Time-tracking software is a category of a computer program that allows a business teams to record times spent on specific projects or tasks. These kinds of programs provide statistics and reports that you can export in numerous file formats, including Excel, PDF, etc. You can use this software to identify time wasters and boost your team productivity
Following is a handpicked list of Best Time Tracking Software, with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source(free) and commercial(paid) software.
Best Employee Time Tracking Software: Free and Paid
|Time Doctor||14 Days Free Trial + Price Start at $7/User/Mo||Learn More|
|Toggl||Free for 5 User+ Price Start at $9/User/Mo||Learn More|
|HubStaff||Free for 1 User + Price Start at $7/User/Mo||Learn More|
|Buddy Punch||14 Days Free Trial + $25/User/Mo||Learn More|
|Time etc||$290 /month||Learn More|
1) Time Doctor
Time Doctor is one of the best time tracking softwares that helps you to improve the productivity of your employee. This employee monitoring software provides pop-up alerts which gives a reminder to record time while you are working.
- Time Doctor enables you to see app and web usage.
- You can view time spent chatting with other people.
- Takes screenshots of your desktop at regular interval of time.
- It records mouse clicks and keyboard events at regular time intervals.
- It provides detailed reports and free online timesheets for employees.
- It allows you to track “break time”.
- This tool can be used on any OS like Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, and more.
- You can integrate this time tracker app with other project management tools like Google Apps, Slack, GitHub, etc.
Toggl is one of the best time tracking software that provides a reminder when you are not tracking your time. It detects idle time and allows you to choose what to do with the task later. This program offers more than 100 application integration.
- It enables you to divide hours by projects, tasks, and clients.
- You can export a report in any format like Excel, PDF, or CSV (Comma-separated Values).
- This employee time tracking app offers one-click timers.
- You can continue previous project time entry for other projects.
- Projects can be easily identified according to colors.
- Send a weekly report of hours
HubStaff is a time tracking as well as productivity checking software. It is available as a web, desktop, or mobile app. This lightweight tool prevents slowing down your computer system.
- It provides automated work tracking facilities based on locations.
- You can add project budget limits, and this software product will provide alerts for it.
- HubStaff allows you to export a detailed timesheet.
- This program offers automated invoicing for fast payments.
- You can measure the productivity of the employee.
- It can monitor app and URL employees are using.
4) Buddy Punch
Buddy Punch is a time tracking software that enables you to manage your time with ease. It allows you to run a customized report to simplify payroll.
- You can integrate this application with payroll software. Allows you to monitor remote workers.
- Enables you to track sick leave and vacation tracking.
- You do not require any calculations or spreadsheets to manage your time.
- Enables you to track GPS location of employee.
- Supported platforms: Android and iOS.
5) Time etc
Time etc is a time tracking software that helps with your to-do-list, schedule management, inbox management. It allows you to work with multiple assistants, with the skills you need for no extra cost.
- Helps you to upgrade productivity of your team.
- Offers dedicated U.S. assistants.
- Manage your schedule.
- Helps you to transcribe audio or video.
- Sort your expenses and receipts.
TSheets is a time tracking and employee managing program for your company. This program runs in a mobile phone or web browser. You can use this employee time tracker app to edit, publish, as well as share the schedule with your team.
- Provides GPS based tracking to keep employees accountable.
- You can use this app for Android and iOS apps.
- Tsheets automatically set overtime rules.
- You can integrate with other accounting and payroll applications.
- This employee monitoring software provides payroll and timecard report.
VeriClock is an easy-to-use timekeeping application that accurately records working time. It replaces paper time sheets with online time tracking.
- You can track time from anywhere at your convenience.
- VeriClock enables you to monitor labor costs in real time.
- You can see employees in and out entries in real time.
- This time tracker app provides GPS Geotagging
TimeSolv is a cloud-based time tracking app. It is one of the best time tracking software that enables you to integrate with accounting software like QuickBooks, Xero Accounting, etc. You can use it to manage the expenses of your business.
- You can use this tool offline.
- It enables you to run multiple timers simultaneously.
- You can create a time limit for tasks.
- This program helps you to organize work by day, week, and month.
- It supports a variety of reports formats.
- You can group accounts receivable by the customer.
- Timesolv provides real time budget reports.
Webwork-Tracker is employee time tracking app and monitoring software. You can use this software to boost your team productivity. This program provides statistics and reports that you can export in numerous formats.
- It automatically takes screenshots in every ten minute interval.
- It helps you to manage website and app usage.
- Webwork-tracker helps you to set an hourly rate.
- This time tracker app provides automatic activity description.
- You can manage and track task progress effortlessly.
- It allows you to access the team’s contact information to communicate with your team.
- Robust roles with different permission settings.
DeskTime is an automatic time managing solution that can be used on mobile and desktop devices. This tool helps you to know what your employees are doing on their computers. It can calculate the total amount of time the user has spent on the PC.
- You can easily manage projects and invoice customers effortlessly.
- This employee time tracker app enables you to schedule day off and vacation time.
- You can see what websites or applications employees are using.
- DeskTime helps you to track the document title.
- You can mention the reasons for the absence.
- Effectively plan and schedule your team’s shifts in an effective way.
