Identity and access management tools are critical components of enterprise security. IAM solutions give companies the ability to regulate access to critical apps and monitor all network users. Cloud security requires redesigning of IT security, and IAM tools are used to achieve that. It’s not just about people in the cloud but also computing resources, serverless operations, and devices.
With only one set of stolen credentials, hackers may access broad areas of the network through security flaws in obsolete IAM software. So, organizations that want to enhance their IAM strategies must prefer increasingly advanced authentication mechanisms, such as multi-factor authentication (MFA), passwordless authentication, consolidated identities, and single sign-on (SSO).
Here is our list of credible Identity and Access Management solutions that can stop hackers in their tracks before they can access your systems. Read more…
Best IAM Tools (Identity Access Management Solutions)
|Tool Name||Integrations||Platform||Free Trial||Link|
|👍 ADManager Plus||Zendesk, Jira, Workday, Zoho people, Syslog etc.||Windows and Cloud||30 Days||Learn More|
|Access Rights Manager||Active Directory, SharePoint, OneDrive, etc.||Windows, Linux||30 Days||Learn More|
|Okta||7000+ like Salesforce, ServiceNow UD, Workday, Zendesk||Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android||30 Days||Learn More|
|SailPoint IdentityIQ||194 like SAP, AWS, Microsoft 365, ServiceNow||Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android||No||Learn More|
|IBM Security Verify||650 + including AWS, Feedly, google workspace, JIRA, Microsoft 365||Mac, iOS, Android, Windows, Linux, and Z (mainframe) operating systems||90 Days||Learn More|
ADManager Plus is comprehensive Active Directory management and reporting software that is simple and user-friendly. It is a web-based solution for all your admin needs, including Active Directory, Exchange Server, Skype for Business, G Suite, and Office 365.
This GUI-based AD management tool simplifies and eases AD management and saves time. You can employ this tool to automate repetitive tasks without writing a single script line or using PowerShell.
With this tool, you can provide help desk technicians access to OU and group-based AD tasks. It also takes care of streamlining and monitoring the execution of AD tasks. With the help of this IAM solution, you can create your own workflow structure that will help you with compliance and reporting, automate daily AD tasks, etc.
- Multiple user accounts : You can create multiple account.
- Changing the attributes of multiple users
- Integration: ADManager Plus is integrated with several third-party applications, including Zendesk, Jira, Workday, Zoho people, Syslog, ServiceNow, etc.
- Customer Support: You can connect with customer support via email and phone
- Updating passwords for multiple user accounts
- User display name modification
- Establishing Exchange mailboxes and implementing Exchange Policies
- Creating accounts with Google Workspace and Office 365
- AD inactive account enabling, disablement, and deletion
- Transferring users across OUs
- Automated user management on a large scale
- Price: Plan starts at $595/ per year
- Free Trial: 30 Days Free Trial
IAM tool to support more users and resources
Access Rights Management (ARM) is an excellent choice for consolidating user credentials using role-specific templates. It helps IT teams create protected accounts on a massive scale. Active Directory is its priority, so it manages all the systems for which AD establishes access privileges.
It can analyze the interactions between users and resources as well as account activity. You can check who has access to what and when they accessed it by peeking at user authorizations and access permissions.
SolarWinds’ Access Rights Manager is an ideal option for companies that have issues with navigating Active Directory’s panels. It effortlessly manages access permission for a bulk number of users and devices across domains. Whenever you make modifications in Access Rights Manager, it’ll also push them to AD.
- File Server Auditing: Auditing entails generating reports on specific features of file server activity that might provide insight into access.
- Active Directory Management: The Active Directory is intended to allow for quick provisioning and de-provisioning of users.
- Automate SharePoint Permissions: While securing data access and verifying compliance, it assists in streamlining SharePoint permissions management.
- GDPR Compliance: An essential component of proving GDPR compliance is knowing which users have access to what data types.
- User Provisioning: Access Rights Management (ARM) simplifies adding new users and makes it possible to respond quickly to requests to terminate accounts.
- Monitor and Manage OneDrive Permissions: Review and report on OneDrive permissions to remain vigilant on security and enforce legal compliance.
