A Partition is a hard drive section that is separated from other parts. It enables you to divide the hard disk into various logical sections. Partition software is a tool that helps you to perform basic options like create, resize and delete the partition of a physical disk. Many such programs allow you to change the label of disk slice for easy identification of data.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Partition Software with their popular features and website links. The list contains open source (free) software.
Acronis Disk Director is a tool that enables you to optimize, protect, and manage your data and hard drive. This application helps you to create a partition of the hard disk without the risk of losing data.
- It allows you to resize, split, and merge volumes.
- You can hide or unhide volumes.
- Convert MBR (Master Boot Record) disk to GPT(GUID Partition Table).
- Recover infected partition from threats.
- Create and repair the RAID-5 (data storage virtualization technology) storage area.
- Supports Windows operating system.
Paragon Partition Manager is a tool that enables you to migrate disk to a larger drive. It also allows you to manage hard disk partitions effectively. This app enables you to create, format, delete as well as hide partition. It helps you to recover partition that is deleted accidentally.
EaseUS Partition Master is a free partition tool. It helps you perform operations like create, resize, and merge partitions. This tool allows you to clone a smaller hard disk drive to a larger hard disk drive. It also helps you to clone HDD to SSD for increasing performance.
- This software product helps you to recover deleted data or backup your system.
- You can restore files, system, partition, or disk.
- It allows you to clone MBR (Master Boot Record) disk to GPT (GUID Partition Table) disk or GPT disk to MBR disk from your small size disk to large size disk.
- Clone one partition or multiple partitions instead of the whole disk to avoid the loss of your data.
- It helps you to format or delete the partition.
- You can wipe out all data available on the disk.
- EaseUS Partition Master can check for the error for a particular partition and fix it.
- This tool allows you to change the label of partition to manage the data.
AOMEI Partition Assistant SE app enables you to transfer your operating system to another drive without installing it again. This software helps you to upgrade your hard from old disk to a new one. It enables you to safely partition your hard drive without losing your important data.
- You can clone the data sector by sector.
- It supports GPT (GUID Partition Table) and MBR (Master Boot Record) partition styles.
- Clone HDD (Hard Disk Drive) to HDD, HDD to SSD (Solid-State Drive), or SSD to SSD for disk upgrades and data migration.
- Services are available for Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows, etc.
- It allows you to access files from your tablet, mobile phone, or laptop.
- You can convert GPT disk to MBR.
- It can check the hard disk for bad sectors.
- You can hide or unhide partition.
Tenorshare Partition Manager is free software that can change the partition properties and capabilities. This application enables you to change the label for easy recognition. It supports USB drive, hard disk, etc.
- You can convert from MBR to GPT and vice versa.
- Supports FAT, EXT, NTFS, HFS, etc.
- You can install this software on PC having Windows operating system.
- This tool is compatible with SCSI (Small Computer System Interface), IEEE, SATA (Serial ATA).
- You can create, delete, format, and split free disk space.
NIUBI Partition Editor is a software used to divide a hard disk into various parts. It supports Windows PC and server. This tool allows you to optimize the space of the disk. You can easily use this application to migrate from the operating system to another.
- You can shrink, extend, and merge disk.
- It helps you to change the partition label.
- You can create and delete disk slice with ease.
- It has data security features like hiding partition, earing data, setting read-only, etc.
Microsoft Disk Management is a system utility in Windows that enables you to perform storage-related tasks. This tool is in-built in your PC. This tool supports EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) system partition. It allows you to recover C: drive.
- Microsoft Disk Management helps you to free up space of the hard disk.
- It helps you to defragment your disk.
- Change or assign a new drive.
- You can shrink the partition.
- The application helps you to set up a new drive.
GParted is a free editor for managing disk partitions. You can use this software to resize copy or move disk portion to without loss of data. This application can rescue data from a lost disk slice.
- You can manipulate the file system such as ufs, udf, xfs, and more.
- It has a graphic editor for efficiently manage disk slice.
- You can use this software on Linux, Mac OS X, or Windows.
