There are many MongoDB management tools available in the market. These tools can improve the productivity of your MongoDB development and admin tasks. Here is the list of most popular MongoDB tools for your business with it's top features, use, and download link.
Navicat for MongoDB gives you a highly effective GUI interface for MongoDB database management, administration and development. Connect to local/remote MongoDB servers and compatible with MongoDB Atlas. Navicat for MongoDB offers notable features for managing, monitoring, querying, and visualizing your data. You can easily increase productivity performing for routine MongoDB operations.
- Seamless Data Migration
- Diversified Manipulation Tool
- Easy Query Editing
- Intelligent Object Designer
- Increase Your Productivity
- Smart Schema Analyzer
- Make Collaboration Easy
- Advanced Secure Connection
- Cross-Platform Licensing
MongoHub is a native Mac GUI tool for MongoDB. It provides easy option to connect with MongoDB server through an SSH tunnel which is useful from a security perspective.
- Open-source MongoDB tool under New BSD License
- Runs fast and is easy to install
- Users can develop their customized plug-ins
- Allows user to customize themes easily
Download link: https://github.com/jeromelebel/MongoHub-Mac
It is a cross-platform GUI tool for MongoDB. It supports fluent query builder API which enables users to build up a query using chaining syntax, instead of specifying a JSON object.
- It offers plenty of built-in snippets
- MongoBooster offers true IntelliSense experience. It offers all the possible methods, variables, and key words, collection names and field names
- In the script editor, parameter hints are shown. It also displays date range snippets and SQL to MongoDB conversion snippets
- It also supports in-place editing in result tree view
Download link: https://mongobooster.com/
4) MongoDB Compass:
MongoDB Compass is another effective too. It provides users with a graphical view of their MongoDB schema without the need of query language. It also analyses documents and displays rich structures inside this intuitive GUI.
- The tool allows to explore data visually
- MongoDB Compass analyzes documents and displays rich structures within one collection using Run ad-hoc queries in seconds
- Supports quick insight into server status and query performance
- Allows to view query performance
- A better approach to CRUD makes it easier to interact
- It helps users to take decisions about indexing, document validation, and more
- No need to write command line
Download link: https://www.mongodb.com/products/compass
5) Studio 3T:
Studio 3T is another useful tool for developers to work with MongoDB. This tool allows users to explore their local database or to work with shards and replica sets.
- Full compatibility with current and legacy releases of MongoDB
- Built-in drag & drop search support to create and find complex queries
- Secure connections for single MongoDB instances and replica sets
- Copy and paste documents across servers and databases
- Intelligently Explore MongoDB Data
- Effortlessly Compare and Synchronize Data
- Managing MongoDB users
- Real-time visual overview of various server operations
Download link: https://studio3t.com
RockMongo is a free, open source GUI based database administration tool for MongoDB. This tool makes the database admin tasks like creating, editing, deleting databases, reports, etc., really easy and fast.
- Open source under New BSD License
- Fast, easy to install and run load in the memory in no time
- Allows multiple hosts, and single host can have multiple administrators
- Provide support for password protection
- Advanced collection query tool
- Read, insert, update, and remove single row
- Query, create and drop collection indexes
- Clear all records in collection and change criteria which matched rows collection
Download link: https://github.com/iwind/rockmongo
phpMoAdmin is a MongoDB administration tool. It helps users to create, drop and repair database and indexes. It also provides support to view and search on data and Import/export data in JSON format.
- Nothing to configure
- Fast AJAX-driven XHTML 1.1 interface which operates seamlessly with every browser
- Works on different versions of PHP5 with the MongoDB database & Mongo PHP driver
- Includes multiple design themes to choose from
- Option to query using JSON or PHP-array syntax
- Allows Import and export data in JSON format
Download link: http://www.phpmoadmin.com/
MongoVUE is a MongoDB desktop application which gives a highly usable GUI interface to work with MongoDB. It allows the user to export collection data, monitor the performance servers or run simple visualization on your data. With the help of this tool, it is also possible to create indexes using point and click and then learn the particular command in MongoDB.
