What is Text Type?
Text is a small piece of formatted or unformatted text that is used to show or store information in Master data and Transaction data. For example, a temperature sensitive material ( a medicine which needs low temperature storage area) needs to be kept under freezing temperature. One can configure a text field in Sales Document with specific comments such that on sale of any such product , customer is informed to to store the medicine in refrigeration. This Text is known as “Material Sales Text”.
Each text item ( “Material Sales Text” ) in the example above is called a Text Type. It internally contains a Text ID. These are configured in the Text Types section. Text can be defined for-
- Sales document
- Enter T-code VOTXN in command field.
- Select sales & distribution radio button of customer block.
- Click on change button.
- Select text procedure node.
- Click on New Entries button.
- Select text-procedure node.
- Enter Text-procedure and its description.
- Click on save button.
- Select Text Id’s in text-procedure node.
- Enter SeqNo / ID / ID description.
- Select Text procedure assignment.
- Assign text procedure to customer account group.
Step 6) Click on save button. A message “Data was saved” will be displayed.