Outlook is a popular email client developed by Microsoft Corporation. This tool is easy to integrate with Word, PowerPoint, as well as Excel. It helps you to scan and remove dangerous email attachments.
However, Microsoft Outlook has some limitations, like it has a complex password recovery process, lacking task management features, calendar overload. It gives precedence to exchange accounts over other email accounts that might interrupt your workflow.
Here is a curated list of Top email programs that are capable of replacing MS Outlook. The list contains both open source(free) and commercial(paid) software.
Top Alternatives to Outlook: Best Email Clients Software
|Polymail||Windows, Mac, Linux||✅||Learn More|
|EM Client||Windows, Mac||✅||Learn More|
Mailbird is a Windows email sending application that can work with Gmail. It helps you to manage all your mails and contacts from more than one account. This app allows you to customize your layout.
- Mailbird allows you to integrate with Facebook, Whatsapp, Dropbox, Google Calendar, etc.
- You can snooze a particular message.
- It helps you to contact via LinkedIn from your inbox.
- You can upload your own custom notification sound.
- This app provides multi-language support.
- It has numerous shortcuts for composing, replying, and forwarding emails.
Polymail is an email program that provides complete details of how and when people read your emails. It enables you to create and share customized email templates with your team. This tool helps you to integrate it with other messaging tools like Slack and Salesforce.
- You can set follow up email reminders.
- It provides click and download tracking.
- You can schedule emails to send later.
- Provide a detail report of your team’s activity.
- You can clean up your inbox by unsubscribing from newsletters.
3) EM Client
EM Client is a strong competitor of Outlook that has a easy-to-use interface. This application helps you to manage email, calendar, contacts, and tasks. It can be used for Windows and Mac.
- It supports PGP (Pretty Good Privacy) encryption.
- You can take a backup of your email.
- This product supports the autoreply email.
- It automatically downloads contacts from the web.
- You can add tables and resize any cell effortlessly.
- Em client allows you to change images size, rotate, and flip.
Shift is an email client for Windows 10 that helps you to manage multiple workflows. It allows you to create custom workspaces inside Shift and invite people to collaborate.
- Shift is a desktop email client that allows you to sync up many email accounts into a unified inbox.
- It integrates with G Suite apps, Facebook and Slack
- You can add extensions to shift. These extensions include things like Grammarly, HubSpot, and Zoom.
- It helps you to streamline & organize your work/life/play.
- It helps you to browse by account.
- You can add your extensions.
5) Zimbra Desktop
Zimbra is an email, calendar, and collaboration solution built for cloud computing. It is a smart mailbox that helps you to quickly find your email. You can use this application to view the inbox by conversation.
- You can drag and drop emails into specific folders.
- It allows you to compose multiple emails at the same time.
- You can send mails with images.
- This tool enables you to attach multiple files from the computer.
- You can undo send, restore email as well as scheduled delivery.
- Zimbra desktop provides online and offline access to all your email accounts in one place.
- You can recover removed messages from the trash for up to 30 days.
- It enables you to share message folders to collaborate with other people.
Spark is a software package that automatically categorizes emails for secure processing. It is one of the best Outlook alternative that allows you to pin or snooze emails. You can invite your teammates to create mail together.
- You can find your email quickly by using a natural language search.
- It allows commenting on emails.
- This program has pre-written emails for replying to emails fast.
- You can set reminders to follow up important emails.
- It enables you to add a signature in your email.
- Spark helps you to personalize sidebar, swipes, and widget.
- You can receive a notification only when an important message comes into your inbox.
Postbox is a tool that helps you to add dynamic data fields to responses and templates. It allows you to reuse HTML snippet within message replies. This Outlook mail client alternative app provides more than 25 design signature templates.
- You can add dynamic data fields to emails and templates.
- It allows you to forward email content to hundreds of other apps and services, like Slack, Evernote, etc.
- You can add additional image effects like flip, rotate, shadow, and frames.
- It helps you to resize any image.
Bluemail is an email client that is capable of managing an unlimited number of mail accounts. It is one of the best Outlook alternative which allows for smart push notifications and group emailing. This tool enables you to personalize multiple email accounts.
- You can mark messages to handle later and set reminders for them.
- It allows you to access calendars and plan events.
- You can seamlessly switch from one theme to another.
- Bluemail helps you to count unread emails.
- You can filter out starred emails.
- It provides security through encryption.
- This program supports Android or iOS phones, and tablets.
GNOME is an open-source desktop application for the Unix operating system. It has a dashboard that contains the most frequently used icons.
- You can set mail accounts using IMAP and POP.
- This alternative to Outlook enables you to customize the email window layout.
- You can change the format of date and time.
- GNOME helps you to change the mail view for widescreen displays.
- It allows you to organize emails in your mail folder.
Mailspring is a simple open-source email app for Windows, Mac, and Linux. It supports IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) and Office 365. This app allows you to undo send items.
- You can get email read receipts.
- It is localized into nine languages.
- It is one of the best Outlook alternatives for Windows that provides support for touch and gesture.
- You can quickly add a signature to the email.
- It can translate the English message in numerous available options of language.
