Video Capture Software is a computer application that lets you capture your device’s screen to share with others, create product-related videos, make tutorials, lessons, demos, YouTube videos, and more. These software tools also enable you to record videos from a webcam and screen with voice.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Video Capture Software with its features, pros, cons, and website links. The list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) software.
BEST Video Capture Software
|Name||Platform||Webcam Recording||Audio Recording||Video Editing||Link|
|Adobe Captivate||Windows, Mac||Yes||Yes||Yes||Learn More|
|Icecream Apps Screen Recorder||Windows||Yes||Yes||Yes||Learn More|
|Wondershare||Mac, Windows||Yes||Yes||Yes||Learn More|
|Movavi||Windows, Mac||Yes||Yes||Yes||Learn More|
|Screen O Matic||Chromebook, Mac, Windows||Yes||Yes||Yes||Learn More|
Captivate is one of the best video capture software that helps you make interactive video clips for elearning and tutorials. It enables you to capture and export screen content with minimal effort.
- This application can optimize the video content of your desired screen size.
- It enables you to save video clips as MP4.
- It helps you to publish the final video for desktop or web use.
- Adobe Captivate enables you to add buttons to your video.
- Helps you to quickly build up storyboards on mobile.
- This application helps you to import your PowerPoint presentation and convert it into an interactive multimedia module.
- This app can synchronize content from Adobe Photoshop, Audition, and Illustrator.
- It is difficult to share your captured video to other people.
- This application is not easy for beginners.
Icecream Screen Recorder is one of the best video capture software that enables you to capture a specific area of your PC screen. It also helps you capture apps, games, video tutorials, Skype calls, webinars, live streams, etc., with minimal effort.
- It allows you to choose output quality.
- You can select the area of the screen or capture the full screen.
- This software helps you to capture the screen with a webcam overlay.
- You can add text, shapes, and arrows to your captured video.
- Icecream apps enable you to capture full-screen 3D games.
- This video capture software enables you to add a watermark to your screen capture.
- Captured screen can be saved in GIF format.
- You can capture video without any interruption.
- Helps you capture any area of your screen.
- Easy to deal with the final output.
- You can upload your videos to numerous websites, including Google Drive, Dropbox, or YouTube.
- It includes a watermark in your video.
- Supports only a few formats.
Wondershare is a tool that allows you to capture your computer screen with ease. It allows you to adjust the shape, color, and size of your cursor. You can capture videos from your webcam and computer screen simultaneously. This tool also enables you to add text to enhance the learning experience of the viewer.
- It allows you to easily draw on the captured screen in real-time.
- You can customize screen size and frame rate with ease.
- This video capture software allows you to easily edit the video.
- You can save the video in formats like GIF, MOV, and MP4.
- Supported platform is Windows.
- It has a user-friendly interface.
- You can capture a specific part of your screen with a magnifier.
- This software can be used to capture videos from a webcam.
- Webcam goes off after the capturing is over.
Movavi is a very useful application that can be used for capturing online calls, streaming videos, and webinars. It helps you to capture full HD videos at 60 frames per second.
- You can capture the screen with voice using a microphone, sound recorder, or plugin.
- This tool comes with a wide range of settings, including frame rate adjustment and volume controls.
- You can cut or combine videos with ease.
- This software helps you to capture video even if you are away.
- You do not need special hardware for capturing screen videos.
- It is one of the best video capture software which allows you to share your clips to Movavi Cloud, YouTube, and Google Drive.
- You can capture videos from any source, including system sounds, webcam, and mic.
- This tool can be used for the home or office.
- It has multiple export options.
- You can schedule your video capturing.
- Easy to cut video to remove segments that are not required.
- It does not have a Linux version available.
Screencast-O-Matic is an easy to use screen capture software that enables you to capture any area of your screen. It provides an option to add videos from your webcam and narration from your microphone.
- You can animate videos with transitions and overlay effects.
- Allows you to zoom in or out to highlight a specific area of the video.
- You can show or hide the cursor and webcam.
- It allows you to import videos, images, and audio from other devices.
- This app enables you to add narration, music, and system audio.
- You can apply styles on text, shapes, and images.
- You can add effects to your captured videos.
- Allows you to export captured videos to any cloud platform.
- You can compress your captured videos.
- Available for both Windows and Mac.
- It contains a watermark on video.
- This application allows you to capture for a limited period.
Camtasia is a tool to capture and create professional-looking videos with ease. It can be used for making YouTube videos, video tutorials, demo videos, video lessons, and more.
- You can capture a webcam, computer screen, and presentation.
- It is one of the best video capture software that provides a music and audio library.
- You can use transitions between slides and scenes to improve video flow.
- Camtasia enables you to zoom in, zoom out, and animate videos.
