What is DevOps Tool?
DevOps Tools help automate the process. It emphasizes communication, collaboration between product management, software development, and operations professionals.
Following is a curated list of the Top DevOps Tool set, along with their features and latest download links.
QuerySurge is the smart data testing solution that is the first-of-its-kind full DevOps solution for continuous data testing.
- Robust API with 60+ calls
- Seamlessly integrates into the DevOps pipeline for continuous testing
- Verifies large amounts of data quickly
- Validates difficult transformation rules between multiple source and target systems
- Detects requirements and code changes, updates tests accordingly and alerts team members of said changes
- Provides detailed data intelligence & data analytics
Basis Technologies offers the only DevOps and test automation platform engineered specifically for SAP. Their DevOps for SAP tool, ActiveControl allows businesses to move their SAP applications from fixed release cycles to an on-demand delivery model based on CI/CD and DevOps.
- Automate 90%+ of manual effort, including build, conflict/dependency management, and deployment
- Integrate SAP in cross-application CI/CD pipelines with tools like GitLab and Jenkins
- Shift quality left with 60+ automated analyzers that highlight risk, impact and issues
- Unique BackOut function rolls back deployments
- Automates the management, alignment, and synchronization of changes between ECC and S/4
- Fully customizable approval process
- Central web dashboard enables collaboration between distributed teams
- Comprehensive metrics (cycle time, velocity, WIP, etc) support continuous improvement
- Automated code merge and conflict management for 'N+N' SAP project environments
- Full audit trail enables regulatory compliance
Systems Management Bundle is a tool that enables you to monitor your server with less effort. This application checks the performance of Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure. It can find and fix internal or external website app performance issues.
- This application supports hybrid cloud environments.
- It offers a drag and drop interface.
- You can integrate this tool with the SolarWinds Orion platform.
- Provides virtualization manager that can optimize the performance of the virtual machine.
- It has 1200+ built in monitoring templates.
A developer-friendly alert and on-call management solution with Slack, API, and Terraform integration. Never miss an alert with calls, SMS, telegrams, Slack, and email notifications.
- Collect incidents from monitoring systems.
- Collect and analyze data.
- Rotate duties.
- Deduplication and grouping.
- Delivery via SMS, calls, Slack, and telegram.
- Automatically escalate incidents between teams.
- Analyze historical data and record autopsies.
- Free for small teams; no credit card required.
SolarWinds Patch Manager is a DevOps tool that is designed to address the vulnerabilities of software. This application provides patch compliance easy to analyze reports. It helps you to extend your SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager and Systems).
- It offers a user-friendly dashboard to manage patch.
- The application helps you deploy security patches with no hassle.
- It can automate your patching process.
- SolarWinds Patch Manager can quickly determine devices that need patching.
Jenkins a DevOps tool for monitoring execution of repeated tasks. It is one of the best software deploy tools which helps to integrate project changes more easily by quickly finding issues.
- It increases the scale of automation
- Jenkins requires little maintenance and has built-in GUI tool for easy updates.
- It offers 400 plugins to support building and testing virtually any project.
- It is Java-based program ready to run with Operating systems like Windows, Mac OS X, and UNIX
- It supports continuous integration and continuous delivery
- It can easily set up and configured via web interface
- It can distribute tasks across multiple machines thereby increasing concurrency.
Download link: https://www.jenkins.io/download/
Vagrant is a DevOps tool. It allows building and managing virtual machine environments in a single workflow. It offers easy-to-use workflow and focuses on automation. Vagrant lowers development environment setup time and increases production parity.
- Vagrant integrates with existing configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, and Salt
- Vagrant works seamlessly on Mac, Linux, and Window OS
- Create a single file for projects to describe the type of machine and software users want to install
- It helps DevOps team members to have an ideal development environment
Download link: https://www.vagrantup.com/downloads.html
PagerDuty is a DevOps tool that helps businesses to enhance their brand reputation. It is an incident management solution supporting continuous delivery strategy. It also allows DevOps teams to deliver high-performing apps.
