Application Performance Management(APM) Tools collect and monitor lots of data to manage performance and availability of software applications. There is no shortage of APM tools and choosing one for your project could be cumbersome.
Here, is a list of Top 45 Application Monitoring tools along with their download links and key features.
1) New Relic APM
New Relic is a Saas-based APM tool. The tool offers APM for mobile apps, advance browser monitoring & infrastructure monitoring.
- Track SQL statements responsible for slow performance
- Offers performance trends at a glance
- Allows SQL Query Analysis
- Provide advanced alerts
- Code-level diagnostics
- Cross-Application Tracing
Download link: https://newrelic.com/application-monitoring
Appdymanic offers Saas as well as an on-premise option. This APM tool monitors application performance. It also drives insights into how application impact the performance of the business.
- Offers End-to-end transaction tracing
- Diagnose and eliminate problems at code-level
- Visualize your entire application stack
- Dynamic Baselining and Alerting
Foglight is an APM tool for Monitoring, managing and optimizes performance across your databases and virtual infrastructure. It allows you to create a customized APM solution for end-to-end management.
- Application server monitoring and diagnostics
- SLA monitoring and dashboards
- Transaction Recording
- Monitor your middleware environment
- Select products by a technology platform
- Improve compliance with end-user SLAs
Download link: https://www.quest.com/foglight/
4) Compuware APM
Compuware APM tool makes it easy to monitor and optimize your complex applications. It offers complete insights with zero-configuration needs.
- Reduce Monthly Licensing Charges (MLC) Costs
- User-experience monitoring
- Identify Strategic Tuning Targets
- Reduce Faults and Abends
- Monitor application performance in public, private or hybrid clouds
Download link: https://compuware.com/application-performance-management/
5) BMC Software APM
This APM tool powered by artificial intelligence(AI) to help companies and application owners, support and developers manage the performance of business-critical applications.
- Trend and baseline normal performance
- Define priorities based on severity or extent of the impact
- Code-level diagnostics
- Monitor SQL statements
6) JenniferSoft APM
Jennifer is real-time application monitoring solution. This APM product can capture and tracks real-time transactions from their beginning to their end. It allows you to monitor with the minimum load under different platforms like Java, .Net and PHP.
- True Real-time monitoring
- Real-time Dashboard & Topology view
- Support for cloud Environment
- Web Service Real-User Monitoring
Download link: https://jennifersoft.com/en/
ExtraHop makes data-driven security and IT operations a reality with real-time analytics. This APM tool also provides visibility into application servers, databases, storage systems, and the full network in a streamlined delivery system. The tool allows complete visibility and quick response times to get optimal performance.
- Intuitive dashboards
- Customized, one-click reports
- Objective performance analysis
- Automatic device discovery and classification
- Faster application response time
- Application activity maps
Download link: https://www.extrahop.com/
AppEnsure APM tool discovers, names and maps every application in every location. It measures response time and delivers cause analysis with event correlation automatically, with almost no configuration.
- Monitors apps in every location
- Measure app response time to the supporting infrastructure
- Alert when response time exceeds defined thresholds
- Cause analysis with event correlation
- Topology and event discovery
Download link: http://www.appensure.com/
Neebula's Service Performance Monitoring solution(APM) helps you to keep your applications running at peak performance through mapping business services to applications, servers, networks and storage to provide insights into the end-to-end health of business services.
- Correlates monitoring and event data
- Maps business services to servers, applications, and other components
- Real-time service technology discovery
- Automatically deploys monitors to collect data
10) NetScout nGeniusONE
nGeniousOne offers rapid and precise insights into service performance across your entire IT environment from the network, application, and user perspective. This tool monitors your network traffic on both the packet and holistic process level.
- Offers a comprehensive analysis of specific application transactions
- Relate performance to user experience
- Identify user interaction with other services and infrastructure.
- Real-time service availability of services, network, and app components
- Session analysis with hop-by-hop transaction analysis
- Forensic evidence collection
Opsview Monitor offers unified insight into their dynamic IT operations. It can be on-premises, in the cloud, or hybrid.
- Automate and scale anywhere
- Rapid time to value
- Business Service Monitoring
- Notification Platform Integrations
- Service Desk Integrations
- Built-in Notifications
SevOne offers complete visibility across the entire enterprise network, meeting the challenge of application performance management. It manages everything from on-premise apps to those running in the cloud.
