Dropbox is a cloud platform that enables you to store and share files online with other people. This online service provides personal cloud, cloud storage, and client software. It is easy to use and reliable in making your important files safe and accessible. However, the biggest problem with Dropbox is that it offers limited free storage of 2GB. If you want to get additional space, then you have to make a payment. Moreover, you can add notes to the document, but editing it in real time is not possible.
Here is a curated list of Top cloud storage services that are capable of replacing Dropbox. This list includes commercial (paid) as well as open-source (free) cloud services with popular features and the latest download link.
Best Free DropBox Alternatives
|Ice Drive (recommended)||10GB||Learn More|
Icedrive is a next-generation cloud service that helps you access, manage, and update your cloud storage effortlessly. It provides a space to share, showcase, and collaborate with your files.
- It is the only cloud storage solution to support Twofish Encryption. Everything is encrypted at the client-side with zero knowledge of your data.
- This cloud storage platform allows you to store files up to 100 TB.
- No time-consuming sync is needed as you can mount IceDrive with a simple click.
- Icedrive provides a clean and easy-to-use interface to manage your files.
- It allows you to stream media from the cloud storage and share it with friends.
pCloud is secure and simple to use cloud storage for your documents. This tool allows you to share and collaborate files with your employee, friends, and relatives.
- This free cloud storage platform helps you to keep your private files confidential with the highest level of encryption.
- Allows to back up your valuable memories to pCloud by just clicking a button.
- This file upload site helps you to filter your files according to their file format.
- This cloud storage program stores versions of your files for a specific period, helping you search archive files.
Mega is an online storage and file hosting service provided by Mega Limited. This free cloud storage service allows you to sync files and folders.
- It uses keys to encrypt files and media.
- It offers 50 GB of free storage space.
- It enables users to upload or download 1 GB of data every 6 hours.
- Mega is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.
Sync.com is a cloud service for sharing files from any computer or mobile device. Sync provides an ideal solution for storing and sharing confidential and sensitive data.
- Sync allows you to send files of any size to anyone, even if they don’t have a Sync account.
- It gives unlimited data transfer for all the plans.
- Supported platforms: Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
Microsoft OneDrive is an Internet-based storage and synchronization service provider. It is available for free to all people having a Microsoft account. OneDrive app can be used to sync files on a Windows PC or Mac operating system.
- You can scan business cards, receipts, whiteboard notes, or store paper documents in OneDrive.
- You can set an expiration date of shared files, photos, and links for security purposes.
- This file upload site allows you to upload files up to 15 GB in size.
6) Google Drive
Google Drive is a free online data storage service provided by Google. The service syncs stored files, photos, and more across all the user’s PCs, tablets, and mobile devices. It offers 15 GB of free space.
- You can build Docs, Sheets, Slides.
- It provides real time synchronization.
- You can create forms that help you to run a survey.
- Integrates with thousands of external apps like a mind map, Gantt chart, diagram tools, etc.
- It allows storing documents up to 1.02 million characters and spreadsheets up to 5 million cells.
Box is a cloud file management and sharing service. You can use it on a Windows Explorer or Mac Finder desktop to search for the file you want quickly.
- Edit like a local file, and Box will save it to the cloud.
- This cloud storage program allows you to invite the team to make changes and upload files.
- It enables the admin to add external users to collaborate content and control the version.
- Supported platforms: Windows, macOS, and mobile platforms.
IDrive provides a service for data backup. It also allows you to upload or download files up to 2 GB in size. This website enables you to organize and monitor backups of your PC from the web interface.
- IDrive provides 5 GB of free storage space.
- This free cloud storage service provides the best solution to protect your files on all computers, Macs, iPhones, and Android devices into one account.
- Supported platforms: Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, and Mac.
iCloud is a cloud storage service managed by Apple Inc. It is a service where users can save any files on the cloud, and iCloud will automatically sync those files to their devices.
- It provides 5GB of free storage space.
- The file size uploading limit is 10 GB.