- It helps you to create space for a new operating system.
- It allows you to enable or disable partition.
- Support hard disk SATA and SCSI (Small Computer System Interface).
- Device sectors included are 512, 1024, 4096, and 2048.
9) IM-Magic Partition Resizer
IM-Magic Partition Resizer is a free software to manage disk partition with secure technology. You can use this tool to take actions like copy, move, convert, resize, and more. This tool enables you to extend any disk partition.
- The hard disk can be managed just by a few mouse clicks.
- It can be used for Windows operating system.
- You can shrink or extend data any hard disk.
- It has a rollback power that secures your partition and data when your PC accidentally shut down.
DiskGenius is a professional design to make disk slicing. It helps you to recover your lost file. This application helps you to manage partition effectively. You can wipe disk so that it cannot be recovered. This application helps you to protect your sensitive data.
- You can create a Wi-Fi Bootable disk.
- It enables you to change the size of the existing disk size.
- You can divide partition into small parts.
- This tool helps you to copy and disk.
- It allows you to split any partition without any data loss.
Macrorit is a free program that helps you to perform bais disk actions like extend, create, and format partition. It allows you to cancel the operation before it finishes. You can use the features of this software without installing it.
- You can undo, redo, or commit operation with few mouse clicks.
- It can wipe free or unallocated space.
- Convert primary partition to logical.
- Resize resizing FAT32 partition up to 2TB.
- You can format a large FAT32 drive.
- Macrorit Supports disk larger than 2TB.
12) R-Drive Image
R-Drive is a software which provides disk image files creation for duplication and backup process. It contains the exact copy of a hard drive, logical disk, and partition.
- It provides support for MBR and GPT.
- You can store needed drive image files in removable media such as Iomega Zip, Jazz disks, CD-R(W)/DVD, etc.
- It creates images without restarting your windows system.
- The tool can restore images onto their new disks, original disks, hard drive's free space, or partitions.
- It can connect its image files as read-only virtual drives.
- This tool has a multi-language user interface.
- It can be used on Linux and Windows operating systems.
13) Active@ Partition Manager
Active@ Partition Manager is a free program that enables you to manage the logical drive, storage device, and partition. This program helps you to create, delete, format, and name partition with shutting down the system.
- You can mount any image as a virtual drive.
- This tool provides image compression.
- A copy of disk partition or hard drives contains only occupied sectors.
- It offers to image and restore fixed hard disks, and solid-state drives, and removable disks.
- You can verify the image after creating it.
- This app enables you to delete the partition or logical drive.
- It allows you to convert GPT to MBR and MBR to GPT.
- The tool supports Windows operating system.
- You can create and open disk images.
- Recover data from damaged RAID's.
14) KDE Partition Manager
KDE Partition Manager is a software that helps you to manage disk partition. This tool supports a large number of files, including ReiserFS, NTFS, FAT32, and more.
- You can securely delete or resize hard disk slicing without any hassle.
- It allows you to copy or move and restore partition.
- You can download this app to backup and restore data securely.
- Supports a large number of file systems.
- Hard disk data can be managed securely with ease.
❓ What is Partition?
Partition is a hard drive section that is separated from other parts. It enables you to divide the hard disk into various logical sections.
⚡ What are the benefits of disk partitioning?
Some benefits of disk partitioning are:
- You can run more than one operating system on your computer system.
- Separating your valuable files can lead to minimizing corruption risk.
- You can allocate specific system applications, space, and data for specific uses.
- Storing frequently accessed data and used programs in order to improve performance.
- You can backup your data by making a clone of partitions.
- If ransomware lands on your disc partitions, there will be less chance of searching personal data on another partition.
✔️ Explain partition software and its general features
Partition software is a tool that helps you to perform basic options like create, resize, and delete the partition of a physical disk. Many such programs allow you to change the label of disk slice for efficient management of data. The general features of partition software are:
- It also allows you to manage hard disk partitions effectively.
- Apps enable you to create, format, delete as well as hide partition.
- It helps you to recover partition that is deleted accidentally.