20 Best FREE TeamViewer Alternative: Remote Access Software Like TeamViewer in 2021
TeamViewer is a remote desktop software that allows you to connect to multiple workstations remotely. It enhances remote control performance by hardware-accelerated image processing. It helps you to drag and drop files from one computer to another
However, the biggest drawback of TeamViewer is that price of professional version is quite high, and while updating to the new version system can become slow.
Following is a handpicked list of the Top Teamviewer Alternatives & Competitors, with popular features and latest download links. This list includes commercial(paid) as well as open-source (free) software.
Best TeamViewer Alternatives Software: Top Picks
|ManageEngine Remote Access Plus||✔️||Good||Learn More|
|Zoho Assist||✔️||️Strong||Learn More|
|ISL Online||✔️||️Strong||Learn More|
Remote Access Plus is a secure and comprehensive enterprise remote support solution that helps system administrators and IT help desk technicians troubleshoot Windows, Mac, and Linux computers from a central location.
- Access endpoints from anywhere, anytime
- Connect to remote computers with unattended remote access
- Seamlessly switch between multiple monitors connected to client computers
- Perform administrative operations using Quick Launch
- Diagnose computers without hindering productivity
- Access Command Prompt using system account
- Cut down production costs by turning off computers with no active users
- Wake computers on LAN, & kick-start your troubleshooting process
2) Zoho Assist
Zoho Assist is a reliable and affordable alternative to TeamViewer. Assist is a super-fast remote support software with multi-platform accessibility and was designed to suit the requirements of all businesses.
- Runs on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS efficiently
- Effortless file transfer and multi-monitor navigation are incorporated
- Assist offers unattended access feature to connect to devices without needing a user on the other end
- Powerful security features, including SSL, 2-Factor Authentication, and more
- Multiple chat options to enable quick communication
- Session recording to record all events during a session
- Assist offers both free and paid versions for its customers
Splashtop is a secure, scalable, high-performance remote computer access and remote support solution. Business professionals and teams use Splashtop for remote computer access when working from home or on-the-go. IT professionals choose Splashtop for their organizations because it's easy to use, easy to implement, easy to administer, and it's fast.
- Fast and easy remote computer access
- Plans for individuals, teams, and enterprises
- Remote support solutions for IT, help desk, and MSPs
- Two-step verification/two-factor authentication and multilevel password security
- Connect from most devices including mobile devices, laptops and Chromebooks
4) ISL Online
ISL Online is remote desktop software that allows you to connect to remote computers quickly, securely and reliably. The software is very easy to use even for non-technical client users.
- Transparent pricing with no hidden costs. All updates and mobile apps are included.
- Unlimited workstations, unlimited end points, unlimited users with one license
- Set detailed user permissions for each user individually or create domains and apply domain-specific rules
- Access unattended remote computers as an administrator and perform all administrative tasks
- Support for multiple monitors
- AES 256-bit end-to-end encryption, two-factor authentication, automatic session recording, firewall friendly, external authentication
GoToMyPC is a remote access desktop software that enables you to work from home. It allows you to access files, applications, and network without any hassle.
- It helps you to increase your business productivity.
- This application uses 256-bit AES encryption for security.
- You can get remote access from Android, Kindle, iPad, and iPhone.
- It is easy to install.
- Transfer files between computers with ease.
- The tool supports multi-monitors.
- You can copy-paste files between connected PCs.
- 20% off on Annual Plans
Remote desktop software, which is also called remote access software or remote control software, allows you to control one computer from another remotely.
- Supports file transfers
- It allows chat with each other during the session.
- Works effectively on Windows and macOS
- You can record sessions to a video file.
- Apps allow you remote into a computer from a mobile device.
7) Perimeter 81
Perimeter 81 is software that enables you to securely access the network with ease. It allows employees to connect with multiple devices from various locations. This software can encrypt transmitted data with ease.
- It automatically integrates with major cloud providers.
- This application can block out threats and grant access to a trusted source.
- Offers unlimited bandwidth and data.
- Provides 24/7 customer support.
- Offers activity and audit reports.
LogMeIn is a strong competitor of TeamViewer. It is an ideal tool for those who started a business that needs to continues support from all over the world. It is especially helpful for places where problems could occur at any time.
- Helps you to keep your work at your fingertips
- Allows easy access to your work and store, share, and collaborate across all of your devices.
- Store, share and collaborate on files with single click.
- You can share the screen with anyone to openly collaborate.
