File sharing sites provide services to access digital media like photos, videos, documents, etc., from anywhere to its users. These apps will help you to transfer large files easily. Some file-sharing services provide advanced link sharing features like password protection, link expiration, authorization to view, edit, download a file.
Following is a handpicked list of Top File Sharing Websites, with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) software.
BEST File Sharing & Hosting Sites: Top Picks
|Name||Max upload file size||Link|
|pCloud||10 GB||Learn More|
|Mega||50 GB||Learn More|
|OneDrive||2 GB||Learn More|
Icedrive is a next-generation cloud service that helps you access, manage, and update your cloud storage effortlessly. It provides a space to share, showcase, and collaborate with your files.
- Only cloud storage solution to support Twofish Encryption. Everything is encrypted at the client-side with zero knowledge of your data.
- This file sharing program allows you to store files up to 100 TB.
- No time-consuming Sync Needed as you can Mount IceDrive with a simple click.
- Icedrive provides a clean and easy to use interface to manage your files.
- Stream Media from the cloud storage and easily share with friends
pCloud is secure and simple to use cloud storage for your documents. This tool allows you to share and collaborate files with your employee, friends, and relatives.
- This free file sharing software helps you to keep your private files confidential with the highest level of encryption.
- Allows to back up your valuable memories to pCloud by just clicking a click of a button.
- This file upload site helps you to filter your files according to their file format.
- This file sharing program stores versions on your files for a specific period, helping you search archive files.
Sync.com is a cloud service for sharing files from any computer or mobile device. Sync provides an ideal solution for storing and sharing confidential and sensitive data.
- Sync allows you to send files of any size to anyone, even if they don’t register.
- Performance becomes slower if you upload files larger than 40 GB.
- Synch can support Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
- It gives unlimited data transfer for all the plans.
Mega is an online storage and file hosting service provided by Mega Limited. This free file sharing site allows you to sync files and folders.
- It uses keys to encrypt files and chats.
- It offers 50 GB of free storage space.
- Upload or download 1 GB of data every 6 hours
- Mega is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.
Microsoft OneDrive is an internet-based storage and synchronization, service provider. It is available for free to all the people having a Microsoft account. OneDrive apps can be used to sync files on a Windows PC or Mac operating system.
- Use your phone to scan and business cards, receipts, whiteboard notes, or store paper documents in OneDrive.
- You can set an expiration date of shared files, photos, and links for security purposes.
- This file upload site allows you to upload files up to 15 GB in size.
6) Google Drive
Google Drive is a free online data storage service provided by Google. The service syncs stored files, photos, and more across all the user’s PCs, tablets, and mobile devices. It offers 15 GB of free space.
- You can build Docs, Sheets, Slides.
- It provides real time synchronization.
- You can create forms that help you to run a survey.
- Integrates with thousands of external apps like a mind map, Gantt chart, diagram tools, etc.
- It allows to store documents up to 1.02 million characters, spreadsheets up to 5 million cells, presentation up to 100 MB, and Google Sites up to 2000,000 characters per page.
Dropbox is a file hosting service providing personal cloud, cloud storage, and client software. It is designed to collaborate on your projects whether you are working alone or in a team.
- It offers you to sync data across all devices safely.
- Your file size should be 50 GB or smaller
- Service is available for macOS, Linux, and Windows operating systems.
Box is a cloud file management and sharing service. It is one of the best file sharing site available for Windows, macOS, and mobile platforms. You can use Windows Explorer or Mac Finder to search for the file you want quickly.
- Edit like a local file, and Box will save it to the cloud.
- This file sharing program allows you to invite the team to make changes and upload files.
- Enable admin to add external users to collaborate content and control the version.
IDrive provides service for data backup. This service is available to Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, and Mac users. It also allows you to upload or download files up to 2 GB in size.
- IDrive provides 5 GB of free
- Users can organize and monitor backups of their PC from the web interface.
