Top SAP Solution Manager (SolMan) Interview Questions and Answers
1) Explain what is SAP solution manager?
SAP solution manager provides you the functionalities like the integrated content, methodologies, tools, etc., to implement, operate, monitor, and support an enterprise’s SAP solution. SAP solution manager manages the SAP and Non-SAP solutions in the IT landscapes of an organization.
2) List out the main components of SAP solution manager and what does each component delivers?
The main components of SAP solution manager include:
- Tools: It gives central access to the tools you require to implement your business solution. For example, Business Blueprint, Roadmap, Project administration,
- Provision testing
- Support and maintenance
- Monitoring and optimization
- Change Control
- Problem Management
- Content: It is a collection of information about the business process and stored in various formats. Content manager structures and manages this information
- Best Practices
- Gateway to SAP: You manage and monitor systems and business processes in your solution landscape in operational processing
- SAP Active Global Support
- SAP development
- Service delivery platform
3) Explain what is SAP solution manager diagnostics?
SAP solution manager diagnostics are a group of tools to monitor and analyze SAP systems. The main tools are workload analysis, exception analysis, trace analysis, and change analysis.
4) Mention the benefits of SAP Solution Manager?
Benefits of SAP Manager Solution include:
- Automated configuration tracking
- Easy Integration
- Faster ROI
- Reduced administration effort
- Improved patch and upgrade management
- Automated Alerts
- Lowering cost
- Centralized management
- Automated Alerts
5) Mention what are the features of Change Request Management?
Change request management features include:
- Search and Monitoring
- Change documentation
- Manage project phases
- Request for Change Scope
- Enhanced Approval Process
- Transport Management
- Test Management
6) How SAP change request management is helpful?
SAP change requests management addresses the following questions:
- Which change requests are in process or completed?
- How long do change requests take to be completed?
- Which transports belong to which change request and vice-versa?
- What is the current transport status?
- How many incidents triggered a change request?
- How many change requests were declined?
7) Explain how SAP Solution Manager helps in testing?
SAP solution manager helps in speeding up test preparation and execution. It gives a single point of access to the complete system landscape and allows the centralized storage of testing materials and test results to support cross-component testing.
8) List out the features of the business blueprint?
The features of the business blueprint include:
- Blueprint Structure
- Business Process Group
- Associated Items
- Business Scenarios
- Blueprint document
9) Mention what key approaches are supported by the SAP Solution Manager in the implementation phase?
The process-oriented implementation approach is supported by the SAP solution manager in the implementation phase.
10) Mention the transaction code for project administration in SAP Solution Manager?
For project administration, the transaction code is SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN.
11) What is the transaction code for Business Blueprint in SAP Solution Manager?
For SAP Solution Manager, the t-code for Business Blueprint is Solar01.
12) Mention what are the key features of Solution Manager Diagnostics?
Solution Manager Diagnostic feature focuses on root cause analysis for SAP Web Application Server Java Stack and SAP Enterprise Portal with the following features:
- Central configuration display
- Central log file viewer
- Software change tracking
- Portal monitoring and single activity trace
- HTTP analysis
- Java performance analysis
- Java thread dumps analysis
- Load tests with mercury load runner