9 Best SAT Prep Courses Online (2023)
SAT test is an extremely important test used by colleges and universities across the US in determining college admissions and scholarships of students. Online SAT test prep classes might be your best option for improving your SAT score.
Here, we have selected the best SAT Prep courses to familiarize yourself with the SAT exam structure and understand the test’s contents. These SAT Prep classes have been offered by top industry leaders and the best online learning websites.
Following is a handpicked list of Best SAT Prep Courses Online, with their popular features, pros, cons, and website links.
Best Online SAT Prep Courses
|Company||Magoosh SAT||PrepScholar SAT||Princeton Review SAT|
|Guarantee||100 point improvement guarantee||160 point improvement guarantee||Higher score guarantee|
|Course Book||Available for Purchase||No||Included|
|Course Demo||Yes- 7 days||Yes- 5 days||Yes- 14 days|
|Student Support||Chat support & email support||Phone & email support||Personal coach|
|Online Access||1 Year||1 Year||With active subscription|
|Subscription Length||12 months||12 months||12 months|
1) Magoosh SAT
Magoosh SAT course is designed to help students improve their SAT scores by studying just 20 minutes per day.
The practice questions for SAT preparation are well designed to provide students with a world-class learning experience. The exercise questions have their explanation in videos that address concepts, difficulties, and answers.
Magoosh enables you to prepare for SAT test online with ease. It helps you to maximize your score through a video explanation plug and play study schedule. This course is easily accessible from the computer and mobile.
It provides tutor support that helps you to solve your doubts. Magoosh offers a detailed performance summary of past answers. This study site will allow you to learn every concept covered in the SAT and track your progress as you finish lessons.
- The courses are affordable.
- Offers high-quality course materials.
- Provides good customer support.
- Lots of questions and practice tests.
- It does not have live SAT online tutoring programs
👉 Learn More: https://sat.magoosh.com/
2) PrepScholar SAT
PrepScholar SAT is a learning platform that offers courses according to your ability. It has 100+ hours of lessons and 7100+ realistic practice questions. This online study platform covers all SAT subsections like writing, language, reading, and math.
PrepScholar SAT provides interactive content that helps you to learn by watching videos or expert lessons. It helps you to review your questions and learn to improve them. This is one of the best SAT prep courses that offers analytics software that enables you to track your progress with ease.
- Offers a highly personalized SAT course.
- Offers both tutoring and online classroom options.
- You will get instructions from experienced experts.
- It does not have a mobile app.
👉 Learn More: https://www.prepscholar.com/sat/
3) Princeton Review SAT
Princeton Review SAT is a website that helps you to prepare for the SAT exam. It has expert tutors that enable you to understand difficult topics. With this course, you will get a dedicated tutoring manager.
This study platform offers more than 2000 practice questions and includes 135+ expert-created video lessons. It also provides interactive reports to track your progress.
Princeton Review SAT prep online class provides on-demand lessons and score reports. The course available on this site can be accessed from the mobile application also.
- Easy to access score reports.
- Offers a good number of practice exams.
- Provides a variety of packages.
- The book provided by Princeton is difficult to understand.
👉 Learn More: https://www.princetonreview.com/college/sat-tutoring-course
4) Prep Expert SAT
Prep Expert SAT is a study platform that enables you to learn SAT from live classes or from on-demand video. This course is taught by experienced experts having years of teaching experience.
The platform helps you to learn more than 100 strategies to get a good score in the SAT examination. Prep Expert SAT courses are available in various durations that can be chosen according to your need.
- Offers comprehensive books for learning.
- Provides a real classroom setting in virtual world.
- It is a value for money course.
- Website does not have much payment information.
👉 Learn More: https://prepexpert.com/sat-prep-courses/
5) Olive Book SAT
Olive Book SAT is a site that contains hundreds of math practice questions written by experienced tutors and teachers. It offers graphically-rich and professionally animated video explanations for practice questions.
It provides tutorials, test strategies, and tips for solving difficult problems. This is one of the best online SAT prep courses that allow you to study without any hassle. Olive Book SAT course has full-length math and reading practice test.
- Easy to memorize techniques from the given material.
- Offers a comprehensive way to prepare for SAT test.
- This course is affordable.
- No Offline Content
👉 Learn More: https://www.olive-book.com/courses/sat-course
6) Testive SAT
Testive SAT is a website that enables you to prepare for Scholastic Assessment Test. This course offers a dedicated online coach. It includes practice questions depending on the topics that students need to work on each week. It helps you to improve your SAT score faster with consistent practice sessions.