- Provide Real-time alerts
- Reliable & Rich Alerting facility
- Event Grouping & Enrichment
- Gain visibility into critical systems and applications
- Easily detect and resolve incidents from development through production
- It offers Real-Time Collaboration System & User Reporting
- It supports Platform Extensibility
- It allows scheduling & automated Escalations
- Full-stack visibility across development and production environments
- Event intelligence for actionable insights
Download link: https://www.pagerduty.com/
Prometheus is 100% open source free to use service monitoring system. It offers support for more than ten languages.
- Flexible query language for slicing collected time series data to generate tables, graphs, and alerts
- Stores time series, streams of timestamped values belonging to the same metric, and the same set of labeled dimensions
- Stores time series in memory and also on local disk
- It has easy-to-implement custom libraries
- Alert manager handles notifications and silencing
Download link: https://prometheus.io/download/
Ganglia DevOps tooling offers teams with cluster and grid monitoring capabilities. This tool is designed for high-performance computing systems like clusters and grids.
- Free and open source tool
- Scalable monitoring system based on a hierarchical design
- Achieves low per-node overheads for high concurrency
- It can handle clusters with 2,000 nodes
Download link: http://ganglia.info/?page_id=66
Snort is a very powerful open-source DevOps tool that helps in the detection of intruders. It also highlights malicious attacks against the system. It is one of the best software deploy tools that allows real-time traffic analysis and packet logging.
- Performs protocol analysis and content searching
- It allows signature-based detection of attacks by analyzing packets
- It offers real-time traffic analysis and packet logging
- Detects buffer overflows, stealth port scans, and OS fingerprinting attempts, etc.
Download link: https://www.snort.org/downloads
Splunk is a tool to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. It delivers operational intelligence to DevOps teams. It is one of the best software deploy tools that helps companies to be more productive, competitive, and secure.
- Data drive analytics with actionable insights
- Next-generation monitoring and analytics solution
- Delivers a single, unified view of different IT services
- Extend the Splunk platform with purpose-built solutions for security
Download link: https://www.splunk.com/
Nagios is another useful tool for DevOps. It helps DevOps teams to find, and correct problems with network & infrastructure.
- Nagios XI helps to monitors components like applications, services, OS, network protocols
- It provides complete monitoring of desktop and server operating systems
- It provides complete monitoring of Java Management Extensions
- It allows monitoring of all mission-critical infrastructure components on any operating system
- Its log management tool is industry leading.
- Network Analyzer helps identify bottlenecks and optimize bandwidth utilization.
- This tool simplifies the process of searching log data
Download link: https://www.nagios.com/
Chef is a useful DevOps tool for achieving speed, scale, and consistency. It is a Cloud based system. It can be used to ease out complex tasks and perform automation.
- Accelerate cloud adoption
- Effectively manage data centers
- It can manage multiple cloud environments
- It maintains high availability
Download link: https://downloads.chef.io/
15) Sumo Logic:
Sumo Logic helps organizations to analyze and make sense of log data. It combines security analytics with integrated threat intelligence for advanced security analytics.
- Build, run, and secure Azure Hybrid applications
- Cloud-native, machine data analytics service for log management and time series metrics
- Monitor, secure, troubleshoot cloud applications, and infrastructures
- It has a power of elastic cloud to scale infinitely
- Drive business value, growth and competitive advantage
- One platform for continuous real-time integration
- Remove friction from the application lifecycle
Download link: https://www.sumologic.com/
OverOps is the DevOps tool that gives root-cause of a bug and informs about server crash to the team. It quickly identifies when and why code breaks in production.
- Detects production code breaks and delivers the source code
- Improve staff efficiency by reducing time wasted sifting through logs
- Offers the complete source code and variable to fix any error
- Proactively detects when deployment processes face errors
- It helps DevOps team to spend more time in delivering great features
Download link: https://www.overops.com/
Consul is a DevOps tool. It is widely used for discovering and configuring services in any infrastructure. It is a perfect tool for modern, elastic infrastructures as it is useful for the DevOps community.
- It provides a robust API
- Applications can easily find the services they should depend upon using DNS or HTTP
- Make use of the hierarchical key or value store for dynamic configuration
- Provide Supports for multiple data centers
Download link: https://www.consul.io/downloads.html
Docker is a DevOps technology suite. It allows DevOps teams to build, ship, and run distributed applications. This tool allows users to assemble apps from components and work collaboratively.
