JIRA is a Project and Defect tracking tool. It is used for Agile project management. Using JIRA for personal use is good and it is one of the finest tools, but it does have a few drawbacks. Here is a list of Top altenatives to JIRA available from the competition. The list contains both open source(free) and commercial(paid) software
Here are Top Jira Alternatives & Competitors:
Backlog is an all-in-one project management tool built for developers. It's a popular alternative to Jira, with a much simpler and intuitive interface. Development teams use Backlog to work with other teams for enhanced team collaboration and high-quality project delivery.
- Easy bug tracking tool
- Project and issues with subtasks
- Git and SVN built-in
- Gantt Charts and Burndown charts
- Native mobile apps
- Available both in cloud and on-premise
- Kanban-style boards for visual workflow
Kanbanize is a professional project management software comprised of features for scaling Kanban beyond the team level.
- Flexible Kanban boards that allow you to fit in multiple completely different workflows at a single place
- Agile timelines for flexible project planning
- Kanban card links and hierarchy to manage your process across different boards and organizational levels
- Business Rules (If-This-Then-That Runtime Policies) to automate your process
- Email integration that allows you to send and receive messages directly in Kanbanize
- Time tracking that allows you to visualize hours spent on tasks or entire projects
- Analytics for monitoring process performance and identifying room for improvement
Nifty is a collaboration hub that offers visual project management so teams have a clear overview of their workflows.
Nifty is robust enough to manage development sprints while approachable and flexible to cater to a multitude of product workflows. A cross-organizational Project Overview tab gives leadership insights into high level sprint timelines which can turn into a task-level deep dive analysis of any project in just one click.
- Define goal-oriented sprints as milestones.
- Project Milestones update based on key task completion to reflect the progress of an initiative.
- Cross-portfolio reporting to ingest all roadmaps at large.
- Task Tags and Custom Fields standardize information across the account for meaningful scalability.
- Milestone and Task reports downloadable as .CSV or .PDF.
- Project document creation and file storage to keep contracts, scopes, and information filed in relevant places
Airtable is a project management solution which is suitable for organizations, and businesses of all sizes. It offers organization and collaboration functionalities in an effective and mobile-friendly Table solutions.
- Allows users to organize their projects, content, ideas, and ideas into a centralized system.
- You need not be a coder to develop your own process logic
- Helps you to filter, sort, and rearrange records
- Customized Views and Fields
- Easy Email, Application, and Social media integration
- Offers support for Forms Management
Hive is a productivity platform that enables you to manage your project without any hassle. This application allows you to utilize more than 1000 integrations, including Gmail, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
- You can monitor and report your projects in real-time.
- Plan or schedule your team’s time for upcoming and current projects.
- You can easily collaborate with others.
- Organize your project in the table, calendar, or Gantt chart.
- It provides a summary of the project.
- The app offers numerous easy to use templates.
TargetProcess is a popular commercial agile project management tool in market. It is an ideal alternative to JIRA. it allows following a Scrum, Kanban or customized Agile approach. It provides an intuitive interface to manage software development collaboratively.
- Backlog story map view
- It offers custom views, cards, reports, and dashboards
- High-level planning and tracking across the entire portfolio
- It is Ideal tool for Agile testing and quality centered teams
- QA, bug tracking, test case management
- Release planning and Sprint planning
- Helps to evaluate progress of multiple projects and teams
- Visualization of project data
Download link: https://www.targetprocess.com
Blossom is a strong replacement for JIRA. It helps teams to visualize processes. It is based on the principles of Kanban, with the goal of continuously improving their workflows. Its offer analytics capabilities with an emphasis on cycle time and resource optimization.
- Support for Kanban Cards
- Performance analytics
- Easy Code Integration
- Fast performance Analytics & Insights
- It also offers seamless Chat Integration
- Beautiful Project Screen Grabs
Download link: https://www.blossom.co/
Pivotal Tracker is agile project management tool. This tool fosters collaboration in software development teams. It provides a shared view of team priorities to analyze progress.
- One View of entire Project
- Powerful search syntax supports nested Boolean expressions.
- Real Time, Focused Collaboration, Release Management
- Agile, Iterative Management Workflow
- Express relationships between stories with embedded smart links Third Party Tools & Built-in Integrations
- Increase Project Collaboration & Visibility
- Create Plans Based on Realistic Estimates
Download link: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/
VersionOne simplifies product planning with easy backlog management. This tool provides stakeholders with a centralized view of the backlog. It has a drag-and-drop interface.
