20 Best FREE Flowchart Software | Flowchart Maker (2021)
A flowchart is a diagram that shows the steps in a process. Flowcharts are often used for training, documenting, and planning. There are numerous ready to use tools available for you to create various types of flowcharts according to the need of your business.
Following is a curated list of Top Flowchart Software, with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source(free) and commercial(paid) software.
Top Flowchart Software (Open Source/Paid)
|Terrastruct||Free + Paid Plan||Learn More|
|Edraw Max||Paid Plan||Learn More|
|Canva||Free + Paid Plan||Learn More|
|PicMonkey||Free Trial + Paid Plan||Learn More|
Terrastruct is uniquely developed software to create visual documentation of your software designs. This tool helps you to split your diagram into multiple layers.
- It offers you the power to define scenarios.
- Provide custom tooling to better visualize the components that come up often in software.
- Let us create steps for each scenario, so you can tell your story piece by piece, clean and simple.
- Collaborate live with your teammates.
2) Edraw Max
Edraw Max is a flowchart builder software that helps you to make diagrams using ready-made symbols and templates. It allows you to import your drawings to file formats such as PDF, PPT, Word, HTML, etc.
- You can create a flowchart, mind map, electrical diagrams, network diagrams, etc.
- It provides a user-friendly interface similar to MS Word.
- Edraw Max helps you to share designs anytime, anywhere.
- This tool provides 280+ latest flowchart and diagram solutions.
Moqups is online tool that enables you to make flowchart, and UML diagrams with minimal effort. It allows you to drag and drop shapes to visualize any flow.
- You can collaborate easily with other people.
- Export diagram to PDF or PNG.
- Easy to share your project link with stakeholders.
- Includes numerous shapes and drawing arrows.
- You can resize, rotate, and move shapes.
- Offers readymade customizable templates.
- Guru99 users get 20% off with coupon "GURU20"
Canva is a tool that helps you to make flow charts from readymade professional templates. It enables you to adjust the color and fonts of a graph with no hassle.
- It provides more than 20 professional graphs.
- This application offer enables you to embed flowcharts in reports and presentations.
- You can drag and drop the symbol with a mouse click.
- Canva allows you to publish and download high-resolution graphs.
- You can collaborate with other people while making a flowchart.
PicMonkey is a tool that enables you to quickly make a flowchart. It offers numerous templates that help you to customize your design. This tool offers numerous symbols for making a flowchart.
- You can adjust the size and color of your graphics.
- This application enables you to add text to your design.
- It allows you to export from the editor.
- Provides intuitive user interface.
Lucidchart is a flowchart software that helps you to start diagramming. It is one of the best Flowchart software that allows you to create a simple flowchart to complex technical diagrams.
- Works with your team on any device across various platforms
- It allows you to connect live data with your flowchart or import data to build organization charts automatically.
- This org chart software helps you to increase security and easily manage user accounts
- It can be integrated seamlessly with MS Office, G Suite, and more.
- Lucidchart follows GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) for data security.
Draw.io is an open-source platform where you can efficiently create and share diagrams. You can use this tool to create flowcharts, network diagrams, and UML diagrams.
- It is one of the best Flow chart creator that has a library containing numerous shapes.
- Users are able to create and edit a variety of diagrams, including flowcharts, process diagrams, ER diagrams, UML, etc.
- This org chart software provides a wide range of templates.
- It does not store data on the server for security concerns.
- You can use this software online and offline to draw various types of flowcharts.
MyDraw is flowchart app for Windows and Mac OS X. It allows you to create flowcharts, mind maps, tree diagrams, etc.
- You don't need the internet to work with this tool.
- It provides shapes to cover various diagrammatic scenarios.
- This tool offers more than a hundred templates.
- You can export your work to various file formats like PDF, PNG, BMP, etc.
- It supports many languages, including English, German, Chinese, Russian, etc.
- MyDraw also helps you to arrange the graph with ease.
Visme is a tool that helps you to share powerful visual stories in the form of infographics, flowcharts, graphs, and other visual content.
- It provides more than 100 assets like fonts, quality icons, and images.
- The tool allows you to record voice with your flowcharts.
- You can publish your flow charts and graphs online or download them for offline use.
Gliffy is a free web app for drawing diagrams. It is one of the best free Flowchart software that helps you to make flowcharts, all types of graphs, and more.
- This free Flowchart software helps you to create flowcharts, which makes complicated procedures easy to follow.
- Add flowcharts directly to Jira tickets and Confluence docs.
- Fast and effective integration with Jira and Confluence tools.
- Easily create high-quality graphics with Gliffy's flowchart maker.
- Share your flowchart with other users
SmartDraw is a tool for making and organizing flowcharts, mind maps, project charts, and other business visuals. It is one of the best Flow chart creator which is used by organizations and companies into document processes, manage plan strategies as well as projects.
- Using built-in extensions, you can create flowcharts for your program instantly
- SmartDraw is easier to use than the standard drawing tools included in G Suite and Microsoft Office.
