Security Information and Event Management tool is a software solution that aggregates and analyses activity from various resources across your entire IT infrastructure.
SIEM tool collects security data from network servers, devices, domain controllers, and more. This type of software also helps you store, normalize, aggregate, and apply analytics to these data to discover trends.
Following is a handpicked list of Top SIEM tool with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) software.
Best SIEM tool
SolarWinds Security Event Manager is a tool that helps you to improve your computer security. This application can automatically detect threats, monitor security policies, and protect your network. SolarWinds allow you to keep track of your log files with ease and receive instant alerts if anything suspicious happens.
- This network security software has inbuilt integrity monitoring.
- This is one of the best SIEM tools which helps you to manage your memory stick storage
- It has an intuitive user interface and dashboard.
- SolarWinds contains integrated compliance reporting tools.
- It has a centralized log collection.
- The tool can find and respond to threats faster.
Paessler security vulnerability assessment tool has an advanced infrastructure management capability. The tool monitors IT infrastructure using technologies like WMI, SNMP, Sniffing, REST APIs, SQL, etc.
- You can get the numbers, statistics, and graphs for the data you are going to monitor or configure.
- Allows you to monitor jFlow, sFlow, IP SLA, Firewall, IP, LAN, Wi-Fi, Jitter, and IPFIX.
- It provides alerts via email, plays alarm audio files, or triggering HTTP requests.
- The tool offers Multiple user web interfaces.
- It has automated failover handling.
- Offers centralized monitoring solution
- It is one of the best SIEM tools that allow you to visualize your network using maps.
- Paessler allows you to monitor networks in various locations.
3) Splunk Enterprise Security
Spunk is a software platform widely used to monitor, search, analyze, and visualize the machine-generated data. It captures, indexes and connects real-time data in a searchable container, and produces graphs, dashboard, alerts, and visualizations.
- Accelerate Development & Testing
- Reduces time to detect
- Enhances visibility and responsiveness with focused threat detection and accelerated incident investigation.
- Investigates and correlate activities across multi-cloud and on-premises in one unified view.
- Allows you to build Real-time Data Applications
- Improves Security Operations.
- Agile statistics and reports with Real-time architecture
- Offers search, analysis, and visualization capabilities to empower users of all types.
4) IBM QRadar
IBM QRadar is a market-leading SIEM platform. It provides security monitoring of your entire IT infrastructure through log data collection, event correlation, and threat detection.
This free SIEM tool helps you to prioritize security alerts that use threat intelligence and vulnerabilities databases. It offers an inbuilt risk management solution which supports integration with antiviruses, IDS/IPS, and access control systems.
- Offers advanced rule correlation engine and behavioral profiling technology.
- It is a versatile and highly scalable platform that offers functionality and presets for different use cases.
- Provide a solid ecosystem of integrations by IBM, third-party vendors, and the community.
5) AT&T Cybersecurity AlienVault Unified Security Management
AT&T Cybersecurity offers the AlienVault Unified Security Management solution that combines SIEM and logs management capabilities with other essential security tools. This includes asset discovery, vulnerability assessment, and intrusion detection.
- Enterprises can observe all the security threats all together in a single pane of glass.
- AT&T provides managed threat detection and response
- Investigates threats more seriously with advanced security analytics.
- Provides Incident response with 3rd-party security & operations tools
- Offers log management and event management
- Unified management console for security monitoring technologies
- Stay vigilant with threat intelligence updates from AT&T Alien Labs
Exabeam Data Lake is a big data platform. This SIEM tool is combined with an interface designed for security analysts to make it easy to maintain. It has advanced analytics that uses session data models and machine learning.
- Allows you to Store every last security event
- Timelines make it easy to detect suspicious users or devices.
- The Incident responder takes advantage of pre-defined playbooks.
- It is one of the best SIEM solutions help you to Identify insider threat.
- Collect data from cloud services.
7) Datadog Security Monitoring
Datadog is a cloud-based system monitoring. This package includes security monitoring. The security features of the system are contained in a specialized module.
