Wireframe tools are visual mockup software that outlines the structure of your app, website, or landing page. These applications have simple and easy to use GUI that can be used without knowledge of any coding. Such programs help you to collaborate and share your site design with colleagues in real-time.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Web Wireframing Tools, with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) software.
Best Wireframe Tools & Apps: Top Picks
|Adobe XD||MacOS, Windows, Android, ioS||✅||Learn More|
|Moqups||Web App||✅||Learn More|
|Lucidchart||MacOS, Windows||✅||Learn More|
1) Adobe XD
Adobe XD Wireframing software allows you to draw, reuse, and remix vector to build wireframes, prototypes, screen layouts, and ready assets all using a single app. It enables you to share your wireframe with other designers.
- Designers can import files from their Adobe tools without any hassle.
- It allows integrations with several of its products like Photoshop and After Effects.
- This tool will enable you to make comments on your prototypes when you share directly and view designs in real-time on actual devices.
- The software helps you to visualize design ideas.
- It enables you to resize the group of objects of different sizes.
Moqups is a simple to use prototyping tool that helps you collaborate in real-time on wireframes, mockups, diagrams, and much more. It provides support for native support for drag and drop or copy/paste to import images from your desktop or other apps.
- Drag and Drop elements from a comprehensive library of widgets and easy to configure smart-shapes.
- Turn your wireframes or final designs into live prototypes by adding interactions or hotspots.
- Professional diagramming features for creating flowcharts, decision trees, sitemaps, use-cases, and more.
- It offers a built-in library with thousands of icons from the most popular icon sets.
- Guru99 users get 20% off with coupon “GURU20”
Lucidchart is a visual workspace that helps you to start diagramming. It allows you to create a simple flowchart to complex technical diagrams. This tool has a UI shape library that helps you to plan your interface.
- Helps you to increase security and easily manage user accounts
- It can be integrated seamlessly with MS Office, G Suite, and more.
- Lucidchart follows GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) for data security.
- It provides templates to get started your wireframe.
- This application can be used for mobile phones, tablets, and PC.
- E-commerce flows, sign-up pages, pricing pages, and home pages.
ProtoPie is a tool that helps you to create a prototype with natural language. You can use this program on smartphones, tablets, desktop as well as web. This tool helps you to create a realistic prototype.
- It helps you to accelerate workflow with components.
- It is one of the best free wireframe tool that supports Windows and macOS.
- You can comment on the prototype.
- It allows you to manage who can access the prototype.
- You can create a prototype without any coding skills.
A sketch is a useful tool for modern web designers. This tool enables you to stay focus on designing any product. It is one of the best wireframe tools for beginners that provides a cloud workplace that gives you instant access to the designs you have made.
- Very flexible in functionality
- Easy to build prototypes
- Build symbols and reusable assets
- It helps you to share your prototype easily.
- You can customize your workflow using plugins like Bitmap Compressor, and SVGO Compressor.
- Supports sharing and commenting.
Wireframe.cc offers a free wireframe app for building an ideal prototype for your business. It is one of the best free wireframe tool that allows you to focus on our ideas and sketch them before they fade away.
- It helps you keep your wireframes simple by offering a minimal palette.
- Offers context-sensitive UI.
- The mobile devices come in vertical and landscape orientations.
- Allows annotating your wireframes.
- Simple click and draw interface.
- Limited color palette to avoid vesting time.
- Create wireframe on any devices, including mobile devices, and web.
Figma is a free wireframing tool. It helps you to communicate your ideas visually and get feedback from other people. This free wireframe software enables you to share your design with your colleagues in real-time on Windows, Mac, or Linux platforms.
- You can easily transform your workflow into detailed components.
- Work with the same file without worrying about the versioning.
- It can automatically animate your objects.
- Create multiple layers of content you have created.
- It allows you to comment on your prototype.
- Support for Dropbox and Notion.
Marvel is a browser-based prototyping tool that simplifies the process of prototyping. It allows you to upload your image files and helps you to add gestures and transitions. It is one of the best free wireframe tools that can be used to instantly generate the design process.
- Helps you to create realistic prototypes, without code
- Allows you to validate the idea with user testing
- Offers fast URL sharing and embed codes for your mockups
- Marvel App supports direct uploading of particular image types such as JPG, GIF, and PSD.
- It provides a platform to create your prototype quickly with intuitive design.
- This program helps you to see how users interact with your prototypes.
- Create interfaces and wireframes in less time.
