Office 365 is a cloud-based product suite containing Microsoft programs for office use that can be run locally and synchronized to cloud storage. With the help of Office 365, you can work from anywhere and share the work documents with your colleagues worldwide. It helps individuals as well as businesses to easily work on different documents.
Devices supported by Office 365:
- Desktop Computers – installed as Microsoft Office 365
- Web – Office online allows you to create and edit documents using lightweight versions of Office applications.
- Mobile Devices – smartphones and tablets
Excel is also part of the programs that are shipped with Office 365. You can use the powerful features found in desktop versions of Office 365 Excel in the cloud based version too.
- Improved user productivity
- Ability to access documents from multiple devices and locations
- Easily share documents with colleagues
- 1 TB storage with OneDrive
- Easily recover data from the cloud if you lose your computer or it crashes etc.
- Since this is a cloud based service, there is a possibility of outages if something happens with the cloud services for Office 365
- Ease of access from multiple devices/locations may also pose security risks if the users do not follow security best practices
If you would like to try out Office 365 or get more details, you can visit this link. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/business/all-business or https://products.office.com/en-us/try. Since this is a subscription based service, you will be required to pay for it every month. You can try it for free for 30 days.
Devices supported by Office 365?
- Android powered devices
- iOS phones and iOS powered tablets
- Windows powered devices (Smartphones and tablets)
- Windows operating system(s)
- OS X operating system(s)
The computing world is moving more towards cloud and mobile computing. Most users have access to mobile devices i.e. smartphones & tablets, and high speed internet. Most software companies have taken advantage of this powerful cloud and Mobile computing technology to develop mobile apps that enhance users’ productivity.
Office 365 is a powerful cloud based version of Microsoft office that includes cloud based Excel as well. Microsoft 365 cloud gives you the ability to access, create and edit Excel cloud documents from multiple devices and locations. This greatly enhances your productivity as you can work from anywhere in the world.