- Supported Platforms: Windows, Linux
- Price: On request,
- Free trial: 30 Days Free Trial
Best overall identity management tool
Okta is an eminent corporate-level Identity and Access Management software. Okta was formed in 2009 and currently has over 17,600 customers. For six consecutive years, Gartner® ranked Okta as a Leader in Access Management. It extends Identity Access Management services from enterprise-sized institutions to individuals.
Okta utilizes three techniques to manage user identity for cloud-based and on-premise services.
- SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language)
- SCIML (System for Cross-domain Identity Management)
- SIEM (Security Information and Event Management)
These promote access to multiple applications with just a single sign-on. Hence, an alert will be raised even if a sign-in takes place from a site far from the company.
- Single sign-on: It provides a single identity with a difficult-to-crack password access multiple applications simultaneously for rapid and efficient usage.
- API Access management: You can securely manage your API resources with Custom Authorization Servers, custom scopes, claims, policies and rules, and centralized logging regardless of your API gateway, language, and framework.
- Adaptive Multi-factor Authentication: As a secondary protection, you may choose any question as MFA, have an OTP delivered to your phone when doubtful activity is noticed, or have your face or fingerprint as a biometric lock to prevent third-party intrusion.
- Access management: Okta permits new applications and APIs but secures and limits access to them in accordance with your policies.
- Password management: Okta employs a number of strategies, including email-based magic links, factor sequencing, and WebAuthn, so secure password-less system.
- Lifecycle management: The Okta Lifecycle Management is directly integrated with HR software. So, it compiles and saves all the user data in the Active Directory to make the onboarding and offboarding procedures more effortless.
- Identity governance: Okta Identity Governance is a SaaS-based, consolidated, and user-friendly Identity and Access Management solution to manage your identity, access lifecycles across the platforms, and enhance overall security.
- User provisioning automation: Admins acquire a unified view of users across all applications, allowing them to make more informed decisions about access policies.
- Integrations: Okta IAM tool has over 7000 third-party software integrations, including Google, Zscaler, and AWS. Zoom and crowd strike.
- Compliance and Reporting: Okta adheres to compliance standards, including SOC 2 Type II, ISO 27001/27018/27017, SOC 3, etc.
- Customer support: It offers customer support via email, chat box, and phone. Call +1-800-425-1267 to connect with a product expert.
- Supported platforms: Windows, Mac OS, iPad OS, Watch OS, iOS, Android.
- Free Trial: 30 days free trial
- Price: Plan starts at $2 per month
AI-Powered IAM solution
SailPoint IdentityIQ is a comprehensive solution that uses AI and machine learning to automate provisioning, access certification, and splitting task requirements efficiently. It streamlines the access request and delivery process while offering enhanced visibility and control over user access to sensitive apps and data.
Being a stand-alone Identity and Access Management software that isn’t tied to any particular platform, it acts as a cloud-based unifier to connect the various access rights systems on different platforms.
SailPoint IdentityIQ offers a collection of connectors and integrations that can be used to intelligently control access to all of your critical business apps. It is one of the cutting-edge identity management systems which is easier and less expensive to provide users access while still adhering to regulations.
- IdentityIQ Compliance Manager: The company can enhance compliance and audit performance at a cheaper cost.
- Lifecycle Manager: It offers security-efficient business-oriented solutions, Self Service Access requests, and Automated User Provisioning.
- Password Manager: It provides robust password policy enforcement, synchronization, and self-service password management.
- Onboarding Automation: User onboarding can be automated using a workflow.
- Compliance and reporting: The IAM enforces and reports compliance based on standards, including CCPA, FISMA, GDPR, HIPAA, SOX, etc.
- Governance Platform: Centralizing identity data and offering a single access point to model roles, policies, risk, and business procedures.
- Price: On request
- Free Trial: No
IAM solution to mitigate insider threats
IBM Security Verify is an all-in-one identification and access management solution for both customers and employees. The IBM Security Verify solution is part of the IBM security suite. IBM’s IAM package also includes modern techniques for governance and privileged access management (PAM). They offer automated, cloud-based, and on-premise solutions for identity governance, workforce and customer identity and access management, and privileged account control.
