Email client is a software application that enables configuring one or more email addresses to receive, read, compose, and send messages from that email address(s). It also provides a central interface for receiving, composing, and sending a configured email address(s).
Following is a handpicked list of Top Email Client for Windows 10, with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) software.
Best Email Clients Program for Windows 10
|👍 Mailbird||• You can snooze a particular message.
• It helps you to contact via LinkedIn from your inbox.
|Polymail||• You can set follow-up email reminders.
• It provides click and download tracking.
|Outlook||• Data encryption in your mailbox.
• Manage multiple calendars in one view.
|EM Client||• You can take a backup of your email.
• This product supports the autoreply email.
Mailbird is a Windows email sending application that can work with Gmail. It helps you to manage all your emails and contacts with more than one account. This app allows you to customize your layout.
- Mailbird allows you to integrate with Facebook, Whatsapp, Dropbox, Google Calendar, etc.
- You can snooze a particular message.
- It helps you to contact via LinkedIn from your inbox.
- You can upload your custom notification sound.
- This app provides multi-language support.
- It has numerous shortcuts for composing, replying, and forwarding emails.
Polymail is an email program that provides complete details of how and when people read your emails. It enables you to create and share customized email templates with your team. This tool helps you to integrate with other messaging tools like Slack and Salesforce.
- You can set follow-up email reminders.
- It provides click and download tracking.
- You can schedule emails to send later.
- It provides a detailed report of your team’s activity.
- You can clean up your inbox by unsubscribing from newsletters.
Microsoft Outlook 365 is an email client software application for mac devices. It offers email, calendar, and contact all in one place. Outlook provides easy collaboration with other office apps like Ms- Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- It helps you to say organized and plan ahead
- It is one of the best email clients for Windows that allows you to protect your confidential information
- Automatic deactivation of unsafe links that contains phishing scams, viruses, or malware.
- Data encryption in your mailbox after the email is sent.
- Allows you to manage multiple calendars in one view
4) EM Client
EM Client is one the best email client for Windows 10 with an easy-to-use interface. This application helps you to manage email, calendar, contacts, and tasks. It supports PGP (Pretty Good Privacy) encryption.
- You can take a backup of your email.
- This product supports the autoreply email.
- It automatically downloads contacts from the web.
- You can add tables and resize any cell effortlessly.
- This best email client for windows allows you to change image size, rotate, and flip.
Shift is an email client for Windows 10 that helps you to manage multiple workflows. It allows you to create custom workspaces inside Shift and invite people to collaborate.
- Shift is a desktop email client that allows you to sync up many email accounts into a unified inbox.
- It integrates with G Suite apps, Facebook and Slack
- You can add extensions to shift. These extensions include things like Grammarly, HubSpot, and Zoom.
- It helps you to streamline & organize your work/life/play.
- It helps you to browse by account.
- You can add your extensions.
6) Zimbra Desktop
Zimbra iOS app offers email, calendar, and collaboration solution built for cloud computing. It is a smart mailbox that helps you to find your email quickly. You can use this application to view the inbox by conversation.
- You can drag and drop emails into specific folders.
- It allows you to compose multiple emails at the same time.
- You can send emails with images.
- This best email client for Windows enables you to attach multiple files from the computer.
- You can undo, send, restore email as well as scheduled delivery.
- Zimbra desktop provides online and offline access to all your email accounts in one place.
- You can recover removed messages from the trash for up to 30 days.
- It is one of the best free email client for Windows 10 that enables you to share message folders to collaborate with other people.
A spark is an email software that automatically categorizes emails for secure processing. It allows you to pin or snooze emails. You can invite your teammates to create mail together.
- You can find your email quickly by using a natural language search.
- It allows commenting on emails.
- This program has pre-written emails for replying to emails fast.
- You can set reminders to follow up on important emails.
- This best mail client for Windows 10 enables you to add a signature to your email.
- Spark helps you to personalize the sidebar, swipes, and widgets.
- You can receive a notification only when an important message comes into your inbox.
Postbox is a tool that helps you to add dynamic data fields to the responses and templates. It is one of the best Windows email client which allows you to reuse HTML snippets within message replies. This app provides more than 25 design signature templates.
- This email program allows you to add dynamic data fields to emails and templates.
- It allows you to forward email content to hundreds of other apps and services, like Evernote, Slack, etc.
- You can add additional image effects like flip, rotate, shadow, and frames.
- This is one of the best free email clients for Windows that helps you to resize any image.
Blue mail is an email client that is capable of managing an unlimited number of mail accounts. It is one of the best free email app for Windows 10 that allows smart push notifications and group emailing. This tool enables you to personalize multiple email accounts.
- You can mark messages to handle later and set reminders for them.
- It allows you to access calendars and plan events.
- You can seamlessly switch from one theme to another.
- This email software helps you to count unread emails.
- You can filter out starred emails.
- It is one of the best free mail clients for Windows, which provides security through encryption.
- This email client for Windows supports Android or iOS phones and tablets.
Mailspring is a simple open-source email app for Windows, Mac, and Linux. It supports IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) and Office 365. This app allows you to undo sent items.
- You can get email read receipts.
- It is localized into nine languages.
- This app provides support for touch and gesture.
- You can quickly add a signature to the email.
- It is one of the best mail apps for Windows 10, which helps translate an English message in numerous available options of languages.
- Mailspring detects the language you are using and automatically spellchecks in that language.
Hiri is an app for managing email from Office 365, outlook.com, etc. You can send actionable emails to your team. It is one of the best email program for Windows 10 which helps you to separate emails according to subject lines.
