13 Best FREE Ping Monitoring Tools & Software (2023 Update)
Ping monitoring is the practice of pinging a monitored network, computer system, or device from a given service application. When this happens, the application saves and aggregates the data about every ping so you can aggregate the minimum, maximum, and average response times and deviations from the initial ping. This information helps you to estimate the quality of a network connection or a system’s health.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Ping Monitoring tool with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) software. Read more…
BEST Ping Monitoring Software & Tools (Open Source & Free)
|👍 SolarWinds Engineer’s Toolset||Windows and Cloud||Learn More|
|ManageEngine OpUtils||Windows and Linux||Learn More|
|Site24x7||Windows and Linux||Learn More|
|Pingdom||Windows, Linux, MacOS||Learn More|
|EMCO Ping Monitor||Windows and Linux||Learn More|
1) SolarWinds Engineer’s Toolset
This uptime monitor application helps you to troubleshoot the issue from a single dashboard. You can use this ping monitoring tool to customize the web-based performance dashboards, charts, and views.
Real-time monitoring and alerting
Automated network discovery
Support Platform: Windows and Cloud
Free Trial: 14 Days Free Trial
- You can monitor performance from multiple locations.
- It provides a detailed load-time report.
- You will get complete website performance monitoring for better visibility.
- Efficient monitoring engine
- This is one of the best ping tools which offer appealing Web UI.
- It offers a browser-related transaction recorder
- Get notified immediately
- You can track any website or app inside or outside the firewall.
- Automatically sensor devices and even maps the network topology.
- It tracks not just availability but also other aspects like performance and latency.
2) ManageEngine OpUtils
ManageEngine OpUtils ping tools help discover and check the uptime statistics of a network node, such as a host or device. It provides different ping options such as pinging for node uptime, devices behind proxies, and SNMP aspects of a device.
IP address management
Support Platform: Windows and Linux
Free Trial: 30 Days Free Trial
- It can ping targets within seconds, and provides information such as response time, round trip time, and network packet loss.
- It provides accurate ping results and can ping SNMP devices using custom credentials.
- It enables in-depth network diagnosis by providing detailed ping statistics including DNS name, system name, location, system type, and system description.
Site24x7 is an integrated tool for cloud monitoring, website performance, and server monitoring tool. It is one of the best ping monitor tool designed especially for IT and DevOps to enhance user experiences when accessing websites from various devices.
Virtualization and Network Monitoring
Microsoft Applications Monitoring
Support Platform: Windows and Linux
Free Trial: 30 Days Free Trial
- Helps you to search all the devices available within a provided IP range.
- Know the experience of users on your websites, applications, and native mobile apps.
- This free ping monitoring software supports more than 200 vendors, including Canon, Cisco, HP, Dell.
- Provides device based statistics like response time and packet loss.
- This open-source ping monitor helps you to log data for easier search and analysis.
- Optimize workloads for your hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Allows you to monitor the health and availability of the entire server stack.
- This tool automates mapping with Layer 2 maps.
Pingdom offers the most reliable and cost-effective uptime and performance monitoring for your website. This enterprise-ready solution provides a public status page.
- Monitor your website’s uptime, performance, and interactions for a better end-user-experience.
- Provide instant alerts.
- Offers multiple test actions
- Get notified of site availability issues
- Application availability monitoring
- Optimize user experience with user tracking software
5) EMCO Ping Monitor
EMCO ping software provides one of the most underrated ping logging and monitoring solutions available for your business. From the Host Status Overview, you can see hosts across your network, status, ping response rates, and download outages information.
- Enterprise-ready monitoring
- Offers latest technologies like high-precision latency measurement
- This continuous ping tool offers host availability monitoring
- Raw ping reply to data stores.
- You can monitor each host in real-time with the help of a color-coded graph to see how your connection changes over time.
- It helps you to access statistics collected for every host.
- This is one of the best ping monitoring tools that offer Live network performance reports
Spiceworks is another important Internet ping monitor software. It is a free network inventory, monitoring, and report generation ping monitoring tool. Spiceworks is also an online community of IT experts that provide free advice and support.
