What is Photoshop?
Photoshop is a photo editing and raster graphic design software which allows users to create, edit, and manipulate various graphics as well as digital art. It also allows to create and edit raster images with multiple layers and import the images in various file formats. Photoshop is developed by Adobe Systems for both Windows and MacOS.
This is a photoshop basics for designers in the latest version of adobe photoshop CC with Guru99.
We are going to cover Introduction to Photoshop and a lot of features which are commonly used by each and every designers to create some composites or any design or to make any illustrations or even just doing some simple retouching on Photoshop latest version.
So we are going to cover some most common features like workspace, layers, smart objects, blend modes, selections techniques, filters and much more Photoshop basics and necessary features that every designers use to work on photoshop.
Adobe Photoshop Version History
Photoshop was created in 1988 by Thomas Knoll and John Knoll and the official distribution license of the program was purchased by Adobe Systems. Since then, so many Photoshop versions have been released. Following are the most popular Adobe Photoshop versions:
- 2003 – Photoshop CS (Version 8)
- 2005 – Photoshop CS2 (Version 9)
- 2007 – Photoshop CS3 (Version 10)
- 2008 – Photoshop CS4 (Version 11)
- 2010 – Photoshop CS5 (Version 12)
- 2012 – Photoshop CS6 (Version 13)
- 2013 – Photoshop CC (Version 14)
- 2014 – Photoshop CC 2014 (Version 15)
- 2015 – Photoshop CC 2015 (Version 16 and Version 17)
- 2016 – Photoshop CC 2017 (Version 18)
- 2017 – Photoshop CC 2018 (Version 19)
- 2018 – Photoshop CC 2019 (Version 20)
- 2019 – Photoshop 2020 (Version 21)
- 2021 – Photoshop 2021 (Version 22)
Now we will go to start with the first topic about workspace.
We will see in this about Adobe Photoshop introduction and how we can setup our Photoshop to our best useful workflow, because there are so many industries which use photoshop in so many different ways for their specific purpose.
So let’s get started and talk about workspace in photoshop CC.
Learn more: What is Adobe Photoshop CC? Meaning & Definition
Click here if the video is not accessible
- Photoshop Definition and Meaning: Photoshop is an image-editing and graphic design software developed and published by Adobe Inc for both Windows and macOS.
- Adobe launched its latest Photoshop version – December 2021 release of Photoshop 2022 (version 23.1)