JIRA is a Project and Defect management tracking tool. It is used for Agile project management. Using JIRA for personal use is good and it is one of the finest tools, but it does have a few drawbacks.
Here is a list of Top alternatives to JIRA available from the competition. The list contains both open source(free) and commercial(paid) software
Best JIRA Alternatives
|Features||✔️ Easy bug tracking tool
✔️ Project and issues with subtasks
|✔️ SpiraPlan’s program management
✔️ SpiraPlan’s Agile and DevOps
|✔️ Manage everything in one workspace
✔️ Set up in minutes
|✔️ One app to replace them all.
✔️ All your work in one place: Tasks, docs, chat, goals, & more.
|Price||Starting from $35/mo.||Starting from $42/mo.||Starting from $10/mo.||Starting from $9/mo.|
|Link||Learn More||Learn More||Learn More||Learn More|
Backlog is an all-in-one project management tool built for developers. It’s a popular alternative to Jira, with a much simpler and intuitive interface. Development teams use Backlog to work with other teams for enhanced team collaboration and high-quality project delivery.
- Easy bug tracking tool
- Project and issues with subtasks
- Git and SVN built-in
- Gantt Charts and Burndown charts
- Native mobile apps
- Available both in cloud and on-premise
- Kanban-style boards for visual workflow
SpiraPlan is Inflectra’s Program Portfolio Management system with baked-in modules for QA, project management, and DevOps for teams of all sizes. Available both on-premise and in the cloud (AWS or private) the platform is the most feature-complete alternative to Atlassian’s Jira+plugins.
- SpiraPlan’s program management functionality includes the product, program, and portfolio management, complete requirements traceability, resource-, risk- and task management, release planning, issue, and time tracking, and project baselining
- SpiraPlan’s Agile and DevOps functionality includes requirements management (with complete requirements traceability), test management, automated testing, scrum & kanban planning boards, Source Code (Git) Integration, build management
- SpiraPlan’s team collaboration functionality includes powerful document collaboration and content management, workflow management, email notifications, instant messenger
Monday.com is one of the best alternatives to JIRA. It offers a clean interface with color-coded features. This easy-to-use software is suitable for big or small teams. It also offers a user-friendly mobile app and highly customizable workflows.
- You can integrate it with your existing tools and get more things done in less time.
- It allows you to collaborate with your team in one shared workspace.
- Provides colored timelines and options to sync timelines with the calendar.
- It offers highly customizable workflows.
- Helps you to bring your team together, anywhere, and anytime.
- It provides a map view for location-based projects.
- It offers unlimited users and boards.
- Provides specific plans for businesses based on the number of users.
- Offers a Kanban-style visual layout.
- Allows you to handle complex projects.
- Provides services in multiple languages (English, Dutch, French, etc.)
- Adding the number of users costs you extra money.
- The subtask addition process can be difficult.
Pricing: Four Pricing plans: 1) Individual – $0 per month, 2) Standard – $10 per month, 3) Pro – $16 per month, 4) Enterprise/quote-based.
ClickUp is software that enables you to manage your task, docs, chat, goal, and more with ease. This application allows you to assign and resolve comments to tasks. It helps you to set priorities of the work with no hassle.
- It allows you to filter and search for the desired task with ease.
- Enables you to assign multiple tasks with just one mouse click.
- You can sync with Google Calendar.
- Helps you to collaborate with other people.
- ClickUp enables you to sort tasks by project.
Asana is a reliable & free alternative to JIRA. It is mostly known for its innovative approach. It also eliminates the need for email and third-party apps for corporate communication.
- Displays updates on a Live Activity Feed
- Performs project and task management
- It allows project view permissions for external parties
- Offers a dedicated and automatically updated inbox
- Handles multiple workspaces
- Stores conversations on Team Pages
- Add assignees, attachments, and hearts to tasks
- Automatic updates to email/inbox
- Helps to track tasks and add followers
- Project Sections and Search View
- Set goals, priorities, and due dates
- Easy option Project and task creation
Hive is a productivity platform that enables you to manage your project without any hassle. This application allows you to utilize more than 1000 integrations, including Gmail, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
- You can monitor and report your projects in real-time.
- Plan or schedule your team’s time for upcoming and current projects.
- You can easily collaborate with others.
- Organize your project in the table, calendar, or Gantt chart.
- It provides a summary of the project.
- The app offers numerous easy to use templates.
TargetProcess is a popular commercial agile project management tool in market. It is an ideal alternative to JIRA. It is one of the free Jira Alternatives that allows following a Scrum, Kanban or customized Agile approach. It provides an intuitive interface to manage software development collaboratively.
- Backlog story map view
- This open source jira alternative offers custom views, cards, reports, and dashboards
- High-level planning and tracking across the entire portfolio
- It is Ideal tool for Agile testing and quality centered teams
- QA, bug tracking, test case management
- Release planning and Sprint planning
- Helps to evaluate progress of multiple projects and teams
- Visualization of project data
Download link: https://www.targetprocess.com
Blossom is a strong replacement for JIRA. It helps teams to visualize processes. It is based on the principles of Kanban, with the goal of continuously improving their workflows. It is one of the free Jira Alternatives that offer analytics capabilities with an emphasis on cycle time and resource optimization.