By utilizing a low-friction, cloud-native, software-as-a-service (SaaS) strategy, IBM Security Verify makes it possible to secure your users and apps both inside and outside the workplace. You can also switch from legacy, on-premises apps to the cloud with Verify Access.
- Single sign-on: Centralized access control for apps running on-premises and in the cloud which limits the use of passwords.
- Advanced Authentication: It provides MFA and passwordless Authentication for quicker access to data and apps. It adds an extra security layer.
- Adaptive access: Use machine learning to continuously assess user risk for increased accuracy.
- Consent Management: Employ templates for specific needs to deal with privacy legislation and self-services.
- Lifecycle management: Integrating corporate governance procedures with application access.
- Identity Analytics: Integrate corporate governance procedures with application access.
- Free Trial: 90 Days Free Trial
- Price: Pricing starts at $1.71 per month
The best IAM software for the BFSI sector
Oracle is one of the best identity and access management tools to protect corporate application access in the cloud and on-premise settings. Even though it does not have the same level of cloud presence as Google, Microsoft, and Amazon, Oracle stays a major player in the IT sector. The Oracle system is a flexible and suitable option for evolving enterprises that have to update their policies constantly.
Oracle offers an integrated cloud identity solution that places user identity at the security parameter’s core and helps enterprises pursue a zero-trust strategy.
The ability to scale to millions of users and interact with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and apps is a key advantage of Oracle Identity solutions. Companies can therefore comply with regulatory standards while lowering operating costs.
- Access for complex global organizations: Maintains continuous visibility and control of cloud infrastructure and applications across complex organizations.
- Manage identities: Oracle IAM uses open standards-based integrations to reduce maintenance and expense.
- Streamlining identity tasks: For managing identity authorization across on-premises and cloud services, Oracle IAM offers gateways, proxies, and bridges.
- Pursuing zero-trust strategy: Adaptive authentication decreases risk by strengthening login restrictions when user access is determined high risk based on device, location, or user actions.
- Managing consumer access to services: REST APIs and standards-based integration are used to integrate third-party services and custom applications.
- Supported Platforms: Oracle, Windows, VMware, Red Hat, SUSE
- Price: Plan starts at $4.25/month
- Free Trial: 30 Days Free Trial
CyberArk is a leading IAM company that ensures establishing a security-first approach for enterprises. It provides a complete set of adaptable identity security features. In the fields of IDaaS and privileged access management, it has consistently ranked as a leader.
About 50% of Fortune 500 companies have benefited from CyberArk’s assistance in protecting their critical assets. It comprises a SaaS-delivered set of tools to make business identity and access management efficient.
CyberArk defends businesses against cybersecurity threats hidden behind privileged access. The PAM technologies from CyberArk help companies protect privileged access to critical assets. It helps companies to comply with industry standards by continuously monitoring privileged accounts. The IDaaS services from CyberArk are perfect for the cloud-first, mobile-first model of IT. For SaaS platforms and company applications operating in public or private clouds, they offer centralized, cloud-based identity management and access management.
- Password Management: CyberArk Identity Cloud and CyberArk Self-Hosted Vault provide the facility to ensure safe and end-to-end encrypted storage of credentials. Retrieving passwords from the vault doesn’t need a VPN.
- Single Sign-on: Allows users to access all of their cloud and on-premises apps from a single location with a single set of credentials.
- Sharing and Permission: Define the timeframe for shared access while limiting which people may access, update, or share credentials.
- Built-in Compliance Reports: Offers a thorough history of credential updates and access activities.
- Self-Service Tools: By giving consumers the ability to safely reset lost passwords and unlock accounts, you may alleviate some of the pressure on your IT department.
- Partner Federation: Provide seamless partner access to your apps without duplicating, authenticating, or managing the lifespan of external users.
- Multi-Factor Authentication: Adaptive MFA feature provides a wide variety of authentication techniques. It ensures the safe access of apps and data by the stakeholders.
- Free Trial: 30 Days Free Trial
- Price: Pricing starts at $2 per month
OneLogin presents a specialized identity and access management solution for employees and clients. It is a part of One Identity, which Quest Software owns. It is one of the best Access management tools for developers who want to include IAM features in their apps can get support from OneLogin.
