Here are Qlikview Interview Questions for fresher as well as experienced candidates to get your dream job.
1) What is QlikView?
Qlikview is a business intelligence tool which is used for converting raw data into knowledge. This software acts like a human brain that works on “association” and can go into any direction to search the answers.
2) How to create a QVD file?
You can create QVD file using the syntax: STORE<Name of table>INTO<Path\FileName.qvd>
3) List chart types that can be used in QlikView Admin
Chart types that can be used in QlikView Admin are line charts, bar charts, combo charts, grid charts, scatter charts, etc.
4) What is Trellis chart?
A trellis chart is a grid of charts. It is generally a repetition of a chart across a grid.
5) What is a Pivot table?
A pivot table is defined as a table of summary that is a table that allows you to extract the information from a large data set.
6) What is QlikView objects that have the only expression but no dimension?
QlikView objects that have the only expression but no dimension are: 1) Gauge chart, and 2) list box.
7) How to use macros in the application?
Macros can be used for verities of purposes like recording application and creating an object.
8) How to set layers in QlikView?
Layers are set on sheet object properties in the layout tab, where there are options like top, bottom, and normal, respective to the numbers 0, −1, and 1.
9) Explain the use of IntervalMatch() function.
IntervalMatch () function is used to create data buckets of various sizes.
10) What is a container?
A container object is used to keep more than one chart in the same box.
11) What are the types of Join?
Types of joints are 1) Left Join, 2) Right Join, and 3) Inner Join.
12) Explain three tiers of QlikView Application
Three tiers of QlikView Application are:
- Tier I: Raw data is first loaded, and then QVD (QlikView Data) is created
- Tier II: QVD is transformed into a business login, and its need and data model is created.
- Tier III: Reading all QVD, which are there in Tier II, and one QVW is made.
13) What are the delimited files?
A delimited file is a text file in which the data field values and data fields are separated by a semicolon, tabs, comma, etc.
14) What is inline data?
Inline data means the data set that can be defined by the developer well as load in QlikView itself.
15) Explain XML files
XML is the acronym for Extensible Markup Language. It is used to structure, store, and transport data from one system to another. This markup language is similar to HTML.
16) How to load Web files into QlikView?
QlikView developers can load web files into QlikView using the script editor. It can be achieved by going to the data tab and select the ‘Web Files’ option.
17) What are the different types of data load in QlikView?
There are seven types of data load in QlikView are: 1) Load from files, 2) Resident Load, 3) Incremental Load, 4) Inline Load, 5) Add Load, 6) Buffer Load, and 7) Binary Load.
18) How to connect a database from the script editor?
Qlikview developers can connect to a database by selecting the connection method available in OLEDB (Object Linking and Embedding, Database) or ODBC (Open Database Connectivity) and then clicking on the Connect button.
After this, they need to select a Data Source Name (DSN) from the list of available databases.
19) Define Resident Load
Resident Load means file or table which are already been loaded and is residing in the memory of QlikView.
20) What is Binary Load?
A binary load is one of the types of data loaded from QlikView file into the computer’s RAM. The data from this file is loaded from 0s and 1s.
21) What is QVD file?
QVD file is defined as a collection of tables having data created in QlikView. It can be easily read or written in QlikView.
22) Explain Kurtosis() and Skew() functions
Kurtosis() and Skew() are two different types of statistical aggregate functions.
Kurtosis() function measures the peak of the curve, whereas Skew () measures the symmetry in a distribution curve.
23) Mention two types of Match() function in QlikView
Mention two types of Match() function in QlikView are: Match() and Wildmatch().
24) What is the main difference between the multi-box and list box?
A multi-box is a compressed table that shows multiple table fields, whereas the list box shows all the values of single table fields in the form of a list.
25) Explain Architecture of Qlik view
The Qlik view architecture comprises of three main components, namely
- QlikView Server
- Qlik View Publisher
- QlikView Desktop.
All these components collectively help in designing, developing, and implement the QlikView application.
- QlikView Desktop: The QlikView Desktop is a Windows-based development tool. It is used by developers to use to create the QlikView data model and GUI layout for application to use at the frontend.
- QlikView Server (QVS): Applications created in the desktop version are hosted on Qlik View Server (QVS) so that users can access and use them anywhere. A QlikView server maintains communication between client/end users.