Datadog is a full SIEM system because it monitors not only live events but also collects log file entries. The service collects information through an agent that uploads each record to the Datadog server.
- Real-time security event and detection
- It offers 400 vendor integrations
- This is one of the best SIEM solutions that helps you observe metrics, traces, logs, and more from one dashboard.
- You can start detecting threats with default out-of-the-box rules for widespread attacker techniques.
- It offers a menu of specialized modules, and all of them can be deployed individually or as a suite.
- Solid out-of-the-box pre-configured detection rules.
- Allows you to break silos down between developers, security, and operation teams.
8) LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Platform
LogRhythmi is one of the best SIEM products used for behavioral analysis to log correlation and artificial intelligence for machine learning. It offers hyperlinks to various features in order to aid you in your journey.
- AI-based log system
- Helps your team to align technology and processes to uncover threats more efficiently
- It helps you detect threats earlier and faster.
- Provide more visibility across your environment.
- Offers flexible deployment options to wensure that you get the best fit for your organization.
- Log file management
- Guided analysis
9) McAfee Enterprise Security Manager
McAfee Enterprise is an automated log management and helps you analyze the suite for all types of events, databases, and applications.
McAfee SIEM service allows companies to collect a wide range of logs across multiple devices with ease. The McAfee SIEM service firm to manage a wide range of records across multiple devices with ease.
- Easy to access and simple to use
- Helps support collecting, signing, compressing, and storing all events.
- Get access to business technical support and enterprise tech support.
- Offers advanced analytics
- It can collect, sign, and store log type in its original content.
- Allows you to monitor and analyze security infrastructure.
- This SIEM software offers two-way integration.
10) Micro Focus ArcSight ESM
The ArcSight ESM provides real-time threat detection and automated response with open and intelligent SIEM (Security Information and Event Management). It offers a one-click reporting facility. This log management software has a user-friendly environment.
- ArcSight helps you to improve advanced threat detection and response through cross-team collaboration.
- Provide rapid response to threats which is critical for Next-Gen SecOps.
- Enables your SOC with a swift, efficient threat response.
- Leading data collection framework that connects to all your security event devices.
- Filter search results using an intuitive menu.
- It allows you to reduce the storage cost of your log files.
- It automatically detects Syslog (System Logging Protocol)
11) FireEye Helix
FireEye Helix allows you to protect against advanced threats. Organizations need to just integrate it with their security and apply the right expertise and processes. It is a cloud-hosted security operations platform that allows organizations to control any incident from alert to fix.
- Next-gen event management and behavioral analysis
- Detect advanced threats.
- Enables rapid, scalable, and cost-efficient deployment across cloud, on-premises, and hybrid environments
- It is one of the best SIEM product which offers Improved threat and vulnerability detection
- Surface answers from your data with next-generation security analytics.
- Accelerates incident response
12) RSA NetWitness
RSA NetWitness is a single, unified platform for all your security data. It automatically responds to intrusions that have bypassed preventative controls. This tool provides real-time visibility into all your network traffic with full packet capture. RSA SIEM product offers a the best enhancement roadmap and IR hotline support.
- Logs offer you instant visibility into log data spread across your entire IT environment
- It provides complete visibility into activity across all of your endpoints and across all your network.
- This automation solution is designed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your security operations center.
13) Sumo Logic
Sumo Logic is an easy-to-use SIEM tool to analyze and make sense of log data. It combines security analytics with integrated threat intelligence for advanced security analytics. It helps you to monitor, secure, troubleshoot cloud applications and infrastructures.
- Build, run, and secure Azure Hybrid applications
- Sumo Logic Cloud SIEM Enterprise provides security analysts with enhanced visibility.
- Provides cloud-native and machine data analytics service for time series metrics and log management.
- This SIEM software uses an elastic cloud to scale infinitely.
- Offers Automated Security Operations
- It provides elastic scalability for all of your on-premise, multi-cloud, and hybrid data sources.
- It helps you to drive business value and growth.
- Offers a platform for continuous real-time integration
- Remove friction from the application lifecycle.
