WeTransfer is an internet-based computer large file transfer and sharing service. It provides the basic service free of cost. The best feature of this file transfer tool is that it allows free users to send a file of up to 2 GB.
However, the biggest drawback of the WeTransfer is that sometimes files are lost or do not download properly.
Following is a handpicked list of the Top WeTransfer alternatives, with popular features and latest download links. This list includes commercial(paid) as well as open-source (free) software.
Best WeTransfer Alternatives (Sites Like WeTransfer): Top Picks
|Name||Max upload file size||Link|
|Pcloud||10 GB||Learn More|
|one Drive||2 GB||Learn More|
|Dropbox||5 TB||Learn More|
|Google Drive||15 GB||Learn More|
|Surge Send||3GB||Learn More|
|Send Anywhere||10 GB||Learn More|
|Uploaded||1 TB||Learn More|
|Smash||no size limit||Learn More|
|Jumbo Mail||5GB||Learn More|
|Binfer||200 MB||Learn More|
|Media Fire||10GB||Learn More|
|Filemail||no size limit||Learn More|
|My Air Bridge||2 GB||Learn More|
|We Sendit||5 GB||Learn More|
|File Pizza||no size limit||Learn More|
|Datash||no size limit||Learn More|
|Box||250 MB||Learn More|
Icedrive is a next-generation cloud service that helps you to access, manage, and update your cloud storage effortlessly. It provides a space to share, showcase, and collaborate with your files.
- Only cloud storage solution to support Twofish Encryption. Everything is encrypted at the client-side with zero knowledge of your data
- It allows you to store files up to 100 TB.
- No time-consuming Sync Needed as you can Mount IceDrive with a simple click.
- Icedrive provides clean and easy to use interface to manage your files.
- Stream Media from the cloud storage and easily share with friends
Pcloud is a secure and simple, strong competitor to use cloud storage. It allows you to transfer the file in a fast and effective way. When you Sign up on this site, you will get 10 GB free cloud storage.
- Save files and use them on your laptop with pCloud Drive, phone, or the web.
- Allows you to send, receive and work together with your friends on every file
- Keep your private files confidential within build encryption with pCloud Crypto.
Sync.com is a cloud service for sharing files from any computer or mobile device. Sync provides an ideal solution for storing and sharing confidential and sensitive data.
- Sync allows you to send files of any size to anyone, even if they don’t have a registered.
- Performance becomes slower if you upload files larger than 40 GB.
- Synch can support Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
- It gives unlimited data transfer for all the plans.
Mega is an online storage and file hosting service provided by Mega Limited. Mega is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux platform.
- It offers 50 GB free storage space.
- It uses keys to encrypt files and chats.
- Mega allows you to sync files and folders.
- Upload or download 1 GB data every 6 hours
MASV is application that enables you to transfer large files without any hassle. It offers dashboard to view your transferred progress, speed, and delivery time. This application supports Amazon S3, local, Amazon S3, and more storage.
- Provides pause and resume facility for each of your file transfers.
- It enables you to transfer more than one file simultaneously.
- Offers dark mode and while mode for ease of use.
- Supported platforms: Windows, MacOS, Linux and browser
6) One Drive
Microsoft OneDrive is a file transfer tool storage and synchronization service provider. It is available for free to all the people having Microsoft account. OneDrive apps can be used to sync files on a Windows PC or Mac operating system.
- It allows you to use your mobile phone to scan and business cards, receipts, whiteboard notes, or store paper documents in OneDrive.
- You can set an expiration date of shared files, photos, and links for security purposes.
- Allows uploading files up to 15 GB in size.
Dropbox is a file hosting service providing personal cloud, file synchronization, cloud storage, and client software. It is designed to collaborate on your projects, whether you are working alone or in a team.
- It offers you to sync data across all devices safely.
- Your file size should be 50 GB or smaller
- Service is available for macOS, Linux, and Windows operating systems.
8) Google Drive
Google Drive allows you to store, share, and access your files from any device. Your first 15 GB of storage are free. It allows you to keep photos, stories, designs, drawings, recordings, videos, and more.
- Your files in Drive can be reached from any tablet, smartphone, tablet, or PC.
- You can quickly invite others to view, download, and collaborate on all the files you want
- You can build Docs, Sheets, Slides.
- This WeTransfer alternative open source provides real-time synchronization.
- You can create forms that help you to run a survey.