- CaaS Ready platform running with built in orchestration
- Flexible image management with a private registry to store, manage images and configure image caches
- Isolates apps in containers to eliminate conflicts for enhancing security
Download link: https://store.docker.com/editions/enterprise/docker-ee-trial
19) Stackify Retrace:
Stackify is a lightweight DevOps tool. It shows real-time logs, errors queries, and more directly into the workstation. It is an ideal solution for intelligent orchestration for the software-defined data center.
- Detailed trace of all types of web request
- Eliminate messy configuration or code changes
- Provides an instant feedback to check what .NET or Java web apps are doing
- Allows to find and fix bugs before production
- Integrated container management with Docker Datacenter of all app resources and users in a unified web admin UI
- Flexible image management with a private registry to store and manage images
- It provides secure access and configures image caches
- Secure multi tenancy with granular Role Based Access Control
- Complete security with automatic TLS, integrated secrets management, security scanning and deployment policy
- Docker Certified Plugins Containers provide tested, certified and supported solutions
Download link: https://saltstack.com/saltstack-downloads/
CFEngine is a DevOps tool for IT automation. It is an ideal tool for configuration management. It helps teams to automate large-scale complex infrastructure.
- Provides rapid solution with the execution time less than one second
- An open source configuration solution with an unmatched security record
- It conducted billions of compliance checks in large-scale production environments
- It allows deploying a model-based configuration change across 50,000 servers in very few minutes
Download link: https://cfengine.com/product/free-download/
Artifactory is the enterprise-ready repository manager. It provides end-to-end, automated solution for tracking artifacts from development to production.
- It supports software packages created using any technology or language
- Supports secure, clustered, high-availability Docker registries
- Remote artifacts are cached locally for reuse this eliminates the need for downloading them repeatedly.
Download link: https://www.jfrog.com/download-artifactory-pro/
Capistrano is another useful remote server automation tool for DevOps teams. This tool supports scripting and executing arbitrary tasks.
- Allows to deploy web application to any number of machines
- Helps to automate common tasks in software teams
- Interchangeable output formatters
- Allows to script arbitrary workflows over SSH
- Easy to add support for many source control management software
- Host and Role filters for partial deploys or cluster maintenance
- Recipes for the database integration and Rails asset pipelines
Download link: https://capistranorb.com/
Monit is an Open Source DevOps tool. It is designed for managing and monitoring UNIX systems. It conducts automatic maintenance, repair, and executes meaningful actions in error situations.
- Executes meaningful causal actions in error situations
- Monit helps to monitor daemon processes or similar programs running on localhost
- It helps to monitor files, directories, and file systems on localhost
- This DevOps tool allows network connections to various servers
Download link: https://mmonit.com/monit/#download
Supervisor is a useful DevOps tool. It allows teams to monitor and control processes on UNIX operating systems. It provides users a single place to start, stop, and monitor all the processes.
- Supervisor is configured using a simple INI-style config file which is easy to learn
- This tool provides users a single place to start, stop, and monitor all the processes
- It uses simple event notification to monitor programs written in any language
- It is tested and supported on Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, Solaris, etc.
- It does not need compiler because it is written entirely in Python
Download link: http://supervisord.org/installing.html
Ansible is a leading DevOps tool. It is a simple way to automate IT for automating entire application lifecycle. It makes it easier for DevOps teams to scale automation and speed up productivity.
- It is easy to use open source deploy apps
- It helps to avoid complexity in the software development process
- IT automation eliminates repetitive tasks that allow teams to do more strategic work
- It is an ideal tool to manage complex deployments and speed up development process
Download link: https://www.redhat.com/en/technologies/management/ansible/try-it
26) Code Climate:
Code Climate is a DevOps tool that monitors the health of the code, from the command line to the cloud. It helps users to fix issues easily and allows the team to produce better code.
- It can easily integrate into any workflow
- It helps to identify fixes, and improve team's skills to produce maintainable code
- With the Code climate, it is easy to increase the code quality
- Allow tracking progress instantly
Download link: https://codeclimate.com/
Icinga is a DevOps tool that consists of two branches in parallel: Icinga and Icinga2. It allows DevOps engineers to select best suits for their project.