Paymo is one of the best time tracking software for tracking time. It enables you to measure the time spent on projects, tasks, or applications. This tool enables you to see the activities performed by all users.
- You can record time spent on tasks and projects in your browser.
- It helps you to handle events or holidays.
- This time tracker app provides a stopwatch to start or end work on an activity.
- You can attach files from Google Drive or your computer to a project or a task.
- It allows you to create a visual timeline of work done by your team members.
- It offers important updates in email.
- You can add bulk time.
Tickspot is a software and mobile app for handling time and budget. It enables you to toggle between multiple timers as you move from one task to another.
- You can enter time from any device like mobile phone, desktop app, or smartwatch.
- It enables you to breakdown hours by your projects and tasks.
- You can set budgets for individual work you have to do.
- This time tracker app auto-reset projects every month.
Harvest is a cloud-based time tracking app. This tool helps you to schedule new projects. It is one of the best time tracking software which gives a fast and simple way to manage your employees according to upcoming projects.
- You can record both time and expenses.
- It enables you to send professional invoices to your clients.
- Harvest provides a summary of raw timesheet data.
- This employee time tracking software offers a progress bar to see where your team’s time is going.
TimeCamp is a tool that provides time tracking and detailed reports for your work. You can seamlessly integrate this tool with other apps for managing your teams like Trello, Podio, and more.
- It provides a graphical view of your timesheet.
- You can get a notification when the client sees an invoice.
- This tool automatically tracks computer usage.
- It enables you to know a detailed history of employee work.
- TimeCamp provides attendance and absence analysis.
- You can integrate with numerous project management software.
Qbserve is a time tracking tool that automatically analyzes numerous websites, applications, and games you are accessing. It offers analysis based on opened documents, web pages, and window titles.
- It provides detailed reports for days, weeks, and months.
- You can get free online timesheets for employees with activity summary, timeline, as well as notes for every hour.
- Qbserve helps you to generate invoices in 18+ languages.
- This tool provides an option to ignore private browser tabs.
- You can set project rules before you start working on the project.
- It tracks hours automatically.
Hours app helps you to manage tasks you are performing on Mac. It provides feedback on your productivity. This tool generates invoices based on the collected data.
- You can quickly customize your invoice.
- It helps you to identify mistakes in the timeline.
- You can manage time from iPhone or Mac.
- You can switch from one list of timers to another effortlessly.
Clockify is an app for managing working hours. It helps you to easily track billable hours, productivity, and attendance. This app allows you to share reports with other people.
- It helps you to analyze the time in a timesheet.
- This application enables you to customize reports.
- You can see the current activity of your team.
- Clockify helps you to track unlimited projects.
- You can use this time tracking app to categorize time by project.
Timebro is a fully automatic time tracking application for your project. It captures computer activities, meetings, and time for you. You can export your hours on a specific project you are working on.
- It enables you to assign time slots to projects.
- You can calculate the monthly potential.
- Timebro stores all data on your device to maintain privacy.
- You can export working hours on projects with just one click.
19) BQE Core
BQE Core is an online solution that provides a hassle-free way to manage your work from any device. This tool has a dashboard that can be customized according to the projects.
- It offers a simple way to manage time and expense.
- You can monitor staff performance and improve your projects with no hassle.
- BQE Core enables you to handle the billing-related requirements with ease.
- You can run and share actionable reports with your team.
- It gives instant snapshot of computer activity every time you log in.
- You can create an unlimited number of dashboards.
- This time tracking app enables you to choose the orientation of the selected dashboard widget.
FunctionFox is a cloud-based time checking tool that enables users to track project costs, expenses, and project estimates. It helps to improve how employees are managing their timesheet and reach the deadline.
- It provides real time updates of your team and projects.
- You can check your team availability and know whether they can do the additional task or not.
- This employee time tracking software enables you to manage unlimited clients and projects.
- You can customize project status.
- FunctionFox helps you to manage the access rights of other users.
- You can estimate and track the budget.
- CEO dashboard contains a detailed dashboard for the project, personal overview, and client.
Avaza helps you to manage projects effectively, track time, manage team projects, expense, and invoice. It is one of the best time tracking software that supports more than one currency and language.
- You can create a new task, set deadlines, and assign it to the team.
- It allows you to view timesheet by day or week.
- This employee monitoring software enables you to zoom in and out to view your team’s assignment.
- You can track expenses in any currency.
- Avaza helps you to customize templates that suit your brand.
- You can send estimates from anywhere on any device.
❓ What is a Time Tracking Software?
Time tracking software is a computer program that allows employers and employees to track time spent on specific projects or tasks. Those include monitoring attendance, active and idle time, etc. Time Tracking Apps helps to boost your team productivity.
✅ Which are the Best Time Tracking Software?
Here are some of the best Time Tracking Software & Apps:
- Time Doctor
- Buddy Punch
- Time etc
🏅 Which factors to consider while choosing a Time Tracking Software?
You should consider the following factors before selecting Time Tracking Software
- Ease of use.
- Active/idle time.
- User activity.
- Data security.
- License cost.
- Integration with your current systems.
- Quality of Customer support.
- Support and Update the policy of the tool vendor.
- Reviews of the company.