- You can Integrate with thousands of external apps like a mind map, Gantt chart, diagram tools, etc.
9) Surge Send
Surge Send is a replacement for WeTransfer. This file transfer tool that allows storage up to 250GB. The tool offers complete privacy and a higher-level of encryption. You can transfer 50 GB per file.
- Password Protection
- Pause upload and resume at your convenience
- Get bigger uploads and storage options
- This WeTransfer alternative allows you to encrypt confidential files
- Drag and drop the file to the Transfer.
- Write a personalized message.
- You can set an expiration date.
4shared offers its users with the highest-quality free file transfer and sharing services. This WeTransfer alternative software is designed to make data storage and access easier and more intuitive to users everywhere.
- Add free sharing and download
- 100 GB cloud storage
- SSL data encryption for maximum protection
- Get access to file direct download links
11) Send Anywhere
Send Anywhere is file-sharing software that takes an easy, quick, and unlimited approach to file sharing. It is one of the best WeTransfer competitors which provides service for unlimited file storing and sharing, but their speeds and usability is compromised.
- This alternative WeTransfer tool offers 100MB/s transfer speed
- Secure and reliable file transfer
- You can upload up to 50GB at a time and set the expiry date as you see fit.
Uploaded.net is a free software application. It allows Upload Photos from the Gallery. It also provides share links directly from your mobile.
- Upload Photos from the Gallery.
- Download content from your account to your phone.
- Create, rename, and delete folders/files.
Smash is an ideal replacement of WeTransfer. It sends files in a few clicks without the need to care about their size. This alternative WeTransfer tool also allows simple, fast, secured, and image-enhancing.
- Send files in a few clicks, irrespective of their size.
- The files you send by Smash are hosted near you on nearest server.
- The tool also allows sending a file from point A to point B.
14) Jumbo Mail
Jumbo Mail is a strong competitor of WeTransfer. This Free WeTransfer alternative tool allows you branding and signature to your download page and emails and boosts your brand awareness.
- Allows you to preview your video files online
- JumboMail Pro, you can send up to 20GB of videos, music, photos, documents, etc.
- You can use your storage space to save all the files that you have sent.
Binfer is an easy to use tool which makes large file sharing easy by creating a direct connection between devices. This software offers direct transfer protocol means large files of any size or type transfer securely in half the time of cloud-based platforms.
- You can have complete control of your data.
- You don’t need any thumb drives, CDs or FTP required.
- Auto resume of interrupted transfers of very large files.
- Reduce large file delivery time.
- Helps you to keep your sensitive files under wraps
“SendGB Extra” is a file transfer tool. You will get 1TB of storage. You will be able to send files up to 20GB at the same time. It allows you to share a file up to 20 GB.
- Allows you to send file files with email up to 50 people
- You can transfer link to unlimited people
- Decide when transfers get deleted
- Resend, forward and delete transfers
- This alternative to WeTransfer offers secure Password protection for each file transfer
- Unlimited download
17) Media Fire
MediaFire is a file hosting, cloud storage, and synchronization service. It provides an easy-to-use solution for managing digital stuff online as well as on the go. MediaFire can be used for iPhone, Windows, OSX, Web, and Android.
- Maximum file uploading limit is 20 GB.
- It offers the professional an ad-free experience for employees.
- Lets you to paste a link in any files and MediaFire will upload to your account
- It allows you to specify access control.
Filemail is an easy to use tool which allows you to send your files the easy way. It is one of the best file transfer site that helps you to keep track of send and received files.
- You can download send files through any web browser, torrent, Filemail Desktop, or an app on your phone.
- Receive large files from customers directly at your webpage
- Antivirus protection and password protection
- Branding & subdomain
- Automation & website integration
19) My Air Bridge
My air Bridge is a tool that creates a direct link to the store. The tool offers password-protected Transfer and sharing. It also offers complete interconnectivity.
- Transfers up to 2 GB data with high speed.
- Only the first 10 downloads
- 10x higher limit for transfers saved in storage
20) We Sendit
We Sendit is a free file transfer alternative. This software allows you can transfer up to 5 GB to with maximum 15 recipients simultaneously. The tool allows you to track data transfer.
- Encrypted connection during uploads, transfers, and downloads
- Transfer and download confirmation
- Data – transfer up to 20 GB to 50 recipients.
- Scheduled data transfers up to 3 months in advance.
