Nagios is an open source network monitoring solution. It helps organizations to identify and resolve IT infrastructure issues. However, Nagios could be difficult integrate into automatic provisioning processes. There are few other issues with Nagios as well.
Here, is a curated list of top 20 tools that can replace Nagios. This list consists of paid as well as open-source Network Monitoring Tool with popular features and latest download link.
Shinken is a monitoring framework. It's offer full virtualization integration and endless scalability and RAID-like availability.
- Fast monitoring of your servers and applications
- Allows to reuse Nagios configuration
- Load data from new sources like Puppet and Mysql, and add new export methods like Graphite
Download link: http://www.shinken-monitoring.org/
2) SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor
This network monitor tool automatically discovers network devices and deploys within an hour. With the help of this tool, you can customize the web-based performance dashboards, charts, and views.
- Multi-vendor network monitoring
- Complete network Insights for better visibility
- NetPath and PerfStack for easy troubleshooting
- Smarter scalability for large environments
Download link: https://www.solarwinds.com/network-performance-monitor
3) GFI LanGuard
Gif Languard allows you to scan your network for vulnerabilities, automated patching, and achieve compliance.
- Patch management for operating systems & third-party applications
- Vulnerability assessment
- Web reporting console
- Track latest vulnerabilities and missing updated
- Integration with security applications
- Support for Virtual Environments
Spice works are easy to use networking monitoring tool which offers real-time status and alerts for your critical devices.
- It is simple to install and easy to set up
- You can adjust alert thresholds for in-app notifications or emails.
- Support is entirely free. Online or on the phone, chat
- Get quick insights and spot slow, sluggish, or overwhelmed systems.
Zabbix is an open source monitoring tool. This network monitoring tool focuses on monitoring and trending functionality. This software is widely used for monitoring servers and network hardware. This tool can forecast future behavior based on historical data.
- Easy measurement of network performance & health
- Flexible and extendable data gathering
- Various metric collection methods and protocols
- Configuration changes
Download link: https://www.zabbix.com/
NetCrunch Network monitors your network infrastructure and traffic with the help of features like switch traffic monitoring and flow analyzer.
- Monitoring packs for various SNMP devices
- Policy-Based Configuration
- SNMP Traps & Notifications
- Full SNMPv3 support
- Monitoring Custom Network Service
Download link: https://www.adremsoft.com/
Datadog is a monitoring tool which is built for hybrid cloud environments. Datadog helps you to analyze the performance of network, apps, and services. It allows you to create custom graphs, meters, and alerts.
- Allows you to check across systems, apps, and services
- Get full visibility into your applications.
- Analyze and explore log data in the context
- Build real-time interactive dashboards
- Fash alerts on critical issues.
Download link: https://www.datadoghq.com
8) The Dude
The Dude network monitor is a network monitoring tool which automatically scans all devices within specified subnets. You can draw layout and map of your networks. It also gives you an alert when some equipment is not working correctly.
- Auto network discovery and layout
- Discovers any type or brand of device
- SVG icons for devices are included for easy recognition. Even custom icons and backgrounds are supported.
- Direct access from remote control tools for device management
Download link: http://www.mikrotik.com/thedude
It is open source infrastructure and service monitoring tool. Icinga alters and reports the health of your IT environment. All alert dependencies will be displayed in the dashboard and sent via email, SMS or mobile messaging apps.
- Monitoring of Services
- Supports both direct monitoring and SNMP monitoring
- Allows clustering and Zone Monitoring
- Configuration & Templates
Download link: https://www.icinga.com/
10) Microsoft Network Monitor
Microsoft Network Monitor is a protocol analysis and network traffic monitoring tool. This tool helps you to capture, view and analyze network traffic. It is also handy for troubleshooting network problems and applications on the network.
Nmap is an open source software for network discovery and security auditing. This network monitoring tool allows you to perform tasks such as network inventory, maintaining service upgrade schedules.
- Nmap tool is available for free download, and also comes with complete source code
- Supports dozens of advanced techniques for mapping out networks filled with IP filters, firewalls, routers, etc.
- It can scan huge networks of literally hundreds of thousands of machines.
- Extensive support of a community of developers and users
Download link: https://nmap.org/
12) Logic Monitor
LogicMonitor is an automated SaaS network monitoring tool. The tool offers to customize dashboard, alerts, and reports. The tool can identify incoming issues by providing predictive alters and trend analysis.
- Discovers all network devices & interfaces
- Monitors CPU, Memory, Temperature, Fan and other hardware
- Track OSPF adjacencies and BGP sessions
- Watch & alert on Power Over Ethernet loads
- Wireless access-point monitoring
Download link: https://www.logicmonitor.com
A thousand eyes networking monitoring software allows you to find the cause of problems anywhere. Share your findings instantly and respond to issues before it damages your customers, services, and revenue.
- Visualize multiple layers of network data to check diverse infrastructure, services, and apps
- Provide a unique insight across every part of the network from smart agents located across the Internet
- Helps you to find causes with the assistance of algorithms
- Integrate data and insights directly into existing workflows and systems
Download link: https://www.thousandeyes.com/
NetXMS is an open source monitoring tool which allows you to monitor entire IT infrastructures. It starts with SNMP-capable hardware and ending with applications on servers.
- Designed for maximum performance and scalability
- Distributed network monitoring
- Helps you to detect network automatically.
- Quick deployment with minimal configuration efforts
- Native support various platforms and operating systems
Download link: https://www.netxms.org/download/
15) OP5 Monitor
OP5 Monitor is a software product for the server, network monitoring, and management based on the Open Source project Nagios. The OP5 Monitor displays the status, health, and performance of the IT network.
- Log Server Monitoring
- Fully customizable and interactive dashboards
- Unparalleled Scalability across Distributed Environments
- Read, process and generate alerts from SNMP traps.
- Automatic Self Healing
Download link: https://www.op5.com/op5-monitor/
16) Advanced IP Scanner
Advanced IP scanner is free network scanner to analyze LAN. This network analysis tool helps you to access shared folders, remote controlling of computers and can even switch your computers off.
- No need of installation
- MAC addresses detection
- Export scan result to CSV
Download link: http://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/
Observium is an auto-discovering network monitoring tool. It supports a wide range of device types, platforms, and operating systems. The tool offers an intuitive and straightforward interface to the health and status of your network.
- Traffic Accounting feature helps you in tracking and billing customer bandwidth usage
- Supports for numbers of third-party application
- Threshold alerting system helps you to configure thresholds and failure status of various entities.
- Improves your network's reliability by finding a number of potential issues
Download link: https://www.observium.org/
NetworkMiner is a Network Forensic Analysis Tool. The tool allows detecting the OS, hostname and open ports of network hosts by parsing a PCAP file or packet sniffing.
- Network forensics & Sniffing
- User credentials for supported protocols can be extracted under credentials tab.
- You can search sniffed or stored data for keywords.
- NetworkMiner Professional comes with specially designed USB flash drive.
Download link: http://www.netresec.com/?page=NetworkMiner