- Many people can work together by simply sending a link.
- It allows you to collaborate with numbers, keynote, pages, and notes.
- Supported platforms: Mac and Windows.
10) Amazon Drive
Amazon Drive , or Amazon Cloud Drive, is a cloud storage application of Amazon. This service provides secure cloud storage, secure file sharing, photo printing, and file backup.
- It helps you to organize and edit photos online.
- Amazon Drive automatically backs up the photos and videos on your phone.
- Allows you to Sync files and folders.
11) Yandex Disk
Yandex Disk is a cloud service that allows users to store files on cloud servers and share them with others. It is available in two plans Annual and Monthly subscription.
- Allows uploading a maximum of 50 GB file size.
- Users can sync data between different devices.
- It provides free access to Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- It allows you to download files from public pages without any hassle.
- Supported platforms: Windows, macOS, and Linux.
MediaFire is a file hosting, cloud storage, and synchronization service. It provides an easy-to-use solution for managing digital stuff online as well as on the go. MediaFire can be used for Phone, Windows, OSX, Web, and Android.
- The maximum file uploading limit is 20 GB.
- It offers a professional and ad-free experience for employees.
- MediaFire lets you upload any files to your account by just pasting a link.
- Allows you to specify access control.
- Supported platforms: iPhone, Windows, OSX, Web, and Android.
Koofr is a cloud storage solution that connects Dropbox, Amazon, Google Drive, OneDrive accounts and utilizes the additional free space on a hard drive. This tool is available for Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Automatic backup from phones.
- It provides synchronization of data with computers.
- No file type and size limits, upload anything you want to keep safe.
- It provides automatic backup of photos and videos from the mobile phone.
MiMedia is a cloud-based backup service that allows you to manage and access your digital media with ease. It helps you to curate your personalized collection.
- This secure cloud storage site allows you to access and organize music, photos, videos, and documents on all devices.
- You can download a desktop app to your PC or Mac and put any content in the cloud.
- It allows you to import files from Dropbox, Google, Flickr, and Facebook.
Jumpshare combines screenshot capture, file sharing, video recording, as well as team collaboration. It allows you to send and share unlimited big-size files.
- It helps you to capture and share any file securely.
- Jumpshare has a drag and drop facility to share any file.
- Allows you to capture screenshots.
- You can record your screen in GIF or video.
- Supported platforms: macOS, Android, Windows, and iOS.
Imgur is the platform that will let you share files for entertainment. You can share funny, informative, inspiring images, memes, GIFs, etc.
- It offers functionality that allows you to edit the content in your public posts.
- It allows you to report, embed, and download posts as these options are available on the top.
- It provides video scaling features that will automatically resize the video content according to the height of your browser.
- It has a very nice look for its homepage.
- Supported platforms: Android, iOS, and web.
17) Surge Send
Surge Send is a cloud storage platform that offers complete privacy and a higher level of encryption. You can transfer up to 50GB per file. It allows you to encrypt confidential files.
- It provides password protection for your files.
- It allows you to pause and resume uploads at your convenience.
- Get bigger uploads and storage options.
- Drag and drop the file to transfer.
- Write a personalized message.
- You can set an expiration date.
18) Send Anywhere
Send Anywhere is a website that enables you to store and share files with other people with ease. It allows you to send documents as many times as you want for free. This platform helps you to protect your data through encryption.
- This tool offers up to 100MB/s transfer speed.
- It provides secure and reliable file transfer.
- You can upload up to 50GB at a time and set the expiry date as you see fit.
Ge.tt is one of the best Dropbox alternatives that allow instant, real-time file publishing and sharing services. To use this tool, you don’t need any special software or plug-ins.
- It allows you to share any files in seconds.
- This free site allows you to track how many people have downloaded or viewed your files.
- It is a simple cloud storage application for all types of materials, including documents, videos, music, and photos.
- You can store files that are ready to be published or shared.