- You can keep track of your emails.
- It allows you to ping a message to your colleagues for a status update.
- Hiri helps you to manage your task list hassle-free.
- You can turn your emails into a task by clicking and dragging.
TypeApp is a tool that helps you to manage an unlimited number of email accounts. It allows you to track conversions in your inbox. This app provides instant email notifications using a tablet, smartwatch, or phone.
- Sponsored by IBM
- Built for your advantage
- Discover how IBM servers and storage solutions keep you in control of your data security and customer experience during even the biggest disruptions.
- You can access this app using IMAP, POP3, etc.
- It provides a wide range of colored themes.
- TypeApp provides support for Android wearable devices.
- You can personalize UI the way you like.
- It offers a unified (merged) inbox to get all email accounts in one place.
13) Mozilla Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird is an open-source, cross-platform email suite. It is one of the best email app for Windows 10 that provides an easy-to-use wizard for setting up an email account. This software helps you to personalize the email the way you like.
- You can quickly add people to your address book.
- It provides a reminder for attachment before sending an email.
- You can filter mails by new messages, people, and tags.
- Thunderbird automatically checks for updates.
- You can share a link of large files in your mail instead of the attachment itself.
- It protects from phishing, obtaining sensitive information like credit card details, passwords, etc.
- You can manage multiple email accounts by combining archive, inbox, or sent folder.
Mail allows you to choose from 200 domains while creating an email address. You can choose an area that fits their profession, personality, location, or lifestyle. This personalization of email addresses will work as the identification of a specific person.
- It provides unlimited email storage.
- It has an antivirus tool that protects your emails from viruses.
- This tool offers a convenient way to access your Mail via smartphone.
15) Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mail is the Windows email client. It is a free, open-source desktop program specially designed for Microsoft users.
This program is best suited for both office and home use. It is one of the best mail app for Windows 10 that provides a calendar, manager, and reminder programs as standard features, offering robust and reliable operations.
- The Windows Live Mail is a multi-user platform and offers an extensive ribbon that can be configured as per requirement
- Offers an ability to edit the HTML coding and segregate the data in different folders and mailboxes
- View, edit, and share office docs
- Allows you to send huge files
- It helps you to search and do autocomplete
Newton email client is another useful application for iOS, Android, macOS, Windows, and Chrome. It is one of the best email apps for Windows 10 which is known for its searching capabilities, cross-platform abilities, and user interface. It is also referred to as an email client better than Gmail’s native app.
- It indicates the right message for you.
- You can send the message later in case you don’t want to send it now.
- Snooze emails for later
- Get receipts of email delivery from your readers
- Tidy up your inbox and add efficiency to your workflow
17) Opera Mail
Opera Mail is a public email and news client service. Opera Mail is developed for Windows OS, which provides easy indexing of mailing lists and attachments.
- This email program provides faster, hassle-free operations that help the users save time with features like auto-sorts, filtering, and rich text support.
- Provides easy indexing of mailing lists and attachments.
- This Email client also displays the text in HTML and allows the Presto layout engine to do the same.
18) Claws Mail
Claws Mail is a free email client, which is both lightweight and highly configurable. This email client runs on both Windows and Unix-like systems such as Linux, BSD, and Solaris. It is one of the best email programs for Windows 10 that stores mail in the MH mailbox format.
- Claws Mail protects the shared content by using SSL, GPG, and anti-phishing encryptions
- Provides features like X-Face support, pre-folder preferences, foldable quotes, and various extensions that enhance the look and feel of the program.
- Search and filtering, importing files from various external formats
- An external editor armed with a large range of readymade templates.
❓ What is an Email Client?
Email client is a software application that enables configuring one or more email addresses to receive, read, compose, and send emails from that email address(s). It also provides a central interface for receiving, composing, and sending emails of the configured email address(s).
⭐ How does Email Client work?
When a sender sends an email to anyone, the email is first sent to a mail server like SMTP. Then, the mail server contacts DNS (Domain Name System) to locate the IP address of the recipient. Once the IP address is located, it checks if the recipient domain has any mail exchange server or not. Then the message is sent to the email recipient’s MTA server. The MTA server then decides where to put the email and sends it to the recipient, and the recipient gets the message.
⚡ Does Windows 10 have a default email program?
Yes, Windows 10 has its default email program called Mail App. However, you can change the default email program as you want. For example, you can set Outlook as your default email program in Windows 10.
❗ How to choose the best email program?
Here are some important features which must be included in any best email clients:
- It should allow you to send unlimited messages to anyone.
- It can manage multiple email accounts by combining archive, inbox, or sent folder.
- An email client must comply with the protocols IMAP, POP3, etc.
- It should allow you to access calendars and plan events.
- It should allow features like undo send, restore email as well as scheduled delivery.
🚀 What is IMAP, POP3, SMTP?
IMAP: IMAP or Internet Message Access Protocol is a mail protocol that is used to access email on the webserver from the local PC. It stores messages on a server and synchronizes the emails across multiple devices.
POP3: POP3 or Post Office Protocol is a mail protocol that is used to receive emails from the server to the local email client. It allows operations like download email messages on your computer and delete them from the server.
SMTP: SMTP or Simple Mail Transfer Protocol is an application layer to send messages to the mail server for relaying.
When you send emails, the webserver processes your mails and decides which server to send messages to. The mail service provider downloads the mails and places them in the inbox of the recipient.
💻 Which are the Best Email Client Software programs for Windows 10?
Here are the best email client software programs for Windows 10:
- EM Client
- Zimbra Desktop