- Real-time dashboards and reporting
- Proactive performance and issue alerts
- Application Performance Appliance (APA) converts packets into flow data.
- End-to-end, multi-layer visibility
- Automatic baseline generation
- Instant report generation
Download link: https://www.sevone.com/
Metricly allows you to use machine learning and analytics when monitoring your cloud infrastructure and web application performance. It allows you to find the exact cost & utilization data by grouping, filtering, and charting.
- Flexible, fast, and easy collection of metrics with open source agents
- Pre-configured dashboards give instant visibility to your metrics
- Complete accuracy from behavior learning
- Increase your accuracy to new levels
Download link: https://www.metricly.com/
Radware APM application monitoring solution which provides complete visibility into your applications' performance. APM helps you to maintain application performance and protect your system with real-time error detection and response time.
- Zero Deployment and Maintenance
- Real User Experience Application Monitoring
- Support for Internal and External Applications
Download link: https://www.radware.com/Products/APM/
15) Oracle Enterprise Manager
Oracle Enterprise Manager provides a complete Application Performance Management (APM) solution. It includes E-Business Suite, Siebel, PeopleSoft, and Fusion Applications.
- Synthetic transaction monitoring
- Monitor and trace transactions and its instances
- Java and Database monitoring and diagnostics
- Monitor business metrics included in transaction content.
- Java and DB diagnostics for Oracle and non-Oracle platforms
16) INETCO Insight
INETCO Insight is a transaction monitoring software and data streaming platform which offers real-time, end-to-end operations view into the performance of all types of digital banking transactions.
- Offers single view across all banking channels
- Real-time data streaming and forwarding capabilities
- Continuous transaction monitoring and real-time alerts
- Transaction logs with search, query and filter capabilities
- Improve availability across all self-service devices
LogicMonitor traces your applications' predefined data sources to monitor, graph and alert you about all the tends and events in a single resource for effective application management.
- Allows you to work with Windows or Linux
- Role-based dashboards
- Offers performance graphs
- Get alerts from any browser.
- Email, SMS and phone alerts
- Pre-defined, flexible alert thresholds
- Alert routing to notify specific groups
Download link: http://www.logicmonitor.com/monitoring/applications/
18) Visual TruView
Visual TruView is an APA tool which focuses on end-user experience. With just a few clicks you can determine if a user is experiencing poor response times and helps you to find the source of the problem quickly, and drill-down into in-depth data to diagnose that issues.
- Reconstruct the user experience
- Passively monitors application transactions in real-time.
- Monitor response time for the user, network, and application
- Stored transaction details and summary information
- Automated application discovery
19) Level3 Application Performance Management
The level3 application performance management tool helps you to optimize network and application efficiency. It helps you to identify potential threats and problem and rectify them.
- Minimize hardware expenses and staffing needs
- Efficient bandwidth utilization
- Check for all the suspected security violations.
- Helps you to grow your business
Download link: http://www.level3.com/products/managed-network-services/
Nastel APM tool allows you to collect, analyze, and visualize performance data from mobile to computer by offering real-time end-to-end performance monitoring solution.
- No need for constant Eyes-on-Screen monitoring
- Improve & Enhance User Experience
- Maintain Application Performance with Real-time, End-to-End Monitoring
- Helps you to reduce the operational risk
- Support tasks are complete with few resource demand.
21) Citrix NetScaler
NetScaler ADC is Citrix Systems' core networking product. This APM tool improves the delivery speed and quality of applications for the end users.
- A software-first ADC
- Hybrid/multi-cloud manageability
- Ensure application uptime and flawless performance
- DevOps app delivery
- Application and infrastructure intelligence
- Better integration with IT
Catchpoint can quickly detect the issues before customers see them since it's checking the sites every five minutes or even every minute, via the APIs.
- You can access applications and services from any part of the world
- Helps you to understand moving parts of your digital chain impact
- Helps you to diagnose performance issues across a web application
- Correlate customer's experience with business outcomes to improve service delivery chain
Download link: http://www.catchpoint.com/
23) eG Enterprise
eG Enterprise offers full-stack monitoring of application performance to help IT professionals to find, diagnose and resolve application issues.
- Business transaction tracing and application code-level visibility
- Topology discovery and dependency visualization
- Application and supporting infrastructure
- Application analytics and reporting
Download link: https://www.eginnovations.com/web/application-monitoring.htm
Icinga 2 is a flexible, open source system monitoring tool. It can cover most of your monitoring requirements because it is a customizable framework.
