Task management is the process of managing a task through its life cycle. It helps in various types of project planning, testing, tracking, and reporting. There are many task management software which allow you to track and achieve project goals. It offers features like file sharing, real-time page co-editing, text & video chat, sharing and collaboration.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Task Manager Software, with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open sources (free) software and commercial (paid) software.
ClickUp is software that enables you to manage your task, docs, chat, goal, and more with ease. This application allows you to assign and resolve comments to tasks. It helps you to set priorities of the work with no hassle.
- It allows you to filter and search for the desired task with ease.
- Enables you to assign multiple tasks with just one mouse click.
- You can sync with Google Calendar.
- Helps you to collaborate with other people.
- ClickUp enables you to sort tasks by project.
Todoist task management tool allows you to have a clear overview of your tasks. It helps you to divide and conquer your daily tasks in shared projects.
- Todolist give points for completing tasks and maintaining your streaks.
- It helps you to set daily and weekly goals and visualize your productivity trends.
- Let's you known when people post comments, complete tasks, and more.
- It allows you to display your daily & monthly progress in color-coded graphs.
Any. Do is a task management app that allows you to organize your task, list, and gives reminders. This software helps you to organize tasks and filter your workflow by due date or category.
- It allows you to set reminders to make sure important things don't slip away.
- You can streamline your grocery shopping experience.
- It helps you to keep track of your progress.
- The tool helps you to focus on your important task.
Teamwork is an easy-to-use, task management system. It is a tool that allows companies to maximize their project management processes. This tool also helps you to avoid unnecessary meetings and get things done quickly.
- Allows integration with Gmail, Dropbox, and cloud drive of Hotmail.
- It helps you to turn your goal into a small achievable task.
- You can automate your workflow and visual project tasks.
- Teamwork allows you to track the progress of your team.
Trello is a web-based project and project management app. This collaboration tool helps you organize your project on board. It allows you to manage your project from beginning to end.
- Helps your team to stay organized.
- Integrate the different types of apps to streamline the business process.
- You can organize upcoming projects.
- Trello stays in sync across all your devices.
OmniFocus is a powerful task management software. It helps you to focus on the right tasks at the right time. This work management software makes it simple to capture tasks from anywhere.
- It helps you to stay organized on all your devices.
- Use the sharing menu to add items from any app.
- It allows you to share your important task using any app.
- To-do feature helps you to keeps track of your priorities and shows you the best task to focus.
Monday is the work OS that powers teams to run processes, projects, and everyday work their way. This platform helps you to automate routine work and focus on what counts.
- It allows your teams to run processes, projects, and everyday work their way.
- You can Integrate with your existing tools and get more done.
- It allows you to collaborate in one shared workspace.
- Bring your team together, anywhere, and anytime.
Paymo is a task management application that can be used to manage projects from their inception through completion. It is a tool for small to medium-sized businesses looking to simplify and fasten their business processes.
- Get updated information from the various system when estimating a project.
- It allows you to access various tools like Portfolio Gantt Chart or Team's Tasks to keep track of the project.
- Team Scheduler feature allows you to create a visual timeline of work done by your team members.
- Time tracking reduces features offers transparency and accountability among manager and employees.
- It helps you to tell how much time specific project takes.
- It allows you to create an invoice based on timesheet data.
TickTick is a task management tool. It helps you to organize everything for your project. It allows you to add, schedule, organize your tasks, and get reminded on time.
- It helps you to join millions of people to capture ideas, organize life, and do something creative every day.
- Collaborate efficiently with family, friends, and colleague.
- It helps you manage to-dos in the widget and manages tasks on the go.
- You can check and handle your schedules more conveniently.
- Helps your team to share lists and assign tasks on the go
Hitask is a task management software that helps you to complete projects faster and with less overhead. This tool allows you to track time spent on tasks and generate spent time reports.
- It helps you to organize and categorize your work.
- You can share tasks with specific team members, choose who can modify or complete tasks.
- Upload and attach files according to tasks and projects.
- Allows overview of your team events in one calendar.
- Supported platforms: iPhone and Android
IDoneThis is a simple task management and a collaboration tool used by teams and personal users. The tool helps you to convert your information into reports without extra work.
- Offers a high-level view of your whole team or organization's progress over time.
- Allows you to see a list of projects.
- Provides authentic project administration functionalities.
- Offers document Sharing and API Management.
- All the team members can check-in daily, either in their browser or via email.