Testive SAT offers a plan that can easily meet your objective. It provides a score analysis after completion of each test. With this learning platform, you will receive your progress updates in email.
- Allows you to learn from a professional coach.
- Provides a platform that is easy to use and adapts based on your performance.
- Offers a wide range of full-length practice test.
- It has three choices of plans.
- You cannot access Testive from the mobile.
- Learning from only live lessons.
👉 Learn More: https://www.testive.com/
7) Kaplan SAT
Kaplan SAT is online learning platform that has more than 50 instructional videos on test content, strategy, etc. It has quiz equations that enable you to track your performance with ease. It is one of the best SAT prep courses that offers short videos, including written notes, equations, animations, and motion graphics.
Kaplan SAT offers three flexible plans 1) on-demand, 2) unlimited prep, and 3) tutoring. This SAT prep online course is taught by professionals that help you to get comfortable with the exam to get a high score in the exam.
- 1,000+ practice questions.
- Great choice of course Options
- Quality print materials
- Top-notch Instructors
- More expensive than other providers.
👉 Learn More: https://www.kaptest.com/sat
8) Higher Scores
Higher Scores is one of the best SAT courses that has customizable subject-level strategies to get your desired score in the SAT exam.
It provides a powerful SAT study guide that helps you to effectively prepare for exams. This is one of the best SAT prep courses that offer online video tutorials. It sends you weekly emails in order to keep you on track with your study plan.
- Complete packages containing everything a student needs to study for the SAT exam.
- Offer specific questions and answers in video form.
- Every package comes with at least one practice test.
- This online course is costly.
👉 Learn More: https://www.higherscorestestprep.com/online-sat-prep/
9) Khan Academy
Khan Academy is a learning platform that enables you to prepare for SAT in the form of videos. This website provides a personalized learning dashboard that helps you to study at your own speed.
Khan Academy for SAT offers full-length math, reading and writing, tips and strategies to increase score in the test.
It helps you to learn and focus on skills in order to establish a strong foundation for SAT exam. This is one of the best SAT prep courses that has a dashboard that provides a summary of class performance as well as detailed student profiles.
- Provides good time management and preparation tips for SAT test in Math and Grammar section.
- Offers plugin with PSAT scores.
- It offers a lot of practice questions.
- No SAT test strategies
- Insufficient lessons
👉 Learn More: https://www.khanacademy.org/test-prep/sat
ePrep courses help you to improve your skills and confidence while preparing for the SAT test. It offers engaging videos recorded by experts. This site provides online scheduling facility that enables you to stay on track.
It offers easy to understand visual timeline that displays everything you have accomplished. This study site has a full-length practice test that you can take offline or online.
ePrep allows you to watch video answer explanations for each practice test questions. With this learning site, you will get a quiz that will enable you to focus on the areas of your weakness.
- It has well-formulated questions to help you prepare for the SAT exam
- Provides instant feedback and test score.
- Offers highly engaging video content.
- It does not have any study plan.
👉 Learn More: https://www.eprep.com/courses/new-sat
❓ What is the SAT?
SAT test is an extremely important test used by colleges and universities across the US in determining college admissions and scholarships of students. Online SAT test prep classes might be your best chance of improving your SAT score. SAT test includes sections like evidence-Based Reading, Writing, and Mathematics.
💻 Which are the Best SAT Prep Courses Online?
Following are some of the best SAT preparation online courses:
🏅 What are the benefits of an SAT prep course?
Here are the important benefits of SAT prep course:
- The practice questions for SAT preparation are well designed to provide students with a world-class learning experience.
- It helps you to maximize your score through a video explanation plug and play study schedule.
- SAT courses provide a score analysis after the completion of each test.
- It allows you to review your questions and learn to improve them.
❗ Should I take the SAT or ACT?
Colleges and universities across the US use SAT to determine college admissions and scholarships of students. On the other hand, the ACT is an entrance exam for students who plan to obtain a higher education level in states like Ohio, South Carolina, Utah, Wyoming, Wisconsin, and more.
The best way to decide SAT or ACT is to take a full-length practice test of each section.
While doing SAT vs ACT comparison, you can see that content and style of the SAT and ACT are similar, you need to consider other factors like handling time pressure and tackling challenging questions. This will help you find which test fits better for you.
🏅 Where is the SAT taken?
The SAT test is taken at government-approved testing sites internationally and across the country.
⚡ How can I register for SAT exam?
You can register for SAT test by creating account online at the College Board’s website. Students can also register by email or phone.
❓ Can I retake the SAT test?
Yes. SAT test can be taken as many times as you desire. You can try to attempt the exam 4-5 times only if you want to improve your first score.
