What is Node.js?
What is Python?
Python is an object-oriented, high level, dynamic and multipurpose programming language. Python's syntax and dynamic typing with interpreted nature, make it an ideal language for scripting.
It supports multiple programming patterns, including object-oriented programming, functional programming, or procedural styles. Moreover, it an interpreted language which means it cannot convert to computer-readable code before its runs at runtime.
In this compariosn, we will cover
- It uses a single threaded model with event looping. This type of event mechanism benefits the server to respond in a non-blocking way.
- There is no buffering in Node.js as applications output the data in pieces.
- It allows low-level modules inclusion to the Python interpreter. These modules allow programmers to add or customize their tools.
- It provides interfaces to all major commercial databases.
- It supports functional and structured programming methods as well as OOP.
- It offers high-level dynamic data types and supports dynamic type checking.
- It can be easily integrated with C, C++, COM, ActiveX, CORBA, and Java.
|Node.js is best suited for asynchronous programming||Python is not exactly the best option for asynchronous programming.|
|Node.js lacks the clean coding standards. That's why it cannot be recommended for larger projects.||It is ideal for a large project as it can do anything that can be done using PHP code.|
|Node.js is an ideal platform available right now to deal with real-time web applications.||Not an ideal platform to deal with real-time web applications.|
|It best suited for small projects to enable functionality which needs less amount of scripting.||Python is suited for developing larger projects.|
|Best for memory intensive activities.||Not advisable for memory intensive activities.|
|Node.js is a better choice if your focus is on web applications and website development.||Python is an ideal platform to do multiple things - web applications, integration with back-end applications, numerical computations, machine learning, and network programming.|
|Node.js supports callback. Its programming is based on event/callback that makes it process Faster.||It supports generators which makes it much simpler.|
Selecting a development platform is significant steps in the app development phase. Node.JS and Python are certainly two highly discussed languages nowadays. Let where we can use Node JS and when to use python.
Node.js offers greater performance and speed. It is an ideal solution for developing messaging or chatting applications. It is also useful for developing heavy-load applications and e-commerce sites that depend on the speed of processing.
Apps best suited with Node JS:
- I/O bound Applications
- Data Streaming Applications
- Data Intensive Real-time Applications (DIRT)
- JSON APIs based Applications
- Single Page Applications
Python has a library of open source data analysis tools, web frameworks, and testing instruments. Therefore, its ecosystem one of the largest out of any programming community.
Python is a most accessible language for new programmers as community provides many introductory resources. The language is also taught in universities and used for working with beginner-friendly devices such as the Raspberry Pi.
Python is also featuring consistency, stability, and easiness of use. It is highly preferred for developing scientific applications, big data solutions, and government projects.
Apps best suited with Node JS
- Python is an object-oriented, high level, dynamic and multipurpose programming language. It has features like support for major databases, functional and statured programming, etc.
- Node.js can be used for client and server web development.
- Python is best suited for developing scientific and big data solutions.
With above-given points, we can say that no language is good or bad. In fact, both Node.js and Python will ensure reliable, consistent and effective solutions by implementing the correct method and using the right approach.