Ping monitoring is the practice of pinging a monitored network, computer system, or device from a given service application. When this happens, the application saves and aggregates the data about every ping so you can aggregate the minimum, maximum, and average response times and deviations from the initial ping. This information helps you to estimate the quality of a network connection or a system’s health.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Ping Monitoring tool with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) software.
Best Ping Monitoring Tools: Top Picks
|SolarWinds Engineer’s Toolset||Windows and Cloud||Learn More|
|ManageEngine OpUtils||Windows and Linux||Learn More|
|Paessler PRTG||Windows||Learn More|
This uptime monitor application helps you to troubleshoot the issue from a single dashboard. You can use this ping monitoring tool to customize the web-based performance dashboards, charts, and views.
- You can monitor performance from multiple locations.
- It provides a detailed load-time report.
- You will get complete website performance monitoring for better visibility.
- Efficient monitoring engine
- This is one of the best ping tools which offer appealing Web UI.
- It offers a browser-related transaction recorder
- Get notified immediately
- You can track any website or app inside or outside the firewall.
- Automatically sensor devices and even maps the network topology.
- It tracks not just availability but also other aspects like performance and latency.
ManageEngine OpUtils ping tools help discover and check the uptime statistics of a network node, such as a host or device. It provides different ping options such as pinging for node uptime, devices behind proxies, and SNMP aspects of a device.
- It can ping targets within seconds, and provides information such as response time, round trip time, and network packet loss.
- It provides accurate ping results and can ping SNMP devices using custom credentials.
- It enables in-depth network diagnosis by providing detailed ping statistics including DNS name, system name, location, system type, and system description.
PRTG network monitoring freeware software is known for its advanced infrastructure management capabilities. The tool monitors IT infrastructure using the latest technologies like SNMP, WMI, Sniffing, REST APIS, SQL, etc.
- PRTG can scan network segments by pinging defined IP ranges
- Maps and dashboards
- PRTG alerts you when it discovers problems or unusual metrics
- Flexible and customizable.
- This one of the best ping network tool helps you to create web pages with up-to-date monitoring data in the desired design
- Easy and flexible alerting
- Multiple user interfaces
- Alerts you when it sees warnings or unusual metrics in your network.
This ping monitoring tool helps you check the connectivity of network devices, servers, and hosts. It allows you to use ICMP ping requests to keep track of the devices’ uptime status so that you can find and solve networking problems faster.
This tool is capable of producing reports with rich graphics and details about the ping. The output includes the ping (in ms/milliseconds) duration and response (OK or Failed).
- Quickly identifies any network-related outages
- It comes with traceroute capabilities to help you troubleshoot on a hop-by-hop connection.
- Reports are in a simple format and designed in such a way that anyone can understand, regardless of their level of IT knowledge.
- You can download information about UDP server availability by sending packets.
5) EMCO Ping Monitor
EMCO ping software provides one of the most underrated ping logging and monitoring solutions available for your business. From the Host Status Overview, you can see hosts across your network, status, ping response rates, and download outages information.
- Enterprise-ready monitoring
- Offers latest technologies like high-precision latency measurement
- This continuous ping tool offers host availability monitoring
- Raw ping reply to data stores.
- You can monitor each host in real-time with the help of a color-coded graph to see how your connection changes over time.
- It helps you to access statistics collected for every host.
- This is one of the best ping monitoring tools that offer Live network performance reports
Spiceworks is another important Internet ping monitor software. It is a free network inventory, monitoring, and report generation ping monitoring tool. Spiceworks is also an online community of IT experts that provide free advice and support.
This network testing tool comes with a freeware ping monitoring tool aimed at small-to-medium businesses. It is one of the best ping monitoring software that helps you to utilize networks of about 1000 devices.
- IP-enabled cameras, VoIP devices, x-rays, scales, access control systems, websites, servers, routers, and more.
- You can add the IP address or host name of your critical device.
- This is one of the best ping monitoring tools that can automatically set up on your dashboard.
- It helps you to know if any of your devices are down or if there is any delay in response.
- This open source ping monitor tool allows you to set the timeout thresholds for every device.
- The dashboard is comprehensive and gives a quick overview at any time.
- Advanced reporting tool helps to create customizable enterprise grade reports
Pingdom offers the most reliable and cost-effective uptime and performance monitoring for your website. This enterprise-ready solution provides a public status page.
- Monitor your website’s uptime, performance, and interactions for a better end-user-experience.
- Provide instant alerts.
- Offers multiple test actions
- Get notified of site availability issues
- Application availability monitoring
- Optimize user experience with user tracking software
Site24x7 is an integrated tool for cloud monitoring, website performance, and server monitoring tool. It is one of the best ping monitor tool designed especially for IT and DevOps to enhance user experiences when accessing websites from various devices.
- Helps you to search all the devices available within a provided IP range.
- Know the experience of users on your websites, applications, and native mobile apps.
- This free ping monitoring software supports more than 200 vendors, including Canon, Cisco, HP, Dell.
- Provides device based statistics like response time and packet loss.
- This open-source ping monitor helps you to log data for easier search and analysis.