- QlikView Publisher: The QlikView Publisher is an optional mobile for the QlikView server-side component. This component allows you to fetch data from a data source like standard data files, Salesforce, and load data directly into QlikView files.
- QlikView Management Console: Qlick view management console is a platform that centrally manages all the other QlikView components. It is a web-based interface and a server-side app controlled by IT professionals.
- QlikView User Access: QlikView User Access allows customers to access and manipulate data files. The access points for the user are mostly web browsers which can open using a desktop, mobile, laptops, etc.
26) Explain QlikView Dashboard
QlikView’s dashboard is a sheet or document that consist of various kind of sheet objects containing the load data in QlikView.
27) Mention different components of a dashboard
Various components of the dashboard are: 1) Input Boxes, 2) Texts or list box Objects, 3) Selection Boxes, 4) Charts, 5) Notes and Comments.
28) Explain the basic difference between SELECT and LOAD statements
LOAD statement is used to load data from all files, from inline data, previously loaded data, autogenerated data, etc.
On the other hand, a SELECT statement is used to load data from OLE DB or ODBC data sources.
29) Explain synthetic Keys
Synthetic keys are keys which are used when two or more tables contain more than one common column among them.
30) What is a mapping load?
Mapping load is a method of creating a mapping table that can be used for replacing field names and field values.
31) Define concatenation
Concatenation is defined as a sequence of interconnected things. Any rows or columns which are related to each other can be connected using concatenation.
32) What is the difference between QlikView Server and QlikView Publisher?
QlikView Server is a Applications created in the desktop version are hosted on Qlik View Server (QVS) so that user can access and use them anywhere. The QlikView Publisher is an optional mobile for the QlikView server-side component.
33) What are the features of Qlikview?
Features of Qlikview are:
- The data association is maintained automatically.
- Qlikview data is stored in memory for multiple users to offers a super-fast user experience.
- Transparent reporting and Scalability with Data Integration.
- Various forms of data presentation.
- Fast implementation.
- Unique data discovery & global search.
- Secure working environment.
- Visual analytics & in-direct searches.
- Flexibility & integrations.
- Consistent reporting.
34) What is QlikView annotation?
QlikView annotation helps users to engage in threaded discussions with content. If one user creates a note associated with the QlikView object, then other users can add comments on it.
35) Mention date and time functions
Date and time functions are: 1) localtime(), 2) month(), 3) Today(), 4) makedate(), 5) year(), 4) week(), 5) month(), 6) timezone(), 7) year(), 8) GMT(), and 9) day().
36) What are the various types of tables in QlikView?
Different types of tables in QlikVIew are:1) Pivot table, 2) Straight table, 3) Cross table, 4) Mapping table, etc.
37) Differentiate the Let and Set options in QlikView
- Let assigns a variable to value only after assigning the expression.
- The set option assigns a variable to a value without assessing any expression.
38) What are the four types of CAL?
Four types of CAL are:
- Usage CAL
- Named CAL
- Document CAL
- Session CAL
39) What are Sheets in QlikView?
A Sheet divides a QlikView document into more than one section. Each document has at least one sheet in it. The user can even add more sheets.
40) Mention ways to invoke Script Editor
There are two ways to invoke script editor:
1) The developer can use the shortcut key Ctrl + E or
2) Pressing edit script icon.
41) Define the buffer load
A buffer load is a method to create a file using a buffer prefix in the memory of Qlikview for future use.
42) Mention the types of authorization implemented at multiple levels in QlikView
The types of authorization implemented at multiple levels in QlikView are:
- Data level
- Column level
- Sheet Level
- Chart level
43) Differentiate between QV Publisher and QV Server
QV Server is a program which is installed in a physical server with a number of CALs to users to access QV files on the server. QV Publisher is a program that gives control of all QV files and how to schedule them.
44) Explain P() and E() function in the Set analysis
Developers can use P() function to return all possible values whereas, E() function is used to return a set of all excluded values.
45) List different types of data connections are used in QlikView
Different types of connections used in QlikView are: 1) ODBC, 2) SAP, 3) OLEDB, and 4) connectors.
46) What are the uses of macros in the application?
Macros are generally used to:
- To create objects.
