Data mining is looking for hidden, valid, and all the possible useful patterns in large size data sets. Data Mining is a technique which helps you to discover unsuspected/undiscovered relationships amongst the data for business gains.
There, are many useful tools available for Data mining. Following is a curated list of Top handpicked Data Mining software with popular features and latest download links. This comparison data mining tools list contains open source as well as commercial tools.
Top Data Mining Tools (Free/Paid Software)
1) SAS Data mining
Statistical Analysis System is a product of SAS. It was developed for analytics and data management. It is one of the best data mining programs which offers a graphical UI for non technical users.
- SAS Data mining tools help you to analyze Big data
- It is an ideal tool for Data mining, text mining & optimization.
- SAS offers distributed memory processing architecture which is highly scalable
Zoho Analytics is a self-service business intelligence and analytics platform. It allows users to create insightful dashboards and visually analyze any data in minutes. It features an AI powered assistant that enables users to ask questions and get intelligent answers in the form of meaningful reports.
- 100+ readymade connectors for popular business apps, cloud drives and databases.
- Wide variety of visualization options–charts, pivot tables, summary views, KPI widgets and custom themed dashboards.
- Unified business analytics for analyzing data from across business apps.
- Augmented analytics using AI, ML and NLP.
- White label BI portals and embedded analytics solutions.
Teradata is a massively parallel open processing system for developing large-scale data warehousing applications. Teradata can run on Unix/Linux/Windows server platform.
- Teradata Optimizer can handle up to 64 joins in a query.
- Tera data has a low total cost of ownership. It is easy to set up, maintain, and administrate.
- It supports SQL to interact with the data stored in tables. It provides its extension.
- It helps you to distribute the data to the disks automatically with no manual intervention.
- Teradata provides load & unload utilities to move data into/from Teradata System.
Download link: https://www.teradata.in/Products/Cloud/IntelliCloud
R is a language for statistical computing and graphics. It also used for big data analysis. It provides a wide variety of statistical tests.
- Effective data handling and storage facility,
- It provides a suite of operators for calculations on arrays, in particular, matrices,
- It provides a coherent, integrated collection of big data tools for data analysis
- It provides graphical facilities for data analysis which display either on-screen or on hardcopy.
Download link: https://www.r-project.org/
Board is a Management Intelligence Toolkit. It combines features of business intelligence and corporate performance management. It is designed to deliver business intelligence and business analytics in a single package.
- Allows you to Analyze, simulate, plan and predict using a single platform
- To build customized analytical and planning applications.
- Board All-In-One combines BI, Corporate Performance Management, and Business Analytics.
- It empowers businesses to develop and maintain sophisticated analytical and planning applications.
- The proprietary platform helps to report by accessing multiple data sources.
Download link: https://www.board.com/en
Dundas is an enterprise-ready Data mining tool which can be used for building and viewing interactive dashboards, reports, etc. You can deploy Dundas BI as the central data portal for the organization.
- Server application with full product functionality
- Integrate and access all kind of data sources
- Customizable data visualizations
- Smart drag and drop tools
- Visualize data through maps
- Predictive and advanced data analytics
Download link: http://www.dundas.com/support/dundas-bi-free-trial
Inetsoft’s Data mining tool style Intelligence is useful data mining and intelligence platform. It allows the quick and flexible transformation of data from various sources.
- It helps you to access structured and semi-structured sources, on-premise applications
- Allows you to optimize apps for data consumption and updating
- Offer customized and secure levels of data exploration and reporting.
- Scale up for large data sets of users using Inbuilt Spark platform
- Generate paginated reports with embedded business logic and parameterization
Download link: https://www.inetsoft.com/products/StyleIntelligence/
H2O is another excellent open source software Data mining tool. It is used to perform data analysis on the data held in cloud computing application systems.
- H2O allows you to take advantage of the computing power of distributed systems and in-memory computing
- It allows fast and easy deployment into production with Java and binary format.
- It helps you to use the programming languages like R,
- Python and others to build a model in H2O
- Distributed, In-memory Processing
Download link: https://www.h2o.ai/
Qlik is Data mining and visualization tool. It also offers dashboards and Supports multiple data sources and file types.
- Drag-and-drop interfaces to create flexible, interactive data visualizations
- Instantly respond to interactions and changes.
