Trello is a web-based project management tool created by Fog Creek software in 2011. This collaboration tool helps you organizes your project on a board. However, it offers limited email integration and a limited number of labels. Moreover, keyboard shortcuts are also very limited and there are few other drawbacks.
Here is a curated list of top 30 tools which can replace Trello. This list includes commercial as well as open-source project management software with popular features and latest download link.
Top Alternatives To Trello
|Features||✔️ Manage everything in one workspace
✔️ Set up in minutes
|✔️ One app to replace them all.
✔️ All your work in one place: Tasks, docs, chat, goals, & more.
|✔️ Work smarter with Wrike
✔️ Empower your teams with Wrike’s collaborative and intuitive tools.
|✔️ Smartsheet for the enterprise
✔️ Align global teams, build and scale business-driven solutions
|✔️ It offers holistic time management.
✔️ It helps you work on pre-planned team-wise priorities.
|Price||Starting from $10/mo.||Starting from $9/mo.||Starting from $9.80/mo.||Starting from $7/mo.||Starting from $26/mo.|
|Link||Visit website||Visit website||Visit website||Visit website||Visit website|
Monday.com is one of the best alternatives to Trello. It offers a clean interface with color-coded features. This easy-to-use software is suitable for big or small teams. It also offers a user-friendly mobile app and highly customizable workflows.
- You can integrate it with your existing tools and get more things done in less time.
- It allows you to collaborate with your team in one shared workspace.
- Provides colored timelines and options to sync timelines with the calendar.
- It offers highly customizable workflows.
- Helps you to bring your team together, anywhere, and anytime.
- It provides a map view for location-based projects.
- It offers unlimited users and boards.
- Provides specific plans for businesses based on the number of users.
- Offers a Kanban-style visual layout.
- Allows you to handle complex projects.
- Provides services in multiple languages (English, Dutch, French, etc.)
- Adding the number of users costs you extra money.
- The subtask addition process can be difficult.
Pricing: Four Pricing plans: 1) Individual – $0 per month, 2) Standard – $10 per month, 3) Pro – $16 per month, 4) Enterprise/quote-based.
ClickUp is software that enables you to manage your task, docs, chat, goal, and more with ease. This application allows you to assign and resolve comments to tasks. It helps you to set priorities of the work with no hassle.
- It allows you to filter and search for the desired task with ease.
- Enables you to assign multiple tasks with just one mouse click.
- You can sync with Google Calendar.
- Helps you to collaborate with other people.
- ClickUp enables you to sort tasks by project.
Wrike is a Cloud-based collaboration and project management tool. It helps you to scale across teams in any business. The tool allows to set priorities and align your team to work faster and smarter.
- View real-time reports and status for all kind of team projects
- Helps you to turn strategy into an actionable plan to achieve success
- Provide accurate and up-to-date info to make them create an exact deadline
Smartsheet is a collaboration tool for your project management.
It is a work platform that offers exceptional speed to business. Align and execute a process for better, faster and lower-cost onboardings
- Offer security, user management, and single sign-on capabilities for team and project management
- Smartsheet allows automating actions using simple rules
- Helps to simplify budget and planning
Scoro is one of the best alternatives to trello that help agencies and consultancies to streamline projects, automate daily tasks, simplify quoting, and optimize other day-to-day processes. It also helps you manage everything in a single end-to-end solution.
- It offers holistic time management.
- It helps you work on pre-planned team-wide priorities.
- You can manage everything in a single end-to-end solution.
- It allows you to select the way you get your work done.
- Easy interaction across the entire supply chain.
Paymo is a project management application that can be used to manage projects from their inception through completion. It is an ideal project management tool for small to medium-sized businesses looking to simplify and fasten their business processes.
- Get updated information from a various system when estimating a project.
- Allows you to access various tools like Portfolio Gantt Chart or Team’s Tasks to keep track of the project.
- Team Scheduler feature allows you to create a visual timeline of work done by your team members.
- Time tracking reduces feature offers transparency and accountability among manager and employees.
- Tools help you to find how specific project takes. It allows you to create an invoice based on timesheet data.
Zoho Projects is a collaboration & project management tool created by Zoho. The software helps you to plan your projects, assign tasks, and communicate effectively.
- Everyone working on a project can log his/her billable & non-billable hours using timesheets
- Create an issue and track them as they get fixed and tested
- The team will always access the latest version of all project documents
- Integrated easily with Third party apps like Google, Zapier, GitHub, Dropbox
Microsoft project Integrated planning tools help you seamlessly keep track of your projects. The tool offers a powerful, visually enhanced way to manage a wide range of projects and programs efficiently.
- The tool provides full visibility for handling multiple projects
- It connects to a wide range of Microsoft products like Excel, Word, Skype, etc.
