Inspection against Production GR- this inspection will be based on production confirmation against a production order.
The inspection lot (with inspection type 04) will be created at the time of Good receipt against production order.
The SAP system will generate a unique inspection lot which will have the information of production order, Inspection specification and sampling.
A separate lot will be generated for each GR line items (batch) in the confirmation.
The stock will remain in Quality inspection stock until the inspection is completed (Usage decision is made).
Final inspection after production has following process steps in SAP system, like
- Creation and Confirmation of Production Order
A good receipt will happen in the procurement process as a part of purchasing. Good receipt generally occurs against a purchase order or schedule agreement.
Against each GR line item, the SAP system will automatically generate one inspection lot which contains details of the purchase like vendor, date of purchase, inspection specifications and sampling details.
- Listing of Inspection lot
To list Inspection lots, you may use the transaction code QA33. The search criteria can be,
- Material (s)
- Inspection lot creation date
- Inspection dates
- Inspection type “04”
- Attaching inspection plan and release the inspection lot
The SAP system automatically assigns the inspection plan to the material with task list type ’05’ (Goods receipt inspection). If more than one inspection plan exists for the material, we have to
- Assign the proper inspection plan to the material
- Calculate the sample
- Release the lot for inspection processing.
- Sample calculation
If sampling procedure is attached with the inspection plan / material / characteristics, the SAP system will automatically calculate the sample otherwise manually go to the lot and calculate the sample.
- Result recording
Result recording will be done against the inspection lot created at the time of Goods Receipt.
All the characteristics will be shown in the SAP recording screen for input. The SAP system will give an f4 search for getting code values for attribute inspection.
For quantitative data, based on tolerance limit (upper and lower), the SAP system will propose the valuation. In both cases, the inspector can accept or reject the proposal (Manually).
- Usage Decision
When we make the usage decision, you decide whether to accept or reject the goods in the inspection lot based on the results of the inspection. Once you have made the usage decision, the inspection is completed.
- Stock posting
In Final inspection after production, inventory management is in place at the time of usage decision, and we can transfer the Quality stock into relevant stock categories like,
- Unrestricted usage
- Different material
- Return to vendor
In this step, we will create and confirm production order which will trigger automatic goods receipt and hence inspection lot would be generated.
Step 1) From SAP easy access menu, open Transaction code CO01, and enter the following details.
- Enter Material Code for which you want to create production order.
- Enter your production plant code.
- Enter production order type.
After filling in all the fields, click or press Enter to go to the next SAP screen.
Step 2) In this SAP screen, we will create the production order.
- Enter the production order quantity.
- Select “current date” from drop down box and press enter from the keyboard.
- Press “Release” button from top to release the order.
- Press “Goods Receipt” tab to check if the quality inspection is activated or not.
If it is activated, you will see “quality inspection” stock will be populated against stock type in next step.
Step 3) In this SAP screen, we will check quality inspection flag in the production Order.
- You can see stock type as “quality inspection” which means after confirmation and goods receipt of production order, inspection lot would be triggered, and the stock will hit quality inspection stock.
After saving the screen by clicking save button, Production order will be created.
Step 4) From SAP Easy access menu, open Transaction code CO11N.
Here, we will confirm and post goods receipt against production order.
Enter below details
- Enter the production order number created in the previous step. After entering order number, all details would be populated automatically.
- Press “Goods Movement” tab to move to next screen, where we will post goods receipt and goods issue of components.
Step 5) In this SAP screen,
- You can see Goods receipt would be posted for material S-1003 for 20 EA, which would trigger inspection lot.
Click save button to Save the Order.
After posting confirmation and Goods receipt against production order in SAP system, the next step is the quality result recording.
Step 1) From SAP Easy access menu, open Transaction code QA32.
Here, we will inspect the material and record the results against inspection specification.
- Enter Plant Code in SAP screen.
- Enter inspection lot origin as “04” which is standard SAP inspection type used for raw material inspection.
- Press Execute to display the list of inspection lot.
Step 2) In this SAP screen,
- You can see the inspection lot generated in earlier steps along with material
- Check the SAP system status as REL CALC SPRQ. This status is a confirmation for the activities like,
- Inspection plan is copied in inspection lot
- Sample size calculated and stock posting required from quality stock to unrestricted or any other stock category.
- Press “Results” button and move to next SAP screen to do results recording.
Step 3) In this SAP screen, you will see the result of inspection lots
- You can see the short text of the Master Inspection characteristics along with specifications like length, surface, visual, etc.
- You can see a sample size of 5 calculated automatically by the system if sampling procedure is assigned in the inspection plan.
- Enter your actual results manually against the inspection specifications.
Press save button to save the inspection results.
Step 1) From SAP Easy access screen open same Transaction QA32 with which we have done results recording in the previous step.
Here, we will do usage decision against inspection lot. The inspection lot is either accepted or rejected if accepted it will be moved from the quality inspection to stock posting.
- Enter Plant Code.
- Enter inspection lot origin as “04” which is a standard SAP inspection type used for a final inspection after production.
- Press execute button to display the list of inspection lot along with lot quantity.
Step 2) In this SAP screen,
- Press usage decision button to move to next screen
Step 3) In this SAP screen,
- Select UD code as “A” for acceptance of the lot and you can see the quality score as “100” based on Usage Decision code.
- Select Inspection lot stock TAB to do stock posting in next SAP screen.
Step 4) In this SAP screen, we will do stock posting from quality stock to any other stock category.
- We can move the quality stock of 20 to unrestricted stock (ready for use stock) if the quality results are within expected specifications, which hits movement type 321 in the background. (Movement Type 321 indicates the movement of quality stock to unrestricted stock).
Press save button to save the usage decision.
Thus, the stock movement from quality inspection to the unrestricted stock category, as shown above, indicates the completion of Inspection after production.
In next tutorial, we will see how to create quality notifications.
- Inspection plan must be copied to inspection lot, without which we will not be able to do result recording and usage decision.
- If inspection plan is created after inspection lot, then inspection lot will get CRTD status. We need to manually assign inspection plan to change status from created (CRTD) to released (REL). After Inspection lot is released, then we can perform result recording and usage decision.
- The sampling procedure must be assigned in the inspection plan to do any result recording and usage decision in a case where manually you need to calculate the sample in the inspection lot.