- Supports multiple data sources and file types
- It allows easy security for data and content across all devices.
- It allows you to share relevant analyses, including apps and stories, using a centralized hub.
Download link: https://www.qlik.com/us/products/qlik-sense
RapidMiner is a free to use Data mining tool. It is used for data prep, machine learning, and model deployment. This free data mining software offers a range of products to build new data mining processes and predictive setup analysis.
- Allow multiple data management methods
- GUI or batch processing
- Integrates with in-house databases
- Interactive, shareable dashboards
- Big Data predictive analytics
- Remote analysis processing
- Data filtering, joining, merging, and aggregating
- Build, train and validate predictive models
- Reports and triggered notifications
Download link: https://my.rapidminer.com/nexus/account/index.html#downloads
11) Oracle BI
Oracle BI is an open source machine learning and data visualization for novice and expert. Interactive data analysis workflows with a large toolbox.
- Interactive Data Visualization.
- It Offers Interactive data exploration for rapid qualitative analysis with clean visualizations.
- Orange supports hands-on training and visual illustrations of concepts from data science.
- It offers an extensive range of add-ons to data mining from external data sources.
Download link: https://orange.biolab.si/
KNIME is open source software for creating data science applications and services. It is one of the best tools for data mining that helps you to understand data and to design data science workflows.
- Helps you to build an end to end data science workflows
- Blend data from any source
- Allows you to aggregate, sort, filter, and join data either on your local machine, in-database or in distributed big data environments.
- Build machine learning models for classification, regression, dimension reduction
Download link: https://www.knime.com/software-overview
Tangra is a free to use data mining tool for study and research purposes. It offers various data mining methods from statistical learning, data analysis, and machine learning.
- Offers easy to use data mining software for researcher and students
- It allows the user to add their data mining methods.
Download link: https://eric.univ-lyon2.fr/~ricco/tanagra/en/tanagra.html
Solver’s XLminer is easy to use professional level Data mining tool for data visualization, forecasting, and Data mining in Excel. It offers comprehensive set of data preparation features to import and clean your data.
- XLMiner offers a comprehensive set of analysis features based both on statistical and machine learning methods.
- The tool allows you to work with large data sets which may exceed the limits in Excel.
- It offers built-in features for data exploration and visualization.
- Exploring data offers quick insights into hidden relationships in the data.
Download link: https://www.solver.com/xlminer-data-mining
Sisense is another effective Data mining tool. It is one of the best data mining software tools that instantly analyzes and visualizes both big and disparate datasets. It is an ideal tool for creating dashboards with a wide variety of visualizations.
- Allows to build interactive dashboards with no tech skills
- Create a single version of the truth with seamless data
- Unify unrelated data into one centralized place
- East drag-and-drop user interface
- Allows to access dashboards even in the mobile device
- Eye-grabbing visualization
- Identifies critical metrics using filtering and calculations
- Handles large scale data at a single commodity server
Download link: https://www.sisense.com/
16) Data Melt
DataMelt is a free to use tool for numeric computation, mathematics, data analysis, and data visualization. This program offers you the simplicity of scripting languages, like Python, Ruby, Groovy with the power of hundreds of Java packages.
- DataMelt offers statistics, analysis of large data volumes, and scientific visualization.
- You can use it with different programming languages on different operating systems.
- It allows you to create high-quality vector-graphics images (EPS, SVG, PDF, etc.), which can be included in LaTeX and another text processor.
- Data Melt offers the usage of scripting languages, which are significantly faster than the standard Python implemented in C.
Download link: https://jwork.org/dmelt/
ELKI is an open source data mining tool written in Java. The tool allows us researching algorithms, with an emphasis on unsupervised methods in cluster analysis and outlier detection.
- ELKI offers an extensive collection of highly parameterizable algorithms
- It allows easy and fair evaluation and benchmarking of algorithms.
- ELKI provides data index structures such as the R*-tree which enhance the process of Data mining
Download link: https://elki-project.github.io/
SPMF is an open-source data mining library written in Java. It is distributed under the GPL license. It allows you to integrate source code with other Java Software.
- Allows association rule mining
- Supports sequential pattern and sequential rule mining
- Offers High-utility pattern mining,
- Time-series mining.