- Connection manager feature allows management of multiple connections to different MongoDB servers
- View MongoDB database in a hierarchical tree consisting of databases, collections, and indexes
- Select DB and collection statistics at the click of mouse
- Add new databases and collections using GUI
- Build indexes by specifying the JSON object
- Run Map-Reduce operations easily
- Import MySQL data to MongoDB automatically and start building applications quickly
- User Manager feature to add / edit/change password
- Export data to CSV and MS Excel formats
Download link: https://chocolatey.org/packages/MongoVUE
Mongo Express is a flexible node.js web application framework. It offers the robust set of features for building single and multi-page and hybrid web applications.
- Connect to multiple databases
- Allows to authenticate to individual databases
- Database blacklist/whitelist
- View/add/update/delete documents
- Add/get/delete incredibly large files
- User can use BSON data types in documents
- Connect and authenticate to individual databases
- Custom CA and CA validation disabling
Download link: https://github.com/mongo-express/mongo-express
UMongo, which was earlier called JMongoBrowser, is a GUI app that can browse and manage a MongoDB clusters.
- Allows to connect to a single server or a replica set
- It provides support for query options
- Display server status, DB stats, replication info, etc.
- Powerful GUI Document builder
- Import / Export data to different formats like JSON, BSON, and CSV
- Support for query options and option for last error
- Statistics server status, DB stats, replication info, etc.
- Mongo tree feature helps to get the real-time view of cluster
- Operations are executed in background to keep UI responsive
- Automatically repeat commands for background threads
Download link: https://github.com/agirbal/umongo
Genghis is one of the most popular MongoDB tools. It allows users to add multiple MongoDB hosts to its home screen, and switching between them is as easy as returning to the home.
- Support for basic database status, CRUD, etc.
- It is possible Installs into web app if the user using Ruby or PHP
- Allows to view contents and status of server with the help of browser
Download link: http://genghisapp.com/
12) Spring Data MongoDB:
Spring Data tool for MongoDB is part of the umbrella Spring Data project. It aims to provide a familiar and consistent Spring-based programming model for new data stores. The tool is also offering store-specific features and capabilities.
- MongoTemplate helper class to increase productivity performing for routine Mongo operations.
- It allows integrated object mapping between documents and POJOs.
- Annotation based mapping metadata and extensible to support other formats of metadata
- Persistence and mapping lifecycle events
- Allows low-level mapping using MongoReader and MongoWriter abstractions
- Automatic implementation of Repository interfaces including support for custom finder methods
- Cross-store persistence support for JPA Entities with fields transparently
- Map-Reduce integration
- JMX administration and monitoring
- CDI support for repositories
- Support for GridFS
Download link: http://projects.spring.io/spring-data-mongodb/
13) Mongo Explorer:
MongoExplorer is a MongoDB management tool. It is easy to use MongoDB tool which shows all the collections and documents of the database. It uses a convenient tree view for all type of documents
- Document in-place editing
- Simple and user-friendly graphical interface
- Display all the collections and documents of the database
- Full support for drag and drop functionalities
- Document in-place editing
- Simple and user-friendly graphical interface
- Shows all the documents and collections of the database
Download link: https://github.com/grennis/mongoexplorer
14) Nucleon Database Master:
Nucleon Database Master is one of the most powerful and easy to use MongoDB database administration, and management tool. It simplifies managing, monitoring, querying, editing, visualizing relational NoSQL DBMS.
- Support for JSON/LINQ/SQL Query Editor
- It offers powerful and intuitive SQL, LINQ and JSON query editor
- The tool provides notable features like code highlighting, code completion and text find and replace
- The users can export data into file formats like XML, HTML, MS Office, CSV, OpenOffice, RTF, PDF, XPS, JSON, dBase, and PNG
- It provides dynamic C# Scripting query editor which supports Linq to MongoDB and Linq to Dataset
- It allows importing data from XML, CSV, and SQL Script files without any size limit.
