This tutorial explains what Traceability Matrix means and why it is important.
Please be patient . Video will load in some time. If you still face issue viewing video click here
Video Transcript with Key Takeaways Highlighted:
- Consider a scenario where, the client changes the requirement , something so usual in the practical world and adds a Field Recipient name to the functionality. So now you need to enter email id and name both to send a mail
- Obviously you will need to change your test cases to meet this new requirement
- But , by now your test case suite is very large and it is very difficult to trace the test cases affected by the test cases
- Instead , if the requirements were numbered and were referenced in the test case suite it would have been very easy to track the test cases that are affected. This is nothing but Traceability
- The traceability matrix links a business requirement to its corresponding functional requirement right up to the corresponding test cases.
- If a Test Case fails, traceability helps determine the corresponding functionality easily .
- It also helps ensure that all requirements are tested.
You can tailor the template to suit your project requirements.