare PDFs side by side.
- You can split the document with ease.
- It enables you to take screenshots.
- The tool has simplified text formatting dialog.
- Ashampoo offers settings for line and paragraph.
ABBYY FineReader is an OCR and PDF software. It is easy to use PDF tool to increase business productivity with documents. You can access and make changes in the content locked in pdf files and paper-based documents.
- Create, edit, comment, and annotate PDF files.
- Use the latest OCR technology to scan and convert paper documents to Word, Excel, or PDF.
- It is a faster way to identify changes between various versions of the documents.
- Hot folder helps you to streamline document conversion.
6) FileStar PDF
FileStar PDF is an application that allows you to boost desktop productivity by working with PDf files. It is a secure document management application which is used for increasing your business productivity. Personal version is available for free. Professionals version is a paid version.
- It supports more than 20,000 different file conversions.
- Quickly Split, merge, or remove pages from PDF file.
- Resizing, compressing, and the rotating image is easy.
- Helps you to automate common tasks.
7) Soda PDF
Soda PDF is a strong Adobe competitor. You can use this software at your home, and on the go. It supports PDF version 2.0. It is a fully functional online PDF editor. Use such editor to annotate your documents. Two available versions are 1) Home and 2) Premium. You can choose the editor plan either monthly or yearly.
- Create professional PDF from many various file formats.
- Efficiently make changes in your documents.
- It makes document revision process easy.
- Send and track various contracts for e-sign.
Smilesoftware’s PDFpen is a powerful way to add text, signature, and images in PDFs. It runs on Mac operating system, iPad, and iPhone. This tool offers an effective way to make changes and correct typos mistakes. You can edit PDF files whenever you are. Trial version is of this editor is free.
- Draw, scribble, highlight, and correct content.
- Convert OCR text images to an editable format
- Easy to erase OCR text.
- Print comments and notes.
- Validate digital signatures.
- Save frequently uses text and images in the library.
9) Flip PDF
You can use Flip PDF to convert PDF brochures, magazines, or catalogs into the most Interactive ebooks which can be viewed and shared on the web and mobile. The software provides batch PDF file conversion into Flash and HTML. This software works on iPad, iPhone, and Android phone.
- Create flipping ebooks quickly.
- Publish ebook with links, video, and audio.
- Numerous pre-design templates and backgrounds.
- It allows you to upload ebooks online and can be embedded into any website.
- It provides an impressive way to engage the reader.
PDFexpert is a robust PDF editor. You can use this software to read, comment, edit PDF files, change images, and text. This software available free of charge and can be used on Mac, iPhone, and iPad. The PDF editor allows a user to view, annotate, edit PDFs, and change images.
- It provides smooth scrolling and faster way to search for any layout.
- With the advance setting feature, you can you will have an amazing reading experience.
- Use Apple pencil to add annotate or notes.
- It uses search indexing to find required things very quickly.
- Automatically detects font size and opacity of written text so that you can edit document easily.
- It has a crop tool to crop pages.
11) Kofax Power PDF
Kofax Power PDF is a tool designed for individual users to create, edit, and share PDF documents. With this solution, you can work efficiently, seamlessly, and securely across any device and operating system. It allows you to collaborate with team members by using excellent commenting and markup tools.
- Create and compile PDFs from any file type.
- This Adobe Acrobat alternative free tool helps to deliver your documents accurately.
- You can work across many platforms and devices.
- You can take security precautions easily with advanced features.
- Simplified deployment and licensing process
It is a software tool to convert, create, and edit PDF files. This software converts PDF file to Word, PowerPoint, Excel, AutoCAD, Images, and Publisher. This PDF editor tool is a cross-platform editor for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- This software allows you to customize conversation by selecting the desired page, paragraph, or line.
- A large volume of PDF documents can be automated easily using this software.
- Allows you to convert PDF files to many open-source formats like Writer (ODT), Impress (ODP), and Calc (ODS).
13) Foxit PhantomPDF
Foxit PhantomPDF is a PDF editor to generate and manage PDF document. It is one of the best Adobe Acrobat alternative that offers an efficient way to create and manage documents after you publish them. Three available versions of this editor are 1) Standard 9, 2) Business 9, and 3) Mac.
- Easy to create and edit fillable forms and documents.
- It allows adding headers, footers, and export PDF documents.
- Easy to collaborate with the team.
- It helps you to protect your content in a better way.
- It offers ECMs and cloud storage facility to share your documents.
Download link: https://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf-editor/
14) Sejda PDF Editor
Sejda PDF Editor is a free online PDF tool. It also provides direct links to open PDF documents with the editor. You can also use this editor to fill and sign PDF. The editor is alternative to other PDF creating and editing software such as Adobe acrobat. Use this alternative to Adobe Acrobat software to compress PDF files.
- Files are automatically deleted after 2 hours.
- Documents will stay private.
- It is an online tool, so you do n’t require any installation.
- Easy to make changes in a file online.