- Monitor network services, host resources, and server components
- Notify through email, SMS, or phone call
- With the RESTful API of Icinga 2, it is certainly easy to update configurations
- When any issue occurs, the user will be notified. Using e-mail, text message or mobile message applications
- Apply rules to hosts and services for creating continuous monitoring environment
- Report with chart graphs, measure SLA and helps to identify trends
Download link: https://www.icinga.com/download/
28) New Relic APM:
New Relic APM is a useful DevOps tool. It gains end to end visibility across customer experience and dynamic infrastructure. It allows DevOps team reduce the time for monitoring applications.
- Monitor performance of External Services
- It allows full-stack alerting
- Organize, visualize, evaluate with in-depth analytics
- Provide a precise picture of dynamically changing systems.
- The external service's dashboard offers charts with response time
- Create customized queries on metric data and names
- Key Transactions monitor feature to manage and track all the important business transactions
Download link: https://newrelic.com/signup
Juju is an open source application modeling DevOps tool. It deploys, configure, scales and operate software on public & private clouds. With Juju, it is possible to automate cloud infrastructure and deploy application architectures.
- DevOps engineers can easily handle configuration, management, maintenance, deployment, and scalability.
- It offers powerful GUI and command-line interface
- Deploy services to targeted cloud in seconds
- Provide detailed logs to resolve issues quickly
Download link: https://jujucharms.com/new/
ProductionMap is an Integrated Visual platform for DevOps engineers. It helps to make automation development fast and easy. This orchestration platform backed by dedicated to IT professionals.
- Allows users planning the automation process
- Java Script editor backed by a full Object Model
- Each execution is automatically documented
- The Admin can control map execution
- User can trigger an execution of a map from remote events
Download link: https://xebialabs.com/technology/productionmap/
Scalyr is a DevOps platform for high-speed server monitoring and log management. It's log aggregator module collects all application, web, process, and system logs
- Start monitoring and collecting data without need to worry about infrastructure
- Drop the Scalyr Agent on any server
- It allows to Import logs from Heroku, Amazon RDS, and Amazon CloudWatch, etc.
- Graphs allow visualizing log data and metrics to show breakdowns and percentiles
- Centralized log management and server monitoring
- Watch all the new events arrive in near real-time
- Search hundreds of GBs/sec across all the servers
- Just need to click once to switch between logs and graphs
- Turn complex log data into simple, clear, and highly interactive reports
Download link: https://app.scalyr.com/signup
Rudder is a DevOps solution for continuous configuration and auditing. It is easy to use web-driven solution for IT automation.
- Workflow offers various user options like non-expert users, expert users, and managers
- Automate common system administration tasks such as installation and configuration
- Enforce configuration over time
- Provide Inventory of all managed nodes
- Web interface for configuring and managing nodes
- Compliance reporting by configuration or by node
Download link: https://www.rudder-project.org/site/get-rudder/downloads/
33) Puppet Enterprise:
Puppet Enterprise is a DevOps tool. It allows managing entire infrastructure as code without expanding the size of the team.
- Puppet enterprise tool eliminates manual work for software delivery process. It helps developer to deliver great software rapidly
- Model and manage entire environment
- Intelligent orchestration and visual workflows
- Real-time context-aware reporting
- Define and continually enforce infrastructure
- It inspects and reports on packages running across infrastructure
- Desired state conflict detection and remediation
Download link: https://puppet.com/try-puppet/puppet-enterprise/
Graylog is a powerful log management and DevOps tool. It has many use cases for monitoring SSH logins and unusual activities. Its basic version is a free and open source.
- Automatically archive the data so that user don't need to do that frequently
- Graylog Enterprise also offers Audit Log capabilities.
- It records and stores actions taken by a user or administrator that make changes in the system
- Receive enterprise-grade support by allowing support requests directly from the engineers
Download link: https://www.graylog.org/download
UpGuard helps DevOps teams around the world to gain visibility into their technology.It integrates seamlessly with popular automation platforms such as Puppet, Chef, and Ansible.
- UpGuard helps businesses around the world to gain visibility into their technology
- This DevOps tool allows increasing in speed of software delivery. It is accomplished through the automation by numbers of processes and technologies.
- It allows users to trust a third-party with sensitive data
- The procedures used to govern assets are as important as the configurations themselves
Download link: https://www.upguard.com/demo