InDesign is a typesetting and desktop publishing software tool developed by Adobe. It helps you to create flyers, posters, brochures, books, newspapers, magazines, and more.
However, InDesign has some limitations like editing mathematic equations or formula is difficult. Moreover, you need to put lots of effort to balance the distance between the two texts.
Here is a curated list of Top tools that are capable of replacing InDesign. The list contains both open source(free) and commercial(paid) software.
Canva is a tool that helps you to create designs with your team. It provides drag and drop interface to design, share, and print presentations, business cards, logos, and more. This tool also helps you to make impressive data visualizations by creating a graph.
- It provides professionally designed templates to boost your workflow.
- You can add text to photos.
- Canva enables you to publish, share, or download your HD graph.
- You can embed the graph in infographics, presentations, etc.
- It offers a speech bubble for making a dialogue.
- You can enhance your photo with numerous effects.
Microsoft Office Publisher is a tool that enables you to create postcards, newsletters, brochures, and more. It offers numerous built-in templates that you can use to develop a professional design without any hassle.
- Microsoft Office Publisher helps you to create professional layouts.
- You can easily design unique materials that suit your purpose.
- You can send professional-quality email publications to your audience.
3) Affinity Publisher
Affinity Publisher is a strong Adobe Indesign competitor. It can be used on Microsoft Windows, macOS, and Linux. You can use this tool to create magazines, books, posters, brochures, stationeries, and more.
- You can frame the image with intelligent scaling options.
- It enables you to add more than one link together.
- You can have customized formatting in your tables.
- Affinity allows you to style your text across all pages in your document.
- You can make any curve and type with it.
- It offers artistic effects for titles.
- This tool provides a baseline grid to ensure that your text is aligned.
DesignCap is an easy-to-use graphic design tool that you can use directly in your browser. It offers tons of resources, allowing you to make professional-looking images and graphics like infographics, reports, business cards, social media art, etc.
- It has thousands of templates for various themes.
- It puts at your disposal countless stock images and quality icons.
- You have the possibility to upload your photos as well.
- Directly add charts and import data from the spreadsheet.
- Default layouts can be easily customized with different elements like text, module, background, etc.
- Share the design anywhere you want.
Lucidpress is a simple cloud-based desktop publishing software product. It provides one platform for creating templates for your brand. You can use this tool to customize your marketing material.
- You can create a basic template from scratch effortlessly.
- It allows you to lock elements of images.
- You can personalize templates.
- It enables you to upload brand's logo, fonts, colors, and more.
- Your colleagues can share design online.
- It provides smart fields for frequently used information like name, contact info, title, and more.
- You can create, print as well as send flyers, postcards, directly within Lucidpress editor.
Desygner is a web-based online editor that helps users to create and design websites and marketing material. It enables you to create changes from computer, phone, or laptop. You can use this tool to change text, images, fonts, etc.
- It allows you to work with layers, multiple page files, and effects.
- This tool has a range of professional templates.
- You can share your design through Facebook, email, Instagram, etc.
- It automatically resizes your designs.
- You can edit your designs from a computer, mobile, or laptop.
Crello is a graphic design application that enables you to make images for social media and other web-based graphics. It contains numerous formats and ready to use templates for developing videos and presentations.
- It has a collection of more than 500,000 photos.
- You can use this tool to create eye-catching visuals.
- Crello allows you to create images, videos, and animation that suit your marketing needs.
- It offers a design that matches printouts, presentations, and stories.
8) Conga Composer
Conga Composer is a tool that makes it easy to create and deliver documents, presentations, and reports. It has numerous richly formatted templates. This app allows you to consolidate, schedule, and deliver important documents.
- It helps you to simplify and automate your documents and reports.
- You can integrate it with CRM (Customer Relationship Management), CPQ (Configure Price Quote).
- You can store files directly on Google Drive, Box, Amazon S3, Dropbox, and more.
- It automatically distributes digital documents from Salesforce CRM.
QuarkXPress is an application that helps you to create and edit complex page layouts in a WYSIWYG environment. It provides a range of responsive web design with numerous layouts.
- You can design a website with HTML5 in WYSIWYG editor.
- You can add effects like drop shadows, vector shapes, video, and more to your web page.
- It supports for advanced typography.
- You can create vector shapes and illustrations.
- It allows you to use video as a website background.
- QuarkXPress allows you to design responsive layouts in Android and iOS apps.
Piktochart software helps you to create infographics, posters, presentations, flyers, etc. It enables you to create a password, protect your designs, and share them with your teammates.
- It provides 1000 professionally designed templates.
- You can add animated icons, interactive charts, videos, and images.
- This tool helps you to collaborate with others to review your work.
- You can share your work directly to your social media accounts.
Canvas is an adobe InDesign alternative that is used for creating drawings, architectural design, floor plans, and more. You can combine graphical elements in a single document. It comes with numerous technical symbols.
- You can import and export numerous data formats.
- Canvasgfx allows you to create, place, and edit mathematical equations.
- It provides a toolset for image editing and vector illustration.
- You can combine overlapping vector objects to create complex pages.
- It helps you to draw vector curve paths with a brushstroke.
- You can draw isomorphic projection using guides.
12) Windward studios
Windward studios is a tool that offers document automation solutions. It helps you to integrate it with your custom app or CRM. You can also use this application to create visually dynamic spreadsheets and slide shows.
- It enables you to customize document content and format the way you like.
- You can design your template in less time without taking the help of a programmer.
- It helps you to customize and edit your documents using the Microsoft office suite.
- This tool directly works with your current data sources to generate accurate documents.
Scribus is an Open Source application that helps you to design web page layout for Windows, macOS, and more. It can be used to create interactive forms and PDF presentations.
- It stores data in XML format so that it can be easily analyzed using any text editor.
- This application offers a reliable color management solution.
- It offers numerous options related to PDF export.
- Scribus provides more than 200 color pallets.
Swift Publisher is an easy publishing and page layout software specifically design for Mac. This tool has 500+ project templates and more than 2000 images. You can use it to create brochures, business cards, labels, and more.
- This tool has a collection of numerous cliparts.
- You can view and edit two pages side-by-side.
- It enables you to create master pages for creating headers, footers, page numbers, and more.
- You can access your albums and collections from iTunes library or Apple Photos.
Designbold is an online photo editor design studio. You can use this app to make professional looking posters, presentations, flyers, and more. It enables you to download your design in JPEG, PDF, or PNG file format.
- It provides more than 150 document formats.
- Users can upload their own backgrounds, custom fonts, and images.
- It enables you to save your design directly to Dropbox.
- You can work with other people by sharing unique links to DesignBold.
- Designbold offers drag and drop facility to add any element.
- You can edit your photos using a preset filter.
VivaDesigner is a typesetting and layout application. It can be used for both web and desktop applications. This program helps you to improve your working process and document management.
- It can be used for all platforms, including web and desktop.
- This application offers numerous layouts.
- It offers an option for limiting the editing functions of the document.
- You can import files from other programs such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
PDFelement is a tool designed by Wondershare company. It helps you to create, edit, and sign PDF files on Mac and Windows. You can use this tool to convert PDF to MS office files.
- You can access this application anywhere at any time using the iPhone and Android app.
- This tool enables you to collaborate with other people effectively.
- You can create forms, combine them for analysis purposes, or export data in a spreadsheet.
- PDFelement supports commenting on PDF documents.
- You can control your PDF file to access sensitive information access.