- Allows rule-based configuration
- Performance Monitoring
- RESTful API of Icinga 2 helps you quickly update your configurations.
Download link: https://www.icinga.org/
25) op5 Monitor
OP5 Monitor is an APM tool which gives you a unified view of the performance of all your devices and interfaces in your network. This APM tool allows you to drill down all the elements on your network to see what's happening.
- The business service management feature helps organizations to make better-informed decisions
- Clear and detail reports communicate the correct and relevant information.
- Seamlessly integration & log server monitoring into your everyday event stream
- Reduce the complexity, time effort and level of expertise needed to deploy monitoring throughout the entire organization
Download link: http://www.op5.com/
Driven is a Cascading development platform. It provides deep insights into your applications. The tool allows visualizing diagnose application failures, and data application.
- Fast diagnose of the application performance
- Manage and monitor all your data applications
- Self-hosted or cloud-hosted
- Easy team collaboration
- Track all applications
Download link http://www.driven.io/
Datadog is a performance monitoring solution which brings together metrics and events from applications, servers, tools, databases, to provide a unified view of the infrastructure.
- View graphs across sources in real-time
- Easily customize views in code or interactively
- Overlay metrics and events across disparate sources
- Receive alerts on any metric
- Works seamlessly with your existing infrastructure
Download link https://www.datadoghq.com/
Librato is a complete monitoring solution. The tool helps you understand how all your sources of data are impacting your business. It is highly scalable and flexible platform which can make a complex problem into an easy to use service.
- Allows to submit custom metrics
- Simple, intuitive logging format
- Support for Postgres & Router metrics
- Interactive app performance dashboards
Download link: https://www.librato.com/
Aternity allows you to close the gap between application performance and the actual user experience. This APM tool enables you to form results with end-user perspective instead of a focus on a single web application.
- Extends across a wide range of app technologies
- Monitoring for physical, virtual and mobile devices
- View response times for all monitored business activities
- Compliance by department and geographic region
30) Instrumental Application Monitoring
This APM tool offers support for custom application, performance, and infrastructure, monitoring. The tool helps allows you to collect, visualize and transform metrics across the entire infrastructure.
- Automated System & Service Monitoring
- Real-time data updates
- Setup Server-monitoring agent in five-minute
- Track deploys and application changes with custom event overlays
Download link: https://instrumentalapp.com/
31) Stackify Retrace
Stackify is a cloud base platform which offers software developers, operations and support managers with innovative APM solutions. It allows to monitor and troubleshoot cloud-based applications and get DevOps visibility.
- Find bugs during development & QA
- Integrated errors & log management
- Troubleshoot production problems
- Optimized for developers
Download link: https://stackify.com/retrace/
32) Dynatrace (Compuware APM)
Dynatrace is an application monitoring software for DevOps in enterprises and SMBs. The platform leverages proprietary artificial intelligence (AI) technology. It allows businesses to visualize every user and application, everywhere.
- Full stack discovery and performance management
- Visualizing application infrastructure
- Self-healing at scale
- Detecting vMotion events
- Digital experience management
Download link: https://www.dynatrace.com/
33) Scout (SolarWinds)
Scout APM tool which mainly uses for Ruby on Rails. Scout continually tracks down N+1 database queries, sources of memory bloat, performance abnormalities, and more.
- View perf+error data in one place with our Rollbar and Sentry integrations
- Identify slow, frequently-used database queries.
- Compare performance between deploys with Deploy Tracking.
- Helps you to find the source of database and memory
- Deep Instrumentation
Download link: https://scoutapp.com/
34) AppOptics (SolarWinds)
AppOptics is an integrated Infrastructure and application monitoring tool. It's an advanced version of Traceview APM from the same company SolarWinds.
- Advanced visualization with filtering & drill-down
- Cross-host, distributed transaction tracing
- Latency, host, and error-based alerting
- Distributed Transaction Tracing
- Machine-level metric collection & charting
Download link: https://www.appoptics.com/
35) ManageEngine Applications Manager
Manage application manager offer code-level diagnostics for .NET, Java, and Ruby on Rails. ManageEngine Application management offers necessary application monitoring software.
- Scale up to 50,000 applications with Enterprise edition
- Manage middleware & Messaging components
- Customizable reports and Dashboards
- Auto-discover application topology and visualized dependencies
Download link: https://www.manageengine.com/products/applications_manager/
36) Application Insights (Microsoft)
Application Insights allows you to get actionable insights & analytics through application performance management.
