Mind mapping tools are designed to represent the relationships between ideas and concepts graphically. These tools are visual thinking program which helps you to analyze, synthesize, recall, and generate new ideas in an effective way.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Mind Mapping Tools. The list contains Free as well commercial tools with popular features and latest download links.
Xmind is an integrated platform for brainstorming and mind mapping app. It is designed to generate ideas and inspire creativity. This software supports tree diagrams, fishbone diagrams, spreadsheets, etc.
- It offers Fishbone Chart, Matrix, Timeline, Org Chart
- Using a combination of different structures.
- You can make any graphic you want.
- Xmind allows you to access graphic anytime and anywhere.
- Export and share to Word, PDF, Excel, PPT, Project, FreeMind
Download Link: https://www.xmind.net/
Mindjet MindManager is a software that allows you to organize your day, run your project, and manage your team. Mindjet offers you to build an innovative program using mind mapping, big data analytics, and game mechanics to create the best ideas and operationalize them in the market.
- It allows you to quickly capture information and idea.
- Track priorities, deliverables, resources, dependencies, and due dates.
- It offers you to integrate the information on a unified dashboard.
- Manage everything from brainstorming to planning.
Download Link: https://www.mindjet.com/mindmanager/
Mindomo is an online collaborative concept mapping, mind mapping, and outlining software. With this software, you can achieve your goals by visually mapping ideas, plans, and interests.
- Unregistered users can see the maps shared by register users.
- Allows you to map concepts by connecting dots.
- Provides a way to create a blueprint of your plans.
- You can keep the team engage with collaborative online Gantt charts.
Download Link: https://www.mindomo.com/
- The software automatically adds contextual information as well as images.
- Frictionless interface helps you focus
- Enable you to add longer text, spreadsheets, and videos to your mind maps.
- Allows you to save to Google Drive and manage using Google Apps
- You can add icons and images to map.
- User can control sharing settings.
Download Link: https://www.mindmup.com/
Coggle is a browser-based mind mapper which produces hierarchically structured documents. This contrasts with many other collaborative applications like Google Docs, that provide either a spreadsheet or text document format.
- Enable you to produce beautiful notes quickly and easily.
- Offers real-time collaboration
- User can upload unlimited Image
- Add images text, labels, and annotate parts of your mind map
- Anyone can make changes in the diagram without any login.
Download Link: https://coggle.it/
TheBrain is a mind mapping tool from TheBrain Technologies. It uses a dynamic graphical interface which maps network relationships. It allows you to capture all that intelligence when you need it.
- Offer an instant way to share documents, web pages, notes, and images.
- Control tasks and open loops ideas in your brain.
- Sync your idea from your desktop, mobile device, or web browser anytime.
Download Link: https://www.thebrain.com/
Venngage the perfect way to visualize any topic that has many steps, nodes, or subsections. Create an engaging mind map with an online mind map maker.
- Allows you to color-coded points
- You can choose a font which is both readable and aesthetically pleasing.
- It offers professionally designed mind map templates to create maps easily.
- Put countless ideas or points.
- Download mind map as a PNG or PDF file and share it to social media websites.
Download Link: https://venngage.com/features/mind-map-maker
DrakonHub is an online diagramming tool which enables to create clear flowcharts, checklists, and mind maps. It is designed for, business user, managers, and software developers to create visual business processes. DrakonHub supports tablet and real time editing.
- It follows ergonomic standards which rid diagrams of the visual noise.
- Divide the diagram into various logical parts with the image of animal, object, or person.
- It allows you to arrange your mind maps in a specific order.
- You can add the boxes, and DrakonHub will automatically draw the lines.
Download Link: https://drakonhub.com/
MindMeister is a mind mapping tool that allows users to visualize, share, and present their thoughts. This collaborative application offers impressive graphical techniques to help users brainstorm, take notes, create project plans, and perform other tasks online.
- MindMeister enables you to share your mind maps with as many people as you want and collaborate with them in real-time.
- It has a built-in presentation mode that helps you to turn mind maps into dynamic slideshows in less time.
- It integrates with the intuitive online task as well as a project management app for groups.
- People in different places can work together and solve issues in real-time.
