Mind Mapping softwares are designed to represent the relationships between ideas and concepts graphically. These mind mapping tools are visual thinking program which helps you to analyze, synthesize, recall, and generate new ideas in an effective way.
Following is a handpicked list of Best Mind Mapping softwares. The list contains Free as well commercial tools with popular features and latest download links of mind map software.
Best Mind Mapping Software Free/Paid
|MindMaster||Free + Paid Plan||Learn More|
|ClickUp||Free + Paid Plan||Learn More|
|Ayoa||Free + Paid Plan||Learn More|
|Mindomo||Free + Paid Plan||Learn More|
|Visio||Free + Paid Plan||Learn More|
MindMaster is a versatile and user-friendly mind mapping tool that enables you to choose structure, colors, and style to express your ideas. This application offers fishbone, timeline, sector, circle, treemap, and bubble map.
- It offers more than 33 predefined themes.
- This application provides 700 stylish clipart.
- MindMaster helps you to customize every detail.
- It allows you to conduct group brainstorming sessions.
- You can filter tasks by resources.
- Helps you to track progress with ease.
ClickUp is a mind mapping app that helps you to plan and organize projects, ideas, and existing tasks for the ultimate visual outline. It also helps you to turn your ideas into actionable plans.
- Allows you to rearrange your projects by dragging branches into logical paths.
- You can create, edit, and delete tasks right from your view.
- Allows you to create powerful free-form diagrams.
- It helps you to invent mind maps independent from any task structure.
- It enables you to share your mind maps with anyone.
Ayoa is a tool for generating the idea and collaborating with others. It is a mind mapping, task management, and chat application that allows individuals and teams to create unique mind maps quickly.
- It enables you to adjust the appearance of your branches and connectors.
- You can add files and images directly onto your branches.
- It helps you to convert your ideas into tasks.
- You can add emoji reactions to branches
- It offers a way to organize your map by placing categories around branches.
Mindomo is an online collaborative concept mapping, mind mapping, and outlining software. With this software, you can achieve your goals by visually mapping ideas, plans, and interests.
- Unregistered users can see the maps shared by register users.
- Allows you to map concepts by connecting dots.
- Provides a way to create a blueprint of your plans.
- You can keep the team engage with collaborative online Gantt charts.
Microsoft Visio is a diagramming tool which allows you to create simple as well as complex diagrams according to your business needs. Visio also enables you to create detailed organization charts, floor plans, pivot diagrams, etc.
- Enable you to work on a variety of diagrams at the same time.
- VISIO Provides diagramming capabilities to prepare various business engineering Software, and Database Architecture easily.
- The tool allows you to capture the information in ways that are valuable for you and your business.
- The web version of Visio helps you to work together on diagrams from any web browser.
- Provide support for creating varieties of diagramming shapes.
Miro is a collaboration tool that allows teams to centralize their cross-functional teamwork. Miro is a quick and easy way for a team to capture, manage, map user stories wireframe, plan script, and structure their thoughts.
- It provides real-time collaborative drawing
- The tool has an infinite virtual whiteboard to complete any visual task like agile planning, project management, and design iteration.
- Built-in comments, video, chat, and @mentions for seamless communication.
- Integrate more than 20 tools, including InVision, Confluence, Slack, Google Drive, Jira, and more.
Download Link: https://miro.com/
Xmind is an integrated platform for brainstorming and mind mapping app. It is a free mind mapping software designed to generate ideas and inspire creativity. This software supports tree diagrams, fishbone diagrams, spreadsheets, etc.
- It is a mind map software that offers Fishbone Chart, Matrix, Timeline, Org Chart
- It is one of the free mind mapping software that uses a combination of different structures.
- You can make any graphic you want.
- Xmind is one of the best free mind map software that allows you to access graphic anytime and anywhere.
- Export and share to Word, PDF, Excel, PPT, Project, FreeMind
Download Link: https://www.xmind.net/
Mindjet MindManager is a mind map software that allows you to organize your day, run your project, and manage your team. Mindjet offers you to build an innovative program using mind mapping, big data analytics, and game mechanics to create the best ideas and operationalize them in the market.
- It allows you to quickly capture information and idea.
- Track priorities, deliverables, resources, dependencies, and due dates.
- It offers you to integrate the information on a unified dashboard.
- Manage everything from brainstorming to planning.
Download Link: https://www.mindmanager.com/en/product/mindmanager/
- This mind mapping software automatically adds contextual information as well as images.
- Frictionless interface helps you focus
- It is one of the best mind mapping software that enables you to add longer text, spreadsheets, and videos to your mind maps.
- Allows you to save to Google Drive and manage using Google Apps
- You can add icons and images to map.
- User can control sharing settings.
Download Link: https://www.mindmup.com/
Coggle is a browser-based mind map software which produces hierarchically structured documents. This contrasts with many other collaborative applications like Google Docs, that provide either a spreadsheet or text document format.
- This mind mapping software enable you to produce beautiful notes quickly and easily.
- It is one of the free mind mapping software which offers real-time collaboration
- User can upload unlimited Image
- Add images text, labels, and annotate parts of your mind map
- Anyone can make changes in the diagram without any login using this best free mind map software.
