15 Best FREE Download Manager for Windows 10 PC (2021)
A download manager is a software that helps you to prioritize your downloads, faster download speeds, automatic antivirus checking, support for pausing and resuming downloads, and also offers built in scheduler. This software may be built into a web browser or as a stand-alone manager.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Download Manager for Windows PC, Mac, and Linux with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) software.
Best Downloader Software for PC: Top Picks
|Download Manager||Free Trial||Link|
|Free Download Manager||✅||Learn More|
|Internet Download Manager||✅||Learn More|
|Ninja Download Manager||✅||Learn More|
|Download Accelerator Plus (DAP)||✅||Learn More|
1) Free Download Manager
Free Download Manager is a tool that helps you to adjust traffic usage, organize downloads. It is one of the best download manager for PC which helps you to control file torrents priorities, and download large files, and resume broken downloads.
- It offers BitTorrent Support.
- It helps you to splits files into several sections and downloads them simultaneously.
- It allows you to create new downloads or view the list of active and completed downloads.
- You can enhance audio/video file support.
- Smart file management and powerful scheduler.
- This free downloader app for PC allows you to resume broken downloads from where it was interrupted.
Internet Download Manager, also known as IDM, is a tool that helps you to increase download speeds by up to 5 times. You can also resume and schedule downloads.
- Easy to use graphic user interface makes IDM user friendly and easy to use Internet
- IDM allows you to resume unfinished download from the place where they left off.
- You can download scheduler with queues.
- Multi-threaded downloads.
- Info rich download dashboard.
- Chrome, Firefox, Edge browser integration.
- High-speed background downloading.
- Download speed acceleration.
- It is one of the best free download manager that supports advanced Browser Integration.
- Dynamic segmentation.
3) Ninja Download Manager
Ninja download manage is a simple, fast, and elegant tool. It is one of the best download software for PC that offers total download control to you. This download manager allows you to download using HTTP, Socks4, or Socks5 proxy servers.
- Increase download speeds by up to 20 times faster with the help of multiple simultaneous connections.
- It helps you to manger your downloads in queues by setting specific download limits and schedules.
- Allows you to schedule downloads.
- It offers sequential file writing.
- Pause and resume downloads.
4) Download Accelerator Plus (DAP)
Download Accelerator Plus also called DAP, is the fastest free download Accelerator tool. It is one of the best software downloader that allows you to download files in the fastest possible way easily.
- Offers the richest mirroring servers' database.
- A multi-thread acceleration engine.
- Free video download.
- Download videos from any video site.
- Easily grow your iTunes music library.
- Download videos and convert them to MP3 music files
- 100% Free download manager.
DownThemAll is an easy-to-use extension that adds new advanced download capabilities to your browser.
This download manager PC lets you download all the links or images on a website and much more.
- Complete integration with Mozilla Firefox.
- It offers options for advanced auto-renaming.
- You can customize the time-out interval, as well as the maximum number of simultaneous downloads.
- Pause and resume your downloads.
- It allows you to downloads the files of a page using the last renaming mask and filters.
6) GetGo Download Manager
GetGo is a browser extension to detect and download the files from the web browser. It works with Firefox and Chrome browser. This download manager is also integrated with a web video downloader.
- It helps you to detect and download web videos.
- It provides a flexible Download Scheduler.
- Multi-Threaded download engine.
- It allows you to pause and resume broken downloads.
EagleGet has an attractive and modern interface; it's free, easy to use, fully configurable tool. It comes with some extra tools that will make other media-related programs on your desktop redundant.
- Download files in Chrome, Firefox, and Opera with one click.
- This free download manager Windows 10 supports MMS, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, and RTSP protocols.
- Built-in download scheduler for multiple queues.
- Batch downloads function with clipboard capture.
- Offers support drag-and-drop to rearrange the priority of downloads.
- Verify the integrity of downloaded files.
- Flexible notification and configurations.
- Supports multi-language interface
- Import download lists from other download managers.
- Customizable user interface.
The uGet Project started back as UrlGet and, throughout the years, has had a few name variations until we settled on uGet. It is one of the best download manager for Windows 10 that works distributions that, but users will also need to add the GTK+3 packages to their system.
- It allows you to download files in segments to increase the speed of download.
- Browser integration for Firefox, Google Chrome, Chromium, Opera, and Vivaldi.
- It allows the user to add an unlimited amount of files.