Toodledo is a flexible and multi-functional task management tool that will improve your productivity. This task management app helps you to share tasks, outline, and list with your collaborators.
- It helps you to write notes, make custom lists, create structured outlines, and track your habits.
- You can import and export existing data from other applications.
- It allows you to personalize your workspace any way you want to make you as efficient as possible.
MeisterTask is a task management tool that helps you to organize and manage tasks in a customizable environment. It allows teams to create streamlined, and automated workflows.
- Offers tailored offerings of the essential features.
- No download and no manual updating required.
- It allows you to easily manage tasks.
- This task management app is available for Android and iOS.
GQueues allows you to share lists with others so you can create and edit tasks together. It offers Google Calendar Integration with 2-Way Syncing.
- It helps you to set due dates on tasks in GQueues, and they appear on your Google Calendar within seconds.
- Attach files and folders from Drive to a task
- It helps you to upload documents from your computer.
- Break down large tasks into subtasks so that you can start making progress.
15) Remember The Milk
Remember the Milk is a project/task management helps users to create multiple task lists. Your added task can be edited (or not) to include various fields, location. It can be integrated with Google Maps features.
- It allows you to save commonly used locations.
- You can check to-do dues of today, tomorrow and this week.
- Allows you to select your favorite lists, smart lists, tags, locations, and contacts
- Allows you to action sharing and collaboration notifications from your smartwatch.
Todo is a task management software presented by the Microsoft team. This tool allows you to add a new task and manage it.
- Simple user interface.
- Allows you to see all your tasks in one view
- File uploading in each task.
- Allows you to print your lists
- Get instant notification about the special day.
Asana is an ideal project management software for small teams. It is available in three different versions Free, Premium and Enterprise. This task management software allows you to set priorities and deadlines.
- The free tool allows management of up to 15 team members. It also offers a basic dashboard and search.
- Premium version offers Unlimited dashboard, custom fields, advanced search & reporting.
- Enterprise version allows managing team members with advanced admin controls like service account.
- Helps you submit and manage request at one place.
- It helps you to share details and assign tasks.
Taskworld is a cloud-hosted task management and planning application software. It helps you to keep track of the changes made to a task in chronological order.
- Allows you to perform group related tasks together
- Create tasks, set due dates, and assign to yourself or your team members.
- Track time spent on a specific task and get logs for each project.
- Sort your tasks by adding tags and colored labels.
- It allows you to visualize project progress in a timeline.
Redbooth is designed for teams to accomplish their work in professional manner. It allows teams to manage tasks and to complete any projects faster and easier.
- Collaborate on tasks and threaded conversations.
- It helps you to arrange tasks onboard, list, and timeline view to fit your project plan.
- You can sort, organize, and tag your tasks for better task management.
- You can track your projects with Gantt charts.
- It enables you to connect quickly with your team with HD meetings powered by Zoom.
- It helps you to remain connected with your team with Redbooth for iOS and Android.
Wrike is a cloud-based collaboration and task management tool. It helps you to scale across teams in any business. The tool allows you to set priorities and align your team to work faster and smarter.
- View real-time reports and status for all kinds of team projects.
- It helps you to turn strategy into an actionable plan to achieve success.
- Allows you to collaborate with your team to achieve better results
- Helps you to organize your project to share the workload wisely
- Provide accurate and up-to-date info to make them create an exact deadline.
Wimi is a task management software that allows you to organize work & teams, communicate efficiently. It offers discussions, channels, direct messages, and real-time interactions.
- Share files & folders with your teammates and clients.
- You can view team performance, workload charts, and project progression data.
- It allows you to do audio calls, video calls, and screen-sharing.
- Create categories, comment tasks, and receive updates.
- Workload charts and project progression data.
Favro is the planning and task management tool that helps organizations do what they excel at. It offers collaboration planning and organization in one single place, for every team and any leader.
- Favro morphs and visualizes work according to your project need.
- It helps you to keep plans, iterations, and conversations connected to one task in one place.
- Offers easy integration with Jira, One drive, Google Drive, Dropbox, Zapier, etc.
- It allows you to build overviews and helps you to keep a track of progress towards company shared goals.
Clubhouse is a collaborative tool for software development. It offers all the functionality your team needs, without the complexity.
- It helps you to plan and build with your teams, anywhere across the world.
- Powerful to get out of your way.
- Quick to configure and navigate.
- Help you to visualize your team's progress.
