A Data Warehouse is a collection of software tools that help analyze large volumes of disparate data from varied sources to provide meaningful business insights. A Data warehouse is typically used to collect and analyze business data from heterogeneous sources.
List Of Top Data Warehouse Tools
There are many Data Warehousing tools available in the market. It becomes difficult to select top Data Warehouse tool for your project. Following is a curated list of most popular open-source and commercial Data Warehouse tools with key features and download links.
- CData Sync - An universal Cloud/SaaS data pipeline
- BiG EVAL -Data Quality Measuring and Assisted Problem Solving.
- QuerySurge - Smart data testing solution
- Xplenty - Advanced data pipeline platform
- Oracle - Data warehouse software
- Amazon Redshift - Cloud data warehousing service
- Panoply - A smart cloud data management solution
- Domo - Cloud-based business intelligence tool
- Teradata - A complete range of product focuses on data warehousing
- SAP - An integrated data management platform
- SAS - A leading data warehousing tool
Easily replicate all of your Cloud/SaaS data to any database or data warehouse in minutes. CData Sync is an easy-to-use data pipeline that helps you consolidate data from any application or data source into your Database or Data Warehouse of choice. Connect the data that powers your business with BI, Analytics, and Machine Learning.
- From: More than 100+ enterprise data sources including popular CRM, ERP, Marketing Automation, Accounting, Collaboration, and more.
- To: Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, SQL Server, MySQL, etc.
- Automated intelligent incremental data replication
- Fully customizable ETL/ELT data transformation
- Runs anywhere – On-premise or in the Cloud
BiG EVAL is a comprehensive suite of software tools aimed for leveraging the value of enterprise data by continuously validating and monitoring its quality. It automates testing tasks during development and provides quality metrics in production.
- Data Quality Measuring and Assisted Problem Solving.
- Autopilot testing for agile development, driven by meta data from your data base or meta data repository.
- High performance in-memory scripting, validation and rules engine.
- Abstraction for any kind of data (RDBMS, APIs, Flatfiles, Business applications cloud and on-premises).
- Clear dashboards and alerting processes.
- Embeddable into DevOps CI/CD flows, ticket systems and more.
QuerySurge is ETL testing solution developed by RTTS. It is built specifically to automate the testing of Data Warehouses & Big Data. It ensures that the data extracted from data sources remains intact in the target systems as well.
- Improve data quality & data governance
- Accelerate your data delivery cycles
- Helps to automate manual testing effort
- Provide testing across the different platform like Oracle, Teradata, IBM, Amazon, Cloudera, etc.
- It speeds up testing process up to 1,000 x and also providing up to 100% data coverage
- It integrates an out-of-the-box DevOps solution for most Build, ETL & QA management software
- Deliver shareable, automated email reports and data health dashboards
Xplenty is a cloud-based ETL solution providing simple visualized data pipelines for automated data flows across a wide range of sources and destinations. The company's powerful on-platform transformation tools allow its customers to clean, normalize and transform their data while also adhering to compliance best practices.
- Centralize and prepare data for BI
- Transfer and transform data between internal databases or data warehouses
- Send additional third-party data to Heroku Postgres (and then to Salesforce via Heroku Connect) or directly to Salesforce.
- Rest API connector to pull in data from any Rest API.
Oracle data warehouse software is a collection of data which is treated as a unit. The purpose of this database is to store and retrieve related information. It helps the server to reliably manage huge amounts of data so that multiple users can access the same data.
- Distributes data in the same way across disks to offer uniform performance
- Works for single-instance and real application clusters
- Offers real application testing
- Common architecture between any Private Cloud and Oracle's public cloud
- Hi-Speed Connection to move large data
- Works seamlessly with UNIX/Linux and Windows platforms
- It provides support for virtualization
- Allows connecting to the remote database, table, or view
Download Link: https://www.oracle.com/downloads/index.html
6) Amazon RedShift:
Amazon Redshift is an easy to manage, simple, and cost-effective data warehouse tool. It can analyze almost every type of data using standard SQL.
