Success in any test automation depends on identifying the right tool for the project. With a plethora of open-source and commercial automation tools to choose from, automation Testing tool selection can become tricky. Here is a curated list of best automated tools -
ACCELQ is the only cloud-based codeless test automation platform that seamlessly Automates API and web testing, achieving continuous testing for Enterprises. Here are key highlights:
- AI based test automation for rapid development and robust to changes
- 3x Faster Test Development and 70% lower maintenance for Test automation assets
- Power and Flexibility to handle most complex automation with absolutely NO coding
- Continuous Test Automation platform enabling CI/CD with integration to Jira, AzureDevOps, Jenkins etc.
- Salesforce Test Automation and seamless support of Salesforce lightning and custom objects
- Enterprise technology test automation support for web, api, microservices, database, mainframe, pdf and so on.
Over 14,000 users worldwide accelerate testing with Ranorex Studio, an all-in-one tool for test automation. Ranorex is easy for beginners with a codeless click-and-go interface, but powerful for automation experts with a full IDE for C# or VB.NET, and open APIs.
- Functional UI and end-to-end testing on desktop, web, and mobile
- Cross-browser testing
- SAP, ERP, Delphi and legacy applications.
- iOS and Android
- Run tests locally or remotely, in parallel or distribute on a Selenium Grid
- Robust reporting
Ranorex integrates with leading solutions like Git, TFS, Jenkins, Bamboo, Bugzilla, SpecFlow, NeoLoad, TestRail and more for a complete testing toolchain.
TestCraft is a codeless Selenium test automation platform. The revolutionary AI technology and unique visual modeling allows for faster test creation and execution while eliminating test maintenance overhead. Testers create fully automated test scenarios without coding. Customers find bugs faster, release more frequently, integrate with CI/CD and improve overall quality of their digital products.
- No programming skills required. Leverage manual testers’ business knowledge and allow them to create automated test scenarios
- Substantially reduce maintenance costs. Scripts are automatically adjusted to change due to our AI mechanism. Major changes are adapted with a few clicks
- Selenium based. Quickly integrate and leverage modules developed by the community
- Provides immediate time to value. Nothing to install (SaaS). Easy to master
HeadSpin is the world's first Connected Intelligence PlatformTM that provides Web, Mobile, IoT, and 5G solutions to unify testing, monitoring, and analytics across applications, devices, and networks. HeadSpin empowers development, QA, operations, and product teams to optimize connected experiences and ensure digital business success.
- Access to 300+ devices over 30+ countries on shared device cloud:
- Remote Debugging
- Real SIM-enabled Android and iOS devices
- 500+ parallel tests
- Regression Testing
- Localization Testing
- Locally debugging and code profiling
Subject7 is an automation platform providing end-to-end test automation capabilities through a series of commands. These commands are available via an easy-to-use web interface. Mimicking user actions, each command hides the complexities of industry-standard packages such as Selenium, Appium, SikuliX, JMeter, ZAP, and others.
- Easy to use web interface for non-coders
- Integrates with JIRA, Jenkins, and REST capable DevOps pipeline
- Zero setup and scales executions leveraging AWS, Azure, and Google clouds
- Email notifications, video recordings, team collaboration, and more
- Using open source standards such as Selenium and Appium to drive web and mobile
ZeuZ Automation is an AI-assisted click-and-test automation framework that testers enjoy using! It's scriptless and simple for manual testers, but also robust, with all-in-one features desired by experts. Equipped with CI/CD integration, intelligent debugging, rich reporting, collaboration features, ZeuZ delivers on the promise of true end-to-end automation.
- Cross-platform: web, mobile, desktop, API, IoT, and cloud services
- No code, single UI covering all technologies in one test case, or thousands with build-in program logic
- All-in-one: manage and run manual + automated, functional, regression, UI, performance, data-driven tests
- Test script recording, AI-powered object identification, build-in waiting mechanisms
- Rich reports, notifications, collaboration tools & batch updates
- Flexible deployment: single machine or 100s of VMs, on-premises and in the cloud
- Advanced debugging (drill down, intelligent issue grouping, step testing)
- Jira, Jenkins plugin, 3rd party integrations
- API and extendible with custom actions and scripts (Selenium, Appium, etc.)