- Helps you to find diagnose exceptions and application performance issues
- Easy integration with DevOps by using GitHub, Visual Studio Team Services, and webhooks
- Get started from within Visual Studio or monitor existing apps without needs of redeployment.
37) CA Application Performance Management
CA Application, performance management tool, helps you to deliver profitable and productive services while exceeding customer expectations. This APM offers visibility and management across physical, virtual, cloud and mainframe environments.
- Shared performance goals and outcomes
- Perform complete diagnostic insight with transaction tracing that supports modern APIs and Apps like Java, PHP, Docker,.NET, etc.
- Quickly deploy across your entire enterprise.
38) Alert Site
Alertsite offers synthetic monitoring platform for mission-critical applications and APIs. It allows a 360-degree view of your application performance, exactly seen by your end user.
- Monitors mobile sites and apps proactively
- Faster alerts and Faster Fixes
- Monitors both API endpoints and chained
- Records step-by-step web interactions
Download link: https://smartbear.com/product/alertsite/overview/
39) IDERA Precise
IDERA offers Precise APM solution. The tool provides an intuitive dashboard and allows for a quick insight. It provides end to end transaction visibility by isolating issues found in the stack.
- Recommended corrective actions speed time to resolution
- Historical analysis and detect potential issues.
- Database stores contextual details to correlate transactions with business issues
Download link: https://www.idera.com/application-performance-monitoring
Rollbar is a comprehensive APM solution for web and mobile apps and helps effectively track bugs and issues. Rollbar APM tools help you to resolve errors in minutes and deploy with confidence.
- Seamless integrations
- Rollbar to understand, reproduce, and fix errors quickly.
- Customizable grouping rules
- Complete cause analysis of the issue
- Broad platform support
Download link: http://rollbar.com/
The Zenoss performance management tool allows you to predict and removes outages for hybrid IT environments. It helps you to the developed model of your entire hybrid IT infrastructure.
- Deploy quickly and easily extend to collect performance and availability data from almost any device,
- Streamline Hybrid IT Performance
- Quick time to value by adding immediate flexibility to your existing hybrid IT Ops processes
- Single, holistic view helps you to the faster root-cause identification and reduced downtime.
Download link: https://www.zenoss.com/
Raygun allows you to see how users are experiencing your software applications. It enables you to search, diagnose and resolve all performance related issues that are affecting users to get better speed and accuracy.
- Automatically find errors and crash which affected to end users
- Diagnose issues with high speed and accuracy by viewing complete user sessions
- Smarter application performance monitoring which allows you to combine server-side timing with errors
Download link: https://raygun.com/
Pingdom is a website and performance monitoring tool which is dedicated to making the web faster and more reliable. With the help of this tool, customers t alerted about any issue so that they can focus on their daily business.
- Examine all parts of a web page
- Provide performance overview
- Trace your performance history
- Allows you to test from multiple locations
Download link: https://tools.pingdom.com/
The Splunk platform offers real-time insights across the application development lifecycle. This APM tool does more than monitor and correlates data across your infrastructure and applications.
- Gives you the real-time answers you need to meet customer expectations and business goals
- Open Development Platform
- It helps you to scales to meet modern data needs.
- Leverage AI powered by machine learning.
Download link: https://www.splunk.com/download
Motadata is an integrated APM system analytics solution. It combines core analytic capabilities into a centralized platform. It allows you to collect, correlate, and analyze network flow and log data events on a unified dashboard.
- Network, Server, App Monitoring
- Flow Monitoring
- Unified Dashboards
- Native Apps for Integration
- Offers Scalability with Speed
Download link: https://www.motadata.com/application-monitoring/
❓ Why APM Tools are used?
Application performance monitoring (APM) tools are used to monitor the performance of your application code. These tools help you to find the application performance issues and resolve them.
⚡ Which factors to consider while choosing an APM tool?
Don't slog to choose the right tool. Get smart. Consider the following factors before you decide.
- APM tools should be able to provide real-time performance monitoring and visualization.
- Integration with management software such as ERP.
- The cost involved in training employees on the tool.
- Tools should be customizable to each user's specific roles.
- Consider the security options offered by software providers.
- Product price.
- Product features meet your requirements.
✔️ When you should not use APM tools?
You should not use APM tools when diagnosing simple applications as these tools take lots of time to analyze application performance and generate the final report.