- It allows you to track company-wide progress at a glance.
Samepage is all in the task management tool. This software combines chat, video conferencing, task management, file sharing, real-time. It also offers document collaboration and screen sharing in a collaborative workspace.
- You can create your organization by signing easily, quickly, and free.
- Create teams to organize people, projects, files, events, etc.
- It allows you to send the invitation to coworkers quickly.
Backlog is an excellent project management software that is feature-rich while being easy to use. It allows you to create watchlists and Easy drag and drop file sharing.
- Offers gantt Charts and Burndown charts.
- Allows you to do sub tasking and issue templates.
- Automatically create issues via email.
- Built-in Wikis for collaboration.
- Search and advanced search features.
- A full history of issue updates and status changes.
- Built-in Git and SVN.
- Native mobile apps.
Xo is a task management platform that connects employees, tools, and information in one employee-centered digital hub. It helps you to transform your employee experience and empower your workforce.
- It allows you to build your company culture and boost your employee engagement.
- Modernize your systems and meet your users.
- It offers expert services to help ensure that your digital transformation project is a success.
The notion is an online task management tool that allows you to plan, collaborate, and get organized using a single platform.
- It helps you to align with a shared project roadmap.
- Define and add your database properties to create your workflow.
- It supports more than 30 media types.
- Tasks and projects are easy to manage using a calendar and list views.
- You can integrate more than 50 apps.
- It helps you to outline your idea and rearrange them in ascending or descending order.
- Keep your work bundled together.
- It allows you to comment, start conversations, and call upon colleagues.
KanbanFlow is easy to use time tracking software which allows you to track the time that you spend on your tasks.
- Divides your task into subtasks, you can more easily track the progress made on it.
- It helps you to perform an overview of your tasks by adding horizontal swimlanes to your Kanban board.
- You can board on the user, label, color, or due date.
- Allows you to completed tasks by date
Bitrix24 is collaborative task management tool for teams large and small. This task management software is available in the cloud and on-premise with source code access.
- It offers advanced project planning, resource management, and progress tracking.
- Client and project management in one place.
- It helps you to do project workspaces, team chat, video conferencing, document management, etc.
- Supported platforms: Android, iOS, and Mac.
Accelo is a task management tool to boost productivity and profitability across your service business. It helps you to streamline your business. This tool allows you to run your entire business in the cloud.
- Helps you to mange your projects against budgets, schedules & resources in real time.
- It allows you to manage projects and schedules in one place.
- Provide a single snapshot of your project with real-time budgets and roll-up details.
- It allows you to review selected documents.
Basecamp is a online task management tool that allows you to effortlessly assign tasks, organize your team, and track progress. It helps you to create a to-do list of important tasks.
- Add recurring tasks.
- Allows resource allocation and forecasting.
- Automated check-ins.
- Set important dates on a shared schedule.
- Break up your work into separate projects.
- Search filters & notifications.
Quire is a collaborative task and project management tool. It allows users to plan and organize tasks quickly in the form of a tree-like structure. The software aims to reduce the burden of managing complex and time-consuming projects.
- It runs in the cloud, or you can install it on your server.
- Stay organized with an advanced to-do list to track your work.
- Offers filtering options to help you pick out the tasks that need to be completed first.
- This task management software lets you drive your inspirations forward without hurting the main goal.
⚡ What is task management?
Task management is the process of managing a task through its life cycle. It helps in various types of project planning, testing, tracking, and reporting. There are many task management software which allow you to track and achieve project goals.
❓ Why is task management important?
While working for multiple projects, it is very much difficult to remember everything. So, you will most likely have difficulty balancing your work, being unable to prioritize the ones that need immediate attention, and those that you can simply get rid of. At that time, proper task management proves useful to prioritizing tasks.
💻 What is Task Management Software?
The Task management tool helps you to streamline the process of managing tasks. It offers more control over tasks and teams. It provides a medium to work better together to complete those tasks. It also allows you to use all of the most common task management tools in one software.
✔️ What are the tips for effective task management?
Here are some useful task management tips:
- Helps you to create a to-do list of the tasks
- You should use the Kanban board to plan easily.
- Break a big task into smaller pieces.
- Focus on your top priority tasks.
❓ Can you assign tasks to your team using task management software?
There are many task management software has full-blown team management features. They allow you to assign the task, send a reminder for overdue tasks, set the priority level, send attachments, generate reports, etc.