- This free file sharing provides the best solution to protect all computers, Macs, iPhones, and Android devices into one account.
iCloud is a cloud storage service managed by Apple Inc. It is a service where users can save any files on the cloud, and iCloud will automatically sync to your device. You can use this service for Mac and Windows PCs.
- It provides 5GB of free iCloud storage
- The file size uploading limit is 15 GB.
- Many people can work together by simply sending a link.
- Let’s collaborate with numbers, Keynote, Pages, and Notes.
11) Amazon Drive
Amazon Drive is a cloud storage application of Amazon. The service provides secure cloud storage, secure file sharing, photo printing, and file backup.
- It helps you to organize and edit photos online.
- Amazon Drive automatically backs up the photos and videos on your phone.
- Allows you to Sync files and folders.
12) Yandex Disk
Yandex Disk is a cloud service that allows users to store files on cloud servers and share them with others. The disk is available on Windows, macOS as well as Linux. It is available in two plans Annual and Monthly subscription.
- It is one of the best free file sharing sites which allows uploading a maximum 50 GB file size. Users can sync data between different devices.
- It provides free access to Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Offer you to download files from public pages without any hassle.
13) Media Fire
MediaFire is a file hosting, cloud storage, and synchronization service. It is one of the best free file sharing services that provides an easy-to-use solution for managing digital stuff online as well as on the go. MediaFire can be used for iPhone, Windows, OSX, Web, and Android.
- The maximum file uploading limit is 20 GB of this file upload site.
- It offers the professional an ad-free experience to employees.
- Let us you paste a link in any files, and MediaFire will upload to your account
- Allows you to specify access control.
Koofr is a cloud storage solution that connects Dropbox, Amazon, Google Drive, OneDrive accounts and utilizes the additional free space on a hard drive. The tool is available for Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Automatic backup from phones.
- Synchronization data with computers.
- No file type and size limits, upload anything you want to keep safe.
- It provides automatic backup of photos and videos from the mobile phone.
MiMedia is a cloud-based backup service that allows you to manage and enjoy your digital life. It helps you to curate your personalized collection.
- This secure file sharing site allows you to access and organize music, photos, videos, and documents on all devices.
- You can download a desktop app to your PC or Mac and put any content in the cloud.
- Import from Dropbox, Google, Flickr, and Facebook.
Jumpshare combines screenshot capture, file sharing, video recording, as well as team collaboration. It allows you to send and share unlimited big size file.
- It is one of the best file share website that helps you to capture and allows you to do secure file sharing.
- Jumpshare has a drag and drop facility to share any file.
- Allows you to capture screenshots
- You can record your screen in GIF or video.
- This service can be used on macOS, Android, Windows, iPad, and iPhone.
Imgur is the platform that will let you share files for entertainment. You can share funny, informative, inspiring images, memes, GIFs, etc. It is accessible through the Desktop website, Android App, iOS App, and Mobile Website.
- Imgur has introduced a new look for its Homepage.
- It offers functionality that allows you to edit the content in your public posts.
- Allow you to report, embed, and download the post as these options are available on the top
- It provides video scaling features that will automatically resize the video content according to the height of your browser.
18) Surge Send
Surge Send is a file sharing tool that offers complete privacy and a higher-level of encryption. You can transfer 50 GB per File. It is one of the best free file sharing site that allows you to encrypt confidential files
- Password protection
- Pause upload and resume at your convenience
- Get bigger uploads and storage options
- Drag and drop the File to the Transfer.
- Write a personalized message.
- You can set an expiration date.
19) Send Anywhere
Send Anywhere is file-sharing software that takes an easy, quick, and unlimited approach to file sharing. The tool also provides service for unlimited File storing and sharing, but their speeds and usability is compromised.
- The tool offers a 100MB/s transfer speed
- Secure and reliable file transfer
- You can upload up to 50GB at a time and set the expiry date as you see fit.
Ge.tt file transfer tool allows you instant, real-time file publishing and sharing service. To use this tool, you don’t need any special software or plug-ins to use this tool.
- It allows you to share any files in seconds.
- This free file sharing site allows you to track how many people have downloaded or viewed your files.