- No Up-Front Costs for its installation
- It allows automating most of the common administrative tasks to monitor, manage, and scale your data warehouse
- Possible to change the number or type of nodes
- Helps to enhance the reliability of the data warehouse cluster
- Every data center is fully equipped with climate control
- Continuously monitors the health of the cluster. It automatically re-replicates data from failed drives and replaces nodes when needed
Download Link: https://aws.amazon.com/redshift/
Panoply is the easiest way to sync, store, and access all your business data. Panoply combines a secure data warehouse and built-in ETL for over 60 data sources so you can spin up storage and start syncing your data in minutes.
- Works with popular analytics and business intelligence tools
- Keeps data stack maintenance to a minimum by handling chores like vacuuming and API updates
- Table-level data governance ensures you have all the control you need
- Industry-leading support ranging from robust documentation to expert data architects
Domo is a cloud-based Data warehouse management tool that easily integrates various types of data sources, including spreadsheets, databases, social media and almost all cloud-based or on-premise Data warehouse solutions.
- Help you to build your dream dashboard
- Stay connected anywhere you go
- Integrates all existing business data
- Helps you to get true insights into your business data
- Connects all of your existing business data
- Easy Communication & messaging platform
- It provides support for ad-hoc queries using SQL
- It can handle most concurrent users for running complex and multiple queries
Download Link: https://www.domo.com/product
9) Teradata Corporation:
The Teradata Database is the only commercially available shared-nothing or Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) data warehousing tool. It is one of the best data warehousing tools for viewing and managing large amounts of data.
- Simple and Cost Effective solutions
- The tool is best suitable option for organization of any size
- Quick and most insightful analytics
- Get the same Database on multiple deployment options
- It allows multiple concurrent users to ask complex questions related to data
- It is entirely built on a parallel architecture
- Offers High performance, diverse queries, and sophisticated workload management
Download Link: https://downloads.teradata.com/
SAP is an integrated data management platform, to maps all business processes of an organization. It is an enterprise level application suite for open client/server systems. It is one of the best data warehouse tools that has set new standards for providing the best business information management solutions.
- It provides highly flexible and most transparent business solutions
- The application developed using SAP can integrate with any system
- It follows modular concept for the easy setup and space utilization
- You can create a Database system that combines analytics and transactions. These next next-generation databases can be deployed on any device
- Provide support for On-premise or cloud deployment
- Simplified data warehouse architecture
- Integration with SAP and non-SAP applications
Download Link: https://support.sap.com/en/my-support/software-downloads.html
SAS is a leading Datawarehousing tool that allows accessing data across multiple sources. It can perform sophisticated analyses and deliver information across the organization.
- Activities managed from central locations. Hence, user can access applications remotely via the Internet
- Application delivery typically closer to a one-to-many model instead of one-to-one model
- Centralized feature updating, allows the users to download patches and upgrades.
- Allows viewing raw data files in external databases
- Manage data using tools for data entry, formatting, and conversion
- Display data using reports and statistical graphics
Download Link: https://www.sas.com/en_in/home.html
12) IBM – DataStage:
IBM data Stage is a business intelligence tool for integrating trusted data across various enterprise systems. It leverages a high-performance parallel framework either in the cloud or on-premise. This data warehousing tool supports extended metadata management and universal business connectivity.
- Support for Big Data and Hadoop
- Additional storage or services can be accessed without need to install new software and hardware
- Real time data integration
- Provide trusted ETL products data anytime, anywhere
- Solve complex big data challenges
- Optimize hardware utilization and prioritize mission-critical tasks
- Deploy on-premises or in the cloud
Download Link: https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/580275
Informatica PowerCenter is Data Integration tool developed by Informatica Corporation. The tool offers the capability to connect & fetch data from different sources.
