Following is a handpicked list of Top Drawing(Art) Apps, with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) software.
Best Free Drawing Apps for Digital Artists
|👍 Adobe Fresco||Windows, Mac, iPad, Android||Learn More|
|👍 Adobe Photoshop||Windows, Mac||Learn More|
|Artrage||Windows, Android, Mac, iOS||Learn More|
|Colorcinch||Windows, Mac, iPad, Android||Learn More|
|Adobe Photoshop Sketch||Windows, Mac||Learn More|
1) Adobe Fresco
Adobe Fresco is easy to use vector drawing program. It enables you to turn your ideas into a design. This application has built-in vector brushes. The software allows you to customize the toolbar so that you can keep only those brushes that you like.
- This drawing ideas app has a built-in graph and perspective grid to sketch any diagram.
- You can include images from multiple sources as a part of your composition.
- It enables you to publish your work to Behance (digital marketing site).
- Supports the latest drawing hardware Adobe Ink, Adonit Jot Touch, and more.
- You can download this tool to sketch 2D and 3D. Drawings.
Photoshop is an application for photo retouching and image editing. It is published by Adobe for Windows and macOS. This tool offers you to create, enhance, edit artworks, images, and illustrations. Adobe Photoshop is an important tool for designers, graphic artists, photographers, web developers, and creative professionals.
- You can connect to Behance, a social media platform.
- It has smart sharpen filters.
- It is built using generator technology.
- Image edited with Photoshop on mobile can automatically save as a cloud.
- Intelligent upsampling feature to make low-resolution image print-ready.
- A useful tool for drawing shapes.
- Supports conditional actions that help you to automate tedious and repetitive tasks.
- It provides a one-click color correction.
- You can retouch a photo with ease.
Artrage is an application that offers numerous realistic painting tools. The program allows you to create delicate watercolor strokes that look like a canvas texture.
- Customize the brush the way you like.
- Offers oil paint brushes.
- Every action is recordable.
- Artrage provides a tutorial for drawing.
- It supports a phone or tablet.
- The tool can be used on win or macOS.
Colorcinch is an AI-powered photo effect and editing tool. This drawing app allows you to instantly create, edit, and turn your photo into personalized artwork. It also helps you to save and organize your projects online.
- Save and organize your projects online.
- Offers adjustable filters & cartomizer effects
- Provides a wide selection of features to customize and beautify your artwork.
- You can access your artwork and resume editing from anywhere in the world.
Adobe Photoshop Sketch is a tool that lets you create drawings using tools like pen, pencils, watercolor, markers, etc. This app is available for Android as well as iOS.
- Supports integration with Behance.
- Built-in the graph and grids for easy drawing.
- It offers a cloud library for quick access to your artwork.
- Help make a collage of sketches.
- Supports for drawing hardware like Fifty-three and Adobe Ink.
- You can send sketches to Adobe illustrator for high-resolution printing.
GIMP is a freeware and open-source digital painting software. The full form of GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is used for image editing and retouching, free form drawing, convert images into different formats, and more specialized work. This program is released under GPLv3+ licenses and is available for macOS, Microsoft Windows, and Linux.
- Manage color efficiently.
- This digital art program comes with a customizable user interface.
- It helps you touch up digital photographs captured from the camera.
- It has basic vector graphic features.
- Supports different hardware devices, including the MIDI controller, USB, etc.
- It is one of the best free art apps that enables you to enhance photos with ease.
- Export to JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, and more file formats.
- You can open an unlimited number of images at one time.
- GIMP supports the full alpha channel.
7) Pencil Sketch
Pencil Sketch is an easy to use editor for creating sketches from photos. This application enables you to choose the image from your gallery or capture it with the camera. It is one of the best drawing apps for free which helps you to create sketches with smooth curves and edges.
- Enhance photo with one tap.
- Provides many photo effects, filters, and frames
- This free drawing software offers stickers.
- The software can help you to convert photos into a doodle style cartoon photo.
- Adjust contrast, exposure, saturation, and color temperature.
- You can sharpen the blurry photo.
- It allows you to draw and add text.
8) PENUP – Share your drawings
PENUP is a drawing tool that helps you to make sketches. It enables you to do coloring on drawings. This application allows you to find drawings by popular artwork and artists.
- It is one of the best free drawing app which helps you to draw sketches comfortably.
- You can challenge yourself with new topics.
- Enables you to use real time artwork.
- Share your drawings with other people.
- Supports commenting on drawings.
SketchBook is a program that is used to make the artwork. You can use this application on Android and iOS.
- You can transform paper-based drawings into digital form.
- This drawing app for free offers pencil strokes that look like real.
- Provides a blueprint for drafting.
- You can draw lines with ease.
- This application has an easy user interface.