OneLogin Solution provides you with all the data protection you need for your employees, clients, and partners at a price you can afford. With OneLogin’s AI-Powered SmartFactor Authentication, you can immediately deal with high-risk activity by getting real-time visibility into login attempts. It also helps you easily define and automatically adjusts authentication needs.
- Directory Integration: One-time access to SaaS and on-premises applications from any device provides a compatible user experience.
- Single-Sign-On: Users gain access to all of their applications via OneLogin with a single set of login credentials.
- Integration: OneLogin has a portfolio of over 6,000 pre-integrated apps, including Workday, Active Directory, G Suite, LDAP, etc.
- User provisioning Automation: It allows you to handle HR data and streamline employee onboarding and offboarding.
- OneLogin Sandbox: OneLogin has a sandbox capability for testing configurations.
- SmartFactor Authentication: It uses the Vigilance AI risk assessment to dynamically modify authentication criteria in real time based on the risk level of each login.
- Passwordless Authentication: Users just need to log in once to access all of the apps in their OneLogin Portal and SAML-enabled desktop apps.
- Customer Support: You can contact customer service using the website’s contact page.
- Price: Plan starts at 2$ a month
- Free Trial: 30 Days Free Trial
9) AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
AWS Identity and Access Management tool allows you to designate which entities should access AWS services and resources. Furthermore, it regulates fine-grained permissions and adjusts AWS permissions as needed. It also provides cloud solutions for every need, but they are complex and have a long learning curve.
To utilize Amazon services to their maximum potential, your security team will need to be well-versed in the field of policy management. Workforce access to multiple AWS accounts and apps is centrally managed through the AWS IAM Identity Center. You may achieve the least privilege by managing permissions efficiently at each stage with the help of the AWS IAM Access Analyzer.
- Shared Access: Users can share resources with the team without sharing their passwords.
- Granular permissions: These are used to permit users to utilize one service while blocking access to others.
- MFA: AWS supports MFA, requiring users to provide their login credentials and a received OTP.
- Identity Federation: It permits users to manage a single password for usage in both on-premises and cloud environments.
- PCI DSS compliance. Organizations handling credit cards from major card schemes need to follow PCI DSS. AWS IAM adheres to this standard.
- Password Policy: You can specify how a user should pick a password or how many times they can attempt to input a password before it is denied.
- Supported Platforms: Amazon Linux 2, CentOS, Oracle Linux, Red Hat, SUSE, Ubuntu, Windows
- Price: AWS accounts come with IAM for free. You will only be charged if you use IAM to access other AWS services.
PingIdentity IAM tool is a comprehensive security solution that manages millions of identities. In the banking and financial industries, it is considered to be one of the best Identity management software. It is the best IMA solution which is perfect option for enterprises expecting to improve the security of their cloud-based assets without affecting their consumers’ UI. Access to on-premises and hybrid systems may also be governed by this tool.
It provides various security services via its companion applications. It offers
- PingAccess for API security,
- PingDirectory for user profile storage
- PingOne for easy application integration
- PingDataGovernance for data access control.
It is a user-friendly IAM solution that streamlines cloud migration. Also, it aids in linking several SaaS products into a single sign-on service and reduces the cybersecurity risks associated with human errors.
- Multi-factor authentication: Multi-factor authentication (MFA) increases security through requesting more than one piece of evidence to check the authenticity of access.
- Single sign-on: Access applications easily and securely from any location at any time.
- Orchestration: Create frictionless user experiences by connecting all of your preferred identity providers with drag-and-drop visual flows that require no coding.
- Risk management: It recognizes the possible threats and makes smarter decisions instantly to prevent the risk.
- Access to the web and APIs: Secures your online apps and APIs with established identity standards.
- API Intelligence: Employ AI to see API traffic, spot anomalies, and prevent threats.
- Price: Plan starts at $3/ month
- Free Trial: 30 Days Free Trial
The best Identity and Access Management software make organizations secure by ensuring that only authorized users have access to critical data and apps. But it is not an easy task. The amount of customization, growth expectations, and present demands of a firm all go into choosing the most suitable IAM solution like Okta, SailPoint, etc.