Tax Software helps companies to prepare profit and loss statement and individuals prepare income file for corporate and individual tax returns. The software takes care of all compliance issues. You can use them for live tax calculation and e-file tax returns in less time. These tools automatically provide notification if the enter information is mismatched.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Income Tax Software in India, with their popular features and website links. This income tax software list contains both open source(free) and commercial(paid) software.
1) Zoho Books
Zoho Books is a tax compliant accounting software that enables you to manage your account payables, receivables. It allows you to collaborate with the company employee.
- It automatically calculates GST and generates the report.
- You can follow up payment using automatic alerts.
- It enables you to integrate with numerous online payments.
- Zoho Books enables you to track expenses and record bills.
- You can choose your price from the list provided by Zoho Books.
- It automatically fetches a bank statement from the bank into your account.
- You can manage more than one project, add tasks, and assign them to employees.
- You can generate invoice customer depend on on-task time or fix cost for any project.
ClearTax is a tool that helps you to manage your tax as well as business compliances. It is one of the best income tax software in India that offers a solution for GST (Goods and Services Tax). The service offered by this software product enables you to save your tax with various investment strategies.
- You can e-file tax returns in just a few minutes.
- This tool adjusts the advance tax paid automatically.
- You can e-file income tax return in less time.
- It allows you to file for three persons from the same account.
- Cleartax automatically selects the relevant ITR form.
3) H&R Block
H&R Block is an income tax efilling service provider. The service is provided by experts who ensure maximum tax saving. You can utilize the facilities of this company to get consultation for the prior year.
- It provides a 128-bit SSL security of your documents.
- H&R block offers a hassle-free way to tackle with tax complexity.
- It allows users to the e-file tax return in less time.
- Users will get post-tax filling support.
- It is one of the best online tax filing India which offers real-time tax calculations.
Eztax is an online tool that provides services to help plan, prepare, and save taxes for businesses and individuals. It makes your income tax form filing easy. This program is available for both Mobile App and Web Browser.
- You can upload a photo of your Form-16.
- It automatically read Form-16 in images or PDF format.
- Eztax optimizes salary, capital gains, property, etc. to save your income tax.
- It offers a comprehensive Salary questionnaire.
- This income tax filing software tool has a secure document manager.
- It has a tax optimizer to boost the potential investment return.
- It helps you to get maximum GST credit.
Taxraahi is a software package that offers complete tax automation and accounting solution for individuals and businesses. It connects GST, ITR, TDS filling system so that you can easily manage from one place. This income tax return software tool helps you to import all your important data from excel to tally.
- It has an inbuilt HSN (Harmonized System of Nomenclature) code finder.
- You can import the previous year’s return using a user-friendly interface.
- It helps you to verify your PAN (Permanent account number) and TAN (Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number).
- This tool can compute TDS (Tax Deducted at Source).
- It automatically provides notification if the information is mismatch.
- Taxraahi can generate and submit FVU (File Validation Utility).
Taxspanner is a portal that offers online preparation and filing of Income Tax Returns (ITR). It provides an easy way to efile your tax. This tax calculation software allows you to upload multiple PDF or scanned paper.
- You can e-file any type of ITR.
- It provides security using 256-bit SSL encryption.
- This website automatically calculates return-filing as per relevant tax rules.
- You will get a complete solution for e-filing of ITR1, ITR2, ITR4, and more.
- Taxspanner helps you to prepare, fill, and assess your income tax.
- It keeps your record secure so that you do not have to maintain a separate tax file.
MyITreturn is an application that makes your ITR filling works quicker and easier compared to other tools. It provides complete updates on income tax information. You can use this tool to calculate tax.
- The latest version of this app provides a robust way for Income tax filling.
- MyITreturn helps you to deal with income tax notice.
- It allows you to check income tax refund year wise.
- This app can also generate form 12BB.
- You can calculate advance tax liability, including HRA (House Rent Allowance).
- It offers multi-language support.
- You can find the EMI amount to be paid for the loans you have taken.
Taxsmile is a web portal that is used to prepare and e-file income tax return online. It helps individuals to file their income tax returns in a convenient and secure way. It helps you to calculate financial parameters that impact taxes.
- You can access it anytime, anywhere.
- Taxsmile provides a hassle-free way to file your return in four easy steps.
- It contains an interactive question-answer wizard.
- This tool keeps your data secure using user id and password.
- You can get support via email.
- It does not have any jargons (specialized language) related to tax.
❓ What is Online Tax Software?
Online Tax Software helps companies to prepare profit and loss statements and helps individuals prepare income files for corporate and individual tax returns. The software takes care of all compliance issues. You can use them for live tax calculation and e-file tax returns in less time. These tools automatically provide notification if the entered information is mismatched.
⚡ Is it safe to use Online Tax Software?
Yes, online tax software is safe to use. However, it is advisable for users to consider some factors like reviews of the company, security features offered, etc. before choosing an online tax software to use. Users should also consider paid software over free software that offers more security features.
✅ How to pay an Online Tax Return?
Here is how to pay online tax return using online tax software:
- Step 1) Prepare and gather all the necessary documents required like PAN card, bank statements, etc.
- Step 2) Download and install any of the above-listed online tax software
- Step 3) Open the software and sign up or log in using username and password
- Step 4) Go to the Income Tax Return section and start filing your income tax return
- Step 5) Fill in basic details and go to the next section
- Step 6) Enter your income details for the financial year and go to the next section
- Step 7) Enter other details of expenses and deductions
- Step 8) Enter advanced paid tax details if applicable and go to the final section
- Step 9) Review your income tax return and file it if all details are correct
- Step 10) Take a print out of acknowledgment if you need it for the reference
👉 Which factors should you consider while selecting an Online Tax Software?
You should consider the following factors while selecting an online tax software:
- Easy to use and setup
- License Cost if applicable
- Quality of Customer support
- The cost involved in training employees on the tax software
- Reviews of the company
- Security features offered
- Multiple payment integration options
- Features and functionalities offered
💻 Which are the Best Online Tax Software?
Below are some of the best online tax software in India:
- Zoho Books
- H&R Block