PDFescape is an online PDF editor tool. It is also available for windows. This software is an excellent alternative to Adobe Acrobat. Using an online editor, you can create and edit PDF files anytime, anywhere. Two versions of this tool are 1) online and 2) premium. Available with more options to work with PDFs.
Features of PDFescape:
- Edit PDF files without any hassle.
- It is very easy to annotate PDF Documents.
- An excellent way to create PDF forms.
- Share and view PDF files online.
Download link: https://www.pdfescape.com/windows/
16) Gaaiho PDF Suite 5
Gaaiho PDF Suite 5 allows you to accelerate document workflow. Doc is not a PDF editor but also word processor. With this software, you can also convert PFT files to other formats in batch. PDF suite includes two useful applications 1) Doc and 2) converter.
- Convert any Word, Excel, or PowerPoint files to PDF.
- It provides Handwritten signature to secure PDF document.
- It allows the user to manage and distribute PDF file to others.
- Merge files into one PDF file.
- Create basic forms in PDF.
17) PDF Architect 7
PDF Architect 7 makes editing of PDF document very easy. This version makes a complex task quicker and easier. It offers improved usability for editable as well as text fields. Combo boxes and text fields have many formatting options for currency symbol, zip code, date, and time.
- With this tool, you can easily create PDF file from documents which contains important information.
- Using “use a PDF document” feature, you can make sure that your file will look the same and compatible with any PDF program.
- This tool allows you to modify content directly within PDF file.
- You can merge multiple files and make one PDF file.
- Organize PDF file by inserting a page element.
Download link: https://www.pdfforge.org/pdfarchitect
Dochub is an online free tool to edit, send, and sign PDF file. You can use this online tool to simplify document workflow. The editor can also be used to annotate and sign PDF document digitally. It is one of the best alternatives to Adobe Acrobat Pro that can be integrated with Gmail, Dropbox, and Google Drive.
- You will get PDF file signed with Sign Requests, DocHub, and eSignatures.
- Insert images, make a comment, and create fields.
- It is a faster and easy way to create various templates and forms.
- You can open a file directly from your Gmail, drive, or dropbox.
- It allows OAuth 2.0 authentication and 256-bit SSL encryption for security.
Download link: https://dochub.com/
Formswift is a simple online tool to create and edit PDF documents. This free tool allows you to browse documents by category. Cloud base service enables business and individuals to customize, sign, and download well-known business personal and business forms.
- Helps you to personalize legal forms.
- Managing deed contracts, property purchase agreements, mortgage transfers, leasing options using real estate forms.
- It offers a complete suite of tax forms for a range of businesses.
- You can upload and edit PDF documents with just one click.
Download link: https://formswift.com/
SmallPDF is an online PDF tool. It is all in one software tools to compress, edit, convert, split, and merge PDFs online. Users can use it to convert Gmail attachment into various files to and from PDF. The trial version of this tool is available for seven days.
- Compress PDF with no problem.
- Convert Excel, Word, and PowerPoint files to PDF.
- This Adobe Acrobat pro alternative has a simple way to remove multiple pages.
- Split one PDF file to multiple files.
- Remove encryption, permission, and password from your PDF document.
- Protect PDF document using password and encryption.
Download link: https://smallpdf.com/
Using Xodo, you can make changes, annotate, sign, and share PDF file on computer, web, and mobile. This software makes working with PDF file easy. Intuitive design of this software allows you to focus on the content. It is designed for highlighting text written in the documents.
- You can sign documents quickly on the fly.
- This software allows you to complete forms on the go from your tablet or smartphone.
- Easy to annotate PDFs.
- Collaborate with others in real time.
- You can work with PDFs on your Google Drive, Dropbox and with Xodo.
Download link: https://www.xodo.com/
IlovePDF is free and easy to use tool to work with PDFs. It is one of the best free Adobe Acrobat alternatives which allows you to split, merge, convert, watermark, and compress, PDF files easily. This Adobe Acrobat DC alternative app offers you to manage PDF document, in bulk or alone, over the web.
- Combine, and merge PDF in the way you want.
- Reduce PDF file size to improve PDF quality.
- Convert PDF to JPG or vice versa in seconds.
- Add page number in your PDF.
- Add watermark in any PDF file.
- Delete and add pages to PDF at your convenience.
Download link: https://www.ilovepdf.com/
23) PDF Pro
PDF Pro software allows you to create, edit, and convert 3 PDF Files per month. It does not require signup. The editor is developed for macOS and OS X operating system, which makes PDF customization very easy.
- Easy to review and edit PDF files.
- Create and convert PDFs into Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Allows you to access your files from anywhere.
- It uses HTTPS to upload your documents securely.
Download link: https://www.pdfpro.co
NovaPDF allows you to create industry-standard PDF files easily. Just open your file and click on Print and select novaPDF to generate PDF. It is a simple and quick way to generate PDFs. It includes features for beginner and advanced user.