LambdaTest is one of the leading cloud based cross browser testing platform which empowers users to perform automated compatibility testing of their website or web applications on a combination of 2000+ real browsers & OS.
- Automated Cross Browser Testing on 2000+ real Browsers & OS
- One click bug logging with tools like JIRA, Asana, Github, Slack, Monday.com etc.
- Integration with various CI/CD tools like Circle CI, Jenkins, Travis CI etc.
- Live interactive testing through VM hosted on LambdaTest cloud.
- Automated screenshot testing on 25 combinations at a time
TestArchitect is a codeless test automation tool that focuses on scaling up automation coverage & productivity by leveraging Keyword Driven Testing. A small number of more-technical testers can support a much larger group of less-technical testers to achieve 80% automation coverage and more with TestArchitect.
- Codeless automation that uses Action Based Testing, a modern form of Keyword Driven Testing for high reusability and less maintenance costs.
- Intuitive spreadsheet IDE just like Excel
- Supported platforms: desktop, cross-browser, mobile testing, API, computer vision testing, etc.
- Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, macOS, Androids & iOS
- Integration plugins with most of the leading CI/CD/DevOps tools such as Azure DevOps, TFS, Jenkins, etc.
Parasoft Selenic leverages AI to address your problems with Selenium so you don’t have to get rid of Selenium. It works directly with your existing Selenium tests, so you’re not locked into a proprietary platform.
- Self-healing at runtime and AI-driven recommendations post-execution. You can efficiently maintain existing Selenium scripts, reducing the time spent maintaining, repairing, and fixing broken tests.
- Create Selenium test suites with the Page Object Model. Teams can rapidly build a maintainable testing practice from the start.
- Optimize test execution with Test Impact Analysis. Cross-correlating test execution with underlying code changes gives you quicker feedback from your CI/CD pipeline.
Squish is the new GUI Test Automation tool of choice for more than 3000 companies worldwide to automate the functional regression tests and system tests of their graphical user interface (GUIs) and Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs). The Squish GUI testing tool, a 100% cross-platform tool, features
- In-depth support for all major GUI technologies
- Full support for all desktop, mobile, web and embedded platforms
- Test script recording
- Powerful and reliable object identification and verifications (object-based and image based)
- No dependency on screenshots or visual appearance
- Powerful integrated development environment (IDE)
- A wide range of popular script languages for test scripting
- Full support for Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Full control via command line tools
- Integrations with Test Management and CI-Systems
Zephyr is the #1 selling test management tool, providing end-to-end solutions for agile teams of all sizes. Get the flexibility, visibility, and insights you need to release better software FASTER
- 1-click Integration with JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Bamboo, and more
- Cloud, Server, and Data Center Deployment Options
- Advanced Analytics and DevOps Dashboards
- No Annual Commitment Required
- Get - More Information
12) TestCafe Studio
TestCafe Studio is a cross-platform, end-to-end web testing platform. TestCafe Studio allows you to create, run and maintain automated web tests with zero code.
- Built-in Visual Test Recorder – No code required.
- Cross-platform and Cross-browser – run tests on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android and within Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge and IE.
- No Additional Tools Required – No need for WebDriver, browser plugins or other testing software.
- Auto-generated Element Selectors - TestCafe Studio generates a selector for each page element used in the test, and provides a list of alternative selectors that cover various test scenarios.
- Built-in Waiting Mechanism
mabl delivers scriptless end-to-end test automation, integrated with your delivery pipeline, so you can focus on improving your app.
Using proprietary machine learning models, mabl automatically identifies and surfaces application issues quickly, so you can:
- Fix bugs fast - Robust test output helps you diagnose and fix bugs fast, before they impact your customers.
- Ship more code - Tests are automatically repaired when your UI changes so you can spend less time maintaining tests.
- Maintain quality - Prevent bad releases with automated regression insights on every build.
Selenium is an open-source web automation tool, currently in demand, and widely used tool in the market. It can automate across multiple OS Like Windows, Mac, and Linux and browsers like Firefox, Chrome, IE, as well as Headless Browsers.
