Whether it is about capturing requirements, designing test cases, test execution reports, informing other team-members about Testing progress etc. a test management tool is mandatory. Even small error in recording these details may lead to catastrophic effect and failure of the project. So, to manage all these details some test management tools can come very handy and useful. Let see some of the best test management and QA tools.
Hiptest is a continuous testing platform for Agile and DevOps teams that enables teams to collaborate on an idea, test code continuously and generate living documentation from real-time insights. Hiptest is used by over 25,000 users in 140 countries.
- Native BDD support to align your team and streamline workflows and living documentation of your product
- Automate your tests with a selection of over 20+ frameworks supported including: Cucumber, Specflow, Java/Junit, Selenium, and more!
- CI/CD pipeline integrations with tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, TravisCI, Shippable, and more
- Scenario editor, reusable steps, and easy test refactoring for painless test creation
- Free fast, expert support along with a dedicated customer success team
QAComplete is a comprehensive test management tool with enterprise-level capabilities but flexible enough to fit all modern development methodologies. It allows you to link your manual and automated tests to defects, requirements and tasks. QAComplete also integrates with many of the QA tools you already use, such as JIRA, Bugzilla, TestComplete, SoapUI, Jenkins and more!
- Get a comprehensive view of all tests run – manual, automated, API, Selenium
- Prioritize testing efforts and find high-risk defects early
- Establish clear traceability between requirements, test cases, and defects
- Manage and report on manual, Selenium, SOAPUI, Ready! API, and TestComplete tests.
- Decide which manual test cases can be automated to reduce costs
- Access, edit, and update defects in Jira without leaving QAComplete
- Determine test coverage and ensure tests exists for all requirements
PractiTest is an end-to-end test management tool. A common meeting ground for all QA stakeholders, it enables full visibility into the testing process and a deeper broader understanding of testing results.
- A vast array of third-party integrations with common bug trackers, automation tools, and robust API for the rest.
- Fully customizable & flexible for the ever-changing needs of QA teams: customize fields, views, permissions, issue workflows and more
- Reuse tests and correlate results across different releases and products.
- Unique hierarchical filter trees - organize everything and find anything quickly.
- Never work twice - with anti-bug duplicates, permutations, step parameters and call to test
- Visualize data with advanced dashboards and reports
- Fast professional and methodological support
Meliora Testlab is easy to use but powerful Test management tool with all the required ALM features. Testlab offers excellent features to help you always make the right decisions - in design and testing phase. Testlab works perfectly with agile, DevOps and traditional projects.
- Full-featured requirements management module that allows you to design requirements/user stories or pull them real time from your tool of choice, such as JIRA.
- No-nonsense test design features that integrate to your requirements with more than just a link.
- Great visibility on testing in general. Testlab brings data on relevant views - no need to jump around the tool to find the information.
- Allows pulling automated tests and generate complete QA view combining manual testing, requirements, and findings.
- Fully customizable fields and workflows.
QMetry Test Management is an enterprise-grade test management tool that helps digital teams deliver high quality software faster. Its test management capabilities enable scaling from manual to Agile and DevOps. Built from the ground-up to enhance QA productivity, QMetry’s flagship tool integrates with many tools including Jira, authentication tools like LDAP and SAML; and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo.
- Fully modular test management: Create, import, add or track
- Version control to create and retain versions of test assets
- Real-time dashboard and custom reporting engine
- Plug and play solution with ability to select the features you want
- Omni-channel output right from defect management to traceability and coverage metrics
The Qmetry suite of tools is used successfully by 100,000+ users worldwide in BFSI, Hardware, Technology, Healthcare, Education and other industry verticals.
TestFLO is an advanced test management solution that gives organizations full flexibility in designing and executing test processes ranging from simple to highly customized, domain- or organization-specific ones. Thanks to its native integration with Jira, TestFLO doesn’t require any onboarding as users work in a familiar environment.
- Reuse test cases and test plans for quick test design
- Associate and track requirements
- Create and track defects
- Include testing data in Jira dashboards and filters
- Tailor the testing process with Jira and TestFLO mechanisms
- Evaluate the state of your testing cycle with various metrics
- Use TestFLO Automation to import automated test results from a CI server to Jira
Test Collab is a modern test management tool trusted by hundreds of enterprises.
- Simple and easy interface to manage your test cases.
- Seamless integration with bug tracking tool like Jira, Redmine, Asana, Mantis etc...
- Integration with any test automation tool
- In built time tracking and forecasting.
- Automatic creation of various combinations for your testing parameters, so you don't have to waste your precious time in creating multiple test executions.
