Key Difference between Grammarly and Ginger
The main differences between Grammarly and Ginger are:
- Grammarly offers a Mac desktop app, whereas Ginger does not offer a Mac desktop app..
- Grammarly display accuracy score, while Ginger not offers features of accuracy score..
- Grammarly offers a plagiarism checker, whereas Ginger does not offer a plagiarism checker.
- Grammarly offers extensions for all major browsers, while Ginger only has browser extensions for Chrome and Safari.
- Grammarly only supports the English language, whereas Ginger support for more than 40 languages.
Grammarly is a widely used writing enhancement tool that was founded in 2009 by Alex Shevchenko and Max Lytvyn. It offers numerous writing styles, suggestions for grammar, vocabulary, and syntax.
You can use this tool via the website, as a browser extension, or as an app that you download to your computer. It helps enhance your writing skills by highlighting grammatical mistakes and areas of improvement.
The web tool of Grammarly closely resembles online text editing software like google docs. This helps the user to get a sense of familiarity and makes the transition a lot easier.
Ginger is one of the oldest writing enhancement tool. It will help you correct text as you type, picking up many common grammatical errors like punctuation, sentence structuring, subject-verb agreement, writing style, and wording. Apart from the usual grammar, the checker offers a set of unique little features like a text reader, translator, trainer, etc.
Grammarly and Ginger are two different brands of grammar checker software that help you to become a better writer. But if you’re just like most people, who are not able to decide which software to use, following difference points will help you decide:
|It only supports the English language.||It offers support for more than 40 languages.|
|Offers Wordiness features||Not offers such feature|
|Grammarly offers a Mac desktop app||Ginger does not offer a Mac desktop app.|
|Display accuracy score.||Not offers features of accuracy score.|
|Grammarly offers a plagiarism checker.||Ginger does not offer a plagiarism checker.|
|Grammarly can recognize an incorrect use of numbers.||Ginger can’t recognize an incorrect use of numbers.|
|No mobile app is available.||The mobile app is available with Ginger.|
|Offers monthly, quarterly, and annual plans.||It offers basic and premium plans.|
|It allows you to check uploaded documents.||No upload document feature is available in ginger.|
|Not offer text to speech feature.||Offers text to speech feature.|
Here are the important features of Grammarly:
- Create a Personal Dictionary: Grammarly tool allows you to add words in a personal dictionary so that the same mistake of specific name does not highlight when you run Grammarly again.
- Spelling and Right Pair: This feature helps you to detect spell mistakes and also offers suggestions for using the right pair of words.
- Passive Voice: The program also notifies users about the overuse of passive voice in content.
- Punctuations: This feature highlights all the missing and misplaced punctuations.
- Wordiness: This will check long and hard to read sentences. It also helps users to find out the way to shorten sentences so that you can correct and make your sentences more for a concise explanation.
- Repetition: If a specific word repeats, again and again, the tool provides suggestion to replace it.
- Proposition: Grammarly also points out confused prepositions.
- Plugins: Offers MS-Word, MS Outlook, and Google Chrome plugins.
- Plagiarism: This feature helps you to detect plagiarism by checking your text against over eight billion web pages.
Here are the important features of Ginger:
- Spell Correction: Ginger software is well efficient Grammarly checker tool to detect misspelled words.
- Correct all: This feature helps you to correct all errors at once and also allows you to undo all changes with just one click.
- US/ UK English: The tool also allows you to do the switching between US and UK English languages.
- Punctuations: Ginger punctuation checker helps you to check punctuation mistakes in your content.
- Personal dictionary: You can add your words to the personal dictionary to consider them as errors in the future.
- Synonyms: It also offers synonyms and its definition section.
Also check Grammarly vs. ProWritingAid
Here are the pros/benefits of Grammarly:
- It allows you to correct various types of grammar and spelling mistakes.
- Lots of basic features are available for free.
- Works with every type of website with ease.
- Correct most grammatical, spelling, and punctuation errors.
- Make text corrections across different websites and platforms.
- Grammarly will also suggest you frame sentences in a more appropriate way.
- Helps users to improve their vocabulary
- Detect contextual mistakes
- Helps writer to boost their writing style
- Enhance the readability of your document
- Genre-specific suggestion abilities
- Extensions for all major browsers
- It offers multiple browser extensions by adding which you can fix your regular mistakes while writing blogs, articles, emails, messages, and social media posts, etc.
- Offers useful knowledge base for grammar learning
Here are the pros/benefits of Ginger:
- Personal trainer feature helps users of making the same mistake again.
- Offers extensions for Android, iOS, MS Office, Google Chrome, and Firefox.
- Help you to rephrase the sentences for better wording and clarity
- Fast and effective spelling and grammar check.
- Learning center feature that teaches how to become a better writer and learn from your mistakes.
- Produces a detailed report so that you can track your progress and improvement.
- Help improve users’ English writing skills
- Ginger offers suggestions for how you can rephrase your sentences.
- Includes a translation tool that helps you translates into over 60 different languages.
- Spell check in browser and editor.
- It has a context-specific grammar checking capability
- Identify document errors and correct them
- Rephrase sentences to avoid redundant words
- Help users communicate in over 40 languages
Here are the cons/drawbacks of Grammarly:
- Not all features are available for Mac.
- Not offers any personal directory
- Grammarly doesn’t provide the free trial of the premium version.
- No MS Office add-on for Mac users
- Pricey on monthly billing, so you need to go for the annual subscription
- Sometimes stop working or stop finding errors until you reopen the document in Grammarly editor
Here are the cons/drawbacks of Ginger:
- It requires constant internet connection.
- Not as user-friendly as many other Grammar checker tool.
- It does not offer a plagiarism checker tool.
- It only has browser extensions for Chrome and Safari.
Grammarly is a highly advanced proofreading tool available in the market. The company is constantly improving its performance. Currently, it can detect errors based on more than 400 factors. Moreover, you can use it anywhere, like in MS Office, web browser, or install the desktop app.
On the other hand, Ginger is also good but stuffed with unwanted services like translator and text reader, etc., as the same job can be performed more efficiently with Google translator. Ginger also does not include the feature of a plagiarism checker, which may not prove a handy option for online publishers.
Our winner is Grammarly based on the above given points.