- Secure remote access to your PC from your desktop, browser, desktop, or device
Dameware Remote Everywhere offers good remote-access capabilities. This Remote software system is available in two variations. 1. Dameware Remote Support ( On-premises solution) 2.Dameware Remote Everywhere( Cloud-based solution)
- Helps you to management active Directory (AD) objects remotely
- Save your time and money by automating help desk and IT support tasks.
- In-house ticketing system and reporting engine for better performance review
- Offers better identity and authentication management for remote desktop connections
Mikogo is screen sharing software. It is a useful tool for facilitating online sales demos, web conferences, and training of individuals and groups alike. The tool is available in three versions like Standard, Professional and team.
- Share your desktop, documents, or application windows with up to 25 meeting participants in real-time.
- View meetings with the iOS or Android apps, or join via mobile browser.
- It enhances communication and phone calls by allowing users to collaborate and view the same information in real-time.
- Helps you to assist your customers with remote keyboard and mouse control
- Set up your meetings in advance with the Schedule.
Remote Desktop management is also known as RDM. This tool allows you to remote securely manage all your connections on a single platform. The software is two additions available in free and enterprise.
- Manage and launch all your remote connection form using a single platform
- Allows you to store all your passwords and credentials in a secure and centralized Walnut
- Protect connections from various security attacks with the help of granular protection access control
- Helps you to create a template to simply management
- Generate customized reports based on specific criteria
Microsoft Remote Desktop helps you to connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your admin. This app helps you to produce no matter where you are.
- This tool helps you to connect to machines remotely through a remote desktop gateway on a secure connection.
- The tool can be installed up to ten devices with Windows 8, Windows 10 or higher, and Xbox One.
- Easy Screen capture and viewing
13) Remote Utilities
Remote Utility is an open source remote access tool. You can use this tool for automatic and unattended remote access. This TeamViewer alternative free tool is free for both personal and business use.
- Includes lots of remote access tools
- Active Directory integration
- This TeamViewer alternative open source tool supports portable mode
- Work in restricted or isolated environments
- You can establish connections to 10 computers for free
Download link: https://www.remoteutilities.com/download/
UltraVNC is a remote access tool which allows you to access another computer securely. This application is for use by a user who are having advanced knowledge of computers and remote access.
- Allows dual installation which means that your computer can both access computers remotely, and be viewed remotely
- It is one of the best TeamViewer alternatives that supports easy file transfers
- Allows you to connect to a remote computer from a computer program, browser, and mobile app.
- Chat feature easily allows converse with other remote computers.
Download link: https://www.uvnc.com/downloads/ultravnc.html
15) Chrome Remote Desktop
Chrome Remote Desktop, not a full feature tool. It is an extension for the Google Chrome web browser. It is one of the best TeamViewer alternative tool which allows you to set up a computer for remote access from any other computer running on Google Chrome browser.
- Let's you remote into the computer even when the user isn't logged in
- This free TeamViewer alternative offers multi-monitor support
- Works equally effectively for unattended and on-demand remote access
- This software better than teamviewer allows you remote into the computer via an app
Download link: https://remotedesktop.google.com/
AnyDesk is remote desktop software that you can run portably or install like a regular program. This free alternative to TeamViewer tool helps you to ensures secure remote desktop connections for IT professionals.
- This software like TeamViewer supports audio and file transfer
- Helps you to record the remote session
- Connections can be configured to favor quality or speed.
- Automatically update to new software versions.
- Works on Linux, Windows, and macOS
Download link: https://anydesk.com/en/
17) ConnectWise Control
Connectwise is a replacement for TeamViewer. It allows your customers whether they're around the corner, or across the world. It is one of the best apps like TeamViewer that offers a modular, custom pricing approach which lets you build your package.
- Offers an Instant Connectivity
- ConnectWise comes with an updated interface that supports a more granular permission assignment.
- Helps you to exchange files, comment and share opinions, and work simultaneously on the same task.
- It allows you to have instant access to a team of experienced and knowledgeable agents.
Download link: https://www.connectwise.com/software/control
18) RealVNC Connect
RealVNC connect helps you to grow your business with secure remote desktop access and support for a connected world.
- Simple and secure remote access and support.
- Share, collaborate, train and support your team members.
- Provide an outstanding helpdesk service on demand, enhancing customer satisfaction.
- Helps your ecosystem to access resources and information securely.