JustInMind is a mockup tool for creating high-quality work, although at a very steep cost. This application offers a range of interaction, animation, as well as transactions. It is one of the best wireframing tools that allows you to choose from various mobile gestures, including tap, swipe, pinch, and scroll.
- It allows you to export your prototype to a fully functional HTML document and make it readily available to view in any web browser.
- Create wireframes for websites and web apps that adapt to multiple screen resolutions for desktop and mobile
- It offers access to use items from UI libraries and download numerous add-ons.
- You can easily design a fully interactive prototypes.
- It provides a visual design that can easily fit on any screen.
Invision is another popular prototyping tool in the world. The project management page helps you to organize design components into a status workflow. This tool enables you to create an interactive prototype.
- It allows you to upload multiple file types, including JPG, PNG, GIF, PSD files.
- Provides flexible layer styling and pixel-perfect layout
- Offers push and pull integrations with apps like Slack, Dropbox, Trello, and JIRA.
- Seamlessly communicate with and get feedback from others.
- You can collect and impressively present design.
- It helps you to turn your ideas into creative design.
- It enables you to effortlessly animate your transactions.
Mockflow is a wireframing tool that helps you to brainstorm UI ideas. It enables you to draw and collaborate with your designs with ease. This application offers to sketch layout to make project design without any complexity.
- It provides preview mode to view your drawings.
- This application has numerous built-in layouts to draw UI.
- You can create a style guide document.
- The software allows you to share a design with others.
- Supports commenting in your design.
Pidoco prototyping tool which allows you to create click-through wireframes and use interactive UX prototypes quickly. It helps you to test prototypes on iOS and Android devices in real-time.
- It allows wireframe developers to share prototypes, collect comments, and edit screens with others in real-time.
- Offers specification documents at the click of a button to hand to give your web development team as a blueprint
- Enables you to customize building blocks, which helps you to improve design consistency in your projects.
- It enables you to create custom building blocks that can make your prototype fast.
- Integrate this tool with JIRA and Planio.
13) Balsamiq Wireframes
Balsamiq Wireframes is a small but useful graphical tool to sketch out user interfaces for websites and web/desktop/ mobile apps.
- It allows you to build rough sketches of the prototype for clients.
- This tool is easy to collaborate and get fast feedback on your wireframes.
- Balsamiq replicates the speed and convenience of developing mockups on paper, but also a digital medium.
- It helps you to create simple and static wireframes.
14) Fluid UI
Fluid UI, great wireframing tool. It allows you to build high and low fidelity component libraries, live team collaboration, video presentations, etc. It is one of the best tools for wireframing which provides real-time collaboration that enables your team to work together.
- It offers rapid prototyping.
- Build-in libraries for over 2000 components
- Allows you to create interactive web and mobile prototypes with taps
- It allows you to upload existing assets.
- You can visually add linking to your prototype.
- Enables you to test your prototype on mobile phones.
Axure is a wireframing tool that can be used without writing any code. It is one of the best wireframe software which offers dynamic content for providing hover functions if present. You can use this program to quickly create wireframes and diagrams.
- Conditional flow statements for checking conditions
- Offers math functions like adding or removing from the cart that reflects the amount
- Adaptive views for sizing the screen which depends on the screen size
- Animations on the prototype.
- You can keep track of tasks or store project information.
- You can quickly make functional diagrams.
UXPin is offers everything needed to design prototypes that work like they’re the finished product. It offers a prototype with functional and interactive elements generated from the production code.
- Interactive, stateful elements
- It allows you to use interactive text fields, checkboxes, and radio buttons to draw their static imitations.
- It helps you to import prototyping by importing an existing web page or any piece of it to UXPin.
- The software is available for Mac and Windows platforms.
- It contains interactive, stateful elements.
- UxnPin has a built-in library of icons.
- The software offers interactive form elements.
Giffy is a Wireframing program. It helps you to create a framework for your mobile app, website, and home page. It is one of the best wireframe apps that contains numerous templates and shapes to start making professional-looking wireframes.
- You can share and collaborate with your friends.
- It enables you to integrate with Atlassian.
- You can import and edit wireframes.
- It has easy to use drag and drop element facility.
- You can export diagrams in SVG, JPEG, PDF, and PNG.
- Supported browsers are Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari.
18) Microsoft Visio
Microsoft Visio is a diagramming tool that allows you to create simple as well as complex diagrams according to your business needs. Visio also enables you to create detailed organization charts, floor plans, pivot diagrams, etc.