- It has thousands of templates and symbols to choose from.
- You can connect SmartDraw with REST (Representational state transfer) API.
- The software lets you create flowchart and schematic diagrams.
- It can be run on any tablet or computer.
12) Visual Paradigm
Visual Paradigm is a software design tool that is tailored for engine software projects. This flowchart building software helps the development team to model business information systems and development processes.
- Offers screen flow with Wireflow flowchart, prototyping tool, and storyboard.
- It offers a complete tool like for process analysis, system design, database design, etc.
- Allows editing & sharing of web-based diagrams like flowchart, cloud architecture, charts, infographics, and more.
- Offers user story feature to capture and maintain user's needs.
13) yEd Graph Editor
Yed is an useful flowchart software that allows you to generate high-quality diagrams. You can use this tool to make diagrams manually or by exporting external data.
- It has a layout that allows you to arrange large data sets with a single mouse click.
- It is available for platforms like Windows, Linux, macOS, etc.
- You can import data from an Excel spreadsheet.
- Yed Graph Editor enables you to create flowcharts using easy to use UI.
- It is one of the Flowchart tools free to use which automatically arranges elements of your flowchart.
- You can save flow charts in PNG, PDF, SWF, SVG, etc. file formats.
- It offers wide variety of layouts to visualize your drawings.
Grapholite is easy to use, inexpensive chart, graph, and flowchart builder that can be used for all types of business graphics.
- It helps you to create flowcharts, floor plans, UML diagrams, organizational charts, mind maps, etc.
- Allows you to crate algorithm and flowcharts with a couple of clicks
- Ability to work in online and offline modes
- You can export to the most commonly used picture and document format
Pencil tool is a free and open-source GUI prototyping tool that helps you to install and use mock-ups in various desktop platforms.
- Pencil tool offers various built-in shapes collection for drawing different types of user interface
- This Flowchart software free offers a wide range of built-in Shape Collections
- It allows you to output the drawing document into different types of formats.
- It helps you to find clipart for your project.
- Elements like flowchart and graph can be linked to a specific page in the same document.
PlantUML is an open-source software allowing users to create UML diagrams using a plain text language.
- It allows you to define interfaces, members, relationships, packages, generics, notes.
- It helps you to draw flowcharts, ArchiMate diagram, Ditaa diagram, Gantt diagram, etc.
- It helps you to create style and colour according to your business needs.
17) Software Ideas Modeler
Software Ideas Modeler is a designing tool for drawing flowchart, UML, SysML, flowcharts, etc. It is one of the best Flowchart software that allows you to create user stories and provide wireframe support.
- Offers easy Diagramming and Layout.
- Software Ideas Modeler tool offers you a lot of predefined styles, which makes your flowcharts more attractive.
- This documented software offers better maintainability.
Dia is an open-source diagramming tool. It helps you to draw network maps, flowcharts, UML diagrams, etc. This tool allows you to export a diagram to SVG, PNG, and more file formats.
- This tool provides rules to create an accurate flowchart and diagram.
- It allows you to change the canvas (the area used to draw graphics) color.
- You can run Dia from the USB stick.
- It allows you to add new shapes for drawing that can be easily downloaded from Dia.
Whimsical is software that allows you to create various types of business modelling designs like flowcharts, wireframes, sticky notes, Mind Maps, etc.
- This Flowchart maker software helps you to create flowcharts with ready-made templates
- Communicate visually with speed.
- Spend time on your ideas, not styling.
20) Microsoft Visio
Microsoft Visio is a famous chart and visualization software. It belongs to the office family so it can easily be integrated with other Microsoft office products.
- Visio helps you to create a professional diagram by creating flowcharts, organization charts, engineering designs, and more.
- It allows you to connect flowcharts and process flow diagrams to real-time data.
- It allows you to work together on diagrams from a web browser, from almost anywhere.
Code2flow is a graphic design creator which helps you to transform your ideas and workflows into an easy to understand diagram.
- Develop flowcharts without the endless frustration of manual chart editing
- Help developers and product people to understand each other better
- With code2flow, you can easily download and embed flowcharts into MS word or Google Docs, etc.
❓ What is Flowchart Software?
A Flowchart Software is an application program that allows you to create charts, graphs, and flowcharts and provides various functionalities to create flowcharts with ease. It also allows users to create graphs and charts with just drag and drop the shapes using an editor. Flowchart software also provides team collaboration for flowcharts.
❗ Why are Flowcharts useful?
Flowcharts help to design and document simple as well as complex processes and programs. It also helps to visualize the flow and control of different organizational units in order to understand the flaws and bottlenecks in the program or a process.
⚡ Which factors should you consider while selecting Flowchart maker software?
You should consider the following factors while selecting a Flowchart maker software:
- Ease of using the software
- Functionalities and Features offered
- Easy to create flowcharts in less time
- Automation of flowcharting steps
- Flowchart editing features
- Flowchart sharing options
- Team Collaboration