10) Pencil Photo Sketch-Sketching Drawing Photo Editor
Pencil Photo Sketch is a photo editor to create sketches from photos. It is one of the best free drawing apps that enables you to convert your images into color pencil sketches or hand-drawn pencil sketches.
- Offers easy to use UI.
- It provides a pencil sketch, cartoon art, silhouette painting, and more.
- Supports many crayons and photo coloring effects.
- You can quickly filter out your photo.
- It has a simple UI design.
- This sketch drawing app allows you to share your artwork using social media sites like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
11) ibis Paint X
ibis Paint X is a versatile drawing app. It is one of the best art apps for free that contains more than 800 fonts, 64 filters, 335 brushes, and more. This application gives a comfortable and smooth drawing experience. The software helps you to record the drawing process as a video.
- You can add layers to your sketch.
- It enables you to set the opacity and to blend into layers.
- Offer filters for curve gradation map, and cloud.
- You can set brush parameters like thickness, opacity, and angle.
- Provides real-time brush review.
12) Kawaii Easy Drawing: How to draw Step by Step
Kawaii Easy Drawing: How to draw Step by Step is a free drawing book for children. It is one of the best free painting apps which provides animation steps to show detailed steps for drawing cartoons. You can use it to draw flowers, rose, animals, and more.
- It can be used without Wi-Fi.
- Provides a private gallery.
- Contains plenty of lessons.
- Offers many font tools.
- Update daily with new cartoons and comics.
- It has a large variety of categories.
PaperColor is a painting application. This app has different styles of color libraries. It is one of the best free sketch apps which helps you to draw anything from your tablet or phone.
- Offers handwriting signature after you finish your work.
- Provides a ruler and eraser.
- You can draw on the photo.
- It has a base map that helps you to learn drawing.
- You can share your artwork with other people.
14) Inspire Pro
Inspire Pro is a painting app for iPad. This application helps you to blend colors with brush strokes. It is one of the best free drawing software which enables you to browse through the gallery. The software allows you to add the title of your artwork.
- It offers numerous brush selection.
- You can view the video of the artwork you have made.
- It automatically records the strokes while you paint.
- Support drawing with Apple Pencil.
- Adjust the opacity and size of the color brush.
- You can customize the depth of the stroke.
Procreate is an application that enables you to create sketches and paintings on the iPad. It is one of the best free art programs that contains a library of brushes, charcoals, ink, and more. It allows you to paint or draw with any color.
- It provides drag and drops functionality.
- Pick and drop color onto canvas to fill it.
- Offers multi-touch gestures.
- Streamline strokes for smooth curves.
- Support of full font control, including kerning (spacing between two characters), baseline, and more.
- It has color balancing tools.
- You can add depth to your art.
16) Drawing Desk: Draw, Paint, Color, Doodle & Sketch Pad
Drawing Desk: Draw, Paint, Color, Doodle & Sketch Pad is a free app for Android devices. This application helps you to start drawing, sketching, and coloring. It enables you to draw pictures of animals, vegetables, fruits, and more.
- Offers 3D brushes and Stickers.
- Sketch using pen, pencil, fill a bucket, watercolor.
- You can zoom the drawing canvas.
- Offers color palette with touch color themes and pickers.
- You can give unique touch effects with magic brushes.
- Share your drawing with friends and family.
- Post your artwork on Facebook or Instagram.
- You can work offline without W-Fi connection.
17) Drawing Grid Maker
Drawing Grid Maker is a grid drawing software for artists that draws a grid on top of an image that can be used as a guide. This application enables you to load pictures from your web browser or device.
- Users can easily set rows and columns, the color of the grid, and line width.
- Save the image to print it out.
- Display images on your tablet/monitor/phone while you draw.
18) How to Draw Animals
How to Draw Animals is a mobile application that allows you to draw cartoon animals with ease. It includes a large amount of drawing collection.
- Drawings can be classified by the level of difficulty.
- It provides simple steps to create your drawing.
- This application offers a fun way to teach your kid drawing.
19) Magic Slate
Magic Slate is a tool that enables you to draw and apply colors with brush strokes. This program offers a wide range of effects like inner glow, emboss, outer glow, and more. It provides an easy way to undo and redo the changes.
- You can use Magic Slate for drawing and writing with more than one color.
- It enables you to clear your drawing.
- You can save the drawing in mobile.
- It supports multiple brushes with varieties of sizes.
- This application allows you to share your drawing with friends and family.
- The application provides an eraser to make corrections.
- Offers a multicolor pallet to choose your painting. Painting.
- It helps kids to learn drawing or writing numbers and alphabets.
Pixelmator Pro is a graphics editor to develop a professional image. This application has a collection of tools that can be used for editing and retouching photos.
- It is compatible with macOS Catalina, and new Mac Pro.
- This tool supports multi GPU (Graphics Processing Unit).
- You can remove unwanted colors from a photo.