Securonix offers a cloud-first next-generation SIEM with compelling detection and response ROI and zeroes infrastructure to manage. This SIEM solution provides a single pane of glass for detection and response in the cloud, where a company's data resides.
- Cloud-native Infrastructure for multi-tenancy
- Built-in cloud application integrations
- Offers features of entity behavior analytics
- It helps you with an attack identification by linking together a chain of related events
- Advanced analytics learn and evolve your processes to help you stay ahead of the attackers.
- Decreases mean time to respond to threats
15) Tripwire Log Center
Tripwire Long Center is one of the best SIEM tools for vulnerability scanning. This SIEM tool allows you to protect the integrity of mission-critical systems spanning virtual, physical DevOps, and cloud environments.
It helps you deliver critical security controls, including security configuration management, vulnerability management, log management, and asset discovery.
- Modular architecture that scales to your deployments and needs.
- Helps automate Compliance Evidence
- Filters Relevant and Actionable Data
- It offers reliable reporting and real-time visibility.
- Filters Relevant and Actionable Data
- The tool has prioritized risk scoring features.
- Accurately identify, search, and profiles all assets on your network.
Powertech Event Manager integrates the issues detected by Vityl IT and Business Monitoring. This allows security analysts to act decisively based on the knowledge of every technology in your environment.
- Streamlined Incident Response
- Normalization of Disparate Data Sources
- Real-time Threat Detection
- Streamlined Incident Response
- Security and Compliance Reporting
- Other technology solution can align with this SIEM tool.
EventTracker is the SIEM platform that offers capabilities like log management, threat detection, response, and Vulnerability Assessment capabilities. It helps you to do entity behavior analysis, security orchestration, automation, and compliance. It provides customizable dashboard tiles and automated workflows.
- Generates rule-based alerts in real-time.
- Security Event Prioritization
- Normalization of disparate data sources
- It also provides scalable views for small screens and SOC displays.
- Offers real-time processing and correlation
- It offers 1500 pre-defined security and compliance reports included.
- It offer SIEM solutions that helps you with SOC capabilities, optimized responsive display, and faster elastic search in a single pane of glass
- It allows you to pre-configure the alerts for multiple security and operational conditions.
DNIF is a security analyzing tool that helps you to manage your log without any hassle. This tool can detect all kinds of unknown threats. It allows you to analyze indemnity trends based on historical analysis.
- It can detect suspicious activity.
- Machine learning-powered analytics
- Supports customization of API.
- Offers effective, intuitive workflows.
- Automates the proactive threat hunting process
- The tool can manage your data securely.
- You can easily set up the software.
- It uses machine learning data analytics to know unusual activities
19) Elastic (ELK) Stack
The ELK Stack is a collection of three open-source products: Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana. They are all managed, developed, and maintained by Elastic. ELK Stack is designed to allow users to take the data from any source, in any format, and search, analyze, and visualize those data in real time.
- ELK works best when logs from various Apps of an enterprise converge into a single ELK instance
- It provides insights for the single instance and also eliminates the need to log into a hundred different log data sources
- Rapid on-premise installation
- Easy to deploy and scales vertically and horizontally
- Availability of libraries for different programming and scripting languages.
20) Graylog Enterprise
Graylog is an open-source and free log file-based system having a graphical user interface. It includes a query and search function that allows you to filter log records according to your convenience. This security application consists of a dashboard to see the detailed record.
- It offers a faster alert on cyber threats.
- This tool analyzes the data and provides an effective incident response.
- It helps you to eliminate complexity
- Identifies and stops threats
- Graylog provides you with alerts and intuitive reports on data.
- It collects, organizes, and analyzes data.
- The application has features for fault tolerance, audit logs, and role-based access control.
Logsign is a next-gen Security Information and Event Management solution that combines Security Intelligence, Log Management, and Compliance. It is a SIEM solution which offers integrated Security Orchestration, Automation.