- Mailspring detects the language you are using and automatically spellchecks in that language.
Spike instantly combines all the personal email accounts into one inbox. It provides an advanced search facility using which you can get a file from email conversion. This tool allows you to snooze (pop back later), pin (stick messages in inbox), or archive (hidden from your Inbox view) your emails.
- It supports the customization of notification.
- You can send voice notes or comments to anyone.
- It enables you to preview files without opening them from your inbox.
- You can undo sent emails.
- Spike provides a collaboration facility to build emails in a group.
- You can attach files from the cloud application.
June.ai is a digital communication tool that organizes conversion by contact for effortlessly finding what you are looking for. You can categorize and redesigns your non-conventional messages into feed.
- It can approve, unsubscribe, or block new persons or organizations that contact you.
- This free Outlook email alternative tool helps you to instantly access people for conversation.
- You can access June using your mobile apps, desktop app, or browsers.
- It allows you to undo send messages.
- You can block or unsubscribe subscription without any hassle.
- June can view all your email accounts together.
- You can send GIFs to other people.
Hiri is an app for managing email from Office 365, outlook.com, etc. You can send actionable emails to your team. It helps you to separate emails according to subject lines.
- You can keep track of your emails.
- It allows you to ping a message to your colleagues for a status update.
- Hiri helps you to manage your task list hassle-free.
- You can turn your emails into the task by clicking and dragging.
EssentialPIM is a tool that helps you to manage email Windows, Android, and iOS platforms. It encrypts your email information using PGP. This app synchronizes all your EssentialPIM data between Windows devices through a cloud.
- EssentialPIM portable can be used from any portable device
- You can tag or link any item with other items.
- It supports more than one language, including English, French, German, etc.
- You can assign access rights to others to share their calendar or contact.
- It can store any external files attached to emails.
- This tool allows you to add a signature to your email.
TypeApp is a tool that helps you to manage the unlimited number of email accounts. It is one of the best alternative for Outlook which allows you to track conversions in your inbox. This app provides instant email notification using a tablet, smart watch, or phone.
- You can access this app using IMAP, POP3, etc.
- It provides a wide range or clouded themes.
- Typeapp provides support for Android wearable devices.
- You can personalize UI the way you like.
- It offers a unified (merged) inbox to get all email account in one place.
16) Mozilla Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird is an open-source, cross-platform email suite. It provides easy to use wizard for setting account. This software helps you to personalize the email the way you like.
- You can quickly add people to your address book.
- It provides a reminder for attachment before sending an email.
- You can filter mails by new messages, people, and tags.
- Thunderbird automatically checks for updates.
- You can share a link of large files in your mail instead of the attachment itself.
- This free Outlook alternative provides protection from phishing, a method to obtain sensitive information like credit card details, passwords, etc.
- You can manage multiple email accounts by combining archive, inbox, or sent folder.
17) Apple Mail
Apple Mail is a strong Outlook competitor designed for iPad, iPhone, and more. You can easily manage your email accounts from this app.
- You can share files with others.
- This app works with email services like Yahoo, iCloud AOL, Gmail, and Microsoft Exchange.
- It allows you to send unlimited messages to anyone.
18) Hexamail Flow
Hexamail Flow is a strong Outlook replacement that supports tasks, contacts, calendar as well as chat with a highly customizable interface. This free email client like Outlook tool can be operated with IMAP and POP3(Post Office Protocol version 3) servers.
- It offers security through end to end SMIME (Secure Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions) encryption technique.
- You can upload a large file attachment to Google Drive.
- It supports the read receipt.
- Hexamail automatically resizes large photos.
- You can preview the attached image and PDF files.
- It helps you to create and assign a task to others from email.
- This tool enables you to drag an email onto a contact to forward it.
- It allows you to import email account from outlook express.
❓ What is an Email Client?
An Email client is a software application that enables users to configure one or more email addresses to read, receive, compose, and send emails from that email address(s). It also provides a central interface for receiving, composing, and sending emails of a configured email address(s). It allows users to easily access and manage their emails.
💻 What is IMAP, POP3, SMTP?
IMAP: IMAP or Internet Message Access Protocol is a mail protocol that is used to access email on the webserver from the local PC. It stores messages on a server and synchronizes the emails across multiple devices.
POP3: POP3 or Post Office Protocol is a mail protocol that is used to receive emails from the server to the local email client. It allows operations like download email messages on your computer and delete them from the server.
SMTP: SMTP or Simple Mail Transfer Protocol is an application layer to send messages to the mail server for relaying.
When you send emails, the webserver processes your mails and decides which server to send messages to. The mail service provider downloads the mails and places them in the inbox of the recipient.
👉 How to choose the Best Email Program?
Here are some important features which must be included in any best email clients:
- It should allow you to send unlimited messages to anyone.
- It can manage multiple email accounts by combining archive, inbox, or sent folder.
- An email client must comply with the protocols IMAP, POP3, etc.
- It should allow you to access calendars and plan events.
- It should allow features like undo send, restore email as well as scheduled delivery.
🚀 What are the Best Outlook Alternatives?
Following are some of the best Outlook alternatives:
- EM Client
- Apple Mail