In this tutorial, you will learn
- What is Typescript?
- Why Typescript?
- History of Typescript
- Features of Typescript
- What is better?
- Open source project with Microsoft's patronage
- Specially designed tool for small scripts
- Supports classes, interfaces & modules.
- Allows cross-compilation
- Adds support for classes, interfaces, and modules
- TypeScript supports JS libraries & API Documentation
- It is optionally typed scripting language
- Better code structuring and object-oriented programming techniques
- Allows better development time tool support
- It can extend the language beyond the standard decorators, async/await
- It was launched in September 1995, and It took just ten days to develop this e scripting language which was initially called Mocha
- ECMAScript 2 was released in 1998
- ECMAScript 3 was released in 1999
- In 2005, Eich and Mozilla join ECMA to develop E4X Java script
- In January 2009, the CommonJS project was launched with the aim of defining a common standard library
- In June 2011, ECMAScript 5.1 was released
- In June 2015. ECMAScript 2016 was released
- The current version is ECMAScript 2017 which was released in June 2017
Let see important landmarks from the History of Typescript:
- The typescript was first made public in the year 2012
- After two years of internal development at Microsoft. TypeScript 0.9, released in 2013
- Additional support for generics TypeScript 1.0 was released at Build 2014
- In July 2014, a new TypeScript compiler came which is five times faster then it's previous version
- In July 2015, support for ES6 modules, namespace keyword, for, of support, decorators
- In November 2016, an added feature like key and lookup types mapped types, and rest
- On March 27, 2018, conditional types, the improved key with intersection types supports added in the Typescript.
- It's a cross-platform language
- It's used for client side and server side
- It's easy to learn and to start with
- It's a dynamic language: flexible and powerful
- You have 'the great freedom' to do whatever you want with any object
- Strong Testing Workflow
- Added Dependencies
- Framework Unsupported
- Offered great productivity for developers
- Code navigation and bug prevention
- Code 'discoverability' & refactoring
- Optional Static Type Annotation / Static Typing
- Additional Features for Functions
- Supports ES6
- Supports interfaces, sub-interfaces, classes, and subclasses
- Scalable HTML5 client-side development
- Rich IDE available with autocomplete and code navigation features.
- Class-based object-oriented with the inheritance of private members and interfaces.
|What is||Powerful type system, including generics & JS features||Lightweight, interpreted, object-oriented language with first-class functions|
|Learning curve||Stiff learning curve. Requires prior scripting knowledge.||Flexible and easy to learn, scripting language.|
|Famous Company using the Technology||Asana, Clever, Screen award||Airbnb, Codecademy, Instagram|