- It provides more number of shapes than the earlier version.
- A metro-style format to support windows 8.
- It allows you to comment and share diagrams, both static and data linked through a web browser.
- Quick access floating bar replace any shape in a diagram quickly.
- It helps others to add comments to a diagram through a browser using Visio Services.
19) Template Toaster
Template Toaster is a tool that provides a simple and easy way to prepare a mockup of your website. This site has pre-made templates, stock images, and a built-in icon set that helps you to make website structure. It provides a wide range of font and styling options to start your work.
- Provides easy to use GUI.
- Support CMS (Customer Management System).
- Compatible with WPML (WordPress plugin).
- Optimize for mobile devices.
- It offers fully responsive menus.
- This application provides a customizable slider for the website.
OmniGraffle is an application that allows you to draw diagrams. It enables you to create wireframes to explore ideas accurately. This tool helps you to move elements quickly without any hassle.
- Organize and share your ideas with visuals.
- Quickly create needed diagrams from Mac, iPad, and iPhone.
- Supported languages are English, Italian, French, etc.
- Set the position of the element with precision.
NinjaMock is a tool that helps designers to design your wireframe project. It is one of the best website wireframing tools that enables you to test the design on your device. This software allows designers to collaborate with your team in real-time.
- It has all the typical controls which are there on mobile devices.
- Collect feedback from others.
- Export your drawing to PDF, HTML, or PNG.
- It provides a cloud-based file system to organize your wireframe.
- You can upload images from the web.
- NinjaMock offers resizable icons.
Proto.io is a tool that helps you to create a prototype without knowledge of coding. It helps you to test your ideas on a real device. This website wireframe tool has UI components for Android and iOS components.
- You can add any touch or mouse event for web and mobile prototyping.
- Preview prototypes on any device.
- You can share and collaborate with anyone.
- Import your design from Sketch and Photoshop tool.
- Export files with a single click.
- Offers easy to use user interface.
- You can view all your screen on a single page.
Miro is a platform that helps you to draw project drawings and collaborate with your team. It enables you to plan your project easily.
- You can explain the visual process and system with mapping and drawing.
- It offers a zoomable canvas.
- This software helps you to build and develop ideas with a distributed team.
- You can easily share the screen with others.
- It has embedded commenting and chat features.
- Miro enables you to track the work of your team.
Cacoo is a lightweight tool for creating wireframe/mockups. This online tool helps you to frame using UI units. You can save and get a link to the created frame.
- You can drag and drop elements from the frame.
- Share design with your companion.
- You can easily copy, paste, and delete elements.
- It enables you to resize the canvas.
- The software can be run without installing any plugins.
- It provides UI units to sketch the frame with ease.
- Supports shortcuts for convenience.
Jumpchart is a free wireframe tool that helps you to write content organize chart structure as well as track the feedback. This software has a drag and drop interface.
- It is one of the best wireframe tools for free that helps you to make a sitemap for your web pages.
- Designers can easily make a structure of the site.
- Offers visuals to plan your website.
❓ What are wireframe tools?
Wireframe tools are visual mockup software that outlines the structure of your app, website, or landing page. These applications have simple and easy to use GUI that can be used without knowledge of any coding.
⚡ Why use Wireframe tools?
Here are important reasons for using Wireframe tools:
- They help you to create a prototype with natural language.
- Such programs help you to collaborate and share your site design with colleagues in real-time.
- It enables you to communicate your ideas visually.
- You can design the basic design of the website or mobile application with ease.
🌟 Who Uses Wireframing Software?
Wireframing software is widely used in IT companies and organizations by UX professionals, business analysts, product managers, designers, cross-functional teams, etc.
❗ Why is Wireframe Important in Web Design?
Wireframe allows UX designers to outline the structure of their website, apps, and landing pages. It helps to visualize the web design ideas with ease. It also offers drag and drop functionality with a comprehensive library of widgets and shapes.
🏅 How do you start a wireframe?
Here, are the steps to start a wireframe:
- Step 1: Choose the software for wireframe.
- Step 2: Researching targeted user and UI design.
- Step 3: Start drawing wireframe.
⭐ What are the common features of wireframe tools?
The common features of wireframe tools are:
- It helps you to accelerate workflow with components.
- Work with the same file without worrying about the versioning of work.
- Designers can easily make a structure of the site.
- You can easily copy, paste, and delete elements.
💻 Which are the Best Wireframe Tools?
Here are some of the best wireframe tools:
- Adobe XD