Service virtualization is a simulation software. It allows organizations to execute tests even when the Application/Microservice does not exist. It supports developers QA/testing teams to get access dependent system components.
Here, are some top Service Virtualization tools with key features and Learn Mores
Traffic Parrot makes it easy for developers and testers to do service virtualization, mocking, and simulation. It helps create tests faster and with less effort by providing simulators and mocks of backend APIs and third-party systems. Both junior and senior developers and testers find it easy to get started by following the tutorials available online.
Management and architects favor Traffic Parrot because it allows for time to market reduction and delivering DevOps and Agile transformations due to flexible licensing model, support for many protocols and compatibility with Continuous Integration tools.
- Support for HTTP(S), JMS, IBM MQ and File transfers
- For developers and testers (both manual and automated testing)
- Compatible with Docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift. It is ideal for testing microservices.
2) ServiceV Pro
ServiceV Pro gives development and testing teams the ability to create, configure, and deploy virtual APIs with ease- increasing system availability and reducing QA costs and bottlenecks. Users can easily create virtual APIs via recording live traffic, building out a RESTful service in our UI, or simply importing a Swagger or WSDL spec, then share the service with other team members.
- Virtualize REST and SOAP services and data with no technical skills needed
- Reuse and share virtualized APIs on your local machine or in a public or private cloud
- Customize response behavior such as latency, response times, and network congestion
- Import a just a Swagger spec to start testing an API before it's built
WireMock is simulator tool for HTTP based API. It allows you stay test even when an API does not exist or is incomplete. It allows checking of an edge case and failure modes that the real API may not able to produce.
- Robust and power API URL request matching.
- Record and Playback tool
- Hosted Mock API service. No need to configure servers and set SSL certificates.
Learn More: http://wiremock.org/
Mountebank is an open source tool which can execute multi-protocol tests. The codebase is Node JS. It is easy to create stubs and mocks.
- Mountebank tool aims to be fully cross-platform, with native language bindings
- It is non-modal and multi-protocol solution. It can test SMTP, HTTP, TCP, and HTTPS
- This tool provides service virtualization service free of cost without any platform constraints
- Frequently updated, mature, and stable tool.
5) Hoverfly cloud
Hoverfly cloud is an integrated service virtualization solution. It is designed from the ground up for integration, automation, and performance. You can optimize virtualized services to efficiently handle the load from the system under test.
- Easily deployable on Google, AWS, Google & Azure cloud
- Virtualized services are automatically provisioned as part of the test setup
- You can scale on demand based on the performance requirements of your tests
- Allows for reporting using existing test tools
6) MicroFocus Data Simulation Software
MicroFocus Data simulation software allows developers and QA testers to virtualize micro service's behavior. The tool does not delay delivery regardless of access to production systems.
- Helps to create simulation of application behavior
- Allows modifying data, network, and performance models. Without doing changes in test conditions and performance needs
- Service Virtualization features integrated with Performance Center, ALM, LoadRunner, and Unified Functional Testing
- Model the functional network and checks the behavior of virtual services by using step-by-step wizards
7) Parasoft Virtualize
Parasoft Virtualize helps testers to access realistic and complete test environments to develop or test an application. The tool helps to create a realistic simulation of test dependencies. It allows full control over the test environment.
- Easy configuration of complex test conditions
- Separate testing process from time-boxed access to external system
- Helps to find hidden performance issues in the application under the test
- Simulate service and complete test environments by capturing live system behavior.
Learn More: https://www.parasoft.com/products/virtualize
8) CA service Virtualization
CA Service Virtualization tool simulates unavailable systems across the software development lifecycle. The tool helps developers, QA testing team to work together for faster delivery and higher application quality and reliability.
- It simplifies the management of development and testing processes.
- Helps to streamline development by virtualizing dependent systems including mainframes, and external service providers
- Allows project to be developed in parallel instead of waterfall model
- Reduce demand for development environments
Mocklab is service virtualization tool with user-friendly UI. It allows easy copy, paste or record stubbed HTTP responses. It helps for easy sharing among the team.
- Helps organization to remain productive even when a dependent API doesn't exist
- Test edge case and failure modes which the real API never able to produce
- Helps to recognize issues faster and find key issues with the feature of help of visual request log
Learn More: http://get.mocklab.io/
10) Rational Test Virtualization Server
IBM Rational Test Virtualization offers fast and quick testing in the development lifecycle. It helps to reduce dependencies by simulating part or an entire application. This helps software testing teams as they need not wait for the availability of those applications to begin their work.
- Virtualize services, software, and applications.
- Reuse and share virtualized environments
- Offers support for middleware technologies
- Allows integration with other tools
11) Tricentis Tosca
Tricentis Tosca allows steady access to dependent systems so that tests can be execute reliably, and continuously. It simulates the dependent component behavior need to run your tests
- Helps testers to test highly interconnected systems with many components evolving in parallel
- Simulate Interactions necessary for Testing
- Automated Message Validation process