Download Link: https://coggle.it/
TheBrain is one of the best mind mapping software tool from TheBrain Technologies. It uses a dynamic graphical interface which maps network relationships. It allows you to capture all that intelligence when you need it.
- Offer an instant way to share documents, web pages, notes, and images.
- Control tasks and open loops ideas in your brain.
- Sync your idea from your desktop, mobile device, or web browser anytime.
Download Link: https://www.thebrain.com/
Venngage the perfect way to visualize any topic that has many steps, nodes, or subsections. Create an engaging mind map with an online mind map maker.
- Allows you to color-coded points
- You can choose a font which is both readable and aesthetically pleasing.
- It is one of the best mind mapping software that offers professionally designed mind map templates to create maps easily.
- Put countless ideas or points.
- Download mind map as a PNG or PDF file and share it to social media websites.
Download Link: https://venngage.com/features/mind-map-maker
DrakonHub is an online diagramming tool which enables to create clear flowcharts, checklists, and mind maps. It is designed for, business user, managers, and software developers to create visual business processes. DrakonHub supports tablet and real time editing.
- It follows ergonomic standards which rid diagrams of the visual noise.
- Divide the diagram into various logical parts with the image of animal, object, or person.
- It is one of the best mind mapping software that allows you to arrange your mind maps in a specific order.
- You can add the boxes, and DrakonHub will automatically draw the lines.
Download Link: https://drakonhub.com/
MindMeister is one of the best mind mapping software that allows users to visualize, share, and present their thoughts. This free mind map software is a collaborative application that offers impressive graphical techniques to help users brainstorm, take notes, create project plans, and perform other tasks online.
- MindMeister enables you to share your mind maps with as many people as you want and collaborate with them in real-time.
- It is one of the free mind mapping software that has a built-in presentation mode that helps you to turn mind maps into dynamic slideshows in less time.
- It integrates with the intuitive online task as well as a project management app for groups.
- People in different places can work together and solve issues in real-time.
Download Link: https://www.mindmeister.com/
Padlet is an online blank board that can be used by invited people to collaborate in collecting ideas and sharing information. It is a tool for creating beautiful boards, documents, and webpages that are easy to read.
- It is one of the best mind mapping software that lets you invite users to add content, comment, and make changes in real-time.
- This software enables you to add photos, documents, weblinks, videos, and music.
- Allows you to select a readymade template or go with a blank slate.
- It enables you to share padlet with colleagues, classmates, friends, and family.
Download Link: https://padlet.com/
Bubbl.us is an online brainstorming application. This browser-based tool is good for project planning brainstorming and collaboration. The tool uses Macromedia Flash that can be accessed via browser to eliminate the need of installing any software.
- It is an entirely web-based application.
- It is one of the mind mapping tools that lets you save your mind map as an image
- You can create a colorful and engaging mind map
- The software helps you to understand better using presentation
Download Link: https://bubbl.us/
SmartDraw is a diagram tool for making and organizing flowcharts, mind maps, project charts, and other business visuals. This mindmap software is used by organizations and companies in order to document processes, manage plan strategies as well as projects.
- SmartDraw is easier to use than the standard drawing tools included in G Suite and Microsoft Office.
- It can be run on any tablet or computer.
- It has thousands of templates and symbols to choose from.
- The software lets you create chart-based and schematic diagrams.
- The software contains more than built-in 4,000 templates which can be used for making 70 different types of diagrams.
Download Link: https://www.smartdraw.com/
Lucidchart is HTML-5 based UML tool which also offers real-time collaboration capabilities. It allows you to create a simple flowchart to complex technical diagrams. It runs on browser having HTML5. The tool does not require updates of any third party tools or plugins.
- Works with your team on any device across various platforms
- Allows you to connect live data with your diagrams or import data to automatically build organization charts
- Helps you to increase security and easily manage user accounts
- It is Integrated seamlessly with MS office, G suite, Atlassian, etc.
Download Link: https://www.lucidchart.com/
Cacoo is an online diagram and collaboration application for businesses to create flowcharts, wireframes, sitemaps, mind maps, and mockups.
- Let everyone to add their ideas while working with images, data, notes, or charts.
- You can draw a diagram from scratch or use readymade templates for inspiration.
- Integrate with Google Docs, Google Drive, AWS, Typetalk, Visio, Dropbox, and Slack.
Download Link: https://cacoo.com/
❓ What is Mind Mapping Software?
Mind mapping software is a computer tool that helps to organize information visually. Mind mapping tools are designed to represent the relationships between ideas and concepts graphically. Mind map tools are visual thinking programs that help you analyze, synthesize, recall, and generate new ideas effectively.
⚡ Which factors should you consider while selecting the Best Mind Map Software?
You should consider the following factors before selecting the Mindmap tool.
- Easy to use.
- Available templates.
- Quality of Customer support.
- Supported import and export file formats.
- License cost, if applicable.
- Product features meet your requirements.
- Hardware/Software requirements of the Mind Map Tool.
- Support and Update the policy of the tool.
- Reviews of the company.