- Convert any documents to PDF.
- Easy to use add-ins for Microsoft Office.
- 256-bit AES encryption to secure your PDFs.
- Effectively manage the license for the printer driver.
- Insert the text or paragraphs of a PDF file in another PDF file to create one PDF document.
Download link: https://www.novapdf.com/
PDFfiller saves your editing PDF files online. It is a software developed by Software as a Service (SaaS) company. You can edit PDF files from any devices. It is free. There are two separate versions of this software:
1) Businesses and 2) Developers.
- You can use this PDF editor in iPhone, iPad Touch, and iPad.
- Streamline document signature.
- Collaborate with your teammates and signature workflows easily.
- It is used with Gmail, Dropbox, Google Drive, and salesforce.
- This Adobe PDF alternative provides data protection using US federal and EU compliance standards.
Download link: https://www.pdffiller.com/
PDFDocs is a document management software for businesses. Such software integrates with your existing application or system. An editor is a perfect choice for the people who like to create complex PDFs in less time. Three versions available for this software are 1) Standard, 2) Professional, and 3) Enterprise.
- Combine multiple documents from other places.
- Boost your business productivity using integrated PDF facility.
- Edit any PDF document swiftly and efficiently.
- Streamline your document workflow.
Download link: https://www.docscorp.com/products/pdfdocs/pdf-management/
27) ByteScout PDF SDK
Bytescout PDF SDK offers PDF API to create, modify pdf files with text and images. This SDK is used to create or edit PDF documents in languages like VB.NET and C#. It converts HTML, DocX, and SVG file to PDF.
- Supports watermarking, multimedia, and e-signatures.
- Provides PDF API to create and edit PDFs.
- Easy to work with bookmarks and annotations.
- Works with file attachment extensively.
- It can create and convert SVG files to PDF.
- The tool provides video and media support.
Download link: https://bytescout.com/products/developer/pdfsdk/index.html
PDFTables convert PDF tables to excel file. It Converts PDF to CSV, Excel, HTML or XML online. The cloud platform allows you to convert any document without using any other software. It uses an algorithm which checks the PDF structure and effectively converts tables to various files.
- The fast and efficient way to convert PDF to XLSX.
- Transactions are encrypted with the latest technology used by banks.
- Use it on the go.
Download link: https://pdftables.com/
29) PDF Buddy
PDF Budy is a to edit and sign PDF documents online. You do not require to download any software. Other tools are also available to merge and split PDF documents. You can store files, images, and signature for reuse.
- Easy to add signatures and fill out forms.
- This tool works on desktop, Chromebook, or Mac.
- It uses SSL to ensure PDF file protection.
- The free version allows you to edit up to 3 PDF file each month.
- Premium version is also available.
Download link: https://www.pdfbuddy.com/
Tracker-software provides PDF-Xchange Editor is a feature-rich PDF editor or viewer. Use this tool to create, view, make changes, and digitally sign PDF documents. Three other software are 1) PDF-XChange Lite, 2) PDF-XChange Editor, and 3) PDF-XChange Editor Plus.
- Quick launch feature to launch command in PDF-Xchange.
- Paste copied text as a pain text.
- It has Overtype feature to edit text quickly.
- Allows you to update OCR languages and spell-check.
- Easy to convert CSV to PDF table.
- It provides transformation of selected text using the arrange tab.
Download link: https://www.tracker-software.com/product/pdf-xchange-editor
❓ What is Adobe Acrobat?
Adobe Acrobat DC is software that helps you to create, view, manipulate, manage, and distribute files in PDF (Portable Document Format) format. It allows you to change content or images in PDF files. It also helps you to stay connected with your team with simple workflows across different devices.
❗ Why look for an Adobe Acrobat alternative?
The main drawback with Adobe Acrobat is the cost and lack of some features. On the other hand, some good Adobe Acrobat alternative tools offer similar or more benefits for free or less cost. These alternative tools offer users multiple functionalities and features for PDF files with lesser cost compared to Adobe Acrobat.
✅ Which factors to consider while choosing a PDF Viewer, Editor & Creator Software?
You should consider the following factors while choosing a PDF viewer, editor, or creator software:
- Functionalities and features offered
- Easy to use
- Ability to create, edit, print, and share PDF files
- Pre-design templates and backgrounds offered for easy document creation
- Scanning and OCR (Optical Character Recognition) features
- Support for multiple platforms
- Security features
- Customer support
- Multitasking features
- Collaboration features
- File conversion features
💻 Which are the Best Adobe Acrobat alternatives?
Here are some of the best Adobe Acrobat alternatives:
- Nitro Pro
- Ashampoo PDF Pro
- Soda PDF
- ISkySoft PDF Editor
- Sejda PDF Editor
Best Adobe Acrobat Alternative (Pro/DC)
|Icecream Apps PDF Editor||
|Ashampoo PDF Pro||
|ABBYY FineReader/FineReader Pro||