- It has a centralized error logging system which facilitates logging errors and rejecting data into relational tables
- Build in Intelligence to improve performance
- Limit the Session Log
- Ability to Scale up Data Integration
- Foundation for Data Architecture Modernization
- Better designs with enforced best practices on code development
- Code integration with external Software Configuration tools
- Synchronization amongst geographically distributed team members
Download link: https://informatica.com/
SQL Server Integration Services is a Data warehousing tool that used to perform ETL operations; i.e. extract, transform and load data. SQL Server Integration also includes a rich set of built-in tasks.
- Tightly integrated with Microsoft Visual Studio and SQL Server
- Easier to maintain and package configuration
- Allows removing network as a bottleneck for insertion of data
- Data can be loaded in parallel and various locations
- It can handle data from different data sources in the same package
- SSIS consumes data which are difficult like FTP, HTTP, MSMQ, and Analysis services, etc.
- Data can be loaded in parallel to many varied destinations
15) Talend Open Studio:
Open Studio is an open source free data warehousing tool developed by Talend. It is designed to convert, combine and update data in various locations. This tool provides an intuitive set of tools which make dealing with data lot easier. It also allows big data integration, data quality, and master data management.
- It supports extensive data integration transformations and complex process workflows
- This open source data warehouse tool offers seamless connectivity for more than 900 different databases, files, and applications
- It can manage the design, creation, testing, deployment, etc of integration processes
- Synchronize metadata across database platforms
- Managing and monitoring tools to deploy and supervise the jobs
Download Link: https://www.talend.com/download/
16) The Ab Initio software:
The Ab Initio is a data analysis, batch processing, and GUI based parallel processing data warehousing tool. It is commonly used to extract, transform and load data.
- Meta data management
- Business and Process Metadata management
- Ability to run, debug Ab Initio jobs and trace execution logs
- Manage and run graphs and control the ETL processes
- Components can execute simultaneously on various branches of a graph
Download Link: https://www.abinitio.com/en/
Dundas is an enterprise-ready Business Intelligence platform. It is used for building and viewing interactive dashboards, reports, scorecards and more. It is possible to deploy Dundas BI as the central data portal for the organization or integrate it into an existing website as a custom BI solution.
- Data warehousing tool for Business Users and IT Professionals
- Easy access through web browser
- Allows to use sample or Excel data
- Server application with full product functionality
- Integrate and access all kind of data sources
- Ad hoc reporting tools
- Customizable data visualizations
- Smart drag and drop tools
- Visualize data through maps
- Predictive and advanced data analytics
Download link: http://www.dundas.com/support/dundas-bi-free-trial
Sisense is a business intelligence tool which analyses and visualizes both big and disparate datasets, in real-time. It is an ideal tool for preparing complex data for creating dashboards with a wide variety of visualizations.
- Unify unrelated data into one centralized place
- Create a single version of truth with seamless data
- Allows to build interactive dashboards with no tech skills
- Query big data at very high speed
- Possible to access dashboards even in the mobile device
- Drag-and-drop user interface
- Eye-grabbing visualization
- Enables to deliver interactive terabyte-scale analytics
- Exports data to Excel, CSV, PDF Images and other formats
- Ad-hoc analysis of high-volume data
- Handles data at scale on a single commodity server
- Identifies critical metrics using filtering and calculations
Download Link: https://www.sisense.com/get/watch-demo-oem/
Tableau Server is an online Data warehousing with 3 versions Desktop, Server, and Online. It is secure, shareable and mobile friendly ETL data warehouse technology solution.
- Connect to any data source securely on-premise or in the cloud
- Ideal tool for flexible deployment
- Big data, live or in-memory
- Designed for mobile-first approach
- Securely Sharing and collaborating Data
- Centrally manage metadata and security rules
- Powerful management and monitoring
- Connect to any data anywhere
- Get maximum value from your data with this business analytics platform
- Share and collaborate in the cloud
- Tableau seamlessly integrates with existing security protocols
Download Link: https://public.tableau.com/en-us/s/download
MicroStrategy is an enterprise business intelligence application software. This platform supports interactive dashboards, scorecards, highly formatted reports, ad hoc query and automated report distribution.