- Ease backlog management with an online, centralized repository
- It allows users to prioritize stories & defects using the drag-and-drop function.
- Manage Business Initiatives with Portfolio Items
- Allows to group Items by theme
- It provides result according to Business Goal
- Capturing all Feature Requests in One Place
- Helps users to ensure alignment between corporate and product deliverables
- It allows forum for engaging with more customers to know their needs and priorities
Download link: http://info.versionone.com/v1-trial-free.html
Assembla is a younger platform than JIRA but offers a broader range of functionality in its core product like git hosting, code deployment, agile tools, time tracking.
- Easy Bug tracking tool
- Subversion, Git & Perforce Hosting
- It can keep up with shifts in requirements or priorities with user stories and card view features
- Social Collaboration: Assembla offers numerous collaboration features to keep information flowing within teams
- It allows users to resolve issues through multiple workflows
- Project Portfolio Management
- Allows to create personal filter
- It offers hourly backups
Download link: https://www.assembla.com
Axosoft is a proprietary project management tool. It is a highly popular and widely used agile project management platform. It comes with rich set of tools for developers need to ensure that they create and deliver fully functional, bug-free software on schedule.
- Plan Sprints and Releases Accurately
- Requirements management
- Monitor Progress and Release on Time
- Visualize and Communicate Progress
- Easy workflow automation
- Data visualization
- SCM integration
- Help desk/incident tracking
- Workflow automation
Download link: https://www.axosoft.com/try
CA Agile Central is a JIRA alternative. It is an enterprise-class platform built for scaling agile development practices. It allows checking productivity, predictability, and responsiveness using the real-time performance metrics.
- Highly collaborative SaaS platform for agile software development
- Real-time status tracking and customizable dashboards
- It allows business owners to achieve their business goals
- Easily access the right level and complexity of the task
- Edit while staying in context on the current page
- Coordinate agile development work across multiple teams
- Use real-time reporting, without any add-on tools
Download link: https://www.ca.com/us/trials/ca-agile-central-trial-editions.html
Redmine is another important JIRA open source alternative tool. The basic version of this tool is open-source, and it can work on any machine. It supports Ruby, and could take more time for installation, but once installed it runs smoothly.
- Offers support for multiple databases
- Efficient issue tracking system
- Flexible role based access control
- Allows tracking of multiple projects
- Supports flexible role-based access control
- Features such as Gantt chart and calendar
- Integrates News, documents and files management
- Allows Web feeds and e-mail notifications
- Supports a per-project wiki and per-project forums
- Includes customize fields for issues, time-entries, projects, and users
- Supports multiple LDAP authentications
- Allows multiple databases
Download Link: http://www.redmine.org/
QuickBase is a friendly and highly useful JIRA alternative tool which can be used instead of JIRA. The platform is highly flexible, and it can adapt to any work environment. It can be a good comparison as JIRA vs QuickBase.
- Team Collaboration & Management
- Process & Workflow Automation
- Dashboards & Reporting Tools
- Get more things done with team collaboration in the cloud
- It allows to tweak and modify more than 700 business apps without breaking a sweat
- Speed up the work processes by automating vital operations
- Create reports and share them quickly
Download link: http://www.quickbase.com/
Mavenlink is an online project management system. This JIRA alternative tool combines advanced project management, resource planning, and collaboration.
- Helps to plan projects in task lists and Gantt charts
- Drag-and-drop tasks to order an outline hierarchy
- Create templates for standard projects to reuse easily
- See project status based on given time and finance budgets
- Schedule every project with a continuous timeline
- Custom pricing for Premier and Enterprise plans
- Time and expense tracking with invoicing
Download link: https://www.mavenlink.com/
Asana is a reliable & free alternative to JIRA. It is mostly known for its innovative approach. It also eliminates the need for email and third-party apps for corporate communication.
- Displays updates on a Live Activity Feed
- Performs project and task management
- It allows project view permissions for external parties
- Offers a dedicated and automatically updated inbox
- Handles multiple workspaces
- Stores conversations on Team Pages
- Add assignees, attachments, and hearts to tasks
- Automatic updates to email/inbox
- Helps to track tasks and add followers
- Project Sections and Search View
- Set goals, priorities, and due dates
- Easy option Project and task creation
Download link: https://asana.com