- Support for Kanban Cards
- Performance analytics
- Easy Code Integration
- Fast performance Analytics & Insights
- This jira free alternative tool offers seamless Chat Integration
- Beautiful Project Screen Grabs
Download link: https://blossom.co/
Pivotal Tracker is agile project management tool. This tool fosters collaboration in software development teams. It is one of the best Jira Alternatives which provides a shared view of team priorities to analyze progress.
- One View of entire Project
- Powerful search syntax supports nested Boolean expressions.
- Real Time, Focused Collaboration, Release Management
- Agile, Iterative Management Workflow
- Express relationships between stories with embedded smart links Third Party Tools & Built-in Integrations
- This jira free alternative tool increases Project Collaboration & Visibility
- Create Plans Based on Realistic Estimates
Download link: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/
VersionOne simplifies product planning with easy backlog management. This tool provides stakeholders with a centralized view of the backlog. It is one of the free Jira Alternatives which has a drag-and-drop interface.
- Ease backlog management with an online, centralized repository
- It allows users to prioritize stories & defects using the drag-and-drop function.
- Manage Business Initiatives with Portfolio Items
- Allows to group Items by theme
- This open source jira alternative provides result according to Business Goal
- Capturing all Feature Requests in One Place
- Helps users to ensure alignment between corporate and product deliverables
- It allows forum for engaging with more customers to know their needs and priorities
Download link: https://www.collab.net/products/versionone
Assembla is a younger platform than JIRA but offers a broader range of functionality in its core product like git hosting, code deployment, agile tools, time tracking.
- Easy Bug tracking tool
- Subversion, Git & Perforce Hosting
- It can keep up with shifts in requirements or priorities with user stories and card view features
- Social Collaboration: Assembla offers numerous collaboration features to keep information flowing within teams
- It allows users to resolve issues through multiple workflows
- Project Portfolio Management
- Allows to create personal filter
- It offers hourly backups
Download link: https://www.assembla.com/home
Axosoft is a proprietary project management tool. It is a highly popular and widely used agile project management platform. It comes with rich set of tools for developers need to ensure that they create and deliver fully functional, bug-free software on schedule.
- Plan Sprints and Releases Accurately
- Requirements management
- Monitor Progress and Release on Time
- Visualize and Communicate Progress
- Easy workflow automation
- Data visualization
- SCM integration
- Help desk/incident tracking
- Workflow automation
Download link: https://www.axosoft.com/try
13) CA Agile Central
CA Agile Central is a JIRA alternative. It is an enterprise-class platform built for scaling agile development practices. It is one of the best jira competitors that allows checking productivity, predictability, and responsiveness using the real-time performance metrics.
- Highly collaborative SaaS platform for agile software development
- Real-time status tracking and customizable dashboards
- It allows business owners to achieve their business goals
- Easily access the right level and complexity of the task
- Edit while staying in context on the current page
- Coordinate agile development work across multiple teams
- Use real-time reporting, without any add-on tools
Redmine is another important JIRA open source alternative tool. The basic version of this tool is open-source, and it can work on any machine. It is one of the best jira competitors that supports Ruby, and could take more time for installation, but once installed it runs smoothly.
- Offers support for multiple databases
- Efficient issue tracking system
- Flexible role based access control
- Allows tracking of multiple projects
- Supports flexible role-based access control
- Features such as Gantt chart and calendar
- Integrates News, documents and files management
- Allows Web feeds and e-mail notifications
- Supports a per-project wiki and per-project forums
- Includes customize fields for issues, time-entries, projects, and users
- Supports multiple LDAP authentications
- Allows multiple databases
Download Link: http://www.redmine.org/
QuickBase is one of the friendly and highly useful JIRA alternatives which can be used instead of JIRA. The platform is highly flexible, and it can adapt to any work environment. This tool can be a good comparison as JIRA vs QuickBase.
- Team Collaboration & Management
- Process & Workflow Automation
- Dashboards & Reporting Tools
- Get more things done with team collaboration in the cloud
- It allows to tweak and modify more than 700 business apps without breaking a sweat
- Speed up the work processes by automating vital operations
- Create reports and share them quickly
Download link: http://www.quickbase.com/
Mavenlink is an online project management system. This JIRA alternative tool combines advanced project management, resource planning, and collaboration.
- Helps to plan projects in task lists and Gantt charts
- Drag-and-drop tasks to order an outline hierarchy
- Create templates for standard projects to reuse easily
- See project status based on given time and finance budgets
- Schedule every project with a continuous timeline
- Custom pricing for Premier and Enterprise plans
- Time and expense tracking with invoicing
Download link: https://www.mavenlink.com/
❓ What is Jira?
JIRA is an issue tracking product or a software tool developed by Australian Company Atlassian, commonly used for bug tracking, project management, and issue tracking; it is entirely based on these three aspects. It is widely used in software development and software testing. Learn basics to advanced techniques with this JIRA Tutorial for Beginners.
✅ Which are the Best JIRA Alternatives?
Here are some of the Best JIRA Alternatives:
- SpiraPlan by Inflectra
⚡ Why look for a JIRA alternative?
JIRA for personal use is good, and it is one of the finest tools, but it does have a few drawbacks. Jira comes with a very expensive price tag, complicated interface, and doesn’t support multiple assignees. Alternatives to JIRA provide innumerable benefits ranging from a lower comparable cost.