- Password-protected transfers
- 100 GB total storage for your data and Unlimited storage time for your data
Volatile is a free use to provides free temporary online storage, convenient for sharing files between colleagues and friends.
- It allows you to use the upload button or drag files into your room.
- Files expire after 2 days.
- Up to 20 GB per file.
TransferXL is the fastest and most secure way to share your files. The software offers is the service that fulfills your needs for the perfect data transfer.
- Fast and easy file sharing
- Track your file transfers
- Manage your file transfers
- You can tranfer file up to 100GB in size and with as many files as you want.
- TransferXL keeps track of your file transfers, so you don’t need to.
23) File Pizza
FilePizza eliminates the initial upload step required by other web-based file-sharing services. Free peer-to-peer file transfers in your browser.
- File sharing and file transfer.
- User can share content with others.
- Allows users to turn their computers into a server.
Filetransfer.io is an easy to use tool. With this tool’s help, even large companies and teams will soon be able to enjoy the fast, easy, and completely safe sharing of files.
- Send files up to 6 GB.
- Up to 50 downloads of your files
- Save the files for 21 days.
Datash is a file transfer and sharing tool which helps you to send or receive text or file from one device to another. The best thing about this tool is that you do not require any login or registration with3024bitpublic/private key and encrypts data with the recipient.
- It uses end-to-end encryption.
- Public key before sending that ensures sending to the right person.
Box is a file transfer and sharing service. This tool is available for Windows, macOS, and mobile platforms. It is one of the best file transfer sites which allows you to use Windows Explorer or Mac finder to search the file you want quickly.
- Edit like a local file, and Box will save it to the cloud.
- It allows you to invite the team to make changes and upload files.
- Enable admin to add external users to collaborate content and control the version.
Jumpshare combines screenshot capture, file sharing, video recording, as well as team collaboration. It is one of the best WeTransfer similar sites that allows you to send and share unlimited big size file.
- It helps you to capture and share anything
- Jumpshare has drag and drop facility to share any file.
- Allows you to capture screenshots
- You can record your screen in GIF or video.
- This service can be used on macOS, Android, Windows, iPad, and iPhone.
Hightfail is a file tranfer tool. It allows you to send large files, collect feedback, and streamline collaboration in one solution. It also sends email notifications to recipients.
- Share large files securely
- Automatically send email notifications to recipients
- Track delivery and downloads of your files
- Sending and receiving files should be simple, especially when you are under a deadline.
29) Share File
Share File is easy to access, send, and sync. It accesses and shares all your files and documents in a single click.
- Access and share all your files and documents in a few simple clicks.
- Skip the messy data migration and get secure access to files and folders stored on legacy data systems
- Streamlined Co-Editing and Co-Authoring
- Automate getting approvals, feedback and any document-centric processes with customizable workflows
❓ What is File Sharing?
File sharing sites provide services to access digital media like photos, videos, documents, etc., from anywhere to its users. These apps will help you to transfer large files conveniently. Some file-sharing services provide advanced link sharing features like password protection, link expiration, authorization to view, edit, download a file.
Most of the file-sharing tools provide a desktop app that syncs your file to the cloud in the background. You do not need to worry about the connectivity/synchronization issues as the apps have an auto-resume feature.
Many file-sharing services offer military-grade encryption of data and provide complete privacy/security. Many fie sharing apps have a version control feature that helps you recover the original file in unintended changes.
⚡ What is Cloud Storage?
Cloud Storage is a way of storing data online instead of your local computer. It requires an internet connection in order to upload, modify, and share documents, presentations, spreadsheets, images, audio, video, etc., with others. Online storage service providers don’t store any data on the hard disk of your PC. Cloud storage tools help you to access your data from any device.
🔒 Is my data secure with Cloud Computing Storage?
Since data is stored remotely rather than your premise, apprehensions about data theft and privacy are obvious. But most cloud computing storage companies encrypt data while in transit or at rest. Also, their employees only get logical access to your data. Most companies adopt very strict protocols to ensure data security, confidentiality, and privacy.
If your data has peculiar security requirements, you could opt for a hybrid cloud where some data is stored with the cloud provider while some at your own premises.
❗ Is there a size limit on the File I store or transfer using Cloud Storage?
Most cloud storage providers allow you to store and transfer a single File that is up to 100MB in size. However, some allow you to store files up to 2GB in size, useful in transferring HD videos.
💻 Which are the Best alternatives to WeTransfer?
Below are some of the best alternatives to WeTransfer:
- Google Drive