There are many MongoDB management tools available in the market. These tools can improve the productivity of your MongoDB development and admin tasks.
Here is the list of most popular MongoDB GUI tools for your business with it's top features, use, and download link.
MongoDB GUI Tools for Windows & Mac
Studio 3T is an integrated development environment designed especially for teams working with MongoDB:
- Autocomplete queries with IntelliShell
- Drag and drop fields to visually build queries
- Use SQL, with INNER and OUTER joins, to query MongoDB
- Secure connections for single MongoDB instances and replica sets
- Copy and paste documents across servers and databases
- Effortlessly compare and synchronise data
- Build aggregation queries stage by stage
- Multiple ways to import & export, including SQL Migration
- Automate and schedule repetitive MongoDB tasks like imports
Robo 3T (formerly Robomongo) is the popular free GUI for MongoDB enthusiasts. This lightweight, open-source tool has cross-platform support and also embeds the mongo shell within its interface to provide both shell and GUI-based interaction. It is developed by 3T Software, the team behind Studio 3T, the IDE for MongoDB.
- Embedded shell environment
- Asynchronous, non-blocking UI
- Supports MongoDB 4.0
HumongouS.io is a powerful online MongoDB GUI with an intuitive UI even for non-technical users.
- The widget system lets you define how you want your collections to be displayed (clickable urls, formatted numbers, image previews...)
- Invite your colleagues directly from the app. No need to share database credentials anymore.
- You can access your data from anywhere as it works on Web and Mobile.
- The Smart Filters buttons can be configured to quickly filter your collections
- The Smart Search feature lets you search your database with just keywords.
- And it comes with an integrated Charts and Dashboards creation tool.
Supported platform: Web Desktop, Web Mobile
NoSQLBooster is the smartest MongoDB GUI with SQL query, server monitoring, and true IntelliSense.
- Offers a true IntelliSense experience. The build-in language service knows all possible completions, methods, properties, variables, keywords, even the MongoDB collection names, field names, and operators.
- Run SQL SELECT Query against MongoDB.
- Supports mongoose-like fluent query builder API.
- Offers rich performance monitoring and analysis tools
- You can use any Node.js build-in global objects and modules
SolarWinds MongoDB Monitoring Tool enables you to check the performance of the query using historical analysis. This application offers intuitive dashboards and visualizations.
- It can identify inconsistencies with MongoDB queries.
- DBAs and DevOps can easily track throughput, latency, errors, and more.
- The tool helps you to quickly solve the performance issue.
- You can monitor databases in the cloud, hybrid, or locally.
- Offers a web-based user interface.
dbSchema is a MongoDb designer and management tool for any SQL, NoSQL, or Cloud database. It enables you to design and interact with the database schema, create comprehensive documentation, synchronize the schema with the database, and so much more.
- Allows you to design virtual schema with your team.
- Offers visual database data explorer.
- You can work offline.
- Enables you to build a query with ease.
- It can automate your schema management.
- You can build detailed reports with images, buttons, and charts.
This MongoDB GUI tool merges friendly UI and Shell power. It offers high performance with support for all the MongoDB and MongoDB Enterprise latest features. It also saves time for database developers and administrators.
- Fully featured MongoDB GUI Shell with code autocompletion, and syntax highlighting
- It offers support for replica sets, standalone hosts and sharded clusters connections
- Editor comes with three views Tree, Table, and JSON view modes
- Easy-to-use document viewer
- File Manager Tool to work with GridFS
- Simple view and management option for all types of MongoDB objects
- Import tables from MySQL and SQL Server databases
- Multiple Mongo host database connections
- Export documents to CSV, XML, XLSX, and JSON file formats
8) MongoDB Compass:
MongoDB Compass is another effective tool. It is one of the best mongodb gui tools which provides users with a graphical view of their MongoDB schema without the need of query language. It also analyses documents and displays rich structures inside this intuitive GUI.
- This mongodb ui tool allows to explore data visually
- MongoDB Compass analyzes documents and displays rich structures within one collection using Run ad-hoc queries in seconds
- This mongodb editor supports quick insight into server status and query performance
- Allows to view query performance
- A better approach to CRUD makes it easier to interact
- It helps users to take decisions about indexing, document validation, and more
- No need to write command line
Download link: https://www.mongodb.com/products/compass
Nucleon Database Master is one of the most powerful and easy to use MongoDB database administration, and management tool. It is one of the best mongodb tools that simplifies managing, monitoring, querying, editing, visualizing relational NoSQL DBMS.
- This mongodb client supports for JSON/LINQ/SQL Query Editor
- It offers powerful and intuitive SQL, LINQ and JSON query editor
- This mongodb ui tool provides notable features like code highlighting, code completion and text find and replace
- The users can export data into file formats like XML, HTML, MS Office, CSV, OpenOffice, RTF, PDF, XPS, JSON, dBase, and PNG
- It provides dynamic C# Scripting query editor which supports Linq to MongoDB and Linq to Dataset
- This mongodb editor allows importing data from XML, CSV, and SQL Script files without any size limit.
10) Mongo Management Studio:
Mongo Management Studio is another effective tool for MongoDB management. It is possible to execute all the regular MongoDB commands without using the MongoDB shell.
- Mongo Management Studio is cross-platform, so it runs on all major systems
- It is one of the best mongodb tools that offers support for MongoDB 3.0 / 3.2 / 3.4
- The app allows connecting to remote MongoDB databases using an SSH tunnel
- With Mongo Management Studio, it is possible to read and write to GridFS collections
- This mongodb ide offers a complete documentation of all features by explaining MongoDB related topics
- With its inline edit feature, it is possible to do data manipulation on the fly
Download link: http://mms.litixsoft.de
11) MongoJS Query Analyzer:
- The MongoJS Query Analyzer allows users to view the results in a tree hierarchy, grid and as a text result
- The MongoJS Pretty Print JSON feature allows displaying the JSON result in an easy to read format
- This mongodb ide displays query results in several ways; as text, text history, grid, and pivot grid.
- The contents of the Query Analyzer can be saved in different ways and formats
Download link: http://www.aquafold.com/aquadatastudio.html
12) Cluster control:
ClusterControl offers fully automated security, maintaining the integrity of the database infrastructure. In this MongoDB tool, it is possible to deploy and manage various open source database technologies from a single console.
- This mongodb client tool allows users to customize solutions for their own MongoDB deployments
- Easily add and remove nodes, resize instances, and clone production clusters with the help of this tool
- It provides single interface to automate mixed MongoDB and MySQL database environments
- It provides management features that repair and recover broken nodes, and test and automate upgrades
Download link: https://severalnines.com/product/clustercontrol/for_mongodb
❓ What is MongoDB?
MongoDB is a document-oriented NoSQL database used for high volume data storage. Instead of using tables and rows as in the traditional relational databases, MongoDB makes use of collections and documents.
Learn MongoDB in simple and easy steps using this beginner's tutorial - Learn MongoDB in 7 Days.
🏅 Which factors to consider while choosing the best MongoDB GUI Tool?
You should consider the following factors before selecting the MongoDB GUI Tool
- Easy to set up in your existing systems.
- Ease of use.
- Support the extraction of data from various sources.
- End-to-end reliability.
- Extensive reporting.
- Ability to integrate with various data cleansing tools.
- License cost.
- Quality of Customer support.
- Support and Update the policy of the tool vendor.
- Reviews of the company.