What is Off Cycle Payroll? SAP IT267
Off-cycle Payroll runs are used to make payments outside the regular payroll run like one time bonuses. ThePayroll Control Record needs to be in the Exit Payroll stage, and the off cycle run MUST be executed after the pay date of the regular payroll run.
For example, if the current payroll period is from 01.07.2010 and 31.07.2010, and the pay date is 20.07.2010, then you can execute off-cycle payroll runs between 21.07.2010 and the date you release the Payroll Control Record for the next payroll run.
There are 3 main types of off-cycle payroll run in SAP:
- Off-Cycle Bonus Payment (Type A): Considered to be one-off bonus payment, it can also be used to reimburse employees for expense claims. Data is entered via infotype 0267 (Additional Off-Cycle Payments). When executing a “Start Payroll”, you need to enter the “Reason for Payroll” field according to the desired calculation type.
- Off-Cycle Correction Accounting (Type B): Considered to be adjustment runs, it is used for late overtime or anything that did not make it into the regular payroll run. Data is entered just like a regular payroll run (i.e., IT2001, IT2010, IT0014, IT0015). When executing a “Start Payroll”, you need to enter the “Reason for Payroll” field with the corresponding reason type.
- Off-Cycle Christmas Bonus Payment or SAC (Type S): Christmas Bonus (SAC) can be paid with the regular payments run (June and December) or on a special Payroll run before the regular one. Data is calculated automatically by the system, based on the payment date and the configuration in tables T511K and V_T7AR75.
Lets consider Off Cycle Payment Type A-
STEP 1) Create IT267
Go to Transaction PA30
- Enter a Pernr
- Select Infotype 267
- Click Create
- Wage Type
- Payment Date for the Offcycle Run -(the day offcycle payment will credited in employees bank account)
- Offcycle Reason
- Click Save
STEP 2) Run Off Cycle Payroll
In Payroll Accounting program ,Enter
- Payroll Area
- Offcyle Reason
- Offcycle Type and Date
- Payroll Schema
- Click Execute
Check the results
Once you have executed an off-cycle payroll run, you also need to:
- Execute an off-cycle bank transfer.
- Post off-cycle results to GL
The process is similar to that of regular payroll run in SAP