15) HP UFT (aka QTP)
HPE Unified Functional Test is leading cross-platform automation testing tool. It can automate Web, Desktop, SAP, Delphi, Net, ActiveX, Flex, Java, Oracle, Mobile, PeopleSoft, PowerBuilder, Siebel, Stingray, Visual Basic amongst other applications. The list is of development environment it can automate is huge!
UFT uses VBScript as the scripting language.
The tool is tightly integrated with HP ALM (Test Management Tool) and HP LoadRunner (Performance Testing Tool)
Some of the distinguishing features of UFT include Business Process Testing, keyword driven framework, XML support, robust checkpoints, test results.
Watir is an open source web automation testing too.It is pronounced as "water."
Watir supports IE on windows. Watir + WebDriver supports FireFox, Opera, and headless browser HTML Unit.
The scripting language is Ruby, but you can automate web apps developed in any language.
Using Ruby, Watir gives you features to connect with the database, read flat files, excel – important for data-driven testing. You can reusable test code that can be repeated across test scripts.
Integrates with BDD tools like RSpec, Cucumber, etc.
17) IBM Rational Functional Tester
Rational Functional Tester is commercial automation testing tool from IBM. Its supports a wide range of development environments like Siebel, Net, SAP, Java, PowerBuilder, Flex, Dojo amongst others.
It supports 2 scripting language Java and VB.Net
Rational Functional Tester(RFT) integrates tightly with IBM Rational Quality Manager (test management tool).
The tool supports functional testing, regression testing & Data-driven testing.
Storyboard Testing is a unique feature to RFT where the test script is recorded as a series of a screenshot of the actions performed against the Application Under Test. The tester can make changes to the screenshots to enhance the script.
18) Telerik Test Studio
It supports 2 scripting language C# and VB.Net
Test Studio can connect with source control systems like Team Foundation Server and GIT and execute Continuous Testing.
Telerik allows you to schedule tests, execute testing in parallel and has robust test reporting features.
19) Silk Test
Silk Test is a functional and regression automation testing tool from MicroFocus.
Silk Test Provides 3 products Workbench, Silk4J, and Silk4NET. Workbench use VB.net scripting language, Silk4J & Silk4NET can use Java/VB.NET, C#, etc
SilkTest supports Cross-browser testing, Mobile testing & provides Collaborative test design environment via Keyword driven testing.
Cucumber is an open-source Behavior Driven Development (BDD) tool. Cucumber supports languages like Ruby, Java, Scala, Groovy, etc.
Drafting test scripts is a joint effort of testers, developer, and customers. Cucumber supports only the web environment. Test code is written in simple English called Gherkin. Cucumber code can be executed on different frameworks like Selenium, Ruby, etc
The focus of cucumber is the end-user experience.
21) WorkSoft Certify
WorkSoft Certify is an automation testing tool for SAP. It can test and automate SuccessFactors, Concur, Syclo, Ariba Network, SAP Fiori User Experience (UX)
WorkSoft Certify can run tests unattended and automate end to end business process. The tool can be deployed even if a SAP project is in implementation, upgrade or maintenance stage.
WorkSoft Certify maintains a central test object repository such the test script maintenance, and reuse becomes easy. It provides integrated test data management tool.
22) Katalon Studio
Katalon Studio is a open-source automation tool and supports the web and mobile environment.
It works on top on Selenium and Appium, thereby enhancing those frameworks with features like object spy, user-friendly IDE, object repository & browser plugin
The tool uses Groovy as the scripting language & support external Java library. Katalon allows you to re-use Selenium scripts written in Java and use directly in the tool. It works seamlessly with Continuous Integration systems like Jenkins, Bamboo, and TeamCity.
Testcomplete is a powerful and easy-to-use functional test automation tool from SmartBear. It can automate tests across desktop, mobile, and web applications.
With the tool’s record-and-replay feature and the robust object identification engine, you can also create complex automated test scripts without writing a single line of code.
Still confused? Refer this guide on How to select an Automation Tool.