- To reload the application
47) Explain the use of the Interval match function ()
Interval match function() is used to generate data buckets of different sizes.
48) List various services of the QlikView Server Environment
Various services of QlikView Server Environment are:
- QVS (QlikView Server)
- QVWS (QlikView WebServer)
- DSC (Directory Service Connector)
- QMS (QlikView Management System)
- QDS (QlikView Distribution Services)
49) What is the need of a master calendar?
The master calendar is needed to create additional date values that are not captured in the analyzed data.
50) Define aggr() Function
Aggr() is a chart function that produces a virtual table, having one expression and grouped by dimensions. The result of this function can be used by further outer aggregation function(s).
51) Explain Circular loops in QlikView
A circular loop is a concept that is created when the relationship between two tables can be established directly or through the third table.
52) What is the need for promote or demote table box property?
Promote or demote enables developers to rearrange the columns in the Table box that is shown in the sheet.
53) Mention three options that available under the rotate table functionality for data transformation
Three options that available under the Rotate table functionality for data transformation are:
1) Rotate Left,
54) How to set the table structures of data loaded to the memory of QlikView?
Use Table viewer option available under the file menu to set the tables and their relationships.
55) Define selection indicator in QlikView document
A selection indicator indicates the type of association between data which is there in different sheet projects.
56) Explain the concept of fuzzy search in QlikView
QlikView fuzzy search can find all the values according to the degree of resemblance to the string. The same result will be displayed even if the spelling is not match character by character.
57) Explain bookmark in QlikView
A bookmark can capture the selections in all the states mentioned in the QlikView document. It can be saved and accessed in the future.
58) Explain the main difference between user bookmark and a shared server bookmark
The main difference between user bookmark and a shared server bookmark is that the User bookmark is saved in user PC while a shared server bookmark is saved in the server and can be accessed by all the users.
59) Mention popular ways to triggered QlikView alerts
Various popular ways to triggered QlikView alerts are1) automatically, 2) manually, and 3) external program having QlikView API.
60) Mention two ways to insert load statements into the script editor
Two ways to insert load statements into the script editor are: 1) inline, and 2) form file.
61) When to use the “Force 32 Bit” option?
“Force 32 Bit” option is used while connecting to a database using ODBC and when only provides the 32-bit driver.
62) What is the subset ratio?
The subset ratio is a ratio between the total numbers of distinct values found in the table compared to distinct values in the field whose subset ratio is needed.
63) What is the use of the ScriptErrorCount system variable?
ScriptErrorCount system variable used to get the number of statements that have caused errors during script execution.
64) Define Dimensions
Dimensions are measurements that permit information examination from different points of view.
65) What is the use of binary statements in QlikView?
The binary statement is used to load data parts of a QlikView document.
66) What is the use of the garbage option in the data transform wizard?
The garbage option in the data transform wizard is used to mark and delete the data which is not needed or jumbled.
67) How to split the data in a table vertically or horizontally
The data of the table can be split vertically or horizontally using the unwrap transformation.
68) Mention the difference between NullAsValue and NullAsNull
NullAsValue enables linking of data that are null while NullAsNull treats the null values as missing values and does not allow linking of data.
69) What is the difference between QlikView and Qlik Sence?
The difference between QlikView and Qlik Sence is:
|QlikView is a hidden script.||Qlik Sense can be used anywhere in code.|
|ETL and OLAP are supported.||ETL and OLAP are not supported.|
|Supports SaaS/ multi-cloud platform.||It does not support SaaS/ multi-cloud platform.|
|Data mining or analytics is not possible.||Data mining or analytics is possible.|
70) What is QlikView data transformation?
Data transformation is the method of changing the existing data to a new data format. It also involves filtering or adding specific values to the existing data set.
71) What is rotating tables in QlikView?
The rotating table in QlikView helps you to transpose columns in multiple directions, and they give different results.
72) Explain context cell expansion in QlikView
Context cell expansion in QlikView is used to expand the contents of one cell into several cells in the table.
73) What is the use of Fill Tab in the data transform wizard?
Fill Tab in data transform wizard is used to fill in empty cells with adjacent cell values.
74) Mention the advantages of using a theme?
The theme contains UI attributes in a single file when any new object is created, it can be load from the theme.