- Support complex process of Clustering and classification
Download link: http://www.philippe-fournier-viger.com/spmf/
Alteryx is a Business intelligence and analytics solutions for the enterprise. It is a specially designed tool for data analyst and business leaders.
- Analytics for Midsize Businesses
- It allows for Ad Hoc Analysis.
- Offers fast online Analytical Processing
- Automatic Scheduled Reporting
- Highly customizable Dashboard
Download link: https://www.alteryx.com/
20) Enterprise Miner
Enterprise Miner is a SAS software which offers you and cutting-edge algorithms designed to help you solve the most significant challenges and offers the best solutions for your business.
- Helps you to improve prediction accuracy. Share reliable results
- Easy-to-use GUI and batch processing
- Advanced predictive and descriptive modeling
- Offers Automated scoring
- Automate model deployment and scoring
Download link: https://www.sas.com/en_us/software/enterprise-miner.html
Datawatch Desktop is a Data mining and business intelligence solution. It allows you to focus on real-time data visualization. It offers tools to build and deploy their monitoring and analysis systems without the need to write a single line of code.
- Drag-and-drop feature allows users to build a customized view of data
- Identify trading anomalies
- Analyze how alternative scenarios will affect performance using historical data
22) Advanced miner
An advanced miner is a useful tool for data processing, analysis, and modeling. Its user-friendly workflow interface allows you to explore various types of data.
- Extracting and saving data from/to different database systems, files, and data transformations
- Offers various operations on data, like sampling, joining datasets, etc.
- Helps you to build statistical models, variable importance analysis, clustering analysis, etc.
- Easy and effective Models’ integration with external IT applications
Download link: https://algolytics.com/products/advancedminer/
23) Analytic Solver
Analytic Solver is free to use the point-and-click tool. It allows you to do risk analysis and prescriptive analytics in your browser. It offers full-power Data mining jobs.
- Helps you to incorporate uncertainty and solve with simulation optimization, stochastic programming, and robust optimization.
- Allows you to define the Monte Carlo simulation model using Excel formulas
Download link: https://www.solver.com/products-overview
PolyAnalyst is the Data mining and analytical tool for extracting actionable knowledge hidden and actual structured of the data.
- Helps you to access data from various sources and merge data from different sources
- You can select from a broad selection of statistical and machine-learning algorithms.
- Offers you to create stuffing report which can be summarized and communicate your insight
Download link: https://www.megaputer.com/polyanalyst/
Civis empowering you to make informed decisions with data scientist and decision market in mind. It allows your team to collaborate efficiently and find solutions faster.
- Offers architecture, products, and processes which helps you to protect your data
- You can configure with a library of data ingestion and ETL modules.
- Write code in a script, offers multiple scripts or jobs into a workflow, and define a workflow to run on a schedule.
- Allows you to turn your analysis and models into applications that run on a flexible, production-level infrastructure
Download link: https://www.civisanalytics.com/civis-platform/
Viscovery is a workflow-oriented software suite. It is based on self-organizing maps and multivariate statistics for explorative data mining and predictive modeling. The system excels in intuitive user-guidance, mature implementation.
- An ideal project environment platform for goal-oriented operation
- Dedicated workflows that which allows you to offer focused navigation
- Clear workflow steps with proven default settings
- Workflow branching allowing generation of model variations
- Functions for integrated documentation and annotation
- Multiple handling tools to facilitate usage
Download link: https://www.viscovery.net/somine/
❓ What is a Data Mining Tool?
A Data mining tool is a software application that is used to discover patterns and trends from large sets of data and transform those data into more refined information. It helps you to identify unsuspected relationships amongst the data for business growth. It also allows you to analyze, simulate, plan and predict data using a single platform.
💻 Which are the Best Data Mining Tools?
Here is a list of some of the best data mining tools:
- SAS Data Mining
- Zoho Analytics
⚡ Why Data Mining is Important?
Data mining allows you to transform raw data into useful information in order to increase business growth. It helps businesses to identify patterns and trends among their customers to drive more sales by developing a better marketing strategy and decreasing costs.
✅ How Data Mining Works?
The Data Mining Process works in the following stages:
- Business Understanding
- Data Understanding
- Data Preparation
- Data Transformation