- It is a simple file sharing tool for all types of materials, including documents, videos, music, and photos.
- You can have filed are ready to be published or shared
Binfer is an easy to use tool which makes large File sharing easy by creating a direct connection between devices. This software offers a direct transfer protocol means large files of any size or type transfer securely in half the time of cloud-based platforms.
- You can have complete control of your data.
- You do not require any thumb drives, CDs, or FTP required.
- Auto resume of interrupted transfers of very large files.
- Reduce large file delivery time.
- It helps you to keep your sensitive files under wraps
SendGB Extra is a file transfer tool it allows you to send files up to 20GB at the same time. It is one of the best file upload site that allows you to send file files with an email to up to 50 people.
- You can transfer link to unlimited people
- Decide when transfers get deleted
- Resend, forward, and delete transfers
- Offers secure Password protection for each file transfer
- Unlimited download
23) We Sendit
We Sendit is a free file transfer alternative. This software allows you can transfer up to 5 GB to with maximum of 15 recipients simultaneously. The tool will enable you to track data transfer.
- Encrypted connection during uploads, transfers, and downloads
- Transfer and download confirmation
- Data – transfer up to 20 GB to 50 recipients.
- Scheduled data transfers up to 3 months in advance.
- Password-protected transfers
- 100 GB total storage for your data and Unlimited storage time for your data
24) Share File
Share File is easy to access, send, and sync. It accesses and shares all your files and documents in a single click. Access and share all your files and documents in a few simple clicks.
- Skip the messy data migration and get secure access to files and folders stored on legacy data systems
- Streamlined Co-Editing and Co-Authoring
- Automate getting approvals, feedback, and any document-centric processes with customizable workflows
TransferXL is the fastest and most secure way to share your files. It is one of the best file sharing programs that offers the service that fulfills your needs for the perfect data transfer.
- Fast and easy file sharing
- Track your file transfers
- Manage your file transfers
- This file transfer service allows you to transfer File up to 100GB in size and with as many files as you want.
- TransferXL keeps track of your file transfers, so you don’t need to.
Smash sends files in a few clicks without the need to care about their size. The tool also allows simple, fast, secured, and image-enhancing.
- Send files in a few clicks, irrespective of their size.
- The files you send by Smash are hosted near you on the nearest server.
- This file transfer service also allows sending a file from point A to point B.
❓ What is File Sharing Site?
File sharing sites provide services to access digital media like photos, videos, documents, etc., from anywhere to its users. These apps will help you to transfer large files conveniently. Some file-sharing services provide advanced link sharing features like password protection, link expiration, authorization to view, edit, download a file.
Most of the file-sharing tools provide a desktop app that syncs your file to the cloud in the background. You do not need to worry about the connectivity/synchronization issues as the apps have an auto-resume feature.
Many file-sharing services offer military-grade encryption of data and provide complete privacy/security. Many fie sharing apps have a version control feature that helps you recover the original file in unintended changes.
⚡ What is Cloud Storage?
Cloud Storage is a way of storing data online instead of your local computer. It requires an internet connection in order to upload, modify, and share documents, presentations, spreadsheets, images, audio, video, etc., with others. Online storage service providers don’t store any data on the hard disk of your PC. Cloud storage tools help you to access your data from any device.
🔒 Is my data secure with Cloud Computing Storage?
Since data is stored remotely rather than your premise, apprehensions about data theft and privacy are obvious. But most cloud computing storage companies encrypt data while in transit or at rest. Also, their employees only get logical access to your data. Most companies adopt very strict protocols to ensure data security, confidentiality, and privacy.
If your data has peculiar security requirements, you could opt for a hybrid cloud where some data is stored with the cloud provider while some at your own premises.
❗ Is there a size limit on the File I store or transfer using Cloud Storage?
Most cloud storage providers allow you to store and transfer a single File that is up to 100MB in size. However, some allow you to store files up to 2GB in size, useful in transferring HD videos.
💻 Which are the Best File Sharing Websites?
Below are some of the best file sharing websites:
- Google Drive
- Amazon Drive