- It is extremely intuitive and offers a great balance of usability and complexity
Rational plan is project management for providing solutions for portfolio management, resource management, and Team Collaboration. It is one of the best alternatives to Trello which allows you to complete your projects as scheduled, on time and within budget.
- Helpful for managing projects and shared resources
- Increase productivity using comments on task and email notifications
- Estimate budgets and keep the finance under control by using standard or overtime rates.
- Track project’s evolution regarding time and costs
Casual is a visual project and process management software. It is one of the best apps like Trello that helps teams plan and executes projects as simple workflows. It is an ideal tool for small and growing project management teams.
- Controlling the project is simple with this visual project management tool
- Automatically document the project and Work proactively
- Casual offers several plans that can fit the budget of businesses depending on their needs and resources
Asana is an ideal project management software for small teams. It is one of the best Trello alternatives available in three different versions Free, Premium & Enterprise.
- This free Trello Alternative tool allows management of up to 15 team members. It also offers basic dashboard and search
- Premium version offers Unlimited dashboard, custom fields, advanced search & reporting
- Enterprise version allows managing team members with advanced admin controls like service account and SAML
Taskworld is a cloud-hosted visual task management and planning application. It is one of the best alternatives to Trello that helps you to keep track of the changes made to a task in chronological order.
- Group related tasks together
- Create tasks, set due dates and assign to yourself or your team members
- Update tasks on multiple projects
- Sort your tasks by adding tags and colored labels
Download link: https://taskworld.com/
Basecamp is an effective project management tool which allows you to effortlessly assign tasks, organize your team, and track progress. It’s available with 60-day free trial and three different pricing packages.
- Add recurring tasks
- This Trello alternative allows resources allocation and forecasting
- Automated check-ins
- Search filters & notifications
Download link: https://basecamp.com/
Freedcamp is a project management tool. It allows collaboration of single or multiple users using cloud computing. It is an open source platform for as many projects and users you would like to add.
- This Trello alternative allows to focus on task lists and stay in touch with what’s happening
- Splitting larger tasks into smaller subtasks
- Help to keep your tasks private
Download link: https://freedcamp.com/
Workzone is a cloud-hosted project management and document collaboration app. Workzone allows to organize projects by tasks, assign responsibilities, and notify when a task is due.
- Allows to track every client
- Automatically update old version with the newest version
- This Trello alternative offers dedicated client workspaces
- Save and review document without the need for other document applications
Download link: https://www.workzone.com/teams/agency-project-management/
Azendoo is work tracking task management software that helps teams plan and share tasks, sync on projects and communicates more efficiently. This PM tool helps organizations to increase their productivity, align their teams to accomplish their projects.
- A collaborative task management system that teams use to plan and organize their daily workload
- Team collaboration and time reporting all in one place
- Board View: to help your team track progress through a process
- Personal task list: to plan and share day’s work
Download link: https://www.azendoo.com/
Active Collab is an easy to use project management and collaboration tool. Helps to combine task management, time tracking, for developing the well-designed app.
- This Trello alternative helps you to manage task when you need to juggle between multiple projects
- Organize tasks into lists and filter them by people, labels, or due dates
- Plan your task in the Gantt-like timeline, move them across, or get an overview in a list
- Display visual reports and detailed charts
- Release Planning and Management
Download link: https://activecollab.com/
Sciforma tools and data platform facilitate collaboration by making project data transparent, trustable, and easily accessible. It helps project managers administer all aspects of project, resource, risk, and change management.
- Review the resource assignments and solve resource overallocation
- Synchronize with your Agile teams and iterations
- Scroll the details to identify the root problems
- Define appropriate attributes and criteria for driving the decision-making processes
Download link: https://www.sciforma.com/
ProofHub is a cloud-hosted project management solution. It is one of the best Trello alternatives which helps you to manage deliverables and deadline. The software helps managers across the critical phases of a project from planning, managing and delivering outcomes on time.
- Sync calendar with iCal, Google Calendar, Outlook, and other external calendar apps
- Compatible with popular operating systems like Android, iOS, Android, and Windows
- Offers feature like Casper Mode, proofing, and time tracking
Download link: https://www.proofhub.com/
Confluence is content collaboration tool which changes how modern teams work. This tool helps you to organize a robust repository of information, opinions, and knowledge. It also allows you to answer questions, create how-to docs, etc.
- Helps you to create, organize, and discuss tasks with your team
- Allows you to collect feedback and encourage discussion
- Offers advanced Table editing & Task notification
- Offers an easy Integration with JIRA
Download link: https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence
Nutcache software offers an ideal business-oriented agile solution. It is one of the best Trello alternatives that helps in effectively managing the entire project delivery lifecycle. The tool lets you plan and manage projects using Kanban boards or any other methods.