Download link: http://nucleonsoftware.com/downloads
15) NoSQL Manager:
This MongoDB GUI tool merges friendly UI and Shell power. It offers high performance with support for all the MongoDB and MongoDB Enterprise latest features. It also saves time for database developers and administrators.
- Fully featured MongoDB GUI Shell with code autocompletion, and syntax highlighting
- It offers support for replica sets, standalone hosts and sharded clusters connections
- Editor comes with three views Tree, Table, and JSON view modes
- Easy-to-use document viewer
- File Manager Tool to work with GridFS
- Simple view and management option for all types of MongoDB objects
- Import tables from MySQL and SQL Server databases
- Multiple Mongo host database connections
- Export documents to CSV, XML, XLSX, and JSON file formats
Download link: https://www.mongodbmanager.com/download
16) Mongo Management Studio:
Mongo Management Studio is another effective tool for MongoDB management. It is possible to execute all the regular MongoDB commands without using the MongoDB shell.
- Mongo Management Studio is cross-platform, so it runs on all major systems
- It offers support for MongoDB 3.0 / 3.2 / 3.4
- The app allows connecting to remote MongoDB databases using an SSH tunnel
- With Mongo Management Studio, it is possible to read and write to GridFS collections
- It offers a complete documentation of all features by explaining MongoDB related topics
- With its inline edit feature, it is possible to do data manipulation on the fly
Download link: http://mms.litixsoft.de
Edda is a log visualizer. It takes logs as input and creates a timeline of notable events in the MongoDB environment.
- Field name auto-completion in query builder
- Comes with Data loading indicator
- Human-friendly collection stats
- Disabling collection windows when there is no collection selected
- Separate Plugin for Twitter stream
- Works well on recent Internet browsers
Download link: https://github.com/mongodb-labs/edda
18) MongoJS Query Analyzer:
- The MongoJS Query Analyzer allows users to view the results in a tree hierarchy, grid and as a text result
- The MongoJS Pretty Print JSON feature allows displaying the JSON result in an easy to read format
- It displays query results in several ways; as text, text history, grid, and pivot grid.
- The contents of the Query Analyzer can be saved in different ways and formats
Download link: http://www.aquafold.com/aquadatastudio.html
Nosqlclient is another effective MongoDB management tool. It is an effortless way to manage MongoDB database. Its emphasis on end user's requests, and allows them to use full capabilities of modern browsers as well as desktop apps.
- It's free and an open source tool
- Update, delete and insert data without need of using queries
- Live RAM, CPU, read/write and active/queued charts
- Supports LDAP, GSSAPI, and Xs09
- Analyse schema and see its structure
- Use extended JSON in place of BSON
- Auto filed name completion for collections
- Dump restore for test MongoDB deployments
Download link: https://www.nosqlclient.com/
20) MongoDB Sharding Visualizer:
It is a Google Chrome app that provides an intuitive overview of a sharded cluster. This tool is an ideal alternative to the printShardingStatus () function available in the MongoDB shell.
- It provides two separate perspectives of the cluster's state
- It has a collections view where each rectangle represents a collection
- The shards view offers bar graph where the user can see every segment inside the shard represents a collection
- Slider view allows rewinding the state of the cluster
Download link: https://github.com/mongodb-labs/shard-viz
21) Cluster control:
ClusterControl offers fully automated security, maintaining the integrity of the database infrastructure. In this MongoDB tool, it is possible to deploy and manage various open source database technologies from a single console.
- The tool allows users to customize solutions for their own MongoDB deployments
- Easily add and remove nodes, resize instances, and clone production clusters with the help of this tool
- It provides single interface to automate mixed MongoDB and MySQL database environments
- It provides management features that repair and recover broken nodes, and test and automate upgrades
Download link: https://severalnines.com/product/clustercontrol/for_mongodb