- Automatic screenshot recorder, captures the screenshot of the issue and automatically uploads & link it to the test your tester is working on.
aqua (= aligned quality assurance) is an up-and-coming application lifecycle management solution for software quality assurance and IT project management. It is considered as an insider tip among experts.
aqua enables accelerated working and faster development processes. This tool aligns all relevant aspects of quality assurance and tailors them precisely to the needs of your company.
- Management of manual and automated test cases, requirements, and defects in one tool
- Agile project management with project plans that maintain themselves
- Control of test automation
- Visualized traceability
- Regression testing
- Seamless synchronization with JIRA
Zephyr is the #1 selling test management tool, providing end-to-end solutions for agile teams of all sizes. Get the flexibility, visibility, and insights you need to release better software FASTER
- 1-click Integration with JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Bamboo, and more
- Cloud, Server, and Data Center Deployment Options
- Advanced Analytics and DevOps Dashboards
- No Annual Commitment Required
ReQtest is a cloud-based test management tool that supports the testing team in overcoming the testing challenges and managing testing priorities. It is one of the leading ALM tools with test management capabilities. ReQtest offers an integrated test module to plan and execute tests easily. JIRA integration feature to improve the testing outcomes.
- Integrated test suite to plan, execute and follow up test cases
- Pre-filled and customized forms to write better test cases
- Report bugs instantly
- Extensive reporting with built-in charts & diagrams
- Get real-time insights to boost productivity
- Link requirements to test cases, test cases to test runs, bugs to test runs & more
Adaptavist Test Management is the #1 rated QA and Test Management app for Jira. It offers end-to-end traceability across issues, requirements, test cases, and execution. It has a free REST API to automate bulk tests. It comes with in-depth reporting to analyse and share test results. It’s the single source of truth to design, plan and track your whole test lifecycle.
- Intuitive interface designwith easy drag and drop for planning and execution
- Reuse test steps and data parameters
- Free REST API to automate and share test steps at scale
- Seamless test case syncing from other applications
- Track coverage with advanced project reporting
It is an open source and web-based test management tool. The tool includes planning, reporting, test specification, planning, reporting and requirement tracking. To track progress of the project, reports and charts are available while additional features include assigning keywords, specifying requirements and events log.
Important features of TestLink includes
- Charts Support
- Metrics Support
- Test creation and execution
- User-friendly UI
- Defect Recording
HP QC has been the most used test management software; it has all the features necessary in many ways. It is one of the high-end tools that provides robust tracking and reporting. ALM can also connect with an e-mail system and send e-mail for any changes to desired team members.
It is designed to avoid common errors faced while testing like bugs, slippage and regression due to inefficiencies in managing the tests. It provides integrated management with data stored in MySQL, and it allows scheduling and running fully automated or manual test campaigns. It can be integrated with all the continuous integration platforms.
Test lodge provides basic four aspects Test Plans, Requirements, Test Suites & Cases, and Test Runs. It has everything it requires to manage test cases while test plans can be generated quickly with ease. Testlodge can be integrated with your existing issue tracking tools to allow ticket and defect reports to be automatically created when a test case fails.
IBM Rational Quality Manager
IBM Rational Quality Manger can be used for automation to accelerate project schedules and report on metrics for informed release decisions. It can be used for tracking online test management, maintaining simple online library, tracking engineering releases, customer releases, etc. It is independent of platform, and it enables managing QA project effectively
Borland Silk Central
Silk Central allows you to unify all test assets into one easy-to-use planning, tracking, reporting and execution hub. With silk central it is easy to recreate issues they have found.
Main features of Borland Silk Central
- Insight into test execution with TestBook
- Create a subscription and generate reports according to your schedule
- It allows testers to share comments and raise questions by posting comments as they test, directly to TestBook
TestRail integrates with a ticket management tool called Gemini; it is one of the best test case management tool. With many other issue-tracking tools, it provides some external link for its test case creation and execution support. It comes with an HTTP-based API to integrate with the automated test results. It manages your functional, exploratory and automated tests with ease. It is a unique, and powerful UI scripts help to customize many aspects of the application and UI.
Main Features of TestRail
- Modern Test Management
- Track Test Results
- Reporting & Metrics
- Seamless Integration
- Flexible custom fields for project
Testuff is without limits- unlimited tests, testers, projects, and defects can be reported and managed. It is hightly secure and got full backed up environment. In testtuff, tests can be organized by projects, branches, and hierarchical suites. It also allows import and export data from Excel sheet.