Binfer is a replacement for Dropbox, which makes large file sharing easy by creating a direct connection between devices. This software offers a direct transfer means large files of any size or type can be transferred securely in half the time.
- You can have complete control of your data.
- You do not require any thumb drives, CDs, or FTP.
- Auto resume of interrupted transfers of very large files.
- It reduces large file delivery time.
- It helps you to keep your sensitive files under wraps.
SendGB Extra is a file transfer tool that allows you to send files up to 20GB at a time. This file share site allows you to send files with an email to up to 50 people.
- You can transfer files via a link to an unlimited number of people.
- It allows you to decide when transfers get deleted.
- It enables you to resend, forward, and delete transfers.
- It offers secure password protection for each file transfer.
22) We Sendit
We Sendit is a strong competitor of Dropbox that allows you to transfer up to 50 GB for free. This tool enables you to track data transfer without any hassle. It encrypts connection during uploads, transfers, and downloads.
- It offers transfer and download confirmation.
- You can transfer data up to 20 GB to 30 recipients.
- Scheduled data transfers up to 3 months in advance.
- It provides password-protected transfers.
- It offers 100 GB total storage for your private data and unlimited storage time for your data.
24) Share File
Share File provides easy file access, sending, and data sync. It allows you to access and share all your files and documents with a single click. It provides business-class file sharing with real-time collaboration.
- It allows you to skip the messy data migration and secure access to files and folders stored on legacy data systems.
- It provides streamlined co-editing and co-authoring.
- It automates processes like getting approvals, feedback, and any document-centric processes with customizable workflows.
TransferXL is the fastest and most secure way to share your files. This software offers the service that fulfills your needs for the perfect data transfer.
- It offers fast and easy file sharing.
- It enables you to track and manage your file transfers.
- This file transfer service allows you to transfer files up to 100GB in size and with as many files as you want.
- TransferXL keeps track of your file transfers, so you don’t need to.
Smash sends files in a few clicks without the need to care about their size. This tool also allows simple, fast, and secured file transfer without having a Smash account.
- Send files in a few clicks, irrespective of their size.
- The files you send by Smash are hosted on the server nearest to you.
- This file transfer service also allows sending a file from point A to point B with faster speed.
❓ What are Cloud Storage Services?
Cloud storage services provide access to digital media like photos, videos, documents, etc., from anywhere to its users. These apps help you to transfer large files conveniently. Some cloud sites also provide advanced link-sharing features like password protection, link expiration, authorization to view, edit, download files, etc.
Most of the cloud storage applications provide a desktop app that syncs your file to the cloud in the background. You do not need to worry about the connectivity/synchronization issues as the apps have an auto-resume feature.
Many cloud storage services offer military-grade encryption of data and provide complete privacy and security. Many cloud storage platforms have a version control feature that helps you recover the original file in unintended changes.
⚡ What is Cloud Storage?
Cloud Storage is a way of storing data online instead of your local computer. It requires an Internet connection in order to upload, modify, and share documents, presentations, spreadsheets, images, audio, video, etc., with others. Online storage service providers don’t store any data on the hard disk of your PC. Cloud storage tools help you to access your data from any device.
🏅 What are the Best alternatives to Dropbox?
Following are some of the best alternatives to Dropbox:
- Google Drive
- Amazon Drive
- Yandex Disk
🚀 Is your data secure with Cloud Computing Storage?
Since data is stored remotely rather than your premise, apprehensions about data theft and privacy are obvious. But most cloud computing storage companies encrypt data while in transit or at rest. Also, their employees only get logical access to your data. Most companies adopt strict protocols to ensure data security, confidentiality, and privacy.
If your data has peculiar security requirements, you could opt for a hybrid cloud where some data is stored with the cloud provider while some at your own premises.
❗ Is there a size limit on the file you store or transfer using Cloud Storage?
Most cloud storage providers allow you to store and transfer a single file that is up to 100MB in size. However, some cloud services also allow you to store and transfer files up to 2GB in size, like HD videos.