- Optimize workloads for your hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Allows you to monitor the health and availability of the entire server stack.
- This tool automates mapping with Layer 2 maps.
9) Nagios XI
The Nagios network is a ping monitoring tool that allows organizations to identify and resolve IT infrastructure problems before affecting critical business processes. Nagios Core comes with complete ping monitoring capabilities, which include packet loss and reachability.
- Comprehensive Dashboard
- Allows you to keep track of specific subsets of network flow information
- Ping monitoring data can be exported via text files, while graphs and images can be shipped via image files.
- Select devices you want to ping
- It provides results in ribbon, bar, column, step, or area charts.
- Network diagnostics with Engineers Toolset
- Complete insights on network traffic, bandwidth, and overall network health
- Receive alerts when the abnormal activity takes place
- Advanced users allow IT teams to work together efficiently.
- It helps you to determine the threshold level to get notifications.
- This free ping monitoring tool helps you to discover network devices as well as map network topology.
- Track device availability, CPU load, interface statistics, performance & latency of network paths.
- Troubleshoot your network with enhanced ping capabilities and packet route tracing.
10) Power Admin
PowerAdmin is a server, ping, and network monitoring application used to monitor network device performance in windows and Linux. It is an agentless application designed to watch ping, memory, disk CPU, and SNMP, with historical reports made for customers.
- This network ping monitor tool allows you to collect data from network devices in windows with real time
- This enterprise-ready solution helps you collect data, run reports, and alert if values are over the thresholds you set.
- Alerts can be sent via PagerDuty.
- DNS lookup.
- Run internal pings.
- Monitor ping operation.
- It is one of the best free ping monitoring tools that alert on dropped requests.
- Generate uptime reports.
- Monitor schedule.
11) PingPlotter Pro
PingPlotter Professional makes ping monitoring fast, accurate, and easy to read. The important details are all displayed on one screen which helps you spot the source of a problem. It is one of the best ping monitor tool that helps to diagnose connection quality issues at a glance.
- Helps you to take a proactive approach to your network.
- Intuitive web interface
- Parallel network card support like LAN, WAN, and WiFi testing from a single instance.
- Allows you to automate responses for any network condition with REST calls, SNMP triggers, email reporting, etc.
- You can monitor VoIP and stream quality with real-time jitter graphing and MOS calculation.
MetaPing is a visual ping tool that helps you keep an eye on the health of your network. It allows you to instantly see if a host is contactable and the network latency along with a history chart.
- Monitor health and processes
- Shutdown or reboot groups of computers
- Hosts or targets can be grouped to enable quick recall.
- Allows you to deploy MSI and EXE setups
- Remote WMI query
- Hardware and software inventory
- A fully functional 30-day trial
- Can be up and running in just 5 minutes
It is an open-source infrastructure and service monitoring tool. Icinga is one of the best free network monitoring tools that alter and report your IT environment’s health. All alert dependencies will be displayed in the dashboard and sent via email, SMS, or mobile messaging apps.
- Monitoring of services
- Supports both direct monitoring and SNMP monitoring
- Allows clustering and zone monitoring
- Configuration & templates
- Efficient monitoring engine
- Fast and well-organized web interface gives you access to all relevant data.
- Icinga is secured with SSL, ensuring your sensitive data through the whole network.
- Get notified immediately if there is an issue occurred
LibreNMS is an open-source, powerful, and feature-rich auto-discovering PHP based network monitoring system that uses the SNMP protocol. It allows you to load a range of operating systems.
- Highly flexible alerting system which notifies via email, irc, slack, and more.
- It has a mobile-friendly web UI with customizable dashboards.
- Updates automatically with bug fixes, new features, and more.
- This open source ping monitoring tool offers a utility to automatically discover your entire network using CDP, FDP, LLDP, OSPF, BGP, SNMP, and ARP.
- Support platforms like Native iPhone and Android apps
- Full API to manage, graph, and retrieve data from your system.
- Horizontal scaling to grow with your network.
❓ What is Ping monitoring?
Ping monitoring is where a user pings a device and waits for a device to respond. When it happens, the application saves and aggregates the data about every ping. This helps you aggregate the minimum, maximum, and average ping logging response times and deviations from the initial ping.
🏅 How do I ping multiple devices at once?
You can easily ping multiple devices using a command-line by writing a one-line loop around the Ping command.
It is easier to use a graphical ping tool that will automatically scan the entire network.
⚡ How does Ping monitoring works?
The ping monitor allows you to assess the connection strength based on the response time of the ping. This type of software also enables you to monitor your devices to tell you whether a machine is online or offline.
👉 How do I ping my application server?
You can Ping your application server from anywhere if you know its IP address. From your network, you need to search the network IP address of the application server.
All you need to do is give the IP address with the Ping command, for example,
If you have ping monitoring software, then you just need to enter your application server’s IP address into it and execute the search.
💻 Which are the Best Ping Monitoring Tools?
Following are the best ping monitoring tools:
- SolarWinds Engineer’s Toolset
- ManageEngine OpUtils
- Paessler PRTG
- Spiceworks Ping monitoring tool