Main features of Testtuff
- Integration with any number of bug trackers
- Communicate with team using Twitter integration
- Attach a video to defect reports
- Assign test to specific testers
- Shared steps
- Test Cycle planning using multiple labs
With Gemini, testers can relate their work with development team and customer incidents. Complex problems can be broken down into manageable items with no project limits. It is possible to assign items to multiple team members and also deliver any number of reports to any users or groups automatically. You can subscribe anyone to Gemini to receive notification related to product.
Gemini Main features
- Apps Framework
- Import and Export facility
- Test run records
Testopia is a test management extension of Bugzilla; it is designed for tracking test cases. You can also track the progression of weekly or release based testing done by various QA teams. Testopia allows you to create your own test cases, testing reports, and conduct test runs. It can help the QA members in speeding up the QA process, as it has a history of related defects for all its test cases.
Main Features of Testopia
- Test cases and results can be exported to CSV file
- Numerous bug fixes
- Uses the latest Extjs 3.0 library
- Set priorities on individual case runs
- Support XML export and import of test plans and children
- Relate to Bugzilla elements
- Make the connection between bugs and test cases
Fitnesse is a test framework that allows testers, developers and customers to collaborate to create test cases on wiki. This tool is a testing as well as the documentation tool and enables testers, customers, and programmers to create test cases in a platform independent way. Fitnesse works well with almost all programming languages and environment.
RTH-Turbo is an extension of RTH testing management tool. It allows requirement management, defect tracking, test case management, create test plan and analyze the test result. This tool is originally based on TestDirector form HP/Mercury.
Main Features of RTH-Turbo
- Test Case / Test Suite Writing
- Requirement management facility
- Requirement to release the association
- Support to integrate this tool with any test automation tool like Load Runner or Win Runner
Tarantula is an open source test management tool for managing software testing in agile software projects. It supports integration with JIRA, BugZilla, and Doors.
- Tags and Smart Tags for efficient agile testing
- Realtime dashboard views and reporting
- Case version history
- Traceability from requirements to defects
Stryka is an enterprise grade Test Management Tool available on desktop, mobile, and smart watches. Key features of Stryka are
- No installation required. It’s a SaSS tool.
- Adapts to any testing methodology. Supports Agile Testing and Continuous Delivery environments
- Robust Metric, Reporting, and Leaderboards
- Requirements Management, Defect Management & Manual/ Automated Test Execution all in one.
- Easy collaboration amongst all stakeholders
- Easy integration with popular testing tools like Selenium, Jira, Rally et.
Stryka is used by eBay, PepsiCo, Verizon, Vodafone and other fortune 500 companies.
Test Case Lab
Get a fresh look on test case management! When it comes to the best user experience, TestCaseLab gets the highest ranks. It is a tool which combines the incredible design with straightforward userflow. Now you won't waste your time learning the QA team on how to use the software, any user can start working instantly.
Besides that TestCaseLab offers a great pack of features required for every QA professional under very low prices. The cheapest plan starts from $28 / month and you won't need to pay extra charges per each user!
- Wide variety of test case properties
- Test Plans / Requirements
- Test Runs + assign users
- Advanced search
- Integration with: Jira, Redmine, Pivotal Tracker, Asana, YouTrack
- Export / Import
- Basic reporting / insights
- Activity stream, history log
- Real-time synchronisation
qTest Test Management is the #1 test management tool used by Agile testing teams. qTest provides an easy to learn, easy to use, scalable test management solution that allows testers to centralize, organize and speed up test management. qTest makes every step of the QA process simpler and more effective that includes:
- Managing requirements - full traceability between requirements and associated defects
- Test case repository - easily import, create, manage and organize test cases
- Executing test - manage test cycles, create and execute test runs
- Tracking defects - create custom queries to locate defects and export results into Excel
- Real-time, interactive out-of-the-box or customizable reports with advanced query capabilities
- Best-in-class, real-time JIRA integration at both the requirements and Defect levels
With over 10,000 users, 400 customers in 20+ countries, qTest is is one of the best test management solutions on the market today.
Apart from all these test management and QA tools there are few more tools but with limited features. Most of these tools provide just test case management and leave the bug tracking to be integrated via an external tool.
- VersionOne: It is a commercial product targeting the Agile projects. It has a test management module along with planning, reporting and others
- Aptest: It has all possible features one look into a test management tool
- Spiratest: This commercial tool integrates with automation and unit testing framework, comprising all the QA features in a single tool
- Test Wave: It is also a commercial product but does not require installation. This tool gives a facility to import your already existing requirements/test assets from excel sheets.
- Tosca : Tricentis Tosca Testsuite is an effective end-to-end testing suite for enterprises