👉 Are fee waivers available?
Fee waivers are available for the candidates having a low income to meet their financial criteria. It includes SAT test and subject fees.
🚀 Are there accommodations for students with disabilities?
Yes. Accommodations are made in order to help students with disabilities, including extended breaks, visual and reading aid, and extended testing time. However, students need to apply for it as early as possible or before seven weeks of test date.
👉 What does a higher SAT score mean for me?
Universities require certain SAT test scores for admissions. Your score determines the classes you take. For example, a low score will put you in low-level colleges, while a high score paves path for admission in reputed colleges.
SAT exam scores are also important factor for merit-based scholarships. It can be won from organizations and schools.
🌟 What are average SAT scores at popular schools?
Here is a list of average SAT scores at popular schools:
⚡ What is covered in SAT exam?
The basic SAT exam includes various sections like reading, mathematics, writing, and language. This test begins with reading and ends with an optional essay.
- Reading: The reading section includes a comprehension that contains specific words and sentences. You need to understand them and replace them with synonyms.
- Language: SAT language and writing sections are based on passages. It contains five pages with multiple-choice questions.
- Maths: The mathematics section is generally divided into two parts. In the first one, you cannot use a calculator, and in the second part, it is allowed.
💻 What is the difference between online and classroom SAT prep courses?
Here is a difference between online and classroom SAT prep courses.
|Parameters||Online SAT prep courses||Classroom SAT prep courses|
|Time freedom:||You can complete the target at any time.||You need to complete the target in a specific time.|
|Cost:||Online courses are cheaper than traditional classroom training.||The cost of learning classroom SAT prep courses is expensive.|
|Personalized attention:||Personalized attention is difficult.||You will get personalized attention.|
|Better for:||It is better for remote students.||It is ideal for the student who wants to learn personally.|
|Topics:||It is good for a specific and concise topic.||It is good for collaborative topics.|
❗ Do SAT prep classes help?
There are many situations in which SAT prep classes are not good. If your test score is 75% or higher, you do not need to take a prep class to improve it. In that case, you can take a test series to practice as many mock SAT test as possible to gain an edge.
⚡ What is the best SAT prep book?
Here is a list of the best SAT prep books:
- The Official SAT Study Guide, 2020 Edition given by College Board.
- Kallis’ SAT Pattern Strategy.
- SAT Prep Black Book, 2nd Edition.
- Barron’s SAT, 29th Edition
- 500 New SAT Math Problems by Dr. Steve Warner.
- 800 Math Workbook New Edition.
- PWN the SAT: Math Guide, 4th Edition
✅ What makes a good SAT Prep course?
Here are the factors that make a good SAT Prep course:
- Look out for small class sizes, ideally, ten or fewer students.
- A good class will be taught by an expert teacher who got a good (or even perfect!) SAT score.
- The course should offer high-quality assignments and extra study material.
- A good class offers a student with a good result in terms of score or point improvement.
❓ What are the tips to ace the SAT?
Here are tips to ace the SAT:
- Read questions carefully: You need to read the question carefully and find easily eliminable answers which are incorrect.
- Reduce guesswork: Do not blindly guess. Always try to eliminate at least one answer which is incorrect.
- Reduce time on one question: You do not have to spend much time on one question. Read it and move to the next one. You can return later in case you cannot answer quickly.
- Carefully read multi-part questions: You need to be careful with multiple-part questions because a wrong answer might affect on the subsequent parts.
- Eliminate wrong answers: Read carefully and use the process of elimination to increase your chances of choosing the correct multiple-choice answer.
- Write a short summary with proper proof: You need to make sure you write a conclusion with proper proof. If you are writing essay, it is preferable that you end it in clear and simple language.
- Write short and precise answers: Do not write lengthy answers as it becomes difficult to read. You need to stick to the concise and precise answer.
- Focus on the SAT books: You need to focus only on content written in the SAT book.
- Divide your essay into paragraphs: You need to structure the essay in various small sections.
- Check your strong and weak points: You need to find out your strengths and weaknesses and focus on building a strong overall skill set and eliminate weak points.
- Eliminate excessive use of calculator: Do not rely extremely on the calculator. It may slow down your speed of solving math questions.
🏅 What are the differences between the score reporting policies between the SAT and ACT?
The SAT is scored on a scale of 400-1600, and the ACT is scored on a scale of 1-36. You should remember that you will only be scored for every correct answer that you give, and you will not get any penalty for incorrect answers for the ACT while you will get ¼ penalty for the wrong answer in SAT on both tests.
Disclaimer: We are reader supported and may earn a commission when you buy through links on our site