Material exclusion / listing is a provision to restrict a customer’s buying choices. For example, if certain materials are defined in “Exclusion List” of a specific customer, then, the customer can not buy material from “Exclusion List”.
Example – A company produce 10 materials and company want to sell only 6 material to customer ABC then company create a list of these 6 material as “Listing List “(products that can be ordered) and remaining 4 material may be in “Exclusion List”. In this scenario Customer can buy only 6 material from “Listing List”.
Material exclusion / listing is controlled by condition technique. System check for material in “Exclusion List” first and later “Listing List”. T-code- 1. VB01 to create, 2. VB02 to change, 3. VB03 to display.
- Enter T-code VB01 in command bar.
- Click on exclusion type field.
Select B001 in popup window as shown below
- Enter Customer code and validity period.
- Enter material code for exclusion list.
Click on save button . A message "Condition records saved" will be displayed.
When a user create sales order by t-code VA01 ,for material M-18 ,for customer # 1000 , a message "Material M-18 has been excluded" displayed.
- Enter T-code VB01 in command field.
- Select List type .
Select A001 in pop up as displayed below-
- Enter Customer code ,Valid From / to date .
- Enter all material code which customer # 1000 can purchase.
Save the record.
A message "Condition records saved" will be displayed.