- Offers simple Deployment
- Built-in 200+ Integrations
- Cluster Architecture with Redundancy
- Massive Scalability and High Availability
- Multi-Machine Correlation
- On-time Detection and Response
- Dashboards and Reports
- Orchestration and Automation
- Interactive investigation
- Communication-driven Case Management
- Faster Response Time, re-gained human time and cost.
22) Insight IDR
Rapid7 InsightIDR is a SIEM platform that gives you the confidence to detect and respond to security incidents faster. It Enables security analysts to work more efficiently and effectively by unifying diverse data sources, providing early and reliable out of the box detections, authentication monitoring, and endpoint visibility.
- Deploy and see the data value in days, not months
- Offers complete visibility of your environment
- Provide a feature of security center for incident detection and response
- Log Management and Search
- Endpoint Detection and Visibility
- User Behavioral Analytics and Attacker Behavior Analytics
❓ What is the SIEM?
SIEM provides real-time analysis of security alerts by applications and network hardware. The SIEM stands for Security Information and Event Management system. This includes services like Log Management, Security Event correlation, Security Information management, etc.
⚡ Why SIEM is required?
- SIEM tools are designed to use the log data to generate insights into past attacks and events.
- A SIEM identifies an attack that has happened and checks how and why it happened.
- SIEM detects attack activity and assesses the threat based on the past behavior of the network.
- A SIEM system provides an ability to distinguish between legitimate use and a malicious attack.
- SIEM tool also allows to increase a system's incident protection and avoid damage to network structures and virtual properties.
- SIEM tool also helps companies to comply with a variety of industry cyber management regulations.
- SIEM systems provide the best way to meet this regulatory requirement and provide transparency over logs.
✔️ How much does SIEM cost?
SIEMs are deployed across various industries: financial, healthcare, retail, and manufacturing sectors, which all cover various types of cost structure. Here are the cost which is associated with any SIEM system.
- Hardware: SIEM appliance costs or server costs for installation
- Software: It covers the cost of SIEM software or agents for data collection
- Support: Regular annual costs of maintenance of software and appliance.
- Professional Services: It includes professional services for installation and ongoing tuning.
- Intelligence Feeds: Threat intelligence feeds which provide information on adversaries
- Personnel: It includes the cost to manage and monitor a SIEM implementation.
- Personnel Annual Training: Cost of training the personnel annually on security certifications or other security-related training courses.
However, you need to remember that the cost of each of the above categories will vary depending upon the technology of choice
❓ How does SIEM work?
A SIEM mainly works with closely related purposes: to collect, analyze, store, investigate, and develop reports on log and other data. These reports are used for incident response, forensics, and regulatory compliance purposes.
It also helps you analyse the event data in real time, allowing for early detection of targeted attacks, advanced threats, and data breaches.
Incorporated threat intelligence helps advanced analytics to correlate events that could signal a cyberattack is underway. The system will alert you about the threat and suggest responses to mitigate the attack, like shutting down access to data or machines and applying a missing patch or update.
❗ Difference between SIM, SEM, SIEM.
Here are the important difference between the three terms SIM, SEM, and SIEM:
| Parameter || SIM ||SEM ||SIEM |
|Full Name ||Security Information Management ||Security Event Management ||Security Information and Event Management |
|Use For ||It is used for the collection and analysis of security-related data from computer logs. ||Real-time threat analysis, visualization, and incident response. ||SIEM combines SIM and SEM capabilities. |
|Features ||Easy to deploy, Offers the best log management capabilities. ||Complex to deploy. It offers superior real-time monitoring. ||Complex to deploy but offers complete functionality. |
|Example Tools ||OSSIM ||NetlQ Sentinel ||Splunk Enterprise Security. |
⚡ How to select the best SIEM solution?
Here are some most important points that you need to remember while choosing the best SIEM solution for your business.
- It should be able to improve your log collection abilities. This is basic but important, as you want software that enhances how you collect and manage logs.
- You should look for a tool that helps with auditing and reporting as the SIEM tool is a correct way to step up your game in this area.
- Look for helpful, drill-down analytics capabilities.
- You should look for a tool that provides an automatic response feature.