- You can create eye-catching titles and annotations for your videos.
- This application enables you to create quizzes.
- Allows you to add multiple effects to your videos.
- You can add callouts and arrows to videos.
- It can be easily used for capturing voice and screen together.
- Camtasia has a clean setup process.
- This program is simple to edit captured video.
- You may feel difficulty while working with large videos.
- This application often crashes.
Apower is an easy to use application that enables you to capture desktop activities, live streaming videos, and more. It also enables you to capture your activities within the customized region or the full screen.
- It offers real-time editing while capturing any video.
- Apower can capture videos from a webcam.
- This software allows you to create a scheduled task to capture a PC screen, screenshot, or webcam automatically.
- You can convert videos to MP4, AVI, WMV, etc., formats.
- It enables you to customize audio sources and adjust volume from a microphone or sound card.
- Provides real-time editing.
- Does not occupy many resources in your PC.
- Offers versatile screen capturing options.
- You cannot capture a screen on a secondary monitor.
CloudApp is an application that enables you to capture videos with your face and voice. It allows you to add annotations to your captured videos.
- Allows you to share your captured video with other people.
- You can drag and drop the object into the video.
- It is one of the best video capture software that enables you to manage your videos with ease.
- You can share captured videos with other people.
- Allows you to select the portion of the screen to capture a video.
- Captured videos can be saved in GIF format.
- You can capture audio with video.
- It has intuitive controls.
- It does not have any predefined area to capture.
Nch is a tool that allows you to capture a webcam, screen, or a selected portion of the screen. It is one of the best camera apps for PC that helps you adjust color settings and add effects. It enables you to capture videos from network IP cameras.
- Allows you to capture audio from the microphone.
- Helps you burn video recordings directly to a DVD.
- You can edit captured videos with ease.
- This program allows you to capture videos with no sound.
- Enables you to create a photo snapshot of the video.
- You can capture videos in WMV, AVI, MPG, FLV, MOV, and MP4 formats.
- Supported platforms: Windows and Mac OS X.
- Minimalistic UI.
- You can easily share videos through various channels.
- You can quickly capture a video from your webcam.
- Good selection of video capturing options.
- It contains a watermark.
- Hard to capture videos in full-screen mode.
ScreenFlow is a video editing, screen capturing, and video sharing software from Telestream. It helps you to make product videos, tutorials, professional clips, etc.
- You can access over 500,000 unique media components.
- It allows you to capture your iPhone or iPad screen.
- You can add transitions, video animations, freehand annotations, text animations, and more to your videos.
- This tool enables you to animate titles and logos, and graphics with built-in video animations.
- You can use styles and templates to make software tutorials.
- It helps you to organize your video project with nested clips and multi-track editing.
- You can easily upload your videos to content publishing sites like YouTube, Wistia, Vimeo, Imgur, and more.
- Allows you to create animated Awebps and GIFs from any video project.
- You can capture videos from multiple devices.
- Easy to trim videos.
- Helps you combine more than one video with ease.
- You can upload videos directly to Vimeo, YouTube, etc.
- It can be used for Mac only.
❓ Which factors should you consider while selecting the best Screen Capturing Software?
Following are the factors that you should consider while selecting the best screen capturing software:
- Editing functionalities
- Screen capturing options
- Is it free or paid?
- Reviews of the screen capture software provider company.
- Support and update policy of the Screen capture tool.
- Hardware/Software requirements of the screen recording software.
- Ease of using
⚡ Which are the Best Screen Capture Software?
Following are some of the best screen capture software:
- Adobe Captivate
- Icecream Apps Video Editor
- Screen O Matic
💻 Can you capture a video from your screen?
Yes, you can easily capture a video from any screen using video capturing software. There are numerous free and paid software tools available in the market that can be used according to your specific needs.
🚀 Does Windows 10 have a video capture functionality?
Yes, Windows 10 does have video capture functionality. This facility can be used by regular users and gamers to capture tutorials, steps, and videos from computer or laptop screens.
🏅 How can you convert MKV to MP4 without quality loss on PC and Mac?
Here is a step by step process on how to convert an MKV file to MP4 file on your PC:
Step 1) Download and install any good MKV to MP4 file converter tool or visit the online tool website
Step 2) Click on the Choose File button
Step 3) Locate and select the MKV file on your computer device
Step 4) Apply the bitrate, resolution, audio quality, screen size, etc.
Step 5) Next, click on the “Start Conversion” button
Step 6) Wait for some time while the conversion is completing
Step 7) Once the conversion completes, click on the “Download” button to store the MP4 file on your PC
❗ What are the common media output file formats supported by the video capture software?
The common media file formats supported by video capture software are: MP4, GIF, MOV, AVI, WMV, and MPG.