Download link: https://www.realvnc.com/en/
Ammyy Admin is a free remote desktop sharing and PC remote control tool. You can use this TeamViewer like software for remote office arrangement, remote support. The tool also uses for distant education.
- Helps you to secure access to your remote office PC desktop via the Internet from anywhere
- Built-in voice chat and file manager
- Works behind NAT and transparent for firewalls
- It is one of the best free TeamViewer alternatives that offers the highest level of data transfer security
Download link: http://www.ammyy.com/en/
TightVNC is an open-source Screen Sharing Software. It is one of the best apps like TeamViewer that allows you to see the desktop of a remote machine and control it with your local mouse and keyboard.
- Cust down the cost and save your time on traveling,
- Allows your friends and family to solve problems with their computers remotely,
- Helps you to ensure that nothing goes wrong is happening on your networks when you are away.
Download link: https://www.tightvnc.com/
RescueAssist is a cloud-based remote support platform. This platform is used for IT support teams and customer and support organizations. This remote desktop software for creating the Rescue brand of support products.
- Multi-Platform Support
- Remote Control
- Remote Diagnostics
- Unattended Access
- Remotely support users
- Provide interruption-free support
Download link: https://get.gotoassist.com/en-in
SysAid is a Service Desk and Help Desk software solution which allows you to Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your service desk.
- Keep the complete track of the IT assets in your IT infrastructure
- Automate all types of service desk processes and activities using routing rules, priorities, and dynamic forms.
- Helps you to create and manage service level targets and service level agreements
- Allows you to analyze and optimize IT performance easily.
Download link: https://www.sysaid.com/
Radmin is reliable remote support software for IT professional. It is one of the best free programs like TeamViewer that offers instant tech support and gets secure remote access to computers in the network.
- Offers internal IT support across your organization
- Allows you to access unattended computers and perform server maintenance remotely
- Radmin's offers security capabilities are built-in from the ground up.
- Allows you to manage remote controlling even on 3g connections
Goverlan offers Remote Control Software for technical and admins. It allows you to access your user and system within seconds. The tool is available in three different editions 1. Standard 2. Professional and 3.Enterprise.
- Communicate with other users via text or audio chat
- Share information via screen snapshots or video recording
- Fully customize and brand your users' experience.
- Allows you to supports SmartCard redirection and helps you to login to a remote system using your universal access card.
Download link: https://www.goverlan.com/
25) Netop Remote Control
Netop Remote control is a trusted remote support software. The tool offers the most secure remote support solution for any platform or device. The tool provides you option for five different plans like free, plus, pro, business, and premium.
- This TeamViewer free alternative allows you to connect to any device or platform.
- Offers On-Premises, Cloud or Hybrid Hosting.
- Comprehensive privacy options for the most important videos.
- Helps you to understand your audience.
❓ What are Remote Access Tools?
Remote Desktop tools help IT professionals to debug remotely. You can perform computer maintenance related tasks remotely. You can easily share screen, audio, video, and files with the remote PC. These tools use Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) to connect to Windows system.
🌟 How Remote Desktop Software works?
Remote desktop software needs to be installed on both the client as well as server-side. It uses Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) to connect to Windows systems. Once installed, it captures inputs like mouse and keyboard from the client’s computer and sends them to the server computer. This way, the client can use and manage the server-side computer from a remote location. It also allows file sharing, media sharing, and screen sharing from a remote location.
💻 Why are people looking for Software or Programs like TeamViewer?
The reason why people are looking for software programs like TeamViewer is that the price of the TeamViewer professional version is quite high, and while updating to the new version, your system can become slow. Moreover, it has proxy limitations, file size issues for transfers, slow transfer speed, etc., issues.
⚡ Which are the Best TeamViewer Alternative Software?
Following are some of the best alternative software to TeamViewer:
- Remote Access Plus
- Zoho Assist
- Microsoft Remote Desktop
- Chrome Remote Desktop
💻 How many screens can you share using Remote Desktop Software?
If you have a dual or triple monitor setup, you can easily share one or ALL the monitors using the Remote Access Software. You can easily switch current viewing from one Monitor to another or view ALL at the same time.
⚡ Which factors should you consider while selecting a TeamViewer Alternative Software?
You should consider the following factors before selecting a TeamViewer alternative tool:
- License Cost if applicable
- Quality of Customer support
- In the case of an outsourcing project, you need to factor customer/client preference of the automation tool
- The cost involved in training employees on the tool
- Security features
- Ease of Use
- Support for multiple platforms