This network testing tool comes with a freeware ping monitoring tool aimed at small-to-medium businesses. It is one of the best ping monitoring software that helps you to utilize networks of about 1000 devices.
- IP-enabled cameras, VoIP devices, x-rays, scales, access control systems, websites, servers, routers, and more.
- You can add the IP address or host name of your critical device.
- This is one of the best ping monitoring tools that can automatically set up on your dashboard.
- It helps you to know if any of your devices are down or if there is any delay in response.
- This open source ping monitor tool allows you to set the timeout thresholds for every device.
- The dashboard is comprehensive and gives a quick overview at any time.
- Advanced reporting tool helps to create customizable enterprise grade reports
7) Nagios XI
The Nagios network is a ping monitoring tool that allows organizations to identify and resolve IT infrastructure problems before affecting critical business processes. Nagios Core comes with complete ping monitoring capabilities, which include packet loss and reachability.
- Comprehensive Dashboard
- Allows you to keep track of specific subsets of network flow information
- Ping monitoring data can be exported via text files, while graphs and images can be shipped via image files.
- Select devices you want to ping
- It provides results in ribbon, bar, column, step, or area charts.
- Network diagnostics with Engineers Toolset
- Complete insights on network traffic, bandwidth, and overall network health
- Receive alerts when the abnormal activity takes place
- Advanced users allow IT teams to work together efficiently.
- It helps you to determine the threshold level to get notifications.
- This free ping monitoring tool helps you to discover network devices as well as map network topology.
- Track device availability, CPU load, interface statistics, performance & latency of network paths.
- Troubleshoot your network with enhanced ping capabilities and packet route tracing.
8) Power Admin
PowerAdmin is a server, ping, and network monitoring application used to monitor network device performance in windows and Linux. It is an agentless application designed to watch ping, memory, disk CPU, and SNMP, with historical reports made for customers.
- This network ping monitor tool allows you to collect data from network devices in windows with real time
- This enterprise-ready solution helps you collect data, run reports, and alert if values are over the thresholds you set.
- Alerts can be sent via PagerDuty.
- DNS lookup.
- Run internal pings.
- Monitor ping operation.
- It is one of the best free ping monitoring tools that alert on dropped requests.
- Generate uptime reports.
- Monitor schedule.
9) PingPlotter Pro
PingPlotter Professional makes ping monitoring fast, accurate, and easy to read. The important details are all displayed on one screen which helps you spot the source of a problem. It is one of the best ping monitor tool that helps to diagnose connection quality issues at a glance.
- Helps you to take a proactive approach to your network.
- Intuitive web interface
- Parallel network card support like LAN, WAN, and WiFi testing from a single instance.
- Allows you to automate responses for any network condition with REST calls, SNMP triggers, email reporting, etc.
- You can monitor VoIP and stream quality with real-time jitter graphing and MOS calculation.
It is an open-source infrastructure and service monitoring tool. Icinga is one of the best free network monitoring tools that alter and report your IT environment’s health. All alert dependencies will be displayed in the dashboard and sent via email, SMS, or mobile messaging apps.
- Monitoring of services
- Supports both direct monitoring and SNMP monitoring
- Allows clustering and zone monitoring
- Configuration & templates
- Efficient monitoring engine
- Fast and well-organized web interface gives you access to all relevant data.
- Icinga is secured with SSL, ensuring your sensitive data through the whole network.
- Get notified immediately if there is an issue occurred
LibreNMS is an open-source, powerful, and feature-rich auto-discovering PHP based network monitoring system that uses the SNMP protocol. It allows you to load a range of operating systems.
- Highly flexible alerting system which notifies via email, irc, slack, and more.
- It has a mobile-friendly web UI with customizable dashboards.
- Updates automatically with bug fixes, new features, and more.
- This open source ping monitoring tool offers a utility to automatically discover your entire network using CDP, FDP, LLDP, OSPF, BGP, SNMP, and ARP.
- Support platforms like Native iPhone and Android apps
- Full API to manage, graph, and retrieve data from your system.
- Horizontal scaling to grow with your network.