- Check the progress and profitability of a project using various indicators
- Track time & expenses related to stories
- Keep track of rejected stories in the icebox
- View burndown by stories, story points, tasks or acceptance tests
Download link: https://www.nutcache.com/
Aha! is road mapping and project management platform. It is one of the best alternatives to Trello that allows businesses to manage their product portfolio efficiently. It enables developing viable business strategies and visual roadmaps.
- Allows you to set strategy, manage release, prioritize Features, and captures ideas in one place
- Allows people and organization to interact, facilitate the flow of information, and helps to their business goals
- Helps to develop Release Planning and Management
- Offers Visual Reports and Detailed Charts
Download link: https://www.aha.io/
ProjectManager.com’s is cloud-based software. This alternative to Trello allows you to manage work anywhere and on any platform. It is a comprehensive system which helps you to perform routine tasks effortlessly.
- Customizable project dashboard helps you to determine whether your projects and your team are on track
- Create, monitor and share project plans online, with multiple views of your team
- Create ready status reports with the push of a button
Download link: https://www.projectmanager.com/
Twproject is a web-based project management tool. The tool minimizes the effort of administrative work and helps the company to grow. It offers built-in Gantt chart to visualize your work plans.
- The tool allows you to sperate every project or task in an arbitrary sub-tree of sub-tasks
- It can handle classical project trees and business processes in the same system, and when needed even in the same project
- Twproject is highly customizable for functional and reporting as it does not want to force branching from the main update cycle
Download link: https://twproject.com/
25) Teamwork Projects
Teamwork is an easy-to-use, fast, and one of the best project management systems. It is a simple tool which allows companies to maximize their project management processes.
- Helps you to reduce unnecessary meetings and get things done quickly.
- Allow integration with Gmail, Dropbox and cloud drive of Hotmail
- Always know where you stand. Teamwork Projects means you can plan and track the progression of your team
Download link: https://www.teamwork.com/project-management-software/
Roadmunk is a visual roadmap software helpful for the project management. It offers advanced data protection to meet the needs of global enterprise clients.
- Helps you to select between Timeline View, Swimlane View, or mix-and-match multiple views of the roadmap.
- Helps you to create roadmap across multiple products, portfolios, and teams
- Options for customization with many advanced filters
Download link: https://roadmunk.com/
Mavenlink is an online project management tool. It combines advanced project management, resource planning, collaboration, and financial tools. Maven helps you stay in control of workflow quality, instead of managing projects with previously inserted information.
- This tool store organizes and shares all files related to your projects in one place
- Allows monitoring portfolio health to manage work and get real-time insight into project health. Moreover, it can address issues as they arise
- Mavenlink supports authentication through a range of identity providers
Download link: https://www.mavenlink.com/
Podio is a customizable project management solution. It is one of the best sites like Trello that helps teams to communicate and organize in a way to facilitate the completion of tasks and projects.
- Break down projects and workflows into easily management pieces.
- Podio apps are the tools used by teams working on Podio to organize their work
- It provides visual reports to give you a clear overview of your team’s work progress
- Manage, assign, guide and automate workflows for every team member for tighter collaboration
Download link: https://podio.com/
Functionfox is a project management tool. It helps to reduce admin time, increases productivity and profits. This tool is better than Trello that allows users to compare and analyze information on their finances like real costs and estimates and also look at their project timelines, budget, and productivity.
- Helps you to understand your business better with instant reports on clients, projects, and personnel
- Ability to assign and schedule tasks for increased control
- Review previous projects when developing new quotes with higher efficiency and accuracy
Download link: https://www.functionfox.com/products.aspx
Redmine is a project management & web application tool. It can be used as a cross-platform and cross-database tool.
- News, documents & files management
- Custom fields for issues, time-entries, projects, and users
- Support for User self-registration
- Multilanguage & Databases support
Download link: http://www.redmine.org/
❓ What is Trello?
Trello is a web-based project management application. It helps you organizes your project on a board.
🚀 Which are the Best Trello Alternatives?
Below are some of the Best Trello Alternatives:
- Zoho Projects
- Microsoft project
⚡ What are the drawbacks of Trello?
Trello offers limited email integration and a limited number of labels. Moreover, keyboard shortcuts are also very limited, and there are few other drawbacks.
❗ What are Project Management Tools?
Project Management Tools are software applications that help individuals or businesses to manage and organize their work, tasks, and projects. These tools are customizable and offer great features for teams to collaborate on their projects.
⭐ What is the advantage of using Project Management Tools?
Project Management Tools help you to streamline the process of planning, executing, controlling, and finishing projects.
💥 Which factors to consider while choosing a Project Management Software?
Don’t Slog to Choose the Right Tool. Get Smart. Consider the following factors before you decide.
- Must allow collaboration on the project so that your business team can work together
- License cost
- Integration with your current systems
- Choose the tool that can support the increasing needs of your business
- The cost involved in training employees on the tool
- Consider the security options offered by software providers