- uGet download manager APK offers the ability to download videos from YouTube.
- uGet offers the ability to use the command-line (via a terminal) to download files.
- Pause and resume downloads.
- Supports downloading from anonymous FTP.
9) Advanced Download Manager
ADM is an (android download manager) is a software that allows you to download up to three files simultaneously from the Internet. This download manager app helps you to accelerate downloading by using multithreading.
- This download manager in Android allows you to download three files simultaneously.
- Smart algorithm for increased speed of downloading.
- This file download manager helps you to download files in the background and resume after failure.
- You can change the maximum speed in real time.
- Video downloader and music downloader.
- Resuming of interrupted downloads.
- Support files more than 2 Giga byte.
10) Internet Download Accelerator
Internet Download Accelerator effectively solves two of the major problems while downloading files for the Internet. It helps you to speed-up, resume broken downloads.
- Offers site manager for password and downloads folders management.
- Helps you control, automatic mode for the most comfortable browsing on the Web.
- Dial for dial-up connection
- Search for files, programs, games, and music.
11) Xtreme Download Manager
Xtreme is another useful Download Manager tool. It helps you to increase download speed. It allows you to save streaming videos from Facebook, YouTube, DailyMotion, and Google.
- It allows you to download any streaming video.
- This download manager can accelerate downloads by up to 5 times using intelligent dynamic file segmentation technology.
- Support for the proxy server, authentication, and other advanced features.
JDownloader is an easy-to-use and open-source download management tool with a huge community of developers that makes downloading easy.
- Completely Open-Source (GPL).
- Download several files at once with multiple connections.
- It offers automatic extractor (including password list search).
- It offers theme and multilingual Support.
- This downloader app for PC allows you to reconnect with JDLiveHeaderScripts.
GetRight is a fast download manager that helps you to optimize the files you download from the Internet. It accelerates downloads by getting data from several servers at once.
- It helps you to recover downloads files that are interrupted for any reason.
- Works within your web browser.
- It offers advanced downloading technology for both the novice and the experts.
- This download manager tool supports HTTPS, HTTP, FTP, FTPS, and BitTorrent files.
14) Website Ripper Copier
Website Ripper Copier is an all-purpose, high-speed website downloader software to save website data. It helps you to extract website files of a specific size and type.
- Download an entire website or copy a website partially to a local drive for offline browsing.
- Enjoy instant offline viewing of retrieved sites with your preferred Web browser.
- Automate and schedule archiving of websites at any time.
- It allows you to save time, no more clicking page by page, to download website data.
- Browse Web pages at the fastest speeds.
- It helps you to lower your risk of getting viruses or being spied.
- You can burn website data to DVDs, CDs, etc.
iGetter is a full-featured download manager and accelerator. This download manager can significantly improve the speed of your downloads using segmented downloading. It helps you to auto resume on broken downloads.
- Help you to schedule your download.
- It allows exploration of the entire web or FTP sites.
- You can use queue filters to sort your downloads by folder, type, and status.
- Helps you to accelerated Downloading.
❓ What is a Download manager software?
A download manager is a software that helps you to manage the downloading of files from the Internet. This software may be built into a web browser or as a stand-alone manager.
🏅 What are the important features of the download manager?
Here, are important features of Download manager:
- It supports popular browsers
- It should allow download with a single click.
- Offers fast download speed
- Download can be resumed.
- Simple installation wizard.
- Automatic Antivirus checking.
- Advanced Browser Integration.
- Built-in Scheduler.
- Fast, secure downloads
- Easy-to-use interface
- Helps you to prioritize queued downloads
- Interrupted download resumption
- Support for pausing and resuming downloads
- Support for proxy server configuration
⚡ How does download manager work?
Download management tool divides your file into a number of parts and downloads them simultaneously on your PC.
These downloaded parts are saved temporarily on your hard disk. Later on, when you try to play them, the software combines all the parts and brings back the original file which you have downloaded.
💻 Which are the Best Download Manager for PC?
Following are some of the best download manager for PC:
- Free Download Manager
- Internet Download Manager
- Ninja Download Manager
- Download Accelerator Plus (DAP)
- GetGo Download Manager
❗ When to use to download manager?
Here, are some situation when you should use download manager:
- It is helpful when you have multiple people sharing the same connection.
- Download managers help you to overcome bandwidth controls.
- IDM gives you the option of capturing any media playing on a webpage.