Download Link: https://www.mindmeister.com/
Padlet is an online blank board that can be used by invited people to collaborate in collecting ideas and sharing information. It is a tool for creating beautiful boards, documents, and webpages that are easy to read.
- It lets you invite users to add content, comment, and make changes in real-time.
- This software enables you to add photos, documents, weblinks, videos, and music.
- Allows you to select a readymade template or go with a blank slate.
- It enables you to share padlet with colleagues, classmates, friends, and family.
Download Link: https://padlet.com/
Bubbl.us is an online brainstorming application. This browser-based tool is good for project planning brainstorming and collaboration. The tool uses Macromedia Flash that can be accessed via browser to eliminate the need of installing any software.
- It is an entirely web-based application.
- It lets you save your mind map as an image
- You can create a colorful and engaging mind map
- The software helps you to understand better using presentation
Download Link: https://bubbl.us/
Ayoa is a tool for generating the idea and collaborating with others. It is a mind mapping, task management, and chat application that allows individuals and teams to create unique mind maps quickly.
- It enables you to adjust the appearance of your branches and connectors.
- You can add files and images directly onto your branches.
- It helps you to convert your ideas into tasks.
- You can add emoji reactions to branches
- It offers a way to organize your map by placing categories around branches.
Download Link: https://www.ayoa.com/
SmartDraw is a diagram tool for making and organizing flowcharts, mind maps, project charts, and other business visuals. This tool is used by organizations and companies in order to document processes, manage plan strategies as well as projects.
- SmartDraw is easier to use than the standard drawing tools included in G Suite and Microsoft Office.
- It can be run on any tablet or computer.
- It has thousands of templates and symbols to choose from.
- The software lets you create chart-based and schematic diagrams.
- The software contains more than built-in 4,000 templates which can be used for making 70 different types of diagrams.
Download Link: https://www.smartdraw.com/
Microsoft Visio is a diagramming tool which allows you to create simple as well as complex diagrams according to your business needs. Visio also enables you to create detailed organization charts, floor plans, pivot diagrams, etc.
- Enable you to work on a variety of diagrams at the same time.
- VISIO Provides diagramming capabilities to prepare various business engineering Software, and Database Architecture easily.
- The tool allows you to capture the information in ways that are valuable for you and your business.
- The web version of Visio helps you to work together on diagrams from any web browser.
- Provide support for creating varieties of diagramming shapes.
Miro is a collaboration tool that allows teams to centralize their cross-functional teamwork. Miro is a quick and easy way for a team to capture, manage, map user stories wireframe, plan script, and structure their thoughts.
- It provides real-time collaborative drawing
- The tool has an infinite virtual whiteboard to complete any visual task like agile planning, project management, and design iteration.
- Built-in comments, video, chat, and @mentions for seamless communication.
- Integrate more than 20 tools, including InVision, Confluence, Slack, Google Drive, Jira, and more.
Download Link: https://miro.com/
Lucidchart is HTML-5 based UML tool which also offers real-time collaboration capabilities. It allows you to create a simple flowchart to complex technical diagrams. It runs on browser having HTML5. The tool does not require updates of any third party tools or plugins.
- Works with your team on any device across various platforms
- Allows you to connect live data with your diagrams or import data to automatically build organization charts
- Helps you to increase security and easily manage user accounts
- It is Integrated seamlessly with MS office, G suite, Atlassian, etc.
Download Link: https://www.lucidchart.com/
Creately is a simple web-based diagram software. It has powerful smart objects, contextual interface, and special tools help the user to draw diagrams quicker compared to other software like Visio.
- Allows you to sync diagrams into both online and desktop platform.
- Enable you to give permission to a specific person to make changes on diagrams.
- Publish your diagram through Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- It has more than 1000 built-in images
Download Link: https://creately.com/
Cacoo is an online diagram and collaboration application for businesses to create flowcharts, wireframes, sitemaps, mind maps, and mockups.
- Let everyone to add their ideas while working with images, data, notes, or charts.
- You can draw a diagram from scratch or use readymade templates for inspiration.
- Integrate with Google Docs, Google Drive, AWS, Typetalk, Visio, Dropbox, and Slack.
Download Link: https://cacoo.com/