- This free drawing program allows you to customize any symbol from templates.
- Pixelmator has a collection of handcrafted brushes.
- You can mix and combine any special art or effects.
- It allows you to retouch any photo the way you need it.
21) Drawing Grid For The Artist
Drawing Grid For The Artist is an Android application that helps you to draw using a grid. You can use this program to adjust the brightness and contrast of the image.
- Provides black and white photo transfer facility
- You can easily get the color of the image
- Adjust brightness and contrast.
22) Pencil Sketch Photo – Art Filters and Effects
Pencil Sketch Photo – Art Filters and Effects is an easy application that helps you to turn your images into a pencil art sketch. This application enables you to import a photo from camera or gallery.
- It offers more than 15 sketch filters.
- You can make realistic sketches.
- Pencil Sketch Photo allows you to share your work with your colleagues.
- It enables you to edit pictures from anywhere at any time.
- This drawing app supports Facebook, Whatsapp, and email sharing.
23) Paper by Wetransfer
Paper by Wetransfer is a tool that allows you to make drawings. This application allows you to share your final work in real-time with comments and reactions.
- It allows you to sketch, type, and draw.
- This application helps you to cut, stack, move and fix the photos.
- It enables you to sync your work across devices.
- You can make photo collages with ease.
- Provides many drawing tricks.
24) Tayasui Sketches
Tayasui Sketches is a tool that allows you to make realistic sketches with ease. This tool provides wet watercolor that enables you to blend two or more colors. It supports unlimited layers to draw complex drawings.
- You can back up your work to iCloud.
- It provides acrylic and oil paint brushes.
- This online drawing program offers a smart way to paint large areas in one stroke.
- You can add depth to your drawings.
- Tayasui Sketches allows you to mix colors to have a perfect shade.
- Supported platforms are Mac, iOS, and Android.
25) Marmoset Hexels
Marmoset Hexels is an application for grid-based painting, design, and animation. This application provides a palette that enables you to keep track of colors.
- It enables you to rasterize the image.
- Supports painting with geometry.
- Provides pixel to pixel drawing facility.
- It can be used on Mac and PC.
- You can export your work for SVG or PSD.
- This application enables you to assemble your canvas (drawing area) with ease.
26) MediBang Paint
MediBang Paint is a lightweight application that enables you to make drawings for comic books. This application provides grids for easy drawings. It is one of the best drawing apps for PC which enables you to slice the canvas areas.
- You can save more than one page in one file.
- It helps you draw smoother lines.
- You can store your drawing on the cloud.
- Can import files from the tablet/smartphone sketching app.
- You can set keyboard shortcuts.
- This application offers regular updates.
- Works on Windows or Mac.
27) Affinity Designer
Affinity Designer is a vector graphics app that helps you to improve your workflow and creativity. This application provides a real-time preview. You can use it to make complex drawings. The program enables you to link symbols.
- You can manage more handle more than 1000 objects.
- It enables you to organize layers with drawings.
- Provides an outline view for accurate selections.
- You can create a vector or raster image with just one single click.
- You can save your history.
- Offers customizable keyboard shortcuts to draw online.
- Supported file formats are PSD, PDF, AI, JPG, SVG, and more.
Assembly is a tool that offers a quick and easy way to make your design. You can use this tool to draw basic shapes, fills, stickers, and strokes. This iPhone drawing app enables you to export the file as SVGs.
- This online drawing app enables you to cut, intersect, and combine objects.
- Supports grouping, scale, and rotate objects.
- This application helps you to edit the shape the way you like.
- You can work on the iPhone and iPad with Apple pencil.
- It enables you to make design without any experience.
Concepts is an application that contains natural tools to draw vector graphics. This application has a library containing a wide variety of objects and brushes. It enables you to drag and drop objects with ease.
- This realistic drawing app allows you to make your own custom objects.
- It enables you to import PDF files.
- You can export your design as a vector.
- Offers a wide range of brushes.
- You can use this application on mobile.
- It enables you to draw technical drawings without switching to a new document.
- You can manipulate images layers, and more.
❓ What are drawing apps?
Drawing Apps are programs that help you to create simple images called vector graphics
🚀 Which are the Best Drawing Software?
Below are some of the Best Drawing Software:
⚡ Why use drawing apps?
Here are the reasons of using drawing apps:
- Drawing applications have numerous brushes that help style your drawings easily.
- This software can be used to make realistic sketches with ease.
- Applications help you to edit the shape the way you like.
- Customize apps the way you like.
🏅 What are the common features of drawing apps?
- You can make your own custom objects.
- It allows you to manipulate images layers, and more.
- Support file formats are PSD, PDF, AI, JPG, SVG, and more.
- It enables you to organize layers with drawings.
If you need Graphic Design Software, here’s our list of the Best FREE Photoshop Alternatives Software.