75) What is the main difference between the grid chart and scatter chart?
The main difference between the grid chart and Scatter chart is that scatter chart plots data points representing the combinations of expressions iterated over one or many dimensions. The grid chart is a variant of a scatter chart that plots values on the axes. It uses an expression to determine the plot symbol.
76) What is apply map?
Apply map is a script function that is used for mapping output of expression, which is loaded previously in the mapping table.
77) What are the status in the QlikView management console?
A status tab of the QlikView management console enables you to see the status of the executed tasks.
78) What are the documents in QlikView?
The document contains the subtabs for source and document folders. Source documents contain a dashboard created by the developer, and the user document folder contains a published dashboard.
79) What is users tab in QlikView?
Users tab is used to configure users and client access licenses system. It contains information regarding the QlikView server environment and various services.
80) Explain the central link table
The central link table contains a combination of existing data. It helps you to merge event dimensions.
81) Define straight table
The straight table is a table that is used at the time of sorting according to the column.
82) What are the best ways to use macros in the application?
The best way to use macros are to create objects and for reloading the application.
83) What is the major difference between subset ratio and information density?
Subset ratio is used to spot the problem in the key field association, while information density is used to know the percentage of a row that contains not null value.
84) Define fact constellation schema
Fact constellation schema is a logical database structure of data warehouse that can be designed with the help of denormalized Fact.
85) What is the difference between ODBC, OLEDB, and JDBC?
The difference between ODBC, OLEDB, and JDBC is:
|ODBC is API for accessing DBMS||OLEDB is API that allows accessing data from a wide range of sources uniformly.||JDBC is API for Java that defines how a client can access the database.|
|The full form of ODBC is Open Database Connectivity||The full form of OLEDB is Object Linking and Embedding Database.||The full form of JDBC is Java Database Connectivity.|
86) What is Qlik Sense?
Qlik Sense is one of the majorly used tools for data visualization and data analysis. It allows you to search and refine large data sets and thereby finding sets of data, thus finding useful insights.
87) List various Name the services managed by Qlik Management Console (QMC)
Various Name the services managed by Qlik Management Console (QMC) are:
- Task management
- Application management
- Data monitoring
- Security administration
- Data connectivity
88) What is QIX Engine?
QIX is an interactive engine which coordinates and facilitates all the major functionalities in Qlik sense like:
- In-memory data calculations and data indexing.
- Self-service interactions.
- Start searching.
- Correlate with a scheduler, applications, and repository.
89) Explain streams in Qlik Sense
A stream is a number of people having the authorization to analyze the applications which are published .applications.
90) What is Qlik master library?
Master library is a concept that helps programmers to eliminate development errors and repetition.
91) What is the use of set analysis?
Set analysis is used to define a group of data values that are different from the general settings, which are defined in the current selections.
92) What is a line chart?
The line chart is majorly used in Qlik Sense. It shows the trends over time. A chart displays measures that are on the y-axis and dimensions on the x-axis. A line chart is mainly used to track the changes.
93) What is cross table?
Cross table is a common type of table having values between two lists of header data.
94) What is the windows installer?
The Windows installer a standard for software installation, repair, removal, modification, etc.
95) Mention databases that can be connected with Qlikview
The databases that can be connected with QlikView are: 1) MySQL, 2) Oracle, 3) Progress, 4) MS Access, 5) DB2, 6) SQL Server, and 7) Informix.
96) Mention steps or ways to load web files into Qlikview
Steps to load web files into QlikView are:
Step 1) Use the script editor and go to the Data Tab.
Step 2) Select web files option.
Step 3) Paste the URL you want to load.
Step 4) Click Ok button.
97) List major functions available in QlikView
Major functions available in QlikView are:
- Exponential and logarithmic
- Date and time
- General Numeric function
- Trigonometric and hyperbolic function
- Number Interpretation
- Mapping Function
- Logical function
98) Mention the types of files that can be loaded in QlikView
Types of files that can be loaded in QlikView are: 1) .html, 2) .xml, 3) .xls, 4) .CSV, 5) .kml, 6) .qvd and 7) .qvx files.
99) Why is the Unwrap function used?
The Unwrap function is used to undo the operations that are performed by the wrap () function.