- Unmatched speed, performance, and scalability
- Maximize the value of investment made by enterprises
- Eliminating the need to rely on multiple tools
- Support for advanced analytics and big data
- Get insight into complex business processes for strengthening organizational security
- Powerful security and administration feature
Download link: https://www.microstrategy.com/en/try-now
Pentaho is a Data Warehousing and Business Analytics Platform. The tool has a simplified and interactive approach which empowers business users to access, discover and merge all types and sizes of data.
- Enterprise platform to accelerate the data pipeline
- Community Dashboard Editor allows the fast and efficient development and deployment
- Big data integration without a need for coding
- Simplified embedded analytics
- Visualize data with custom dashboards
- Ease of use with the power to integrate all data
- Operational reporting for mongo dB
- Platform to accelerate the data pipeline
Download now: https://www.hitachivantara.com/en-us/products/data-management-analytics/pentaho/download-pentaho.html
Google's BigQuery is an enterprise-level data warehousing tool. It reduces the time for storing and querying massive datasets by enabling super-fast SQL queries. It also controls access to both the project and also offering the feature of view or query the data.
- Offers flexible Data Ingestion
- Read and write data in via Cloud Dataflow, Hadoop, and Spark.
- Automatic Data Transfer Service
- Full control over access to the data stored
- Easy to read and write data in BigQuery via Cloud Dataflow, Spark, and Hadoop
- BigQuery provides cost control mechanisms
Download now: https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/
Numetric is the fast and easy BI tool. It offers business intelligence solutions from data centralization and cleaning, analyzing and publishing. It is powerful enough for anyone to use. This data warehousing tool helps to measure and improve productivity.
- Data benchmarking
- Budgeting & forecasting
- Data chart visualizations
- Data analysis
- Data mapping & dictionary
- Key performance indicators
Download Link: https://www.numetric.com/
24) Solver BI360 Suite:
Solver BI360 is a most comprehensive business intelligence tool. It gives 360º insights into any data, using reporting, data warehousing, and interactive dashboards. BI360 drives effective, data-based productivity.
- Excel-based reporting with predefined templates
- Currency conversion and inter-company transactions elimination can be automated
- User-friendly budgeting and forecasting feature
- It reduces the amount of time spent for the preparation of reports and planning
- Easy configuration with User-friendly interface
- Automated data loading
- Combine Financial and Operational Data
- Allows to view data in Data Explorer
- Easily add modules and dimensions
- Unlimited Trees on any dimension
- Support for Microsoft SQL Server/SQL Azure
Download link: https://www.solverglobal.com/products/
MarkLogic is a data warehousing solution that makes data integration easier and faster using an array of enterprise features. This tool helps to perform very complex search operations. It can query data including documents, relationships, and metadata.
- The Optic API can perform joins and aggregates over documents, triples, and rows.
- It allows specifying more complex security rules for all the elements within documents
- Writing, reading, patching, and deleting documents in JSON, XML, text, or binary formats
- Database Replication for Disaster Recovery
- Specify Output Options on the App Server Configuration
- Importing and Exporting Configuration Information
Download Link: https://www.marklogic.com/product/getting-started/
❓ What is a Data Warehouse?
A Data Warehouse is a central repository of the data integrated from various sources. Data Warehouse is considered as a core component for business intelligence, which stores current and historical data into one place for creating analytical reports. The goal is to derive profitable insights from collected data.
⚡ What is Data Warehousing Tools?
Data Warehousing Tools are the software components used to perform various operations on a large volume of data. Data warehousing tools are used to collect, read, write, and migrate large data from different sources. Data warehouse tools also perform various operations on databases, data stores, and data warehouses like sorting, filtering, merging, aggregation, etc.
✅ Which factors should you consider while selecting a Data Warehouse Software?
We should consider the following factors while selecting a Data Warehouse Software:
- Functionalities offered
- Performance and Speed
- Scalability and Usability features
- Security and Reliability
- Integration options
- Data Types supported
- Backup and Recovery support for data
- Whether the software is Cloud-based or On-premise