Udemy online teaching platform helps you to create courses on numerous categories like development, business, design, marketing, etc.
Courses which are available in Udemy are taught by expert instructors. Students can also develop new skills and achieving their goals by learning from the extensive library of various courses.
In this Udemy vs Udacity tutorial, you will learn:
- What is Udemy?
- What is Udacity?
- Difference between Udemy and Udacity
- Features of Udemy and Udacity
- Course Example of Udemy
- Course Example of Udacity
- Who are the instructors?
- Accreditation & Certificates
- Time Commitment
- Udemy and Udacity Course Alternatives and Competitors
- Which is better, Udacity or Udemy?
Udacity is a for-profit institution that promotes online teaching of various courses. It is an online education provider that offers online courses, known as Massive Open Online Courses.
The courses offered by Udacity are highly interactive, like quizzes and exercise. Students can get benefit from a project review system which produces detailed expert project review quickly.
Here is the important difference between Udemy and Udacity:
|Launched||Udemy was launched in 2010.||Udacity was launched in 2012.|
|Founders||Udemy is founded by Eren Bali, Gagan Biyani, Oktay Caglar.||Udacity is founded by Sebastian Thrun, David Stavens.|
|Pricing||Courses range from $50 to $200.||Nanodegree program starts at $399.|
|Objective||To help learners learn anything.||To bring accessible, engaging, inexpensive, and highly effective higher education to the world.|
|Course Content Creator||Authors, professors, experts, professionals, entrepreneurs, public speakers.||Industry employers and experts from tech companies.|
|Partners||Individual instructor.||Tech companies.|
|PDFs||Provides PDF for some courses.||Provides PDFs for all courses.|
|Course Authors||Anyone can post the courses.||Authors are decided by the Udacity admin.|
|Support Through Chat||Udemy does not provide support through chat.||Udacity provides supports through chat.|
|Access Period||Udemy offers lifetime access to courses.||The access period is only for a few months (based on course).|
|Course Objective||The major aim of Udemy is to help you to learn anything.||Udacity gives university-level education for people who are seeking its alternative.|
Also Read Difference between Udemy and Coursera: Click Here
Here are the important features of Udemy:
- No prequalification necessary to take any course
- Udemy offers immediate and lifetime access to the enrolled course.
- Instructors have practical, professional knowledge
- Access to prior student reviews and ratings
Here are the important features of Udacity:
- Offers the nanodegree plus courses, which are a special form of learning that students can enroll.
- Programs are developed with the world’s most famous companies
- Hiring partnerships with leading companies
- Free courses
- A mobile app is also available.
- Class management facility
- You can easily get a personal learning experience.
Here are the examples of Udemy courses:
- Business: Finance, presentation skills, public speaking, financial analysis, entrepreneurship, writing, deep learning, SQL, machine learning, etc.
- IT & Software: IT certification, cyber security, network and security, CCNA, etc.
- Teacher Training: Online course creation, presentation skills, instructional design, etc.
- Office Productivity: Google, Apple, Microsoft, SAP, etc.
- Personal Development: Career development, personal finance, study skills, productivity, leadership, and more.
- Design: UI design, web design, graphic design, drawing, design tools like Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, etc.
- Lifestyle: Arts & crafts, training, gaming, travel, etc.
- Marketing: Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), mobile marketing, product marketing, social media marketing, content marketing, marketing fundamentals, etc.
- Languages: English, Chinese, Portuguese, Spanish, etc.
- Photography: Digital photography, commercial photography, photography tools, video design, etc.
- Health & Fitness: Yoga, meditation, self-defense, nutrition, etc.
- Music: Music techniques, instruments like piano, guitar, music software, music fundamentals, and more.
Here are the examples of Udacity courses:
- Intro to Point & Click App Development
- Swift for Beginners
- Creating an Analytical Dataset
- Android Basics: Multiscreen Apps
- Educational Technology
- Linux Command Line Basics
- SQL for Data Analysis
- Self-Driving Fundamentals: Featuring Apollo
- Some Udemy courses are taken by experts.
- There is lots of variation in course quality.
- You may also need research in order to ensure that you are signing for the reportable course.
- If you have to create Udemy course, you simply need to create an account and watch orientation videos on basic course guidelines.
- In Udacity, you can become a mentor by building subject matter expertise and exploring the knowledge.
- In the case of Udacity, you need to learn how to motivate others and provide guidance to learners.
- You should have valuable leadership experience.
- Ability to create a meaningful relationship with people.
Udemy offers completion certificates for the course you have finished. These certificates are not accredited like an educational institution or university.
Courses on Udemy are designed for self-learning new skills. You can use them in your business as an entrepreneur. Udacity is not an accredited university. Therefore, it does not offer any traditional degrees.
Udemy courses fall in the 3 to 5-hour range, and some courses are of 20 or 30 hours. There are no Udemy courses which could take you week or months to finish.
Udacity provides courses with a larger time commitment. You can complete some of their courses in one month or less. Most of its courses take 3 to 4 months in order to complete.
Following are some good alternatives of Udacity and Udemy:
Codecademy is an online platform that provides free coding classes in different programming languages like Java, Python, Ruby, SQL, etc. This website makes code learning and designing web applications simple and easy.
edX is an online learning website that enables you to learn software, technology, business, and creative skills. Every course available in this website is broken down into chapters and videos. Once you subscribe to courses, you will easily get their access.
Udacity is a place where you can learn cutting edge skills. You can use it to create HD instructor video content. This platform enables you to customize the learning path according to your organization’s needs.
Coursera website offers MOOCs courses from well-known universities. All Coursera courses contain pre-recorded video lectures that you can watch when it is convenient for you. The full form of MOOCs is Massive Open Online Courses.
Udemy courses are taught by experts, whereas Udacity courses can be taught by any person. If you would like to choose short time courses, then Udemy can be a good choice.
Udemy enables you to choose from a wide range of courses. Udacity has a limited number of courses. Both learning platforms are easy to use. If you go for Udemy, you may find a better course description.
In general, Udemy is a good choice if you want to level up fast while Udacity can be chosen for in-depth degrees.